Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:03 am

That was a cool CM Punk promo, he always did good ones and really he's one of the best to do it. It's something seeing him with the long hair.

Its Father's Day so I have 2 in store with that theme of Father & Son together :)

Here is Dusty & Dustin Rhodes when they were briefly together in the WWF in 1990 when they were feuding with The Million Dollar Man & Virgil during these good days.

Now they left after their match against them at the WWF 1991 Royal Rumble and returned to WCW soon after. Now we're into 1994 already which was some really cool times in WCW. Here they are together once more :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:18 am

I'm sure it has to a be a thrill to spend all those years in wrestling and then step in the ring with your own kid. I can't even imagine the feeling. I mean, just watching my kids play sports amazes me, but to watch one grow up and follow in your footsteps must be something.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:08 am

Yes I'm sure it is something when the kids follow in their Dad's footsteps :) That was a great return for Punk. Since your on a CM Punk kick for the moment here's THE PIPEBOMB :!: :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:02 pm

Ah, I was afraid you would post this if I kept doing CM Punk. I was going to post this on the 27th which would be the 12th anniversary. No worries, though. I remember this night pretty vividly. I had Raw on but wasn't really paying attention to it, until this happened at the end. It was such a WTF moment that we didn't know if it was a shoot or a work. I even texted a friend after to see if he thought it was a legit or not and it's all we talked about the next few days. Wrestling is always at it's best when the lines get blurred, and things don't seem as formulaic and scripted as most WWE stuff comes off these days. That Punk AEW promo was pretty good, too. I watched a few old Punk promos this weekend, the Pipe Bomb, with Cena, HHH, and Laurenitis, with the Rock, and the one with just HHH. Punk's first AEW promo was good, but it was kind of gee whiz it's good to be back and I can't wait to wrestle all these young guys. This promo on Saturday felt more like old school Punk, full of piss and vinegar and smug as hell. It's the Punk I've wanted to see since he got back. Hopefully everyone involved in the whole fiasco can be adults because a feud with the Elite vs Punk/FTR could make a lot of money. I hope it happens, I would just do a slow burn for few months and not hotshot it.

Anyway, that Punk promo is truly one of the most iconic moments in wrestling.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:16 am

Well darn next time tell Me you got dibs on an important one for whatever reason;) I couldn't have said it better PB :)

Here's this one from WCW Great American Bash 1990. This is just months before Mean Mark became The Undertaker in 1990 and yes, Paul E. Dangerously is today's Paul Heyman :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:34 pm

No worries. Still crazy seeing Taker in WCW.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:17 am

OK :) , That was a great promo by Garcia. Yes, it is still crazy even when you watched him then in WCW and watched it unfold :o

Eli Drake was cool, so good on the mic :) Here is his debut in NXT as LA Knight. Look at his logo behind him, when I first saw this I was wow, that's a complete HOLLER to TNA IMPACT and they did the same thing with Mr. Stone to Tony Khan too :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:48 pm

I hate the name WWE gave him. Just makes me thing of LA Gear sneakers, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:15 am

I kinda like his new name. Ah Matt Borne was a great talent and such a great wrestler too. I loved him as the first Doink. All of these were from 93, 30 years ago this year. I'm almost done with a huge Yo, Do You Remember 93 because that was a cool wrestling year for Me :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:30 pm

It's a shame Matt Borne couldn't satay clean because he had talent and worked that gimmick well. Even in ECW. It's a shame.

This is more for cranky Mean Gene than anything, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc