Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:31 am

Its been a long time since I saw that one.

I wanted to see Anna and the Apocalypse at the show but didn't and still haven't seen it.

You did the first one, I'll finish it with the sequel :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:37 am

I haven't seen Anna and the Apocalypse but it certainly looks unique.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:49 am

Indeed.

It'd funny, I just was thinking about this the other...there we go again :? Oh The Family Man. I have a very sour thing about that one. I have briefly mentioned him...long story. Danny Elfman did the music. In 2000 (the year 2000 was a huge movie year & movie score year, it's still one of the biggest & one of My favorites even to this very day I type this) I met a fellow lover of movie music named Nathan on Napster...his screen name was NatRebo (Nathan & Max Rebo the blue musician for Jabba in SW: ROTJ). We had a good friendship, we'd trade movie scores & soundtracks all the time and it was fun, he was on of only 3 people I could talk to about movie music at the time (Wasabi from Japan & FTP Guy - I hope their still doing good) and he'd even ripped Isolated scores from DVDs for Me, it was fun with him online then when he got Danny Elfman's Family Man score cause it was only released as a promo so it was extremely rare (it was so fun getting rare scores during that era ) and we got in a big argument about this and he called Me a liar and all this crap...it hurt and I broke our friendship up and I never talked to him again... I still have the stuff he gave Me however which I may get into talking about this more later on.

So I never forgot this about The Family Man and all that but it as the movie goes I never seen it nor do I have any intention to..maybe one day :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:02 pm

The Family Man is ok. It's Nic Cage so it automatically gets bumped up a grade. We saw it in the theater. It was fine. I wouldn't say it was anything memorable, or something I'd go out of my way to watch again, but it was fine.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:00 am

I see, cool you that you saw it at the show. Cage is great and stuff.

Here is Jingle All The Way 2. It stars Larry the Cable as a character named Larry (yes, another actor that goes by his own real name in movies and another Larry that I think is OK ;), that balding guy that you see in a lot and also WWE Alumni Santino Marella. I thought that this was a good cute movie. While it isn't a direct sequel, it has a similar concept like the first one but it's not Turbo Man, this time it's Harrison Bear. Santino isn't comic relief, he's like a regular guy here. I think it was a fun film, I think today's kids would like it :schal:

NOTE: Ain't it strange that in 1996 there was all that hype with the first one and that Paul "The Giant" Wight was in it (Hogan got him that part) and Hollywood Hogan was in Santa With Muscles at the same time then in 2014 WWE Studios makes a sequel to JATW with Santino in it :?

If anybody is interested, the Full movie is on YT, while the films really have no relation with each other, I do suggest that you watch them back to back to get the whole wrestling connection & similar story scenarios with it :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:08 am

I've seen parts of the second one but it seemed kind of convoluted and not really good from what I've saw so I haven't watched the whole thing. I didn't even know Santino was in it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:04 am

It was petty good PB, good fun humor ;)

That was ok, amazing how Ray Donovan was in drag :roll:

Here is Christmas Vacation 2 from 2003, this one was pretty good too, I loved that Quaid was back as Cousin Eddie, some parts of it was purely insane :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:13 am

I have not seen that. I kind of lost faith in National Lampoon's after Vegas Vacation. It's one of the few movies I ever rented that I didn't watch the entire movie.

Was thinking of watching this tonight with the kids....

Addendum: We did watch this tonight and it was pretty good. Kurt Russell makes for a good Santa. I guess there's a sequel, too.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:43 am

Oh give it a chance, it has really good classic humor, not as good as the first one but its still good and Uncle Eddie is Uncle Eddie :schal:

That looks good and it's great that you watched it :) I'm a big Kurt Russel fan, I might check it out later...He's Santa, not Yoda :lol: :batshock: :wwlol: :smsmh:

Here is the Home Alone movies which are so fun....I saw the first 1 @ the Kingsland in 1990 (I loved that theater!)...HA 2 came out in 1992 & HA 3 came out in 1997, they both have their 30th & 25th anniversaries respectively this year :o

We talked about A Christmas Story about how TBS & TNT would have 24 hours of it...well I just watched the first 2 Christmas Story movies, the 2nd one was good (I'm not that hard to satisfy) so...

As a super bonus here is this that just came out this year :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:11 am

A Christmas Story Christmas is worth a watch just for the nostalgia.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions