Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: SURVIVOR SERIES WAR GAMES

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:33 am

Holy crap, it's SURVIVOR SERIES TIME, can you believe it :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Its not on Thanksgiving Eve or Thanksgiving Night like back in the day but a couple days after (man, three days in a row which is Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Survivor Series...WOW :batshock: :wwlol: :smlol: This one at first looked like it was gonna be so-so but then I started thinking about how great WAR GAMES is and I thought this is going to be totally radical :!: NXT no longer has it as HHH has brought it to the main roster as he should, I mean if you never saw the original War Games in the NWA/WCW by Dusty Rhodes in the old days then you have no idea what you missed. It was arguably the best event ever seen during it's year. NXT did it good with some incredible moments but it lacked the magic of the good ol' days.

Here is the commercial!

So there is going to be 2 of'em, 1 men, 1 women and this is what the card looks like so far :)

Drew McIntyre, Kevin Owens & The Brawling Brutes (Butch, Ridge Holland & Sheamus) vs. The Bloodline (Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Roman Reigns, Sami Zayn & Solo Sikoa) in the Men's WarGames match

So this one seems like it came out of the blue really then again with Roman & McEntyre it makes sense and all of the other guys are there to make it more interesting. It's really going to be radical how Roman is going to be I mean he's been tremendous all year long and I love it however that Owens & Zane are goin to be at it again I mean let's face it, their 2 guys you always want to see face or be together like Hogan & Macho, Bret & HBK. This match is the markings of being a classic and since Solo Sikoa & Sheamus is in it, I'm expecting this one to be quite a brutal & an exciting ride and I expect The Bloodline to win here :!:

Nikki Cross, Rhea Ripley & Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai & IYO SKY) vs. Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Bianca Belair, Mia Yim & ? in the Women's WarGames match

Now this here is going to be THE one of the night for sure, in fact I would get Peacock JUST FOR THIS MATCH ALONE :!: :batsmile: :wwshock: :smgrin: This one is got total awesomeness written all over it! I mean this is the women and I love the diversity that's here. We have 3 Asians 1 being Korean & 2 being Japanese, 1 English, 1 Aussie, 1 New Zealander, 1 Latina & 2 Americans one being Black and the other Caucasian PLUS there is 1 MYSTERY PARTNER for the babyface team and who could that be :? Well I hope it's Sasha Banks as there has been big time rumors of her being in the back stage area from recent events. If so then count her as a Latina too and what a match for her to be in, I love it when she goes hardcore and War Games would be so apropos for her so needed return. Now Damage CRTL and partners really needs the win here IMO but whomever wins it will be undoubtedly be a fabulous match and one of the greatest matches EVER in Survivor Series Event HISTORY :!:

Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Shotzi for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

This one is going to be quite interesting. Shame Shotzi ain't in War Games cause she can get quite insane at times. I expect Shayna to be in Rhonda's corner & Raquel Gonzales to be in the Philippinia's corner. I see Rousey winning this.

Seth "Freakin" Rollins (c) vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Austin Theory in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE United States Championship

This is going to be a good one. Lashley needs to win this from his awkward loss to Lesnar at Crown Jewel however since Austin Theory (the John Cena/Lance Storm/Brad Maddox hybrid) made one of the most absolute worst cash-ins ever a while back, he seriously needs to win this match to redeem himself especially since he's "all grown up" and no longer taking selfies.

AJ Styles (w/Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows & Mia Yim) vs. Finn Bálor (w/Damian Priest, Dominik Mysterio & Rhea Ripley)

SO here we go again with The OC but this time we get the cool Mia Yim returning in their corner to take care of the hot Rhea Ripley. AJ & Balor once more makes an interesting match especially since The Elite are back in AEW.

NOTE: Mia Yim's name has been changed like most of the roster (it's so stupid, I thought that HHH was going to fix this but I guess not :roll: which her new name is Michin which thanks to Karl Anderson it means "Crazy" in Korean.

So there's the card as I speak, it could change by time it's all said and done. It looks to be quite exciting and don't forget about the Kickoff Show on YT. By the way, I updated My classic WWF section and talked about classic WWF Survivor Series' on both pages so if you haven't seen it head on over there with a ton of content by Me :) So questions, thoughts, predictions about tonight's event...let it be known :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:57 am

It's not a bad card, I just don't watch WWE anymore. Maybe I'll find a free feed if I'm bored. I knew Mia YIm was back, didn't know they changed her name. That's dumb. It's not like she didn't wrestle in NXT as Mia Yim. At least she isn't in Retribution so I guess it's a step up, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:45 am

I see. Always bored PB. All the things to do. All of the AEW Darks and extras to watch and more elsewhere on YT, I've said it before, there's not enough time in the day to get everything done especially since the days are getting shorter and shorter :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Yeah and Mia Yim is her actual name like Bret & Owen Hart, John Cena & Randy Orton is their's.

I'll be back later to say My thoughts about the WWE Survivor Series War Games in time :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:55 pm

I caught an ad for this on TV and I was thinking "Is this what Survivor Series is now? 2 Cages/2 Rings? I thought that was WCW War Games?"
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:28 am

OK Acid, cool you saw an ad. I know you don't follow current WWE much. Yes, it an inspiration of WCW War Games, look for a write up and special stuff from Me including a special conference that was headlined by HHH and more soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:16 am

So before we begin My actual write up of the WWE Survivor Series: War Games, here is some important notes to go by. Others may think so what or just not interested but if your a big wrestling fan and love history like Me then you'll want to check this out :)

This year 2022 marks the 35th anniversary for the VERY FIRST WAR GAMES MATCH BEYOND match in 1987 that was the brain child of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes :!:

Here is the fandom page ---> https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_American_Bash_1987

War Games 92 marks the 30th Anniversary this year as Blond Surfer Sting (THE BEST STING) and his great Squadron face off against Paul E. Dangerously's DANGEROUS ALLIANCE :!:

Here is the fandom page ---> https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/WrestleWar_1992

WCW Fall Brawl at War Games 95 is My all-time fave with The Hulkamaniacs vs. The Dungeon of Doom

Here is the Fandom page ---> https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Fall_Brawl_1995

WCW Fall Brawl at War Games 96 is the one that happen when WCW fought the nWo for the first time when everything was changing marking the first "section of the Attitude Era was born :!:

Here is the Fandom page ---> https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Fall_Brawl_1996

This WCW Fall Brawl at War Games 97 is the one that has it's 25th Anniversary this year where the nWo fought the Horsemen :!:

Here is the Fandom page ---> https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Fall_Brawl_1997

This WCW Fall Brawl at War Games 98 was the one when Team WCW fought Team nWo vs. Team nWo Wolf Pack and this was THE LAST WCW War Games EVER :!: However, isn't it amazing that Roddy Piper was still here plus Hollywood Hogan & Bret Hart on the same team and how apropos that is was that this one had Sting and the brief appearance of THE WARRIOR :batsmile:

Here is the Fandom page ---> https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Fall_Brawl_1998

So three years or so later WCW ended along with ECW and wrestling was never the same. All of the classic stuff that we knew from 80s & 90s seemed dozens of decades ago rather than only a couple when wrestling just wasn't the same, weights & heights didn't matter and everything else that made wrestling so special is so lacking and this generation isn't helping because their following suit. Well, in the mid 2010s HHH wasn't having all of this modern stuff as he wanted to bring some the past back following the success of NXT being more popular than the main WWE main roster debacles. Being a wrestler originally, he knew the importance of the sport thus making War Games return in a nearly 20 year hiatus. Well this year in 2022 marks the 5th anniversary of when WAR GAMES made it's triumphant comeback in 2017 and while this generation may never seen or even heard of the title before much less knew of the wonderful history, they explained it pretty well during this time of why it came back and what it all meant :!:

NXT War Games 2017 - First Match!.jpg

2019 marked the FIRST EVER WOMEN'S WAR GAMES, I was quite excited about this added concept cause the women are arguably better than the guys at so much and they didn't fail whatsoever during this initial match and its been the same ever since :batsmile:

NXT War Games 2019 - First Womens's Match!.jpg

Of course there is many other great moments besides these and I may talk about them later in time, these that I just mentioned are ones that I felt to be the most crucial of them all. If you never saw any of the classic War Games matches then I seriously recommended that you do either on Peacock or WWE Network but there is options online where you can see them for free as well so next time when you got a lot time on your hands think about this, reliving these great events of the past is so darn great :batsmile:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, with some of that tremendous history said, here is My thoughts and more of Saturday's WWE Survivor Series.

So it begins with Ozzie Osborne, the WWE Hall of Famer in a big new video. I've never been a big fan of his but its really good as this video along with his song War Pigs fit quite well to the look & feel of this event.

So on Friday Night Smackdown it was revealed that Becky Lynch would be the mystery partner. While I was bummed that it wasn't Sasha, she was an appropriate entry for the babyface team plus as I mentioned above in My preview of the event, I said about the diversity of both teams, well she adds one more which is Irish :!:

WWE Survivor Series - War Games 2022 Women's Match 1.jpg

So here is the quick WWE NOW RECAP of Survivor Series: War Games :!:

Now you jjust saw the quick video above. Here is My notes:

0. There was no debuts as Survivor Series is known for however as they explained War Games IS THE ONE one that debuted which was OK, in this day & age you can't expect many out of the blue debuts anymore like yesteryear :roll:

1. They're still calling her Mia Yim and basically only calling her Michin as a nickname which a + here. I really loved the Women's War Games match. They were quite creative with bringing in the weapons and having a lot of big move spots. I loved Asuka's Kabuki/Muta Myst spot and how Ripley sold it. Amazing how Becky was getting beat up all the time then wins the match.

2. The match with AJ & Balor was pretty darn good. They mentioned about how they were The Bullet Club and how Balor started it. With AEW's Elite since day one, WWE has been trying to put these two in the spotlight one way or another and what way better to have them face off against each other. I think it was great & right how Styles one. Yim & Ripley were not in their due to their brutal match only minutes before hand.

3. Thanks to the MMA women, Gonzales couldn't make it to Shotzi's corner. She looked really good and beat up Rhonda a lot then just fell flat and looked like a jobber. Really a shame here :batsmh: Rhonda & Shayna are having the big moments together FINALLY :!:

4. The triple threat US Title match was pretty good. There was some really great spots here. In fact as much as it needed to be "The All Mighty", the match really belonged to Rollins & Theory. I was really astounded by how much they did to each other and how Theory kept up with the pace of the veterans and I loved how the surprise ending was how "The Now" Austin Theory is the new US Title holder. It was weird that I never liked him before, I never liked his face cause he has a face I do not trust and I've always thought of him being a John Cena/Lance Storm/Brad Maddox hybrid but since he dropped that silly selfie gimmick and chose to "grow up", I was all for him in this match and here he wins, again I found this kinda strange :?

5. The Men's War Games match between The Bloodline & the Brawling Brutes. First I knew this match was going to be a good one but not as good as the women. These guys just weren't as creative as them as they hardly got any weapons out whatsoever compared to them and there was still stock left. There was a huge tension between Zayn & Owens whether if Sammy was with him and betray The Bloodline or if he was an honorary Uce all the way. It was kind of a long a retelling back in 95 of whether or not Hogan, Macho & Sting could trust Luger or not like a lot of retelling over the years like Batman Begins for example (why can't this generation just look for the past instead of rehashing most of everything :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: There was a lot of good spots. Roman really didn't do as much as one would think he would but when it was all said and done it was all Zayn as when Owens was pinning Roman, Sammy stopped the Ref from counting via grabbing his arm, this was THE ANSWER The Bloodline needed and then before you knew it all of their opponents fell and the Samoans & Syrian Canadian was victorious :!:

Overall I think it was a decent Premium Live Event/PLE. Of course like any event I have My squabbles and whatnot but it had some darn good moments. Really, WWE has been having some decently exciting times during their PLEs. Crown Jewel (I just previewed & wrote that up a while back) was darn good and so on. If your just unbiased and just want to be entertained then I say your in for a great time but if your not then expect to have mixed emotions but either way today's WWE may not match yesterday's great fun but it's still one heck of a fun time :batwink: :wwwink: :smwink:

WWF Survivor Series: War Games Press Conference with Sammy Zayn & Paul Heyman, Becky Lynch & Bianca Belair and HHH. DO NOT skip when HHH appears, there is some important moments that he talks about + a bit of news as well.

So next is the WWE Royal Rumble 2023 which this event has always been My fave, I cannot wait for THIS :!:

So there you have it, I hope you liked My special NWA/WCW & NXT War Games history and as well as My little notes for the WWE Survivor Series: War Games :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Royal Rumble is TONIGHT!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:27 am

Before we begin, this great stuff is on Peacock and the WWE Network as I speak :)

As you know, The Royal Rumble is My fave WWF event of all, in fact this is what I began this topic two years ago already with, amazing how much it's progressed :o I have posted many great moments in the general WWF/WWE section about the event as well others so if if haven't seen it go over there and check it out :) Tonight is the WWE Royal Rumble, I have been waiting patiently to see it and now its' almost upon us :batsmile:

Here is the first promo :!:

The Main Promo :wwwink:

THE MATCHES & MORE :smgrin:

NOTE: More matches to be possibly added as of this writing :shock:

Bray Wyatt vs. LA Knight in a Pitch Black Match: This is going to be awesome. I got mixed emotions about how this Wyatt deal is being handled especially since Alexa Bliss is involved again however I'm digging that LA Knight is back to top form as he was in NXT compared to his model gimmick. I hope this match goes where I hope it will and Uncle Howdy is actually NOT Bray. I'm sure it's going to be at least somewhat decent in this first soda themed by name bout :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blhal: :blmm: :blbaf: :blaq:

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Alexa Bliss for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: So, as noted above, Bliss is having yet another connection Bray Wyatt, will this match have connections with the Pitch Black Match as well or will it be a regular match :? I never see Bliss as champ due to her health scares nor can I see Bianca losing the title before Wrestlemania so I believe the the winner will be obvious :batsmile: :wwwink: :smummm:

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Kevin Owens for the WWE Championship & WWE Universal Championship: So here we go again with yet another rematch which I believe this will complete a trilogy of sorts. As much as KO needs this/these Championship(s) I cannot see him winning especially if Roman's incredible streak is going to continue and is going to defend at WM. It's going to be a great match I'm sure but It's going to be a similar one like the Women's title bout however I believe the KO/Zayne saga will escalate somewhere here or soon after :)

By The Numbers :!:

The WWE Mens & Women's Royal Rumble Matches:

WOMEN'S ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH: Only Liv Morgan, Raquel Rodriguez, Candice LeRae, Shayna Baszler, Zelina, Vega, Emma, Lacey Evans, Bayley, Dakota Kai, IYO SKY, Xia Li have been entered, there will be more :wwsmile:

MEN's ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH: Only Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, Ricochet, Bobby Lashley, Seth "Freakin" Rollins, Austin Theory, Gunther, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Omos, Braun Strowman, Baron Corbin, Santos Escobar, Rey Mysterio, Karrion Kross, Brock Lesnar, The Miz, Xavier Woods has entered the fray, more will be seen :smgrin:

WWE Hall of Famers make their Predictions including "The Hulkster" who won 2 of'em himself back in 1990 & 1991 :!: We also have "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair whom won the 92 Rumble for the vacated WWF Championship as well as "The King" Jerry Lawler, Teddy Long, HBK Shawn Michales whom won two in a row in 1995 & 1996 and we also have "Six-Pac" Sean Waltman & "The Roadie/Road Dogg" Jesse James. Also we have AEW turncoat DDP (who predicts another fellow AEW backstabber Cody Rhodes will win it cause it would be a great story) and finally we have Alundra "Madusa Miceli" Blayze talkin her stuff and possibly a hint of her future :o

WWF HOFs talking about RR23 - 1.jpg

OK, so you just saw that little special of WWE Hall of Famers giving their opinions on who is going to win which some picked the same contestants. This is how I think it's going to go down in short:

WOMEN'S RUMBLE: Going to be some surprises like from NXT and some HOF (Alundra JUST GAVE YOU THE HINT! Last women in, Rhea, Becky, Charlotte, HOF entrant, Nikki Cross & Bayley. I hope B-Fab & Valhalla do good here, their two of My hot faves right now. As hot as she is and much as she needs to I do not see Bayley winning it as I predict that Ripley will win it. If you have been watching her over the past several months she has been red hot in not only looks but also in her status with the Judgement Day as she has done most of everything with them and is on a big winning streak and not to mention how she & Bianca were the last two in the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble a while back (I covered the whole event visually, go to the first page to see it all in it's entirety!) so now it's Rhea's time :!:

MEN'S RUMBLE: Like the women, there's going to be some surprises like from NXT & HOF. The last 6 or so men will be Lesnar & Lashley which I cannot wait to see them at it again. Omos, Strowman, Rollins, Surprise Entrant & Cody Rhodes. I believe the last man will be Cody and I believe one surprise will spoil and ruin the whole match and that surprise entrant will be none other than...
Spoiler:
THE ROCK

If I am correct and Cody doesn't win and never gets a title shot of any kind nor title then his betrayal to AEW will be for nothing and will be the worst decision he ever made...mark My words :!:

People, you got predictions of your own, thoughts, talk about it :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:57 am

I actually watched part of SD for the first time in maybe 8 months or so. I pnly watched about a half hour or so though. I must say, I like the new Lacy Sgt Slaughter like gimmick. She's damn good, too. I wasn't really crazy that they announced so many wrestlers in the Rumble already. Half the fun is never really knowing who will be out next, but when you announce 20 guys already it ruins a lot of the fun. We know Baron Corbin is probably coming out, and yes, it's disappointing when it happens, but it's even more of a downer when we know in advance. At least to me.

I might try to find a feed of it, but there's also a few games I need to watch tonight in the Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bandits, so not sure how much I'll actually watch.

I know Rock was always the big rumor and Cody seems like plan 1A, but it sounds like they need to be careful with Sami as they might be creating another Daniel Bryan monster on their hands. If the Rock shows up last minute and eliminates Sami and/or Cody they might have another Blue-tista (which still makes me laugh) on their hands. But I don't know. Rocky might b bulletproof at this point.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:14 pm

Spoiler:
I used to like Cody Rhodes but I absolutely can't stand his incessant need to be beloved by fans. It's very off-putting. Maybe if I were 8 and this was 1985 I'd find him compelling, but I just find it all so fake. I don't know if Dusty didn't give him enough love as a child, but there's just something so unauthentic about his whole schtick. He should change his theme to "Lovefool" by the Cardigans. I really can't stand him anymore.

"Look at me! Love me!" Blah!

The Men's Rumble was pretty paint by numbers meh. No real interesting surprises and just a bunch of midcard fodder. Everything after so far (the Mountain Dumb match and the Women's title) were just matches a child might like. I'd honestly feel embarrassed watching this with friends who weren't wrestling fans. What happened to the WWE?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:09 pm

Well good. Yeah Lacey has been off & on altering herself. If she can stop being pregnant and actually focus on wrestling maybe she'd go somewhere cause she's always at the back of the line :roll: Of course games are on tonight. Yeah, it does but it still allows for about 10 more to be a mystery. I'm not sure if the JBL thing with Corbin is going over, I'm not seeing it and with today's society is really hard to please'em. Yes he was and & Cody was too, I believe Rock was plan A & Cody was Plan B. I'll know the results and post about it in time :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT