Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:46 am

WOW, yeah I just saw it tonite a few hours ago PB and thought I should post it here :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:45 am

Woah, check out the names here...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:17 am

Wow, that is unbelievable, 1982...40 years ago THIS YEAR...I never saw that before :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I was mostly a McDonald's kid but later I liked White Castle, Steak'n Shake, Hardees, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, Sonic, and of course Burger King :) Thompson still looked like Marty McFly's Mom, Shue looks so young and Gellar is just a little girl :o I was never crazy about Gellar but don't get Me wrong, she is quite good with her Buffy, IKWYDLS, Scooby-Doo, Grudge & Ringer roles but boy-o-boy I was about Thompson & Shue...Thompson was in Jaws 3 as a hottie but man she was smoking hot in Howard the Duck (I still get tears in My eye cause how good she was...remember how I said how I felt about She-Ra, well I felt like that about her, she was so sweet and had that great 80s rock star look too!)...Shue was in Link & Adventures in Babysitting which I really liked her in both of'em...Thompson & Shue were BOTH in the Back to the Future movies (Shue didn't appear till the second one however, weird..Thompson is Marty's Mom, Shue is Marty's girlfriend/wife!)...they were in other stuff of course after that but they actually were in a CSI Nevada show TOGETHER in a special reunion episode when their in their 50s or so in late 2013/early 2014...I totally flipped out about that moment cause they were My major childhood crushes and here they are together ONE MORE TIME :batsmile:

That was so great PB, thanks for that one :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

Here is this one I found when I saw that vid you just provided...Elisabeth Shue shines really nice here but Thompson is quite sweet here with the Baseball...check this :schal:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:48 am

Yeah, I never knew of any of these BK commercials. Pretty neat.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:43 am

Wow, it's is Lew Heyward 10 year before Scrooged :o :batshock: :scww: :scsm: Cool PB ;)

Speaking on 1988 ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:30 am

IFC replayed that Pee Wee Christmas special several years ago. Wished they would've done it yearly.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:49 pm

I don't know if I ever saw that Pee Wee special. Looks like I have some more to watch. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:30 pm

Then you truly haven't lived.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:27 am

Those were both amazing. Well keep on looking PB, online should have have it for free somewhere ;)

You said about how great 1986 was before...well with all of this Nintendo & even Atari Christmas commercials and all that, there hasn't been any Sega yet. I know it costs more than a NES at the time but still gosh Sega was so underrated. I may have some more Sega for later :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:14 pm

The only time I ever played the Master System was at Hills. I loved going there and playing Rocky.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions