Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:27 am

Can't say I ever heard of him, but that era of WCW was just not something I saw.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:14 am

Shame but the was well known, like I said Mark Henry broke his records! Mr. Wonderful was always great on the mic!

Here's a cool interview of "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan during his early WWF days, he was really good too!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:25 am

I was never a big Hacksaw fan. I mean, we all did the Hoooo and stuff, but wrestling and promo wise, he never really did much for me in the WWF.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:05 am

Back to Mr. Wonderful, it's amazing him, Murocco with Superstar Billy Graham and Bam Bam Bigelow all joined Hogan in the firs Survivor Series :o

Eddie Graham was a bit before My time so I really never watched him. Gordon Solie was younger then! Oh I did that stuff too but I really liked Duggan, he was so over with the fans for so long. Here's the companion interview with The Million Dollar and really it's 2 in 1 because Andre has an awesome promo too, I loved him here WM4 time, 35 years ago this year :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:36 pm

Heel Andre was great. I wish he would've been a little younger so he could've been around longer.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:39 pm

Great stuff, guys. Looking through all these promos, I just saw the One Man Gang to Akeem promo for the first time. I've never seen that, either. Like you, I just knew him as One Man Gang and then suddenly, he was Akeem. I thought he was decent for a big man, though. He could move pretty well and took some crazy bumps.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:11 am

Acid, thanks. Oh yes, Akeem/One Man Gang was incredible really and I talk about the big men here a lot but seems like so very few people anywhere like or think about the big man anymore :roll: That will never be the same for Me cause that's one of the reasons why I loved wrestling in the first place :batsmile:

PB - Andre was 42 there, sadly he knew his days were numbered...Paul Wight should be very thankful that he had that surgery that Andre couldn't :roll: WCCW was great, it was yet another that was taken over by Vinnie Mac :roll: The Freebirds was great and their feud with the Von Erichs were one of the biggest feuds ever so here's this from 35 years ago this year!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:05 am

There's few things in old wrestling that I say I wish I could've seen live, but the Von Erichs and Freebirds fued is one thing I would've liked to have watched unfold.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:09 am

A few for you :? There was a ton that I would of love to seen in person back in the day :shock: Amazing how young Jake was and it was cool seeing Adams there in his prime as well. Jake was one of My Grandma's favorites and Adams has be story with Steve Austin but later on that.

Here's this WCCW with Kerry Von Erich, he was one of My Grandpa's favorites, I liked him a lot too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:13 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc