Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Royal Rumble is TONIGHT!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:30 pm

Sorry, should've put that last post in spoilers. Fixed it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:41 am

More spoilery talk...

Spoiler:
WWE is in a precarious spot I believe. I don't watch regularly, but I know the basic cliff notes of Sami and the Bloodline and I have to say, the end to the ppv was way more compelling than anything they could do to get me to care about Cody Rhodes vs Roman, I know Cody' story isn't fake, but there's just something disingenuous about him. Like his reactions aren't real but him acting like how he thinks someone should react in that moment. It just doesn't ring true to me.

Plus, he reeks of "I'll jump ship from AEW if you let me main event WrestleMania" and that's the kind of thing I think fans will reject if they continue to shove the whole, oh gosh my dad never won the big one narrative down people's throats. I could easily see people gravitating more toward Sami Zayn who's storyline has had an actual build for months whereas Cody feels more like, I'm here, put me in the main event.

I don't know. The way they've booked themselves I can't see how Cody doesn't beat Roman, but at the same time, I can't see how any else but Sami has earned the right to beat Roman.

Now, I could be wrong because I'm taking the 30,000 foot view of someone who doesn't watch weekly. BUt I think you're going to see a groundswell of support for Sami (if he isn't written off TV until after WM) and a possible rejection of Cody. But I could be wrong. From what I read on twitter during the course of the PPV, WWE fans seem easier to please than fans of other companies,
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:08 am

That's OK, I always try to avoid spoilers whenever I can especially for wrestling eventS. Oh I totally get what your saying about Cody. I'm actually for him during this time, like with all of that stuff with MJF, he better win it :!: I hope they don't ruin Sami cause the fans are really behind him now, he has the absolute potential to be a DB/BD-like wrestler like you said. Well, I'm easy to please to begin with and when WWE is concerned I am usually pleased even if the outcomes of matches are not what I wanted and so forth because I'm watching it and it's entertaining when you don't have to wait for something to happen and it's simple how it is instead something really complicated.

OK.here is My brief little write up of the matches. I was right on a lot of stuff even though I said about The Rock,I knew Cody was going to be the last man.
BrandonDaCollector wrote:
Image:

Wyatt vs. Knight was great, I loved the glow in the dark attire & paint (shame Naomi was never in a match like this) and yes Uncle Howdy is NOT Bray Wyatt :!:

I really wasn't in to the [Bianca & Bliss/b] match, it happen just like I thought.

Now the [b]Roman & KO
match was dandy. I'm always into a Roman bout as I have always loved an unbeatable champion and to see what is next for him/her and if they can be stopped. I loved the drama about Sami, it finally imploded :!:

Now as for the Rumble Matches...

Mens Rumble: I thought the Men's was good but I have seen better. Like I said before the best moment ever in one was in 90 with Warrior & Hogan, something like that will never, ever happen nor feel like that again. I loved that about Corbin though it's not good for his gimmick & JBL. I was really disappointed by the fast eliminations of Karrion, Lesnar, Lashley & Omos. Judgement Day I think should have done better and Rey no-showed at all thanks to Dom. I loved the stuff that Ricochet & Paul did, once again Paul impressed Me. I knew Cody was going to do it cause he had to :!:

Now the Women's Rumble was were the true fun was. I was really into it. Rhea was first. I think she is just awesome. Chelsea Green's surprise entrant was epic till she made the record of being eliminated the fastest in a Women's Rumble, amazing how she is :roll: I was for Emma while she lasted. Of course McCool had to make a big entrance like she did. No Trish, Lita, Jacky, Ivory or Alundra, that was a bummer and Sarah "Valhalla" Logan wasn't there either which I really thought this match would have been great for her but I was glad that B-Fab got in it and once again Zelina Vega is a Street Fighter from the game thanks to WWE promoting Capcom (wow, AEW now WWE!) and she was Juri Han, the commentators acted like they didn't know who she was supposed to be and I'm like dang I knew right away and despite she's a Latina, she a makes darn good Juri whom is Korean. Speaking of Asians, Xia Li & Mia Yim had good performances. I was surprised that Asuka went back to her roots and was an Oni :o I'm getting a bit annoyed by Raquel's always smiling gimmick. Damage CTRL was very good her. I was surprised that Bayley & Becky was eliminated as soon as they were. Piper Niven is back and no longer as Doudrop and it's about damn time though they are giving you hits that's he's gonna drop you! Nia Jax is BACK which they botched it cause she came out just seconds before the counter did (she needs to join The Bloodline :!: I have said about today's wrestling lacking "the big man", well this match had "the big woman & Amazons" I mean there's women well over 200 pounds & 6 feet tall here. I loved how Ripley was on the apron fighting the two last women Asuska & Morgan, it was awesome how Rhea ducked and Liv got sprayed/misted and how Rhea got "The Emperoress of Tomorrow" out and then LEG SCISSORED LIV MORGAN out to win the Women's Royal Rumble from the NUMBER 1 SPOT :wwshock: I loved watching Rhea stay in there for over an hour, she is so good. She's gotta pick Bianca over Charlotte for WM to continue where she left off with Blair from 2021's Rumble :!: Like Ripley said at the Press Conference, the women can do what the guys do :wwwink:

HIGHLIGHTS :batsmile: :wwsmile: :smgrin:

Afte the show was off they had a Press Conference with Rhea, Bray, Cody & HHH, HHH said that The Rock is a very busy man and WWE is home for him so I don't know if he's coming back or not. HHH is still billed head of creative, is this still really valid since Vinnie Mac is reinstated :?

Overall I thought it was a good event and this was undoubtedly the best Women's Rumble, I would get the PLE just to watch that :!:

Next is ELIMINATION CHAMBER :!: :!: :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:31 am

I admittedly didn't watch the Women's Rumble. My daughter was sleeping over a friends house and she called needing me to drop something off so I wasn't around. Which was ok because I really don't care about the women's division anyway. I've no idea who Uncle Howdy is. Honestly, I don't care. I'm sure the reveal will be disappointing, and truthfully, that stuff was too hokey for me. But my one funny thought when he jumped off and did the elbow was that was...

Spoiler:

I don't know how that would make sense or if it even needs to. It probably isn't but it's as good a guess as any. Certainly no one else off the top of my head would so something like that.

Yes, the Logan Paul-Ricochet spot was a cool moment.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:03 am

Amazing how you are about this especially the Women's Division :roll:

Now Uncle Howdy could be a great character, here is his first appearance, I posted this for Crown Jewel a while back :blbat:

Yes, it could be him, the risk was something like he'd take PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:16 am

With the Women, I liked Becky when she was the Man, but they kind of made me lose interest in her. I don't know, I've been trained over the last decade that nobody really matters besides Charlotte, Rhonda, Becky, and Sasha, and one of them is gone. They've misused Shayna so many times it's hard for me to care. I really don't like Bianca and her schtick. I find the hair whip lame (and dangerous). I loved Alexa way back when she was a top heel but this whole spooky thing does nothing for me. Everyone else is interchangeable depending on the day and who they want you to care about, and after a while, I stopped caring about anyone.

Much of it is like the Men's division, there are a lot of guys that have been around for a longtime. When they want you to care about them they give them a little push. The rest of the year they're just background fodder. So now when they get their latest little push, it's hard for me to even care because I know when it really matters all these guys will be in some random battle royal or a pre-show match, so why should I care at all?

I'm not saying AEW is much better at handling the whole roster (where's Miro?), but they haven't been around as long, so it isn't as apparent. I just know when it's October they'll give some breadcrumbs to someone like a Dolph or a Big E, but by January Brock and/or Veteran A, B, C, will be back and everyone else will be pushed back down the card, so why bother getting invested in any of them?

That's why I can't get interested in Cody. I know it's different because he got hurt and would've been around wrestling the last 6 months or so, but how is it really that different from the Rock? Or Batista? Like I said, it just reeks of "I'll come back to the WWE if I can main event WM", and at the end of it all, that doesn't seem that different from what the Rock, Cena, Brock, etc. have been doing for the better part of the last 15 years.

I haven't watched every Bray segment. I know the basics of the storyline and I just kind of roll my eyes at it. I mean, we aren't that far off from wrestling with cockroaches projected into the ring. It's just cheesy and overwrought. BTW, Uncle Howdy didn't even come close to hitting LA Knight, lol.

I guess I'm just jaded with the WWE. I've been conditioned to think that nothing matters from Sept-January, and that's when all the guys I actually enjoy get the most TV time. Then it's back to the Brock Lesnars, and I'm sorry, I just can't muster the enjoy to care.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:51 am

About the women. Becky is back as the man, for a while I was digging her shorter hair and maniac attitude but now she's back as that :roll: Yes, I know what you mean, in the 80s & 90s you cared for just about everybody on the roster whether you watched WWF or WCW or both. I noticed this stuff come in the later 2000s then the 2010s really was a sucky time really because you didn't care for anybody except for whom they want you too and this whole thing. Out of those women I liked'em a lot but Becky & Charlotte was My least fave, I always loved Sasha & Bayley, IMO they were the closest duo we ever got like Trish & Lita. Now Shayna yes, I have always loved her, she was My fave of her group and yes they ruined her over & over :wwsmh: Bliss was never My fave, I saw too much Kelly Kelly in her eyes but yeah she's great on the mic, great wrestler and all that and I'm not really a fan of the spooky Bliss either, not that I'm against spooky stuff in wrestling cause I adore that, it's the way it's done :roll: Bianca is good, has talent and strength but there are times I like others more and yes her hair is dangerous in more ways than one.

I agree with you there on the men too. Ziggler & Roode should always be near the top whether they get titles or not, I haven't seen them in ages and they could have added much star power to the Royal Rumble but nope, guys like them are being wasted :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: AEW has too much talent and yeah, guys like Miro go missing so I think they need to make this way better. I know, if your not a part time monster then you better make the most of your screen time :roll:

I get it about Cody but really I'm quite interest in seeing where this goes and when it's all said and done. My prob for a long time and I said it before is that there is no ranking back up going from facing jobber to champ. AEW does this too I mean a big talent like Punk should have ranked himself up again Serpentico and so on especially after having not wrestled for over 7 years but that's the way it's been :roll: Guys like Cena should go for the titles they never had before like the IC belt but no, they come by for a little screen time and a big pay day instead of making their return interesting :roll: AEW is got enhancement talent to make it happen, WWE screwed this long ago where there is no tuneup up bouts I mean back in the day guys like Cody would have fought The Brookylyn Brawler and so on but no he went straight to Seth Rollins. What I'm saying is you learn how to ride a bike before you drive a car, you don't skip the bike and go straight to the car :roll:

Yeah, Wyatt can be quite staled & repetitive. I loved his Fiend stuff before the Bliss deal but it was ruined. It can be tough and there's a lot of cool stuff that is going on now like the Hit Row and The Viking Raiders & Valhalla but I'm afraid their going to get ruined. you said about Lacey Evans, she did some wonders in the Rumble but she get's so little time in the ring. I was surprised about Booker T in the Rumble but I don't think he should be one of those part time guys, I wasn't really impressed with him this time.

Oh, one other thing is the theme music. During both Rumbles I didn't know who was coming out most of the time unless it was Becky, Bayley/Damage CTRL, Lesnar, Lashley, Rollins, Drew & Sheamus & Booker because they changed many of their themes. I had to look on the trons or wait till the commentators said it to know who it was beforehand and most of these sound so lackluster, its quite pathetic...gosh I miss those days when a wrestler came out and you knew exactly who it was because of his/her music :roll:

Thanks for your reply PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:47 pm

Oh, don't get me started on Bobby Roode. It's a shame he's "only" 6'1", because if he was a couple inches taller, he'd have been a megastar in the WWE by now. There was a time when he first turned-on James Storm and won the TNA World Title that he was probably the best heel in the business. He was great on the mic, a great heel in the ring. He looks terrific. He's just too short for Vince. They need to give him a serious solo run with his Glorious music back.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:29 am

Oh I know, sure I love the big guys but when a guy has talent and people like'em and it'll get you big bucks then who cares about what you like, you like the all mighty dollar more so...but Vinnie Mac doesn't think that way unfortunately :roll: Hopefully Roode will get to be back soon with his Glorious gimmick cause that was pretty darn good :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Elimination Chamber is TO

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:02 am

It's the middle of the road to Wrestlemania, see it all on Peacock :o

Tonite is the WWE PLE Elimination Chamber and this one looks to be really strange yet quite exciting :batsmile:

ImageImage

Here is the cool Promos :batwink:

THE CARD, there is so much more that could be here but it's still looking good none the less :!:

Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar is going head to head once more. this feud is looking good and may wrap a controversial or clean climax because....

Bray Wyatt and his Uncle Howdy is after the winner of the bout...what is going on here :batconfused:

Now the Beth Phoenix & Edge vs. The Judgment Day (Finn Bálor & Rhea Ripley) in a Mixed Tag Team Match is going to be great. If you have been watching Rhea Ripley since her arise in recent months, she has been red hot in many ways and her story has been built up really good. In fact she maybe the hottest woman in WWE, perhaps of all wrestling today :shock: After winning the Women's Royal Rumble in one of the best Rumbles EVER SEEN IMO, there is no way she is going to be in a bittersweet moment in their match whether she & Balor are victorious or not but I don't see her momentum slowing down anytime soon :smwink:

Asuka vs. Carmella vs. Liv Morgan vs. Natalya vs. Nikki Cross vs. Raquel Rodriguez in an Elimination Chamber Match to determine the #1 Contender for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: This looks to be the weirdest Women's Chamber match since it's inception. Morgan is in the middle still, Cross is looking good, Rodrigues is too busy smiling instead of being an amazon monster, Nattie seems to be the same and Carmella seems so different since her miscarriage (darn it Graves) and Asuka being her Oni alter-ego is looking to be the best contender here. This will be a bizarre one but sure to be really fun however :wwwink:
:

Austin Theory (c) vs. Seth "Freakin" Rollins vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Bronson Reed vs. Damian Priest vs. Montez Ford in an Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE United States Championship: This is the first time I believe that the precious US Title is on the line in a Chamber Match :? Like the Women's it's gonna be a erratic one I mean Ford & Priest are really odd entrants here. Gargano may shine but I cannot see Rollins losing to him nor this match however Theory has been superb and he may redeem himself from last year however like then there is another monster that he has to overcome and that kaiju is Bronson Reed who suddenly returned and now he's in this match. I cannot see him losing this after the build up of him being the new force...not for a second :!:

Now this match, Roman Reigns (c) vs. Sami Zayn for the WWE Championship & WWE Universal Championship has the markings of being one of most talked about in recent times. Roman & The Bloodline's story has been built up quite good and in fact it's one of the best ones that has been solid in recent memory. With all that has happen and even though it's his home town, I cannot see Zayn winning this, if he does it will be the biggest upset since Daniel Brian's from 2014 :batshock:

The Kickoff is only in mere hours :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Thoughts, Predictions, talk about it :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT