Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Vintage Wrestling Collection: Final F4WNL!!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: 1997 Special!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:28 am

Yes, Jakks had 1 series of'em and that was it. They weren't as flexible at the LJN ones but still were great. Keep in mind those were only hints/previews cause I got the whole series. I do have a bootleg set of 2 Thumb Wrestlers as well that I'll show later as well. Thanks PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: VERY SPECIAL ENTRY!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:37 am

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Wrestlemania 7: Oh boy this one. 1991 would really become a year of cool stuff everywhere but really the last year of the classic WWF atmosphere as it would become different the next year. Sgt. Slaughter betrayed the USA in 90, beat the Warrior at the 91 RR thanks to the Macho King to be the Federation's top heel for a long while. It was Hogan once again challenging him and he won and Hogan was champ for the 4th time. It was a great match with a great build up. The Warrior & Macho King match was dandy and emotional. Demolition would sadly be on their way out after losing to the debuting Japanese duo Tenryu & Kitao and it would be one of the last times they would be mentioned in the WWF/WWE as it has been forbidden to talk about them within the company. The Blindfold Match with "The Model" Rick Martel & Jake the Snake was great. This was The Undertaker's first WM and his first victim was Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka!

NOTE: This is a VERY important event for Me because My great cousin Mike (I called him Uncle Buck because he looked like John Candy) actually RECORDED THIS FOR ME ON PPV and gave Me HIS VHS TAPE. I was so thankful and glad about it. Remember I was talking about that he had a classic Atari system but I never got to play with him :?: Well, he got very bad sick, I hardly seen him and not too much longer he passed away, I was so sad that I couldn't have had more time with him :cry:

So there you saw a quote of a special write up I did for many Wrestlemania Events last year. I think about this quite often and I thought that now is the time to further elaborate on this crucial matter of Mine. You know the half of it so here's more ;)

First off, My Grandma had told Me many stories of My great Cousin Michael when I was a youngster. I always wanted to see him but he was bad sick and lived way out in the country like most of Our Family (it was always difficult for Us & them to see each other and most of Our family was Jacks and didn't bother visiting nor calling us so really We didn't bother with any extra effort about them either sadly) so I could only talk to him on the phone. It was always fun talking to him. Before I get into that. Here is a bit about him. He was quite close to My Grandma like I was, she always took care of him while her Sister Florence (her nick name was Nipps & My Grandpa met her first but she was already married to Uncle Harold so she introduced him to her Sister Gloria, this how My Grandparents met at the Halloween Dance Party). His brother Brian (now I knew him well, he was big & tall like the The Big Boss Man yet resembled Akeem/One Man Gang more, he was a reserve Fire Fighter & K9 Police Officer, Me & My Grandpa visited him & his Dad Harold a couple times in the early 90s, he had a NES and liked to play Duck Hunt, he always wanted to shoot the dog in the game) and it was ok over there, I played with his big German Shepard/K9 Cop Dog and saw much wildlife in the country. He was always a leech and asked My Grandpa countless times to work on his Bike cause My Grandpa was an expert mechanic though My Grandma taught him a thing or two ;) When My Grandpa got sick in 96 and got worse in 97 due to his half-brother suing him, he had to give up his passions which I have NEVER FORGAVE his @$%^&*% half-brother for what he did to him and when Cousin Brian saw that My Grandpa couldn't work anymore so Brian left the house disgusted and We never talked to him again cause he USED My Grandpa and that was it, cause he was always, ALWAYS was so nice to everyone and they just took advantage of him including his most of his family especially his half-siblings & father, you wouldn't believe all the the F/N crap he had to go through, a man that would give you his shirt off of his back and he's treated like F/N dirt and he GOT NO JUSTICE FOR NOTHIN' EITHER...He never did anything to nobody, just look in My Grandma's Tribute and look how special he was in his pictures, he didn't deserve that F/N crap :x :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Sadly one of his downfalls was because he would be so nice and take crap from people but because of his kindess & love this was one of the feats why he was the greatest man I ever knew :)

So now here's about My Great Cousin Mike, My Grandma Mimi would show Me old pictures of him in Our Family Albums. He was quite and handsome classy looking man with big sideburns. He was big, about 6 foot 2 about at least 250 pounds like Brian was. In the old days he'd used to come to Our house ask My Grandma if she'd want to go to White Castle and usually her answer was yes and he'd get a sack of 10 of'em (remember when I was talking about White Castle and how much I loved'em, well I wasn't alone there) and My Mom was a young girl and she'd go along with'em as well and a lot of times it would at Midnite while My Grandpa was sleeping they'd be bring "the Midnight Oil". Oh from what I heard it was such fun times. This White Castle was the one located on Grand & Gravois. Its located where Ben Franklin's & Sears and a National used to be and a bit farther away where K-Mart Plaza at Morgan Ford was. It was a great area back then and times were so different, it allowed so many great times to happen :) Mike loved My Grandpa too. In fact they wrestled together at the CHASE IN ST. LOUIS (Yes that same Chase that most of your legendary wrestlers like Ric Flair & Harley Race wrestled at, gosh We has so much history here) and Cousin Brian wanted too as well but he couldn't take the bumps like Mike & Grandpa did cause they were tuff, Brian was a wuss :!: They had fun together a lot. Then unfortunately Cousin Mike got in a very bad car accident and it triggered him with Diabetes and that was about it for him as he became more ill as time went on :roll: So as I said before, when I was old enough to understand about his condition My Grandma allowed Me to talk to him on the phone on a occasional basis. Mike was an old school gamer as he had an Atari 2600 (remember all of those times when I said that I never had the chance to play that system because My cousin Mike was ill, well now you know) and I would have loved to play with him even though I was accustomed to My NES, I was already a veteran of Commodore 64 so I think I would have been a good player with him and I'm sure it would have been fun but sadly I will never know :( One day in early/mid 1990 he stopped over by Our old dear house and being a year 9 year old horror freak as I was then, I wasn't prepared to see what he looked like. He was about 400 pounds with his limbs gone and just was in really shape, (picture The Legendary Ugandan Giant Kamala's last days only worse) I never forgot this :cry: It was nice to finally see him however. I was a huge fan of John Candy & his recent 1989 Uncle Book movie so looking at the good side of Mike he reminded Me of him the way his hair & face was and his really nice personality so I just called him My Uncle Buck...I thought it was sweet of Me to do that and I believe it was ok with it :) He'd reveal to Me that he was a big wrestling fan also and We'd talk a lot about it. So this is where the big factor of this very special presentation comes into play. It was early 1991 (which was a pretty good year for a lot. Wrestling was so fun, movies, music & video games and action figures were too.), We were talking to My "Uncle Buck" Cousin Mike about wrestling. He was telling Me that he was going to order WWF Wrestlemania 7 on PPV and that he'd give Me the Tape :? I was like really :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh: So WWF Wrestlemania 7 happen and was in the books. I'd find out the results via WWF Prime Time Wrestling the following Monday like you would before the days of Raw & the Net if you didn't see the PPVs. Not to long after that I got a package in the mail and its from him and I was really excited about it :) He recorded it on a blank VHS like you would back in the day. It was blank with no writing on it but it was quite obvious as to what it was. So My Grandma labeled with a number it cause she & Grandpa recorded tons of movies on TV & with the Gold Cable-2 VCR trick as well and put them all in categories with numbers, they were so good at that stuff . So here is the tape I got from My "Uncle Buck" Cousin Mike :) Notice it's Polaroid, a company you hardly hear anything about anymore, they were a main VHS Tape brand back then in the 80s & 90s :)

Here is the label that My Grandma wrote on there as it says Wrestlemania 7 :o It also says Turtles Cartoon, there was a bit of room left on the tape so I recorded some TMNT as well on it.

Here is the Tape coming out of it's Sleeve.

Here's a gander at the VHS Tape itself.

Ah look at that label saying Wrestlemainia 7 & Turtles Cartoon, gosh these were the days :batsmile: :wwgrin: :smsmile:

Image[/url]

It was so cool watching this actual PPV and knowing how I got it...again, look at that :batwink:

Image[/url]

So there is My very special presentation for My WWF Wrestlemania 7 PPV that was directly recorded from/on PPV by and sent to Me directly by My "Uncle Buck" Cousin Mike :) This was the first I ever saw a direct PPV copy as We always rented the events at Our Video Rental Stores that I showcased in My Glory Days of Video Rentals in My Odds & Ends. Now you know WHY I was talking about the way I was about the Atari 2600 and why the movie Uncle Buck meant something to Me and how horrible most of My Family is. Sadly not too long after he sent me this great tape My "Uncle Buck" Cousin Mike passed away :batsmh: :wwsad: :smsad: Even though Our relationship and everything was limited, I am quite grateful that he was a great man and that he liked Me and that We had stuff in common with each other like video games & wrestling :)

So more great wrestling items from Me coming soon, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:14 am

That's a nice story. Sad he passed away so long ago but at least you still have that VHS tape. That's pretty cool. When I was young, we thought my uncle looked like Randy Savage because he had the beard and longer hair, he was a biker. He didn't watch wrestling really, but he'd try his best 'oh yeah' because it would make us laugh. Good times.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:00 pm

Well thank you very much PB, I appreciate that very :) Oh yes, that is a very special tape of Mine, ain't no way letting it getting misplaced :batwink: Cool you had a biker in the family too, that's a nice story you have also PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: VHS PART 1!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:06 am

My Westling VHS & DVDs Logo 1.jpg

So here comes a massive showcase I have been longing to do for quite a while now and that is My Vintage Wrestling VHS & DVD Collection :o This will be divided into FIVE PARTS :o Now I have a lot but probably not as much as you think I have then again it is a good number. There will be some obvious ones with some surprises as well. Also this will be in the same vein as My Glory Days of Video Rentals in My Odds & Ends with locations and much more :shock: Get ready for a fantastic visual journey of Vintage wrestling tapes that will remind one of how it was back in the day when wrestling was so fun to watch and it was so fun collecting the tapes :batsmile:

First I want to got to My prologue and "revisit" Verna's Mr. T's that I introduced her great personality and more in My Glory Days of Video Rentals. She was brunette, a bit on the heavy side but quite attractive like a mixture of Sherri Martel & Adrienne Barbeau and had a personalty similar like the late great Kirstie Alley, just think how women in the 80s & early 90s looked so good and classic. I ahve never met a woman like Verna since :) Please go to My Odds & Ends ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-40.html to see the entire showcase of My Glory days of Video Rentals :!:

For the Christmas in out new home in 1990, My Grandma made a very special deal with Verna. She got Me the NWA Great American Bash 88: The Price for Freedom VHS. She paid top dollar for this and it has always been a major memory of Mine :) Look at that 1988 Copyright, 30 years ago this year :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Look at that Mr. T's Label :!:

She really liked Me and paid attention to what I was interested in. She knew I loved a lot of stuff especially wrestling. She actually did Me some great wonders. Here is an example of her kindness. It was about Wrestlemania 6 time in 1990 and WWF was advertising a new special Coliseum Video so I asked her if she was going to get the new WWF Supertape Vol.1 in and she said she probably will and she'll let Me know if she does. Well, sometime after that there's a knock on the door of Our old house and it's VERNA and she says Brandon, I got you your WWF Supertape Vol.1 in stock (writing this nice day is bringing tears to My eyes in joy as I speak) and here it is :o She said keep it for free and as long as you like, just have your Grandma MiMi bring it back when you are done with it. I was so happy. I wanted to see the main event so bad which was "The Immortal Hulk Hogan" & Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake vs. "The Macho" King" Randy Savage & "The Human Wrecking Machine" Zeus with "Sensational Queen" Sherri in a Steel Cage :batshock: :smgasp: :wwshock: I have never forgotten this grand moment of Mine. I mean she completely had her on & in her mind, went out of her way and drove down from her location to Our's to do this :) :( I mean this was so special and who else does that, I mean really who does that...you will not find anybody in this pathetic day & age that will :roll: This was sure during the days when people was nice that you could actually have a long face-to-face conversation with instead of this hurry up get on with the point so I can write one sentence & tweet two words on social media about stupid bum-steer :x Gosh I miss those times and see if there is anyone around anywhere that would do something like Verna, I don't think they make'em anymore like her and what a darn shame cause the world could really use people like her :( Here is a DVD cover reminiscent of the the VHS cover of WWF Supertape Vol.1, if you never seen it then darn it's a classic as it spawned a few sequels too :!:

Mr T's - Supertape Vol. 1 1990 :!:

She made all of Our days good. She made My Grandpa PoPo's day by getting WWF Wrestlemania 6 in and she also made MiMi's day when she got in Cornell Wilde's 1965 classic Naked Prey. I remember she said how hard it was for Her to get it in-stock to rent but she really liked My Grandma so she did it for Her :)

Mr T's - Hulk Hogan Picture: Long story short, back in 1989, Verna went to Las Vegas, Nevada to an event and she met Hulk Hogan. She was a bit of a wrestling fan but she wasn't all that thrilled about him, I think she was disappointed...I don't recall the whole story sadly but what I do recall is she said hey Brandon, you want this picture and I was like oh heck yeah so it was Mine and it's still hanging on My wall and when I look at it I always think of Verna :)

My WWF Coliseum Video Poster: I have showed this before, it's one of My most prized items of all. Verna came to Our newer house and gave Me this really nice WWF Coliseum Video Poster. I remember how euphoric I was about it. It's on My door right next to My Hogan picture She gave Me. I look at everyday and reminisce the great time it was of Verna & Mr. T's :)

NOTE: The WWF Stamps & Bret Hart Bookmark surrounding the Poster is from Star Video in 1993 which is 30 years ago this year :!:

BONUS Mr T's Collection Pic: Oh yes, that is great. visit My Odds & Ends to see My whole Mr. T's Collection. I am so grateful that I have all of this great stuff from Verna of Mr. T's :)

Mr T's 1st & 2nd Locations + Comic Shop: Oh here we go. As I mentioned before. She had two locations which both were on Morgan Ford Road. Now follow Me here. See in the first pic on the left where the fence is, her first building was there. It was square & red. After she left it, it was unoccupied for years, possibly close to 2 decades or so with nobody taken it over or taking care of it, why and how I have no clue. It was a total waste and nothing replaced it since they/whomever took it down in the 2000s. Now look on the right, her second building was the one with the OPEN sign but more on that in sec. As I said she was shared with a Comic Shop. See were the St. Louis Arch & air conditioner is :?: That was the Comic Shop, I don't recall it's name but I do remember that guy that owned it, he looked like Jim Henson. It was really cool going there I mean coming from school across the street & going to the Comic Shop & Mr. T's I mean you can't get much better than that let Me tell'ya :) MiMi got Me a few memorable things there too including a special Three Stooges Calendar & Life of Curly Book but she also got Me a special Dick Tracy 1990 Movie Topps Trading Card Set there as well, I plan to showcase all of this and much more later on down the line as it's all quite special to Me. I didn't want his little shop to be forgotten either, I have no idea what's there now :roll: So now going back to Mr. T's, again she's the second building with the OPEN sign. Just imagine opening the door and seeing new released films right there...oh it was so fun and so was she ;) Unfortunately she went out of business for unknown reasons in 1991 and We lost contact with her altogether :roll: We were always a faithful customer of her's as you can tell. We gave her good business for years. Such a shame We lost contact with her :roll: After she left foreigners started taking over the whole region of Bevo Mill and they renamed the place Al-Hudah. I'm like was it really necessary for this...did We need this :? :roll: Its been like that for decades now but Al-Hudah went out of business sometime ago, I'm not sure when probably about 2010, possibly a bit before. So for a long time I have been reminiscing about her and having been wondering about how she is I mean she's really been strong in My mind for a long while now. She must be My Grandma MiMi's age like in her late 70s or early 80s that's if she's still around which I hope she is :( I look at My WWF Coliseum Video Poster that I just showed above, all of My VHS Tapes and especially think of her special trip to Our old house bringing Me WWF Supertape 90 as a special gift of sorts..I mean you get stuff like this and you had somebody do something special like this in your life how can you not...I mean really if you don't then something's very wrong there but I hope she's still around, possibly thinks of Us now and then cause I miss her and all those times at Verna's Mr. T's Video Rental and there was only one and and I'm probably the only one that ever thinks about Her, remembers Her or even knows about Verna's Mr. T's and while that is as pathetic as you can get, I am quite grateful to have known Her and never ever letting her fall into this oblivious state of nature that is this current androgynous pathetic era :!:

Verna's Mr. T's 1 & 2 - 1.jpg

Here is My first actual installments because these were My FIRST official Wrestling tapes in the sleeve (My Grandma used the 2 VCR Gold head trick and got Me tons of'em that way for a long while before). She got these for Me not too long after We moved in Our new house in 1990 at the Schnucks on Iron & Grand. That was a great store, We'd take turns of that one & National. I distinctly remember how cool this was. They had a great Video Club there and We joined it. There was 1990's Total Recall, Darkman, Dick Tracy, Arachnophobia & Gremlins 2 all together to buy and she got Me them as well. Around the corner of the movies for sale there was a large wrestling display with 3 wrestling tapes there, it was like it as just for Me. I was just in awe about it, I said to her I need these and she got'em for Me. I was the most happiest 9 year old youngster in the building I'm sure. The three tapes was in a set of 6 (they never had the Macho Man, Andre the Giant & Rock 'n' Roll Rumble with TMD & JYD nor have I ever seen them in person, only online) in a line called The World's Greatest Wrestling Series. It had nothing to do with the WWF nor the AWA, NWA/WCW, it was all basically in the days when independent contracts was still a thing during the early 80s. These were some of My first looks in live action of "The King" Jerry Lawler & The Rock 'n' Roll Express and even features Randy Savage & Lanny Poffo as a tag team and Hulk Hogan's debut match as Terry "The Hulk" Boulder which was so cool cause I really never seen "The Hulkser" young like that besides Rocky III and his Japan tenure via wrestling magazines. It's presented by Terry Clanton. I had always seen'em in the books but not on TV. These tapes were wondrous for them youngsters & elders alike that wanted to see outside of WWF & WCW. Look at these boxes that has such great art on them, to this day they are still one of the best I have ever seen :!:

Look at the matches that these have, they were unbelievable back then cause many people didn't know that they happen, click the pic in a new tab, like most of My pics its huge and you can read it very close :o

Here is the VHS example, look at the Copyright of 1989 :batsmile:

So I have talked about Schnucks on Iron & Grand for a long time, well I have decided to finally present where it used to be. Here is the street sign and the entry/drive way :)

Here is a closer look at it in recent times. After this Schnucks moved on Loughborough & after Schnucks took-over National that became Our main grocery store but on occasions We'd go to the ones on Hampton, South Grand & Arsenal (the latter was/is My fave) and would remain until the destruction of the location (see My recent B-day Recent Acquirements for more on that) which the others would be Ours then plus We'd go to Save A Lot as much as well as Shop 'N Save (they went under and taken-over by Schnucks thanks to the P!amDemi!) across the street from where National was on Kingshighway & Chippewa. So back to Iron Street, after Schnucks moved on, a new store moved in called Holly Hills Market Place (possibly look for a special on that in My Odds & Ends) but as good & fancy as they were they went out of business sometime later (I don't know when cause We didn't shop there often if much at all) then years later architects split the building up and a Family Dollar & Planet Fitness was placed in (I got a bit at that FD). Like the Family Dollar next to Big Lots! & Burlington Coat Factory (where Venture once was in the 80s & 90s), it was replaced by a Dollar General (like Walmart they were only in the counties now their coming in and taking over stuff in the city) and thanks to the PlamDemic! Planet Fitness is no longer there (I went there a lot). It's so amazing how stuff like this changes :roll: So back to how it used to be back in the better times of the early 90s. As you read above I'd get a lot of movies over there include Suburban Commando later in early 92 but this place also just didn't have movies oh no, they had video games over there too to rent as well like Our other places like Movie King & Star Video (see My great Glory Days of Video Rentals in My Odds & Ends for all that great history & more) and this location was where My Grandma rented Me the SNES for Easter in 1992 which is the very first time I ever played it and they had some great games to chose from such as Konami's Contra III & Super Castlevania IV and others such as Capcom's Street fighter II (I just played the arcade mere months prior at Crestwood Bowl with My Mom & her Boyfriend Kevin!) and this all was such great times :) This location had a great newsstand as well which I got a lot of WWF, Batman, Mad & Cracked Magazines and oh gosh I loved those Banquet Western TV Dinners with those BBQ Beans and them delicious TMNT 2: TSOTO Fruit Pies :!: One day I didn't go with My Grandma in the Fall or Winter of 91 or 92, while she was there checking out, a very large & mature Buck Deer with Antlers came busting through the glass of the front windows and ran all over the store and he finally went out the way he came. It was all over the news channels like Fox 2, KMOV 4, KSDK 5, KPLR 11 & ABC 12. It was really incredible seeing that on film, I really regretted not going with her that day cause that was AWESOME :!:

So here is another fond memory I have and I think of it quite often. It wasn't long after We moved in to Our new home oh about October Halloween Time to Early November. I went out with My Mom & her boyfriend Jasper to his friends apartment Mary & Bart on a Saturday. I didn't know them. I thought I was going to be bored but come to find out they had two sons, both were older than Me (I was 9 going on 10) which they were teenagers but they were good kids. I don't recall them having any action figures but wow, they had a huge, I mean a HUGE WWF Magazine collection, many that I wanted cause I missed out on'em as I first started collecting them near around WM6 time. I mean they had the ones with Demolition, Miss Elizabeth, Ted Dibiase, Andre the Giant, "King Hacksaw" Jim Duggan & Jake "the Snake" Roberts plus many, many others. I was truly astounded not only by the amount of magazines they had but that they actually had an interest in Wrestling cause only 1 kid at School was a fan which was Chris (its really pathetic when you know dozens of kids and only 1 likes your same passion :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So this was quite huge for Me and not for one second was I bored. While the adults/Parents were having their time (I have no clue what they were doing, probably Trivia) We talked about WWF for hours literally :batsmile: :wwlol: :smgasp: I think We talked a bit about WCW but they didn't know it very well compared to WWF. So Our time up cause it was getting late, before you know it was about 3:00 AM which We got there around 7:00 PM or so. I didn't want to leave. So My Mom & Jasper needed to get stuff at a grocery store and We're next to Schnucks on Iron and keep in mind it's after 3:00 AM and kids should be in bed right :? Well I wasn't a normal kid, I loved staying up late and watching horror movies as you well know ;)

So We're there and I don't recall what they needed but I as a kid that had stuff on his mind I needed something, something that was kinda important to Me. My WWF Magazine Subscription had ran out due to us moving. I didn't want miss out on any editions. I went to the newsstands and they had not only the October but also the November 1990 WWF Magazines there and I told My Mom about My story and asked her if she could get Me them and she did :) I was quite happy that late night/early morning. It was about 4:00 AM when We came home, My Grandparents were already sleeping in bed. That following Afternoon/Evening I found out that My cousin Karen and her kids came over while I was out and My Grandma showed them My NES cause they didn't have one, I was kinda bummed about that cause I would have loved to show them Myself. I never really saw them much, I only recall them coming over to the good old house and Me playing with My Go-Bots & Rock Lords with'em on the patio table in Our big backyard and watching Me impersonate Daffy Duck with a Cig in that one War Cartoon. They weren't that fun and hardly ever called and basically disconnected with Us as a Family for decades now and it's still like that to this very moment which I really despise how people are and how things have become :roll: :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: So with that being said I quit being bummed about it because I realized I had a great night that nite which I would have never had that wonderful time if I would have stayed home as I met two older good boys who loved wrestling as much as I do and saw such a massive WWF Wrestling Magazine collection and I went to Schnucks on Iron Street and My Mom got the 2 WWF Magazines that I needed & wanted. I have always loved these as the newly contracted Legion of Doom and the WWF Champion The Ultimate Warrior was on the covers, you couldn't ask for anything more than something like this :)

So here is a very special one that I have. My Grandparents got Me all the Beetljuice figures & VHS & E.T. VHS from Ben Franklin's & Televideo as well that I have already showcased as well as NWA Great American Bash 88: The Price for Freedom VHS from Verna's Mr. T's seen above for Our first Christmas in Our new house in 1990 plus My Mom got Me a lot too including many of the NES games that I showcased including Punch-Out & Mad Max, she would also get Me this as I quote on this previously seen entry:
BrandonDaCollector wrote:
Now this is also a special entry. My Mom got Me this Classic WWF Card Collection from her Sears Wish Book! Every year her & My Grandma would let Me look at it and see if there was anything I wanted for Christmas and sure enough there was and I got it. It's a really cool set of some of the the WWF 1990/1991 roster :!:

She got Me a great Hulk Hogan AWA VHS Tape but before I get to it here is an IMPORTANT STORY THAT HAS ALWAYS STUCK WITH ME A classmate & friend named Jacob lived right down the street from Me and I'd just walk down to his house and vise versa. One day after Christmas I wanted to show him and his little brother Nathan My new tape and tell that the story of it and how I got it. They said that their father doesn't allow them to watch wrestling or anything like that. I was like what a darn bummer that is so that was yet more kids from school that wasn't a wrestling fan, so pathetic and My effort of bringing My new wrestling tape was a waste of time :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Not too long after that they came over to Our home and we were sitting on the floor in front of the TV We just got a while back playing Konami's Bayou Billy on My NES which was one of My fave games of the time. Just out of the blue and out of nowhere Nathan attacks Me, get's Me down and chokes Me with much force, I didn't know what the hell was going on. He's younger & smaller than Me yet when your not expecting it, it doesn't matter :o My Grandma came in and helped Me and broke it up I mean he went absolutely nuts with no sign of it coming :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh: Then a bit later at school we're inline waiting to get in the building either when I first get there or after recess/lunch/whatever, Jacob is right behind Me and I asked him why his brother did that too Me, there was no answer as he side-punched Me and had some kind of weird@$$ grin on his face. That really hurt physically but more emotionally cause I didn't know what the f%$# his problem was. My Mom said maybe that's why their Dad didn't allow them to watch wrestling. Well I never knew and Our friendship was ended over something I don't WTF about :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: A few years later in 94 I got bad sick and My childhood was over. In 95 I got well and My looks totally changed, I didn't look like the old Brandon at school from years prior anymore. So it was the very late 90s probably 98 or 99. I rode My great Dyno Bike that My Grandpa PoPo got Me from his Bike Shop in early 1991 up to the end of the alley like I always rode. I saw Jacob in his yard cause long ago I'd walk up the alley and go to his house that way as well and while he's having the teenage years I couldn't I yelled at him saying "hey Jacob, remember Me :?: I'm the kid you hit in the back years ago" and I rode off leaving him boggled :batconfused: :wwlol: :smgrin: He didn't recognize Me or anything. See people like him don't second think things nor do they care to while people like Me don't forget crap like that and you just don't do $h!t like that to Me and get away with it cause you may not give it a second thought and be like that was a decade ago but it seemed like last week TO ME :batrage: So with that out of the way now. I saw this great looking blue & yellow with Hulk Hogan on the box in the Sears Wish Book and My Mom got it for Me :) This special AWA Tape has some great matches of Hulk Hogan and it's presented by Eric Bischoff way before his WCW executive time. I love the match with Hogan tagging up with Andre. I have always loved the look of this truly special tape. Look at the Copyright of 1990 :batsmile:

So it was sometime in around 1993 so about thirty years ago this year. I was with My Grandma making the rounds and checking out Our great local Blockbuster. On their shelf they had a VHS tape I had never seen there before nor anywhere else and it was for sale. I really liked the looks of it so She got Me WWF Even More Unusual Matches. It has one of Bruno Sammartino's last matches, Lanny Poffo in Knight's Armor and the infamous match where "The Hulkster" injured "The King" Harley Race :o It has the old stylish VHS case that opens up which I really loved these kind. Take a gander at this classic as well as the VHS Tape itself :)

Now as I said I never seen it there before, We rented all of their wrestling tapes previously. I believe that this was a secondhand shipment and was placed there either by mistake or they just wanted to sell it cause there was no Blockbuster stickers of any kind there, instead there was one of Screenplay Video in 80th & Wadsworth Arvada Colorado which to this day I never knew them. Even though I didn't, I didn't want them to be forgotten as well cause unfortunately I'm sure there's people there that gives a rat's@$$ about them or doesn't even know about them so if somebody from that area is actually seeing this and knows of this Movie Rental joint and is like Me that you don't want them to fall to oblivion in this limbolic androgynous day & age then give Me a holla, I would really appreciate that :)

So along with that I also got WWF SummerSlam 90, it's one of My favorite SummerSlams. In around middle/late July, I got a WWF Magazine which was the August 1990 edition hyping up SummerSlam 90. I remember going down the street to My Grandpa's bike shop and showing it to him and telling him about Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake's horrendous accident and him being replaced by "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich. While PoPo was sad about Beefcake, he was glad about Kerry cause he loved him and glad that he won as well. This event IMO was one of the best of the entire decade. The box is still big like the other one but lacks the case option however it feels really smooth & nice kinda like the WWF Magazines. I have always loved the Front, Back & Side Covers of the match ups and all that great stuff :)

Here is the VHS Tape itself as well as the lovely classic Blockbuster Video Labels & 1990 Copyright :!: I have always loved the quality of Coliseum Video. The old/vintage WWF Magazines & Videos were really My fave to get back during these good times and IMO really were the best you could get regardless of genre, if they weren't tell Me otherwise :batsmile:

So here is a quote from Me in My Glory Days of Video Rentals, if you ever checked it do so in My Odds & Ends, it's such a terrific showcase that I made and it one of My most imperative to witness because of all the history :!:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So here is where Our usual Blockbuster was. Its in the area I showed you earlier across the street from the Unknown Video Place, Zito's Pizza & Walgreens. Thanks to Red Box across the street on Walgreens' lot and in general, Netflix and the coming of the digital age Blockbuster went out of business and the times We once knew was coming to end :x Many years later in 2014 a Marco's Pizza & Family Video years later moved in the said Blockbuster Video building where you could order your Pizza, Sandwiches & more and rent movies and the Pizza Dude/Dudette would BRING YOU YOUR RENTALS as well, how can you go wrong with that :?: :batsmile: Apparently you could because a few of years ago Marco's went out due to all of the Pizza joints around town and just very recently with the help of the P!3Demic and of course good'ol Redbox, Family Video went out of business. I mean they looked great, really impressive, it was the past meets the future but this day & age just doesn't allow the cool things to happen whether their from the past or not because TPTB and the conditioned plebeians just won't have it and it makes Me sick :batrage:

So now in the great year of 1995 My Grandma won Me 2 great WWF Wrestling Tapes from the Missouri Lottery Scratch-offs over at Schnucks on Loughborough over a decade before the destruction :o She was really lucky back then with Scratchers. These 2 great tapes are WWF Wrestling Superheroes & WWF Greatest Hits. Here is the cool VHS Boxes :batsmile:

Here is the Back of the Boxes with the matches and more, look how classic that is :)

Here is a look at the VHS Tapes themselves plus the 1990 & 1991 Copyrights, I love it :batsmile:

Now in the early to early mid 2000s I got WWF SummerSlam 92 & Survivor Series 93 in their newer relocated video department in the last days of not only the department but also the store itself. I saw'em and I'm like gosh, I gotta buy'em and so I did. The Boxes weren't in great shape but they were ok for Me especially for the prices I got them for, I'm not that picky when it comes to things that were used and being acceptable. I have always loved these covers and how they felt. The big box look was gone by 92 but these still looked good especially the Coliseum Video Logo Tear that was a trend for them for a while. If you have really followed Me on the board then you know that SummerSlam 92 is My favorite one. WWF Survivor Series 93 is also one of the best ones also, like the year, it's extremely underrated & unappreciated but thank goodness I have come to realize that :)

Here is the Back of the Boxes and notice the $2.49 prices, can't beat that :)

Here is the VHS Tapes and the Copyrights of Evart Enterprises 1992 & 1993, amazing this WWF SummerSlam 92 was over 30 years last year and this WWF Survivor Series 93 was 30 years ago this year :o Notice the Schnucks Video Club Stickers there. Now there is one astonishing thing there and in My view it's so imperative & crucial to My mission. The one Sticker there says National Video Library. What this means is that this VHS Tape was actually part of National, THE SAME NATIONAL that I have been talking about off & on for quite some time and showcased as best as I could in My Vintage Action Figure Topic :shock: They used to have a cool video library way back when and We rented many movies there and I especially recall this special & superb Three Stooges documentary that was hosted by the late great Steve Allen that My Grandma rented Me back in 89/90. Now how is this possible you may ask :?: I have explained it all before, it's possible because Schnucks bought them, took over their stores. Like Vinnie Mac did to WCW, they wiped out there competition and either moved in their buildings or let some other lesser company move in...it was really fruit because they just let them fall to oblivion :roll: In My Vintage I explained how much I loved National and it was My favorite grocery store to go to. It's always been a big part of My life :)

Around that time period, possibly even the same day I also got this really cool b]WWF Ultimate Warrior VHS[/b] as well. There's no way in friggin' heck I'd pass that up :batsmile: Look at the Front & Back Covers, so awesome :!:

Here is the VHS & Copyright of 1992 when The Ultimate Warrior returned :batsmile:

Here is the Schnucks Video Club Label :!:

Now here is the Schnucks on Loughborough in recent times. I explained the whole thing in My Recent Acquirements for My B-Day, here is an edited quote from Me

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Before I began I just want to say Our local BK is in the Loughborough Commons area. I have talked about some of this before. The same place Our cool Schnucks used to be. Well the braniac corporate heads of this whole region decided to tear it down and EVEN PEOPLE HOMES to make a new plaza in 2007, oh it was devastating for the people that lived there, it as all over the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and elsewhere :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: So come 2008 it was all opened with even more on the way. Me & Mom went to that BK a lot for years and some at the Lowes as well which this years marks the 15th anniversary of that era :shock: Here is the newer Schnucks, My Grandma really disliked it back when We were doing Our rounds, things just wasn't the same I mean every isle was messed up & uncategorized and they got rid of the all of the vending machines, if your a Capricorn like Us then you know YOU HATE CHANGE :!:

So this last one of this presentation part 1, the WWF Most Unusual Matches Ever VHS. One day about 1997 My Grandparents were going to a local Pawn Shop because money was really becoming an issue for them/Us because of personal problems (it was really an awful time that should have never happen, much had to do with My Grandpa's stinkin' Family I mentioned in My Great Cousin "Uncle Buck" Mike's VHS WM7 PPV VHS Tape showcase that he gave Me earlier) and that one day they surprised Me with this great VHS tape. I was pretty excited about it. I had seen all of the matches before when they originally occurred which was on programs & events such as WWF Monday Night Raw 93 & WWF Survivor Series 93. It has a really great Front & Back Covers :batsmile:

Here is the actual VHS Tape by GoodTimes. I have talked a lot about them and just recently in My Vintage Action Figure & Video Game Topics. GoodTimes Home Video (remember this great company :?: They were like your top VHS company that had rare cartoons, movies and even wrestling events/matches that hardly ever was on TV and basically lost to the public long before YT was even a thought. Unfortunately because of the rise of DVD and numerous independent companies getting access to archives & the Net that would spawn today's digital age, they sadly filed for bankruptcy and went under in 2005 :roll: Notice the 1994 Copyright :!:

Here is closeup of the Men on a Mission Doinks literally squashing "The Beast of the East" Bam Bam Bigelow when "the big man" wrestler was such a great thing back then in the super funny WWF Survivor Series 93 bout. My Grandpa loved that one, it's one of My favorites of all-time, there has never been a match of this hilarious magnitude since :batlol: :wwlol: :smlol: Notice the Titan Sports & GoodTimes Copyright of 1994 :!:

Now I don't know what the Pawn Shop's name was even though I had been there multiple times (My Grandma got Me the King Kong Lives VHS there and some other cool stuff) and during these times when I was a youngster I didn't really understand what the place was, it just looked like another cool shop to My young eyes back then. It was on Grand close to Our great old house. It was a lovely area during this period of time as well. It shared a whole bunch of businesses with it in a huge complex that I previously showcased as it had Domino's Pizza, Woolworth location #1 & Paramount Drugs. Judy's first store was around the corner, it was so fun back then. You can see the entire showcase of Paramount Drugs and the whole history + much more in My Odds & Ends here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post43471.html?hilit=Paramount#p43471

Tower Grove Park is on the far right, it's one of the largest parks in the country. From the old house, My Grandpa would carry Me on his big shoulders all the way to the playground, oh I loved him so much and it was always so fun when We'd go there :) Paramount Drugs was on the right, I loved going under that roof to their door and getting their comics while waiting for Our Prescriptions and they would even deliver for Us too till they went under in about 92, they were the best yet nobody ever talks about them in My area but Me and I really despise that :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Domino's was near the center. Woolworth Location #1 was in the huge grayish building section there (soon I am going to do a major Woolworth showcase in My Vintage Action Figure Topic so be on the look out for that, you don't want to miss it!) and the Pawn Shop was at the end of the gray foundation. Here is a recent pic of the area :batsmile:

So that will conclude Part 1 of this 5 Part Vintage & Classic Wrestling VHS & DVD showcase. I hope you liked it and were surprised. If your just now seeing this then that means you missed the whole thing, scroll up to the beginning as you don't want to miss a moment of this presentation. Next will be Part 2 which will be superb, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: VHS COLLECTION PART 2!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:15 am

So here we go with Part 2 of My Vintage Wrestling VHS & DVD collection. This update will be quite different compared to the first one. If you missed that then I suggest you see that first cause it's a great one :) I was with My Mom at Our Best Buy in Crestwood when she got Me these. Without further delay here we go :!:

Here is My WWF Diesel, Undertaker & Slamfest VHS Tapes. These were some of the last ones ever released by Coliseum Video as the classic era was ending and was forced to retire. I saw these saw in Best Buy's sports section and had to have'em sometime in 1996 when it was a dandy time going to a store and getting wrestling tapes, movies, soundtracks & scores & video games. You cannot have times that was this cool like this anymore cause this pathetic androgynous era just doesn't allow it :roll: Here is the Front Covers that has some great pictures with the bonus Top Secret Codes & Strategies for Acclaim Video Games on the right side there, Gosh I miss those days when you'd get a WWF Video and you had that fun Video Game content on there with Todd Pettengill :)

Here is the Back Covers with all of the match-ups on there. I just love looking at pictures of the WWF New Generation, these that's on here enhances how colorfully vivid and fun it was back then. There is many great Diesel ones including him facing King Kong Bundy, The Undertaker faces himself in a mirror match of sorts from WWF SummerSlam 94 and on the Slamfest is a match with HBK & Diesel vs. Razor Ramon & The 123 Kid prior to their "Kliq Reveal" in the great year of 1995 which was quite a big deal then :!: Oh man check how great these look :batsmile:

Here is the The Undertaker & Slamfest VHS Tapes with the Copyright of 1995 :!:

Now the Diesel VHS Tape is quite different compared to the others cause this one actually included WWF Stickers :? To My big surprise I wasn't expecting these within the VHS Sleeve because nowhere on it did it say about "Free WWF Stickers" and boy was this a nice surprise too :o

As you can tell I never used these WWF Stickers as I always wanted to keep them within My Diesel Box and always reminiscent when I first got it :batsmile: There's four of'em and they consist of a good roster with Bret "Hitman" Hart, "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel, "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon & "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels. Their pretty good pics of them guys. The Stickers are of the Fasson brand by Avery :)

Here is the Boxes' Copyrights of 1995. Now the thing is these were not distributed by Coliseum Video as one might think it was quite obvious...nope :? They were actually distributed by A-Vision Entertainment & WarnerVision Entertainment :shock: It's amazing that the WWF did this cause in 1996 this is when "The Monday Night Wars" truly started (though it really happen with the first WCW Monday Nitro in 1995 but many people don't acknowledge that) and Turner merged with Warner in 1996 :o Always look at your VHS Boxes & DVD Cases, Action Figures & more for company info & Copyright info, I've been saying for the longest time in My showcases that this sort of factor is very crucial and this is only a small example of as to WHY :batsmile:

Here is My really cool WWF VHS 3-Pack. I saw this special set and I just had to have'em as they caught My attention BIG TIME :!: I believe I got these late 1996/early 1997.

I have always loved the WWF New Generation Logo and oh man, especially the Official World Wrestling Federation Logo on just about anything WWF :batsmile:

Here is the WWF 3-Pack Box Set in all of it's splendid colorful glory reminiscent of when I first saw it on Best Buy's shelves with all of those video tapes that was so fun to see, find and buy back then in the 90s :batsmile:

This special WWF 3-Pack Box Set includes In Your House: Greatest Matches, WWF Action Zone & World Tour 96. It's a pretty good selection and kInda clever too. I say clever because IYH was truly the staple PPV event of this great forgotten era, Action Zone was a great weekend TV show that was arguably even better then Superstars though the tape is different from watching an actual episode and World Tour for years was Coliseum Video's trending entry within it's ranks as it shows what the WWF actually meant during these great times that they traveled around the globe when it actually meant something. I've never seen a set like this prior nor since that gave the novice or avid wrestling fan such a fun variety of tremendous WWF excitement :batsmile: Also these too have the fun Top Secret Codes & Strategy Tips from Acclaim Video Games (keep in mind these were some of the last days of SNES & Sega Genesis but it was so cool while it lasted. Gosh I miss it when there was bonus features and you had no idea what it had in store for you until you watched it, There was no going to the web to find stuff out like that but good old fashioned physical media to do the job for you :batsmile:

Here is the Back of the Boxes with all of the matches on there. I loved that they included Goldust's debut match against Mart Jannetty, Undertaker vs. King Mable + Vader & Yokozuna & Ahmed Johnson vs. The New Rockers. Johnson really has a heavy presence on these tapes.

Here is the VHS Tapes out of their sleeves.

Here is the 1996 GoodTimes Copyright. I have already explained their history in Part 1 :!:

Here the 1996 WWF/Titan Sports, Coliseum Video, Evart Enterprises & GoodTimes Copyright on the Boxes :!:

So I got these great WWF Wresting Tapes over at Best Buy in Crestwood. Long ago when they tore down the Drive-Inn I was quite bummed but they built a Best Buy, Borders among other stores there and it was usually fun going there in the mid to late 90s especially since it was right across the street from Crestwood Plaza where AMC Theater, The Pasta House, Sears, K-B and K&K Toys was (I talked about this all recently in My great Groundhog Day Showcase in My Odds & Ends just recently on Groundhog Day as I have a big event there and I plan of posting more of Crestwood in the future!) but for a long time this Best Buy along with Crestwood Plaza is all gone, torn down with nothing but landscape for such a long distance, it's so darn pathetic because I had such good memories there and the whole place makes it seem like it never existed :roll: It pains Me enough about My own local stores that I loved like Verna's Mr. T's & Judy's Superstore as a brief example that hardly anybody recalls them from previous generations much less this generation even knows about (that's why it's so crucial for parents & guardians to teach their children their history of their local area's past cause nobody else will and because of that, wonderful places & people that was once known will all fall to oblivion and for a long time here on the board I'm trying to prevent that from happening and the thing is places keep on going out of business and often I'm finding out that more & more places that I know from My early years are folding and just the other day I found out that they tore down the building where Walgreens/Hollywood Video was that I showed in My Glory Days of Video Rentals and replaced it with some kind of medical clinic :roll: When I saw this I just cried cause I had so many great times in that said building and now it's gone forever :( The only way you can see it now is through My pictures in My Odds & Ends but soon I'm gonna talk about it even further in My upcoming Marvel Collection Topic because that was one of My most important moments I ever had :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: So back to Best Buy, this was a great store, it arguably was better than the one in South County that I showed in My Odds & Ends for Groundhog Day as it was much bigger and a ton more to choose from hence My Wrestling Tapes seen above. The place felt more epic to be in as well especially during late at night during the Winter. The last time I went there was many years ago around 2008 or so which was 15 years ago this year :o Little did I know that it would no longer exist much less the whole region of Crestwood Plaza :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Surely there's others that recall this out there and I'm not the only one that cares :roll: If there's people out there in My area that doesn't care then as Sting said in 96 they can stick it but if there's people out there in My area that cares and reminiscent about these times then I give them big kudos for that :) I am grateful that I got to experience this great Best Buy and Crestwood Plaza itself because it was so fun and one of the funnest places you could ever go to :batsmile:

So that is that for Part 2 and I hope you enjoyed it :) In the mean time if you missed it go see Part 1 and see/know how this showcase began. Part 3 will come soon, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: VHS COLLECTION PART 3 &

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:40 am

So here is Part 3 of My Vintage Wrestling VHS & DVD Collection. So right off the bat, I showcased Figure's Toy Company and their great Wrestling Superstore a while back when I showcased their tremendous Legends of Professional Wrestling Series as well as a few of their fun Catalogs...

back when I originally showcased them I said about these very videos...well in just a minute your gonna see a few of these great VHS Tapes that My Mom got Me for Christmas in 2000 when she got them said Legends :)

So first is My Pro Wrestling Collector Series of Hulk Hogan. I saw this in the Catalog and want it a lot. There is many matches here that I had never seen before. The quality of the tape is pretty good. Getting this however in 2000 was a bit awkward and and kinda of a struggle because of how Hogan was then in the 80s and the Attitude Era happen and he turned heel and caused so much turmoil, it's like what the heck happen between these eras :? The Box Front & Back is really nice looking and looks quite 80s Vintage even though it came out in 1998 which was 25 years ago this year :shock:

Here is the VHS Tape itself along with the 1998 Lebovision/DMN :)

Now here is My Abdullah the Butcher VHS Tapes, I really, really wanted these because I was going through a "hardcore" craze hence My recent showcases of OSTM's ECW & FTC's Legends I mean it was 2000 and even though it was the last true days of wrestling was great in hardcore matches I was loving it. I always wanted Abdullah the Butcher back on the scene since his brief times in WCW & ECW in the early 90s but it never happen so when I saw these Tapes in My Catalog I wanted them and boy were they good. I was bummed cause they goofed with one match wasn't on there as advertised which I never knew what why that was but it wasn't a huge deal. There is a ton of stuff there I never had seen before and it was always a treat to watch. I love those pictures of him on the Back & Front Covers :batsmile: :wwshock: :smsmh:

Here is the VHS Tapes themselves with the E.G. Productions of Puerto Rico :!:

Ah, now here is the two that is arguably My fave of the bunch which I wanted these big time which are My WWC VHS Tapes :shock: These two are Anniversario 90 & Bloody, Bloody Matches of the Caribbean Vol. 2. I have always loved the extreme style of wrestling and loved World Wrestling Council/WWC (owned by Carlos Colon & Gorilla Monsoon at the time and really I found it the funnest wrestling federation to watch. Anniversario was their version of WWF's Wrestlemania which in their own right was pretty big shows. Even though they had/still have a major partnership with WWF/WWE, they got the rights to use RoboCop right after WCW did promoting the great sequel to RoboCop which was RoboCop 2 in the great said year of 1990. In fact i think he worked out better here than in WCW. Also Abdullah the Butcher fought the "The Human Wrecking Machine" Zeus in a very surprising match up in Lister's last appearance as the No Holds Barred/WWF character. Plus the Carlos Colon, TNT, Fabulous Rougeaus, Scott Hall and more. Now the BBMOTC is basically a compilation of great bouts that featured Abdullah the Butcher vs. The Giant Warrior in a very different match, Jason the Terrible vs. Carlos Colon in a Barred-Wire Main Event and even the commentates Ricky Santana & "Dirty" Dick Slater has their matches :shock: This is really cool and I have always loved these :batsmile:

Here is the VHS Tapes themselves. Like the Abdullah the Butcher ones, they are from E.G. Productions of Isla Verde Puerto Rico :!:

Here is the info of Capital Sports Promotions (similar like what Titan Sports was for the WWF) and the 1992 Copyright which was over thirty years ago already :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: VHS COLLECTION PART 3 &

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:41 am

So Part 3 is going to be a bit different so here we go. The following ones here I believe I got at...

I posted the logo above cause I am surprised that they are still in business as of this writing :? I mean that they haven't been taken over by Amazon or just went defunct. I used to buy from them off and on back in the 2000s when they were a new & hot store when I was looking for optional ways to get movies. I haven't bought from them in well over a decade so again I wanted to post their logo above in case they become no-more, I want them to still thrive of course :)

NOTE: As always click the pics in a new tab as they are huge to see all the great detail :batsmile:

So first up is My ECW Extreme Revolution & Mexican Mayhem Volume One VHS Tapes. I saw these and I just had to have'em. ECW was like gone, times were changing and while it was ok I wasn't a fan some of it. Extreme wrestling was fading out and just wasn't the same even though it wasn't that long ago in this time period. I never had an ECW Tape before so this was pretty cool cause at the time they were quite hard to find or at least they were in My area. The tape is a tremendous one. Basically the same thing goes for the Mexican one too. Notice on the front of the VHS Box it says with the logo "As Seen in WOW...this is the same WOW that I showcased not that long ago within this very topic of Mine and IMO it was arguably the best wrestling magazine you could ever get next to the WWF & WCW magazines. Sadly, as I expressed within that showcase I talked about how they went under in around the time WCW & ECW did which is IMO is a major coincidence cause there was a lot of competition that was eliminated there if you catch My drift :shock:

Here is the back of the boxes. The MM is quite decent and has a big amount of iconic matches from 1995 & 1996 featuring Koannan, Halloween, Ultraman 2000, Rey Mysterio & Psychosis, Damian 666, Leon Negro, Cholo Garcia and more all in hardcore, steel cage, barbed-wire action :o However the ECW special is really satisfying cause it has the majority of your main guys & matches here and in fact this tape may be the most golden ever to be released cause it was RVD vs. Jerry Lynn, The Dudleys vs. Balls Mahoney & Spike Dudley, Sabu vs. Taz but most of all and My favorite is Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka in one of the greatest wrestling feuds of ever, of all-time :!: I mean I thought it then and I still do, buying the tape just for that match was worth it :batwink:

Here is the actual VHS Tapes themselves. I always found it cool that the MM VHS was blood red but weird cause it has no label :?

Here is the an extended look at the ECW Copyright a long with a close up of "The Queen of Extreme" Francine. I always liked her and thought she was something else. Nobody ever talks about her nowadays :roll:

So the following special Set I got at either Best Buy in South County or in Crestwood, I cannot be too sure about it.. I have just recently talked about these within this topic as well as in My Odds & Ends :batwink:

Like how much I was euphoric for My special WWF VHS 3-Pack that I just showcased in Part 2, I saw this double VHS Pack of the Glory Days of Wrestling and I had to have it as it was history even then in the early 2000s :batsmile: This really nice VHS 2-Pack has one volume titled Greatest Wrestlers and the other is called Greatest Matches. It features true legends like Johnny Valentine, Haystacks Calhoun, Friz Von Erich, Killer Kowalski, Gorgeous George, The Kangaroos and many, many others. The set is really a great one. Here is a great look at it's entirety :)

Here is the 2 VHS Tapes out of the cool 2-Pack Display Box :)

Here is the actual VHS Tapes and the United American Video/UAV & Sterling 1991 Copyright :batsmile:

So that will do it for Part 4, Part 5 will be coming soon, it will be a big one and will feature DVDs of classic stuff and the major thing is it will feature wrestling themed movies and the like, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: VHS COLLECTION PART 5!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:02 am

So here we go with part 5 which is the last & final installment of My Wrestling VHS & DVD collection so let's get to it :batsmile:

Basically continuing where I left off from Part 4 with the classics, here is My first actual DVD within this massive showcase, the Golden Days of Wrestling. This is really a cool one but I cannot recall where I got it. I'm thinking My Grandma got it for Me cheap in one of her flyers or catalogs but I cannot say for sure. It has a ton of great matches with many of the most iconic legends of the great sport including "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers :)

Of course the case has no insert, I'm always bummed about this which I will get into that in time within the showcase :shock: The Disc looks nearly identical to the Case picture. There's the 2009 Matrix Media Copyright :)

So these WWE DVDs of The Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80s & 90s came from Schnucks on Hampton & Gravios way back in the early 2010s. I have yet to open them, I just hadn't got to wanting to, sometimes I'm like that :roll: The 80s edition looks to be more professionally done and looks was more attractive with the Legends Logo on there. The Front & Back Covers look great and I would imagine would grab any major wrestling fan's attention :batwink:

Here is the 2005 & 2009 Copyrights. Look at the blue text, I just love the look of it :batwink:

Here is My local Schnucks on Hampton & Gravois that I have spoke about and just recently showcased them in My special Groundhog Day in My Odds & Ends. It's really an expanded look at it along with Our great local McDonald's :batsmile:

WRESTLING MOVIES & MORE

Any wrestling tape collection wouldn't be complete without at least one Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling :batwink: Well I have two ;) These were such classics in the mid 80s and was really the only cartoon you could watch the was wrestling based even though MOTU characters resembled wrestlers & Sgt. Slaughter was in G.I. Joe. I do not recall where I got them, possibly at Schnucks or Big Lots! I watched the one with the Wrong Stuff a bit but I never did open the other one. Take a gander at the Front & Back Boxes with all of the classic looking Hogan, Andre the Giant, Capt. Lou Albano, Wendi Richter, Junk Yard Dog, Nikolai Volkoff & Iron Sheik :batwink:

Here is a look at one of the VHS Tapes & it's Label :)

Now as you can tell from above via their VHS Sleeves that these are from two different companies from two different eras. The open one is straight from DIC from the late 80s/early 90s despite it says 1985 Titan Sports. The other is of DIC Licencing but this is from 1999 and it's WWF Home Video :? Long before WWE Studios ever came to be :o Remember when I showcased My great WWF Video Tapes in Part 1 & 2 and I said how they were still Coliseum Video but soon when the Attitude Era would arrive it would be no more :?: Well here it is, so much changed that fans & collectors like Me were so used to was all gone and still even though I want the Attitude Era back I so miss the old classic days prior :roll: Here is a comparison of the difference and you can see how much has changed with both of My Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling VHS Tapes and what an era can change whether you want it to or not :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

As I was speaking about above, here is a WWF Coliseum Video & WWF Home Video logo comparison, there is no similarity whatsoever and by the design you can clearly tell that a major amount of time has gone by as another era has come. Really when you compare the two eras when you watch them on video, WWE Network & Peacock it seems like there was a huge gap in between the middle that was missing or like us viewers got into an alternate dimension of something I mean I thought that then and I still think it now. Even though both are considered to be classic by now. The era of Coliseum Video will always be My fave but don't get Me wrong, the Attitude Era had some great times as well and I really liked that logo especially this blue one here :batwink:

Now this is My favorite of wrestling themed films and arguably the biggest & most important part of this huge entire 5-Parter showcase that I have presented thus far :shock: Here is My No Holds Barred & Suburban Commando VHS Tapes :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I have greatly spotlighted them in PB's Movie Trailer Topic a long while back and I have expressed My love for them both deeply. No Holds Barred was such a huge event for Me, 1989 was so great and there will never ever be another massive event like this again mark My words :batsmile: I will never forget when I opened Verna's Mr.T's door and saw the new releases and No Holds Barred was right there looking at Me on her shelf and immediately I picked it up so nobody would before Me cause wrestling was My life then like it is now, I'm sure I was the biggest fan then of it at least in My area. It seemed like there was always problem with people with so much I like and really the same goes for this moment as well that I'm such an outlier :roll: Everybody I knew, kids at school especially I tried get them into it (see in Part 1 when I talked about Jacob, that was so uncalled for and so darn pathetic!) one year I believe in was 91 I got some really nice WWF Valentine Cards and handed to most of the class but handed the special ones to My Girlfriends. I was really bummed either they didn't know about them nor cared to or just didn't like it. I always try to get people into exciting things nobody ever listens to Me and hey, it's tuff-$h!t when this hive-minded & hominginized society finds out how great something is when I already told them so :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Anyway I talked about Verna in Part 1 and featured her greatly in My Glory Days of Movie Rentals, she knew I was a huge wrestling fan and understood it thus is the reason why she was so nice to Me, why I liked her so much and I really miss her :roll: I was unable to see No Holds Barred at the show but seeing the film on tape was awesome and I just loved it. Now only a couple short years later in the cool year of 1991 Suburban Commando was coming out and while it wasn't as big nor hyped like No Holds Barred, it still got plenty of publicity on WWF Prime Time Wrestling and all of WWF's Programming during this year. Unlike No Holds Barred, the film was playing at Our Wehrenberg Kenrick Theater that I showcased in My Vintage Kenner Star Wars in My Vintage Action Figure Topic and I boy-o-boy I wanted My Grandparents to take Me there cause they watched wrestling with Me all the time cause they watched it long before Me as I have said before and knew as much current stuff as I did so they were interested in it too, My Grandpa really got a kick out of it. I was quite happy with the film and I recall it like it was yesterday. There really has been few times since I have had much of a cool time especially when wrestling was involved one way or another. Here's the Front Covers :batsmile: I have always loved the posters I love to feel the boxes as well :batsmile:

Here is the Back Covers and again I love how they look and to feel them :)

Here is the VHS Tapes themselves...

and here is the No Holds Barred 1989 Copyright Label...

as well as the Suburban Commando VHS 1991 & 1992 Copyrights :batwink:

Here is the Side of the Boxes. Columbia always had two different sides which was a cool feature for a display :batwink:

Here is the RCA/Columbia 1989 Copyright as well as the 1991 & 1992 Copyright of New Line Cinema and it tells you that the Soundtrack is available on Rhino CDs...more on that near the climax of this showcase later :shock:

Here is the Columbia Hologram Logo. I always loved these and in fact Columbia was always one of My faves when it came to movies and how they designed their boxes :batwink:

Now here is special look at where at got these. I got them both at Schnucks but at two different locations. I actually got Suburban Commando first over at their location on Iron Street in their cool video bin (see Part 1 for that special) in around late 1991/early 1992. You had to wait for them to put newer releases up for sale and I was impatiently waiting for them to believe you Me :batwink: As one might think I didn't get No Holds Barred from Verna's Mr. T's but the Schnucks on Loughborough which see Part 1 for that too. I got that around 1997...I saw it for sale and I immediately grabbed it, there was no way in Sam "freggin" Hain I was going to let somebody else have it before Me, no way :!: You can clearly see how the Labels differ as they changed their style & emblems over the last several years of time between the two :)

So as times were changing yet again, VHS was going out and their forcing you buy everything over again on DVD (just like they soon did with Blu-ray and even action figures like Hasbro making you re-buy SW figures that has already been made so many times only in a different scale, I find this so ridicules, nothing's ever good enough the first time!) and so at first I was bummed but kinda liked getting stuff again that still seemed kinda new with special features and stuff cause besides with crisper pictures, behind scenes, interviews, Isolated Scores and other unique items on your disc was the purpose why there was the DVD craze right :? Seems like today's society had really been toned down and much of this doesn't even matter any more :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Well since VHS rentals stores were gone (see My great Glory Days of Video Rentals in My Odds & Ends topic for a superb visual journey like you've never seen before) and most department stores considered VHS obsolete in the mid 2000s I had to get DVDs either renting them from Netflix or buying them from the likes of Target or Walmart (I never ever gave in to Red Box I mean their one of the reasons why Blockbuster & Hollywood Video went out of business I mean all of the plebeians that went to it at My Walgreens countless times when there was a nice Blockbuster across the street, thanks so much monkey-seers, monkey-doers :roll:) cause everything I knew was just disappearing as I have noted countless times in My Showcases and elsewhere here on the board. So I built up a cool sized DVD collection come the early 2010s. Hulk Hogan was leaving TNA and suddenly he's in good graces with the WWE getting hyped up to be in WWE 2K14 and their re-releasing No Holds Barred under their recent WWE Studios (the aforementioned above WWF Home Video had ceased for many, many years already) in 2013 so they wasted no time hyping up "The Hulkster's" return and despite it's been about a decade since, they haven't done much with him as I had hoped but many betraying fans gives him hate over something that should have never happen and to make it even worse most of this generation doesn't even know who he is which is so sad that our childhood hero is fading away from this pathetic world :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So it was a total no-brainer for Me to get this new version but also at the same time I couldn't help it and be without his other great movie Suburban Commando that I loved to go along with it so here's the Front Cases of My No Holds Barred & Suburban Commando DVDs :batsmile: While the Cover of SC looks a little similar minus the cool Planet Logo like the VHS Cover, the one for NHB is completely different :shock:

Here is the Back Covers. Both are quite new designs here. The SC version is an original release from the early 2000s that is quite the old school DVD when they used to put extra effort into them including showing the Menu Screen option on the back packaging and something very special that I will get to in a little bit here. The NHB version has followed the trends of visually stunning Cases but seems like your not getting as much as you should which again I will be spotlighting what I mean in a second here cause it's always been a big deal to Me :roll:

So here is the inside of the Case. The DVD looks really good but that's all that's in it and you maybe like yeah, so what or what else do you want :?: Well back in the late 90s & early to mid 2000s they used to have little booklets and even advertisements liked a CD Album or Soundtrack. Sure special deluxe editions & combo packs has stuff like this over the past decade or so but I'm not talking about that, these are regular editions I'm talking about here...

this is what I'm talking about :o The SC DVD has a Screen Selection Booklet with little pictures on there as well as instructions to care for your disc. The Case itself is sturdier/heavier too and IMO you get so much more with this. This is one of the things I miss when companies went the extra mile with stuff. I see so very few people talking/complaining about this if any I mean companies expect everybody to know everything and to think this "less is more" gimmick is fine :roll: Not with Me your not, I'm not following that bum-steer for one darn second :!:

Here is the 1989 & 2012 Copyrights of No Holds Barred and the 1991 & 2004 Copyrights of Suburban Commando. Notice that RCA Columbia has been totally replaced by WWE Studios. They completely got the rights to it :o Here is the cool comparison that I made to show what I mean about in major detail :batwink:

Here is My No Holds Barred & Suburban Commando VHS Tapes & DVDs side-by-side together to show how wonderful they look as a display. I still prefer the VHS Boxes and their designs more however the DVDs are quite neat too :batsmile:

So My next entry is My Mr. Nanny VHS :shock: So Hogan had a deal with New Line Cinema since 89's No Holds Barred. Hogan's Suburban Commando again by New Line. Ted Turner would soon acquire it. Hogan left the WWF in 92, come back a year later in 93 all trimmed up, leave and do the film Mr. Nanny (which sometimes it's like is this really Hulk Hogan :?. You guessed it this was also New Line Cinema but it was also co-produced by Turner Home Entertainment. A year later he made a deal with Turner & WCW. I find it something else how Hogan's movie career led him to dump WWF and lead him to WCW and unlike the people's darling Rock, Hogan didn't ditch wrestling for his movie career, he kept it up at a steady pace for a very long time to come yet how many people ever talk about that and think how great that was :? :roll: Its really astounding to Me even at this very minute thinking & typing about it even though this was 30 years ago this year :o I got the VHS long ago in the 2000s when places still was selling them at super bargain & clearance out prices. I found this at My local Big Lots! I never opened it since and it's basically became a collector's item and reminds Me of what a time 1993 was and how good it was compared to this pathetic androgynous day & age modern era we're in now :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Here is the Front & Back VHS Cover Sleeves which they are pretty cool :)

Here is a closer look at the trimmed downed Hulkster along with the Turner Home Entertainment logo which I have always loved (you can currently see this on the first & current AEW TNT' Championship Plates!) as it always felt nice seeing their movies such as 1995's Mortal Kombat and WCW Events back during these great times of the early to mid 90s. Here is the Big Lots! Price Tag/Sticker of the extremely low price of just $2.99, gosh I miss these days when you could go to a store in person and find cheap surprises like this :)

Here is another look My local Big Lots that I have showcased before on the board. There was a nice Family Dollar that I got My small Hasbro JP/// & Playmates' Terminator Salvation Figures from. Unfortunately they succumbed to the PlamDemic! and was taken over by General Dollar whom like Walmart was a County "exclusive" store there now cause the same thing happen to Our other location as seen in Part 1. This really irks Me :x

NOTE: You can check this special that made a long while back of Big Lots! --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/he-man-the-masters-of-the-universe/my-great-times-big-lots-motuc-edition-t1172.html

So as I have mention before in many of My posts & topics especially in My Vintage Action Figure & Odds & Ends Topics how this area was quite a childhood haven for Me. Look at the pic. There you see Big Lots! & Family Dollar along side Burlington Coat Factory in recent times. Well where BCF is, is where My great beloved Venture was that I have talked & showcased about countless times. Further down there the building with the green trim was once Frank's Crafts & Nursery which I have showcased them fine stores as well. Further down there at the entryway there was a Rail-Road Track thankfully saw before they took it all away. Then down the street is the building where I got My Go-Bots Space Hawk from. Further down the way was where the cool CD Shop was that i showcased in My Modern Wrestling Topic when I showcased My RAC Hogan & Aikman Special and National was down there as well which if you have been following My topics you know how special that grocery store was to Me and Shop 'n Save was around there was well. Going along the way up the street toward the left is where I had tons of great times over at McDonalds & White Castle. I'm so thankful that I knew this great Kingshighway/South Town region as a kid, it was one of the funnest places to be as a child and I'm so glad I can tell all about it as I speak. It's still cool over there yes but it can't beat the 80s & 90s and I hope there's others out there besides Me that can tell a similar story if not the same :batsmile:

If your a wrestling fan and love "Hot Rod - Rowdy" Roddy Piper you gotta have at least one film of his in your collection. I have the 1988 They Live VHS and I saw it over at the Schnucks on Loughborough and I had to get it. Now this isn't My favorite John Carpenter movie which that is 1986's Big Trouble in Little China, in fact it;s one of My favorites of all-time. This film is quite a great dark one that everybody must see for a truthful purpose. Piper said it best, it's actually a documentary :? :shock:
Spoiler:
Rowdy Piper They Live Documentary.jpg
It's unbelievable that he tweeted that 10 years ago THIS YEAR :o :shock: If you don't know what he means then your still under a very soft disclosure. The way TPTB is and the way today's day & age is should really give you the hint. The likes of CNN, History Channel is mostly woke, there's a ton hard disclosure on TY...if you've already been truly awaken then you know what's really going in this world, if you haven't then you still have a choice to keep taking the blue pill, if you have doubts/know about the red pill but don't believe Me & Piper and you find out the truth later don't say We didn't warn you :batshock: :wwwink: :smwink:

So here is the Front & Back of the VHS Box. It's hard to believe this year marks They Live's 35th Anniversary :o

Here's the VHS Tape's 1989 Copyright Label which is when the tape was released. Here's the Schnucks Video Club Sticker as well :)

Now My final entry in this extravaganza is none other than My 1999 Universal Soldier 2: The Return VHS. I recall it like last week when WCW was hyping up Bill Goldberg being in the sequel to the fantastic actioner 1992's Universal Soldier. It was awesome that he would be the villain along with Jean-Claude Van Damme & Michael Jai White. It was so cool that Megadeth performed their new hit Crush'em and Goldberg going on the stage in a unexpected return an dthat said song would be the theme for the film :batwink: The film was pretty cool and had some really good moments. It was a must have to buy. Here is the Front & Back Covers as well as the VHS Tape itself :batsmile:

Here is the VHS & Columbia Tri-Star 1999 Copyright Label as well the Schnucks Video Club Sticker :batsmile: .

Now it's possible that I got this at Schnucks on Loughborough (see Part 1 for the location) however I cannot be certain cause there's a part of Me that says I got it from Schnucks in Hampton Village :shock:

I have showcased Hampton heavily within My Odds & Ends Topic when I showcased B. Dalton & Johnny Brock's as well as Almost Everything Sports Store & Louie's Pizza Co., Movie King and Peaches Sound Warehouse/Blockbuster Video & Music plus don't forget My classic & current Target too and recently in My Vintage Action Figure & Video Game Topics. It has always been a great area of life for decades. this Schnucks is still there but they too have followed the rest of them as well as so many others of no longer being open 24 hours and accompany the trending curfews since the emergence of the PlamDem!c which is so darn frustrating :roll: I had many good times there and really was My fave location for a while but again the one on Arsenal will always be the one. You can see that in My great Marvel & DC ToyBiz Batman Showcase here --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post46299.html?hilit=Arsenal#p46299. So here is a beautiful look at Schnucks on/in Hampton Village, it's truly a great place to be and one of the most historical areas of St. Louis :)

So that will conclude My huge 5-Part Vintage Wrestling VHS & DVD Collection and I hope you liked this and were surprised by something here :) If your just now seeing this and haven't seen the other 4 Parts then stop what your doing and get to the first one, its very crucial as you don't wanna miss a single moment of this entire presentation that I made. Now remember what I said above when I said about Suburban Commando and that it said on the VHS Box about the Soundtrack is available on Rhino Records and I was going to talk about that further at the climax of showcase :?: Well My reveal is that I have that Soundtrack CD and this will spawn My next showcase of My Wrestling Soundtrack/Theme CDs Collection :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I thought it would be so apropos to present them right after this one cause with Me VHS & DVDs goes hand and hand with Soundtracks and the same goes with Wrestling, there really is no difference and it's just as a euphoric hobby too :batsmile: It will be a tremendous showcase and will arrive shortly. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Vintage Wrestling Collection: CD THEME COLLECTION!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:19 am

So here we go with My collection of Wrestling CDs. Now as I have explained earlier on within the topic among other places within the forum, I didn't collect wrestling figures and so on till I wised up when I was about 9 or so. I was really too late for the LJN even though I had My chances but i was in time for the Hasbro WWF & Galoob & Just Toys WCW figures in 1990. So I didn't start collecting wrestling music either till 1990 when My Grandma signed Me up for the WWF Fan Club when they first issued their WWF Wrestling Theme Cassette Tapes which ran from 1990 - 1995. Unfortunately I misplaced most of that stuff however I didn't with My special 1990-1991 Key Chain and My little WWF Tote Bag that I took every day with Me to school to have My Lunch at their cool & huge cafeteria (I loved their sausage pizza slices & that's where I discovered Andy Capps's Fries and craved them ever since) and as I said earlier on in My Wrestling VHS & DVD collection nobody but Chris was interested in this which really sucked, society has always been so disappointing to say the least and really it's even worse now since it's so flaky & cryptic :roll: Anyway, these special WWF items are on My Insane Keychain which you can see the whole topic in My Odds & Ends Topic plus so much more here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176.html

Now as you saw in My huge 5 Part of My Wrestling VHS & DVD Collection, I showed off both versions of My Suburban Commando and I said that on the VHS Cover it mentioned that the Soundtrack was available on Rhino Records. I never could find it anywhere locally on any format for over a decade till I searched online on Amazon's Marketplace Sellers and I scored getting the Compact Disc sometime in the 2000s. So as I said before at the climax of My previous showcase, presenting My Wrestling CD collection would be so apropos. I've already shown how much I love movie soundtracks & scores and listening to wrestling themes is as equal and the way I see it there is no difference, it'e really a shame I've never talked and had in-depth conversations with people other than Family about all of this fun stuff, again society :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So as much as I loved Suburban Commando I had to get the soundtrack. It's really an odd one with no score by Michael David Frank who really composed some great action hero movies scores in the 80s & 90s. It has some quotable scenes from the film and does have most if not all of the songs that was heard in the film sans the William Tell Overture which most people (I guess) know it as the chosen theme for the Lone Ranger TV show that was composed by Gioacchino Antonio Rossini (1792–1868). So even though I got it in the 2000s, the film came out in 1991 and so di the score as noted on earlier on the VHS Box. I'm putting everything in chronological order as it was released and not when I got them starting with My Suburban Commando soundtrack as here is it's front & back covers :)

When you open up the jewel case, it looks kinda basic as to how the CD & Booklet appears as it it was still basic/generic in the early 90s I mean CDs had only been around half of a decade or so. It is pretty nice looking and you can clearly see the whole track list so click it in a new tab as well as everything else within the showcase to see all the detail :batsmile:

1. Ramsey And Zanuck 2:34
2. J-Rock Featuring Hulk Hogan – It's A Nice Place To Live (But I Wouldn't Want To Visit) 3:06
3. Robert Jason – Almost Like Paradise 2:28
4. Rank & File – Black Book 4:23
5. No Artist - Ramsey Vs. The Gearheads 0:54
6. The Next Big Thing – Ramsey 3:23
7. K.C. & The Sunshine Band* – Do You Wanna Go Party 3:44
8. Nitro – Freight Train 3:53

So despite it had no score whatsoever it's pretty good. However the soundtrack is only about a half hour which in My book is way too short and wastes the space that you could have put so much more extra material on there and made it even more exciting and way more special :roll: I always check it out as I gently turn the disc over to the light. By doing this I can tell how long the CD or rather the run-time of it is. This Soundtrack is only about 29 minutes long which is really below standard for releases back then. I can tell because the lighter circle around the rim where the eye reader reads. I don't know how many people knows or even pays attention to things like this cause I never read anybody ever talk about it :roll: I have many Scores especially Star Wars that where the lighter circle is near the end of the edge of the Disc, when it's near the end which now we're talking cause these babies are around the 70+ Minute mark which I love cause you get a lot of music for your buck and I've always been a person that wants more for less and more time to enjoy what I love :batsmile: I even have some special bootlegs that used "Super CDs" that is 80 minutes which still really amazes Me how they pulled a feat like this cause for a time, an 80 minute CD was stuff of legends so oh I love that kind of thing and it never ever get's old either :batsmile: Now the booklet is pretty impressive because it has a lot of pictures from the movie :batsmile:

It even has the Mutant General Suitor which at the time was a major spoiler there. Here's also some various track info & copyright from various years including 1991 plus the Rhino logo, I love the hologramish look of the the CD :batsmile: Again look at the underside of the disc, you can clearly tell how short it is within the darker tinted area.

So as a special feature I put My Suburban Commando Soundtrack with My VHS & DVD versions that I greatly featured in My huge 5-Part Wrestling VHS & DVD collection on the previous page, look at all of that wonderful classic Hulk Hogan movie history from 1991 and it makes such a fun & fantastic display, I have always loved how this looks :batwink:

Wrestlemania the Album: This album was absolutely huge for Me to get in 1993. 1993 was a huge wrestling year and a crucial one at that. I know it always gets a really awful backlash of it's repetition and downright flamed by internet darlings and fans that didn't experience this time. By following places like Wrestlecrap and being brainwashed & conditioned to hate the past, this causes so many good things to have an alternate story that it really had :? I was around this time and watched all of the WWF programming the entire year and it was all very fun, exciting and IMO way more entertaining than today's stuff from WWF & AEW. It had so much to offer I mean this is when WWF Monday Night Raw debuted and Yokozuna became world champ and Hogan returning to Japan:o Soon there will be a huge 1993, Yo, Do You Remember and I will show how darn fun this year really was :) So during WWF Programming such as Mania & Superstars where they were playing the music videos to these cool songs and in fact they released a cool Coliseum Video with "Macho Man" Randy Savage in the WWF Mania Studio playing all of the videos. It was huge and I was quite euphoric when I got this. Here is the Front & Back Covers, I've always loved how this looked having all of these guys together :)

Here is the Track Listing, it has 10 of'em and their all so fun. The first two are most used & famous ones and really are My favorites. I loved that "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith is there cause they cut him out in some of the video versions yet I am really surprised that they left in Tony Schiavone & Jimmy "Jam" Garvin. The Nasty Boys is really My fave of wrestler's songs but listening to Macho Man's is so sad for numerous reasons. I have listen to this countless times since I got it, it goes by so fast and it's still as fun now as it was then :)

1. "WrestleMania"
2. "Slam Jam"
3. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan - "USA"
4. The Nasty Boys - "Nasty Boy Stomp"
5. Bret "The Hitman" Hart - "Never Been A Right Time To Say Goodbye"
6. The Undertaker - "The Man In Black"
7. "Macho Man" Randy Savage - "Speaking From The Heart"
8. Tatanka - "Tatanka Native American"
9. Mr. Perfect - "I'm Perfect"
10. The Big Boss Man - "Hard Times"

NOTE: International versions had "Kona" Crush on the cover and had his own song too titled Cold Crush and it was a pretty decent song. I believe they opted out on it because Crush turned heel and it wouldn't have made sense. It also had an alternate 12" version of Slam Jam 12" as well. Shame they did that but this wouldn't be the only WWF album that they made decisions like this for. Continue on with the showcase to find out more :)

Here is what it looks like when it's opened. I just adore the color scheme here, so cool :)

The Booklet folds out to be a nice poster of most of the wrestlers that is chosen for this special.

Here is a ton of information within the cool Booklet.

Here is another look at the CD, it looks really cool. Companies were starting to experiment making CDs more colorful. Compare this to 1991's Suburban Commando's CD above. Oh look at the RCA Dog Nipper at the phonograph and the 1993 Copyright of Titan Sports, RCA, BMG & Eurodisc, so darn good :batsmile:

WWF Full Metal: This is arguably My favorite wrestling album of ever of all-time :!: It was supposedly released in 1995 but I never could find it anywhere locally. Peaches/Sound Warehouse never had it nor did Best Buy. However they started showing ads for it in 1996 and I'm like holy crap I gotta have that :o So TRU was having a blowout-sale on Sega Genesis CD & 32X games in around September. I said to My Mom & Grandma that is what I wanted for Christmas & My Birthday. So one day soon after they kinda hinted why they were going out together one day soon after that and I said see if they or Best Buy has WWF Full Metal: The Album. Well that night they gave it to Me and it was so darn awesome opening it up and playing on My Grandpa's custom made stereo. Such a great time :) Here is the great looking Front & Back Covers. :)

Most themes are composed & performed by Jim Johnston who basically composed most of the classic WWF music hear from the 80s & 90s yet so liitle is done about him, nobody talks about him and shold hav been a WWF Hall of Famer a very long time ago. However the first two are by & perform by members of Savatage/Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Such a Surge, Anthrax, Type O Negative, Crumbsuckers/Pro Pain & Overkill. So here is the track list which is quite good, I have always loved it and played it countless times. Now the "We're All Together Now is very fun and one of My favorites, this is why I borrow that phrase in My showcases if you ever wondered that :o Diesel's theme is one of the best ever because it's so different from anything that Johnston had done prior or after. King Mable's theme is superb with the sirens. Goldust's theme is truly remarkable. I have to say that Psycho Sid's theme has always been My favorite of all :batsmile:

1. "We're All Together Now (Theme Song" (performed by the WWF Superstars & Slam Jam)
2. "Thorn In Your Eye" (performed by the WWF Superstars & Slam Jam)
3. "Diesel Blues" (Diesel)
4. "The Lyin' King" (King Mabel)
5. "1-2-3" (1-2-3 Kid)
6. "Goldust" (Goldust)
7. "Smokin'" (The Smoking Gunns)
8. "Psycho Dance" (Psycho Sid)
9. "Bad Boy" (Razor Ramon)
10. "Hart Attack" (Bret Hart)
11. "Angel" (Hakushi)
12. "Graveyard Symphony" (The Undertaker)
13. "Sexy Boy" (Shawn Michaels) (Jim Johnston/J.J. Maguire/Jimmy Hart)
14. "With My Baby Tonight" (Jeff Jarrett)†

Now, "With My Baby Tonight" was actually performed by Brian Girard James, who wrestled in the WWF at the time as "The Roadie" (and later as "The Road Dogg" Jesse James), Jeff Jarrett lip-synched the song for his performance at WWF In Your House in July 1995. I know this song get's such a bad wrap but I have always liked it and sung it a lot. I always found it soothing & cool. Opening of the CD Jewel Case will show you what this looks like inside and it all looks mighty fine. In fact there's a little surprise and that's a WWF Sticker with the coolest of the logos IMO. I have never used it as I always wanted it to stay safe within the enclosed home that it came from :batsmile:

The Booklet's Back Cover Page has a special message from the then WWF President Gorilla Monsoon :)

The Booklet is detailed pretty nicely, in fact it's styled like a heavy metal album by Metallica rather than a wrestling one which differs greatly from 93's Wrestlemania the Album seen above. Look at the pictures of the wrestlers with the band all of the ones of Shawn Michales, The Undertaker, The Smoking Gunns & Goldust with there bios. Not everybody has a picture but their bio is there which I've always been a bio & stats person...

and here is Psycho Sid & King Mable. I loved this time. See if there has been anything this grand in modern wrestling that can even compare to this, I think it will be very difficult too. Here is the Track Info :batsmile:

Here's a great look at the CD, I love the smell of it. Also here is a closer look at the sweet, unexpected bonus WWF Sticker. It wouldn't be complete not seeing the 1995 Copyright of Titan Sports & Edel Records :batsmile:

WWF The Music Volume 2: This was THE ONE that truly ignited the spark of WWF Theme Music Collectibility because with the title you knew there was going to be more ahead :batsmile: I listened to this one countless times, maybe even more so than Full Metal :o In fact I listened to this & Metallica's ReLoad in 97 more than any other album release during this year/time period :shock: It was a rather simple release however because there was no heavy metal groups involved, it was all by Jim Johnston. There was three alternate tracks here never heard at live WWF events that had special segments during WWF programming. Its pretty cool that they did that though I think it did cost some other wrestlers' themes to be cut which really is a sacrifice I do not prefer. By WWF terms this was released in the last days of the New Generation and pre-Attitude era (but we all know the true first times of the Attitude Era started when the nWo happen in 1996) so this was released in the Summer 1997. Now unlike the previous two albums, this wasn't produced by a major record label, it was actually really all Stephanie Music & WWF/Titan Sports. I found the tracks to be all exciting yet so different from the previous album. Here is Mine via the Front & Back covers.

Here is the Track Listing. The Undertaker, Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels were all alternate editions heard on WWF programming. Some of these have dialog from the wrestlers such as an alternate one of SCST, Sid, Mankind. I must say Rocky Maivia theme was great, it's just a shame that he became The Rock and this is nothing but almost forgotten history. Ahmed's is really fun. HBK's is good but this version's saxophone part seems like from the 80s and by this time it kinda sounds teasing cause those times were over though it was still the 90s when romantic stuff was still going on and it still felt special. It's really cool that The Nation of Domination is here. Marc Mero & Sable's is actually really sweet and hearing Sunny's theme is downright sultrous really, it shows you how great lengths the Attitude Era was having but arguably Ken Shamrock's theme is My favorite on the whole CD, it just sounds so fun and unique and never seems long enough when you listen to it.

1. The Undertaker - "Dark Side" (3:53)
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin - "Hell Frozen Over" (2:57)
3. Ahmed Johnson - "Pearl River Rip" (3:15)
4. Marc Mero & Sable - "Wild Cat" (2:52)
5. Bret Hart - "You Start the Fire" (3:10)
6. Vader - "Mastodon" (3:09)
7. Mankind - "Ode to Freud" (3:02)
8. Dude Love - "Dude Love" (3:08)
9. Faarooq - "Nation of Domination" (3:03)
10. Rocky Maivia - "Destiny" (3:06)
11. Sycho Sid - "Snap" (3:19)
12. Ken Shamrock - "Dangerous" (3:17)
13. Flash Funk - "Can't Get Enough" (3:25)
14. Sunny - "I Know You Want Me" (3:28)
15. Shawn Michaels - "Sexy Boy" (3:00)

So also in the cool yet somewhat struggling year of 1997, a International album was released outside of the United States titled WWF We Gotta Wrestle. The album, which included a Sunny poster that I would loved to have and a nice sticker sheet, however this edition was missing two tracks from WWF The Music, Vol. 2, Ken Shamrock and Dude Love's themes, but for some reason they added Jake "The Snake" Roberts theme that was not included in WWF The Music, Vol. 2. It also differed in six tracks as well. I mean when you listen to it and look at it, it does seem a bit leftover from 1996 into early 1997. Roberts already left the Federation in January 97 so when those people overseas got this they got a treat that us Americans did not :shock:

Here is the inside of the Jewel Case

Here is track notes in the booklet as well as copyright information.

Here is the cool Poster that Booklet folds out to be. The pictures are altered which is kinda strange how they made it.

Here is a look at the CD itself which it looks darn cool plus the 1997 Stephanie Music Copyright :batsmile:

WWF The Music Volume 3: This is arguably My favorite album of the whole series. I was astounded when I found out about it not to mention when I got it :) It was released in 1998 which this year marks it's 25th anniversary :o There was so much going on in that year in Wrestling, Baseball, Boxing, Movies & TV Show, Video Games, Music. It was a remarkable year. I love the Front & Back Covers :batsmile:

The Track Listing is great however I'm always bummed that they chose Dude Love here, they had it on the previous album :? It was a wasted slot and it could have been somebody else. I have no idea why they did this :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: This has The Phenom's 98 theme and I think it's the best one ever and it's My fav one. I find the X-Pac one funny. Kane & Gangrel are like the best ones here I mean their spooky & goth, who wouldn't love these :?: This version of Ken Shamrock really over powers the previous version. ICP's a bit watered down and Sable's sounds better. You can hear Val Venis' theme being what "Ravishing" Rick Rude was originally intended to be. Really the funnest one of them all is the New Age Outlaws, its just sounds so engaging :batsmile: Quite frankly this album is the funnest of them all to be honest with DX/The Outlaws and the spooky ones it's just feels good overall :batsmile:

1.The Undertaker - 3:36
2. Edge – 3:16
3. X-Pac – 3:11
4. Dude Love – 3:08
5. Kane – 3:12
6. The Rock – 3:14
7. Gangrel / The Brood – 3:43
8. Ken Shamrock – 2:58
9. Oddities (composed and performed by Insane Clown Posse) – 3:40
10. D-Generation X (performed by The Chris Warren Band") - 2:50
11. Sable – 2:55
12. New Age Outlaws – 2:59
13. Val Venis – 3:37
14. Stone Cold Steve Austin - 3:38

Here is the inside of the jewel case, so cool :)

The booklet unfolds into a massive double-sided Poster with pictures of the wrestlers and notes of the tracks.

On one side of the booklet is a cool subscription offer to subscribe to WWF & Raw Magazine. I was already a loyal subscriber but seeing this was still cool which I really miss these times when magazines was a still a must :roll:

Here is the really rad looking CD with lighting bolts and the 1997 Koch Copyright. WWF would be partners with Koch for a long while as they would release many more of the WWF/WWE's albums.

WWF The Music Volume 4: So now we're into the fourth installment of the great WWF Wrestling Theme Series that was released in 1999. This one is really hinting at times changing with technology, the web and all that sort of stuff not to mention new talent stats in the making. This is a mighty fine album. It may not be as fun at the previous but this still has some great moments. This Front & Back Covers are actually precursors to the Wrestlemania 2000 event & Video game graphics with the green & black effects :o

So the Track Listing is pretty good. Big Show's theme is great and Test's is really cool. My two favorites are D'Lo Brown & Christian,[b] they are just so fun. The [b]SCSA one by H-Blockx is really radical and hilarious, its a darn shame they really didn't focus on this version, it was really one of the best songs that was made for this type of format.

1. "Break Down the Wall" (Chris Jericho)
2. "Big" (The Big Show)
3. "No Chance in Hell" (The Corporation)
4. "Sexual Chocolate" (Mark Henry)
5. "This Is a Test" (Test)
6. "Wreck" (Mankind)
7. "Oh Hell Yeah" (Stone Cold Steve Austin) (performed by H-Blockx)
8. "Danger At the Door" (D'Lo Brown)
9. "Blood Brother" (Christian)
10. "Assman" (Billy Gunn)
11. "Ministry" (The Undertaker)
12. "My Time" (Triple H & Chyna) (performed by Chris Warren)
13. "On the Edge" (Edge)
14. "Know Your Role" (The Rock)

Here's the inside of the jewel case.

The Booklet folds out as a nice Poster. I love that one of Chyna, HHH and her were so darn good together then, such a darn shame he ruined it all :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: Seeing this collage really brings back the way it was done, it was really good then and see if there's anything in wrestling today as good as it was back then.

Here is the CD itself and the 1999 WWF & Koch Copyright.

I skipped getting 2000's WWF Aggression, I wasn't a fan of the majority wrestling themes being songs. I expressed this many times throughout the board. It just kinda ruins the fun of the concept & excitement of instrumental fun. You want rap & metal, go get Ice-T & Metallica albums. I'm fine with it if it's just a little bit like the albums above but not the whole darn thing :roll: This trend still remains today in wrestling which it's even worse now because it all sounds the same an downright repetitive that most wrestlers have the same type of theme, it's a very lazy & creative process and it really lowers the standards IMO :x I took a long hiatus after the demise of WCW & ECW and really only kept up with it via news pages & YouTube. So I kept on thinking that I didn't get I didn't get the 2001 album before to complete the original series when it was still something really special so about in 2010/2011 I bought it on Amazon's Market Place when I really got back into wrestling. This was WWF The Music Volume 5. It's a good one but really it's at the bottom of My list. Here's the front & back covers of the final one that I got of the line :)

Here is the Track Listing. Really there's only a few I like. Kurt's is actually The Patriot's 97 theme and I **** that as a double with the clueless decision on their part of putting Dude Love's theme on said & shown back to back releases above :roll: Its such a tremendous theme, it has one of the best melody's that Johnston ever composed :!: Triple H's theme is pretty darn good, I love the stuff in the line of Metallica so its just fine and I love the guitar. Kane's is superb. Raven's is pretty good and Chyna's is decent but sad. Tazz & Benoit is arguably the best here. Who in the heck greenlit The Rock's "Pie" song much less the whole "pie" concept of the whole album :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

1. Triple H - "The Game" (performed by Motörhead) (3:29) (sometimes credited to Jim Johnston/Motörhead)
2. K-Kwik - "Rowdy" (performed by K-Kwik) (3:13)
3. Tazz - "If You Dare" (3:23)
4. Lita - "It Just Feels Right" (2:54)
5. Kane - "Out of the Fire" (3:08)
6. Eddie Guerrero - "Latino Heat" (2:50)
7. Billy Gunn - "I've Got It All" (3:26)
8. Raven - "What About Me?" (3:06)
9. Chyna - "Who I Am" (3:09)
10. Kurt Angle - "Medal" (2:52)
11. Rikishi - "Bad Man" (3:14)
12. Chris Benoit - "Shooter" (2:43)
11. Too Cool - "Turn It Up" (3:20)
12. The Rock (featuring Slick Rick) - "Pie" (3:46) (Jim Johnston/Brian Gewirtz/Ricky Walters)

There was going to be more superstar themes going to be present like The Acolytes, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn, Trish Stratus and T&A, Steve Blackman, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boyz, SCSA's Disturbed and The Undertaker's Rollin' but they were all cut due to time restraints & budget reasons. This is the first time in the series that The Phenom & Stone Cold was not selected within the series but of course The Rock wasn't :roll: It would have been one deluxe album, way more attractive and a overall better selection of tracks had they went the extra mile :roll:

By looking at the jewel case it looks visually stunning as companies were making them clear with the inserts being visible with more options to be had in around was becoming the standard by 2000/2001 because it was becoming a new trend come 98 and I really love this style.

The CD itself looks ok, I so prefer the others way more. Inside without the CD looks fine & dandy and it has a really nice color scheme going on there and could be an excellent background for action figures :batsmile:

This was a Enhanced CD that you put in your PC for galleries and whatnot. It was super fun doing this stuff back then and this was truly when the web was taking over most of everything now. Here is the 2001 Koch, Stephanie Music, SmackDown Records & WWF/Titan Sports Copyright and there's even special thanks to Kevin Dunn of all people :o

Last but certainly not least is the Booklet. It folds out long ways this time and it basically becomes a double-side wallscape of World Wrestling Federation Superstars. It's really got some swag going on here :batsmile:

So during the great heyday of the Attitude Era, things was really root and branch in 1999. WWF had already put out four volumes of wrestling theme albums since 1996 and WCW hasn't put out nothing. They really weren't doing much with their music despite their themes were just as cool as the competition. I remember way back in 97 they had only a handful of themes to download on their page compared to WWF's AOL library. It was huge for Me in 96 when I first downloaded wrestling themes from AOL but when it came to WCW it was quite bittersweet. They were on AOL too be but it was limited. Still to this day there still isn't a clear & official version of Wrath's 1st theme, that was one of the best ever and I've been searching for it since his debut in 1997 :o So here comes 99 and WCW announces that they are finally going to have their own despite they had WCW Slam Jam Vol. 1 from 1992 and this new one is called WCW Mayhem The Music and it will coincide with the EA Video Game of the same title :shock: I really had no idea how it was going to be but I soon would. Here is the good looking Front & Back covers :)

There is a big amount of tracks here, 26 of'em but their not all wrestling themes. Many of'em I have no idea why they were even chosen. There could have been so many actual themes here instead but they chose not too. It was really to bring more or an audience for those that's fans of them songs and not wresting to possibly entice then to become a wrestling fan. Nice idea but didn't really work...how many people actually become a fan of something when their told how great something is...I say BUPKIS :x This is what I was talking about with 2000's WWF Aggression, its just so unattractive with songs that really has no business here when your really wanting themes & themes only. Now I'm not saying there's bad songs here because their not, they quite good. The ones by Megadeth, Metallica, Cypress Hill & Insane Clown Posse were apropos because these were themes for a time because these were used by Goldberg, Sting, Terry Funk & Vampiro, ICP & the Geat Muta during big moments in WCW for a while. Now as for the actual themes it's cool that they included Goldberg & Sting's actual themes as well as Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, DDP, Buff Bagwell and even a bonus of Nitro Girls. The West Texas Rednecks is quite apropos. While I really don't mind the commentary & crowd noise, its really dismaying because they get cut off prematurely which was such a dense decision by whoever made it :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: The Ruff Ryders one is really clever as it's really a WCW heavy rap song. It's amazing how ICP, Kid Rock & Limp Bizkit were all here because all of the stuff they'd do for/in wrestling and ICP was just on the WWF CD from 98 a year prior :o The album is around 61 minutes, almost twice the length of any of the WWF albums above which like I said I really prefer a longer deluxe album than a standard shorter one. Here is the Track Listing :)

1. DJ Ran – Make Some Noise (Mayhem Megamix) - 1:11
2. Unknown Artist – WCW Monday Nitro Theme (Purity "Adrenaline V.1") - 0:30
3. Insane Clown Posse – Take It - 3:21
4. Slayer – Here Comes The Pain - 4:26
5. Unknown Artist – Goldberg Theme "Invasion" - 1:09
6. Megadeth – Crush 'Em (New Goldberg Theme) - 3:13
7. Unknown Artist – Macho Man Randy Savage Theme "What Up Mach" - 0:54
8. Kid Rock - Blast - 2:30
9. Unknown Artist – Diamond Dallas Page Theme "Self High Five" - 0:55
10. Primer 55 – Loose - 3:02
11. Unknown Artist – Sting Theme - 1:16
12. Metallica – Seek And Destroy (Live) - 7:02
13. Unknown Artist – Buff Bagwell "Big Daddy Theme" - 1:12
14. Limp Bizkit – Faith (Remix) Featuring Everlast - - 3:30
15. Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart - Hulk Hogan - American Made - 1:18
16. Lyrical Giants – Bone Crusher - 4:11
17. Unknown Artist – Got Him In The Corner - 0:17
18. Ruff Ryders – Pay Per View Featuring – Drag-On, Eve, Jadakiss, Styles* - 4:11
19. Big Punisher & Fat Joe – Make The Crowd Roar - 3:34
20. Unknown Artist – Kevin Nash / Wolfpac Theme - 1:03
21. Cypress Hill & Defari – Fist Full - 3:22
22. Unknown Artist – Count That Man Out - 0:12
23. Screwball – Give It Up - 3:47
24. Konnan – Konnan Theme "Bow Wow Wow" Featuring – Madd One* - 2:11
25. Curt Hennig & The West Texas Rednecks – Rap Is Crap - 1:47
26. Unknown Artist – The Nitro Girls Theme "Bailando" Featuring – Stephanie Marano - 1:29

Here's the inside of the album. Notice the jewel case is clear. See, this type of case was becoming a trend predating WWF The Music Vol.5 seen above...

and when you take the Disc out your greeted by the hot & sweet Nitro Girls. This was a very nice choice that they made here, gosh I miss these times :)

The Booklet has a bit of pictures here and it folds out really wide...

and it advertises Electronic Art's WCW N64 Video Game as well yet EA isn't credited here, how did WCW or the record company get away with this especially after all of these years :? :?: :o

Here is the WCW, Tommy Boy & Mandalay Bay 1993 Copyrights along with other information.

As a special bonus here is the WCW Mayhem The Music with it's counterpart the WCW Mayhem N64 Video Game :!:

So during this year of 1999, WWF & WCW wasn't the only ones putting out wrestling themes on CD. The Beast Records of Simitar Entertainment gave their own crack at re-performing wrestling themes from the current Attitude Era...it was called Slammin' Wrestling Hits :o I saw it at Our local CD store in South County which I will show you the location in a little while. I saw this over there and My Mom got it for Me, they only had the one and it was Mine :) I had no idea how it was going to be, is all i know I wanted and knew I would regret it if I had skipped it. It has a very good selection. It's done via Midi-like synthesizers tech, guitars among other electronic musical devices that has a 90s techno sound plus a whistling/crowd like noise/technique in the background that seriously reminds Me of Mike Pizza's Strike Zone for the N64 which is one of My favorite Baseball Video Games of ever, of all-time. The Front & Back covers really caught My attention and I would think it would have most wrestling fans too or even made new ones which I hope it did :)

I love the sound of these. The nWo, Ken Shamrock & Gangrel ones is arguably My favorites. It was cool about the nWo cause the WCW Mayhem Music Album didn't feature it. Val Venis' is really sweet sounding. Goldust's theme is superb here. Mankind's is great but funny and Sable's is so thrilling. "The Total Package" Lex Luger & "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair's themes sounds wonderful here and they weren't on the WCW album so this is such welcomed editions. Arguably the biggest surprise here is Al Snow's theme, it was kinda unexpected and it was done well :shock: The CD is about 45 minutes with 15 tracks. It's really tremendous bonus collector's item for any true wrestling fan that appreciate it and it's music :)

1. N.W.O.: Theme
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin: Theme
3. Bill Goldberg: Theme
4. Val Venis: Theme
5. Goldust:Theme
6. Al Snow: Theme
7. Gangrel: Theme
8. Mankind: Theme
9. Sable: Theme
10. Ken Shamrock: Theme
11. Lex Luger: Theme
12. Dude Love: Theme
13. Ric Flair: Theme
14. The Undertaker: Theme
15. The Edge: Theme

So here is what the inside of this very unique album looks like. The Jewel Case is rather dissimilar compared to all of the ones I have above and quite frankly from any CD Album I have as it's really in a think plastic case and really I like it, I think it's way more durable :batsmile: It looks so darn cool with it's purple, orange & yellow color scheme going on here. The Booklet is offering some items which I'll get to that in a bit.

When you remove the booklet & CD it's all purple revealing some marbleized looking ring ropes :shock:

The booklet is really basic, only two pages but inside the booklet is the track & more info as well as an order form to order "Cool Stuff!" as it says...

that "Cool Stuff" is their own X-Large T-Shirt that features their own mascot the "Slammin" Wrestling Character as well as the 1990 Sci-Fi actioner Abraxas starring Jesse "The Body" Ventura. They were only $12.95 each plus only $2.95 Shipping & Handling. Gosh talk about affordable items but I have no idea how many people bought these. I found this strange because Jesse was the Governor of Minnesota...Beast Records of Simitar is in Minnesota...I think there was some collaboration of a business deal going on here :? I never knew the truth about this because this album was quite obscure then cause info to be limited but now it get's such a bad wrap with people complaining about it how awful it is :roll: This is why I really despise society sometimes, everybody monkey see, monkey do, always complaining, never appreciating :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Abraxas was nearly a decade old by this time, so much in Movies & Wrestling had changed and I bet there wasn't many people thinking about that film then much less than they are now however I'm sure Ventura had a bit to do with this I mean what are the odds of all of this coming into play :batshock: :wwhuh: :smhuh:

Here is a close up of the CD and all of the 1999 Copyrights as well as a nice look at the Beast emblem :batsmile:

So this is CD Warehouse, This where I got Slammin' Wrestling Hits at :batsmile: Believe it or not their still in business even after the P!amDemic! and they are still doing good I believe and with these recent pictures this looks pretty much the same since I was last there a long time ago which is a great thing :)

I haven't been there in a very long time, probably around 20 years or so now. Me & Mom used to go there a lot cause We loved all of this type of music. I also got Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace Score there as well. 99 was kinda cool. Back then they had good customer service, now I don't know since people seem to be always in a mood and disinterested in subjects and respect now but I hope they remained the same I mean they're still there so they gotta be doing something right I mean their the only one around on planet Earth :)

They are truly one of the last great music stores you can go to in My area. Best Buy is a bit further down the street there in South County but I haven't been there in ages as well so I guess they still carry music CDs but really I don't think they were ever heavy competition cause they do so much more than music. I really hate to think that the age of musical CDs is just about over thanks to this digital age and people having no interest in music at any time. I mean Red Box & Netflix and the Web completely ruined & wiped out true movie renting and this pathetically androgynous modern day & age has really took the fun out of so much and a lot of it was music and collecting CD albums :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: It's such a great passion of Mine yet society follows suit of the current ways :roll: I've done this too digitally however because I have too during certain situations. CD Warehouse is really one of your last remaining stores anywhere that is really old school and I hope the people that is usual customers continue to be and follow the ways of yesteryear :)

SPECIAL GALLERY

Here is all of My WWF CDs together, gosh that looks great :batsmile:

So here is the Various Wrestling CDs seen above, really cool :wwsmile:

We're Altogether Now: If you read above, now you know where I "borrowed" that phrase for in My Showcases :) Wow, take a gander at all of that classic Wrestling Theme Album goodness :batsmile: :wwsmile: :smsmile:

I always liked the way CD Jewel Cases look this way too when you organize & them put them in storage :batsmile:

So there you have it, if you followed My huge 5 Parter of My VHS & DVD collection then you know where I was headed next and I hope you liked My huge Wrestling CD collection and were surprised about it and the trivia I provided. Next up will be My collection of Vintage Wrestling Video Games, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles