Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:48 am

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:03 am

Yeah, I saw that online yesterday. It's not the only stuff he lost recently.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:40 am

Gosh, more besides the video :?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:18 am

Well I'm taking the back seat on a big Revolution spotlight write up and decided to just say that Revolution was ok and kinda predictable. I'm just gonna say a few things here. Renee Young looked really sweet, she's always been a very pretty gal. I really get annoyed by RJ City, this generation and younger people like that is one of the probs in this pathetic day & age IMO :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: The Jungle Boy & Christian bout was great. I loved the women's title match and the hint of Absolution 2.0! Great for Mark Briscoe :) It was actually greats seeing Mox & Danielson tap out, that was refreshing. IMO this wasn't as exciting as Full Gear nor engaging as Final Battle IMO. Later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 29, 2023 7:08 am

Well there hasn't been a post in this for a couple months now :o Sometimes it's like AEW doesn't even exist :roll: I know you said PB about it not being really exciting but there hasn't been anything worth talking about or mentioning at all with this time frame in your opinion :?: I didn't post anything since cause there was nothing since what I said about the last PPV which was Revolution. Well I just checked out Double or Nothing and I must say it was a solid PPV with some incredible bumps & moments. Just in case I'm not going to say any spoilers and I'm not doing a massive spotlight either.

Like I said in My Night of Champions preview, with NOC, NXT Battleground and AEW Double or Nothing I would imagine that this would be a wrestling fan's dream weekend :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 29, 2023 10:25 am

I almost didn't get Double or Nothing. Honestly, the card wasn't really that exciting to me. Most of the title matches looked like obvious retains. Nothing against people like Lethal and Jarrett, or Taya Valkyrie, but they didn't look like they really had a chance, and overall, weren't that interesting of opponents. Even the Four Pillars match, which I thought would still be entertaining, there was no way MJF was losing. And I just don't find the Elite that interesting. Overall it ended up being a decent show. The crowd was dead for the first two hours and the matches were just ok. It didn't help to have questionable matchups. Crowds want to cheer the House of Black. And everyone loves the Acclaimed, so it was hard to root for one team. The last few matches really saved the PPV. I was said the Jaime Hayter's injury seems worse than thought. Hopefully she gets healthy in time to win the belt back in the UK in August. Kris Statlander was a nice surprise. I thought it might have been Jordynne Grace, but being an AEW original to finally defeat Jade was the right call. I hope Kris can stay healthy.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 30, 2023 3:49 am

I thought it was good.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 30, 2023 5:51 am

Oh, the matches were fine. I just thought the card going in was kind of lackluster. There weren't really any title matches where I thought there was much chance of a title change.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 31, 2023 5:58 am

Even though a card looks lackluster I never back down from it and always give it a chance because you just never know. Like I said before whenever somebody thinks there's not going to be title change it happens. I was hoping Jade was going to continue her streak but darn shame Statlander came back and spoiled that open challenge, I was hoping Jade was going to for Asuka's streak whom actually beat Goldberg's streak when she was in NXT because there really hasn't been a woman as impressive as her in a long time but that didn't happen. It was amazing how Statlander picked her up with ease, Jade looked kinda small and vulnerable and I like her new look too. Well if you saw My WWE Night of Champions results then you know that Bianca Belair shockingly lost to Asuka and really I didn't expect that as I said in My preview & results so wrestling's 2 top black women surprising lost back to back in two different feds in two different events. It's amazing how Taya comes around in NXT & AEW and really does nothing. I'm glad Toni got the title back, I'm digging her newer look and her team. I really wanted Jarrett to win the tag titles but that was cool what his wife did to Aubrey. That was a great Anarchy match, cool about Roderick & Sabu. How awesome that was when Wardlow jumped off of that giant ladder onto Luchasaurus. AEW should be pretty fun to watch after this now IMO :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:57 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW