Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:02 am

I never had the opportunity too but that sounds really fun PB ;) That was cool MB one there :schal:

Here is two Sega Genesis commercials that are variants and both are basically 30 years ago depending on how you see it :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

This is from 92, this version of the system is the first one I played when My Grandma rented it for Me in 92/93 for Easter at Our usual Blockbuster Video across the street from Walgreens that you saw in My Glory Days of Video Rentals showcase :)

Here is the 93 version and this is the system that I have :)

Remember when kids (US) were like this with Our friends...gosh I miss those days :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:52 am

I used to rent the Genesis too just to play Bulls vs Lakers and Madden. Not sure when I finally got one, it must've been around 92-93.

I like this one because there's a couple actors from Gremlins 2. Remember, no Gremlins in the projection booth!

Damn, I love that scene!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:39 am

That is cool just for that :o Ah yes Hogan's cameo, it's a darn good scene but could you believe his scene was deleted on the VHS version :shock: It still boggles Me to this day :?

That was a cool commercial, never seen it before. Oh that was Dan & Don Stanton. After G2: TNB in 1990, they were in 1991's T2: Judgment Day. They were also in 2003's Looney Tunes back in Action, I don't recall them in anything else after that.

Speaking of 1990, here is the great White Castle one, White Castle is arguably My fave of all :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:23 am

I"ve only had White Castle once, on our honeymoon in San Diego and that was because Harold and Kumar was popular so we wanted to try it. It isn't a chain that is located anywhere nearby.

Come on, Pookie!

Speaking of local, Mighty Taco is a local chain. Just saw this this year.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:46 am

Gosh, only once :roll: Wow, you got a great Honeymoon memory there PB ;) Yeah, unfortunately their not everywhere. I feel for you cause they are so good. If I had an option to eat at any burger place right now it would be White Castle...they were My Grandpa's fave and they really became Mine as well. You haven't had a big meal till you have their Double Sliders, Cheese Fries & Onion Rings, Chicken Rings, Mozz Sticks & Fish Nibblers and their Marinara is so good too. I might have been a McDonald's kid but I became a White Castle Guy. This reminds Me, later on I'll have another White Castle to showcase in My Vintage :)

NOTE: It was so cool back in the day cause We'd shop at Venture and then go right down on Kingshawy, there was McDonalds and right next to'em is a White Castle...sadly Venture has been gone nearly 25 years now but those two are still there...I have a lot of childhood history over in that area :)

Oh that was sweet of that local Taco chain you have there, I bet their fantastic and that was really good PB :schal:

I do love Jack in the Box however...My Grandma used to call them Jack in the Crack...this one was from 1997...25 years ago this year...one thing that always puzzled Me...so many burger places only have Breakfast food in the morning like McDonalds stop serving their's by 11:00AM...JITB serves it 24 hours a day/7 days a week...why not do it there I mean their great and it's a total no brainer :?

INCOMING :scmm:

Here is these Atari ones including E.T. for his 40th...

A Christmas Japanese Sega Saturn commercial...oh its one of the few game systems I always wanted that i never got but who knows, maybe one day ;)

Here's this Sega Saturn Christmas one...

And then here's this....

:scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:07 am

Those were all really good. You don't see many game commercials anymore. I guess they sell themselves now.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:34 am

I thought so. Boy ain't that the truth :shock:

Ah, Cookie Crisp, them were so good. Gosh, another one from 1992, 30 years ago this year :o

Oh man, I never saw this one before till NOW :o :shock: :wwshock: :smgasp: :scbat:

Here is this awesomely funny one...look at those titles like Turok 2 & Rogue Squadron...I LOVE THIS N64 one :schal:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:05 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:31 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:41 am

Those were great Trix & Kraft commercials there, I don't recall ever seeing them before :scaq: :scww: :scsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions