Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:47 am

I see.

Ah Krampus! I have talked about this great one before. Despite it having dark humor, it's really fun. I had the opportunity to see it twice back to back at the show in 2015 but no, I made the stupid decision to see The Good Dinosaur instead...worst movie out of the dozens upon dozens I haven seen at the show :x Anyway Krampus is a tremendous one and has one of the best Christmas scores ever!

I was waiting to see when Krampus would make it here and so he came and I waited to post 2018's Slay Belles. This was a really dandy movie. It has Krampus & Mr. & Mrs. Clause with 3 great looking women (the one in Blue is the Cuchi Girl on YT :o I really recommend this one especially with the climax of the film. I might elaborate on this further in My Horror topic cause its really cool This too has a tremendous score, check it out in the music section :blbat: :scww: :scsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:13 am

What the Belles was that? I'd never heard of that but it looks pretty interesting.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:54 am

Oh yes is, it's really a must see especially if your a fan of mixed dark comedy & horror. It's quite unique really. ONS needs to see this film since he likes women, I would imagine he'd like'em. Oh and the story about Mrs. Clause is really a left field one and most probably won't expect it.

Never new about Adam's Eight Crazy Night, dang 2002, 20 years ago this year, really cool :schal:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:42 pm

Yeah, I caught it on HBO back in the day. Wasn meh.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:51 am

I never saw that one before, Amazing, Santa, Devil, All seeing Eye :o I gotta see this soon :scmm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:42 am

I first saw on MST3K.

My son loved trains when he was a little younger, so I've seen this countless times. My wife still cries at the end.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:43 am

This movie (Polar Express) is sooo good. :)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:59 am

Polar Express I got it on DVD when it first came out at My then new Target in their really cool video department. I kinda gambled in a way with it cause rental places were already a thing of the past in 2004/2005 (so sad) and I didn't want to Red Box it (who was in-part responsible for those great times ending as you know form My Glory Days of Video Rentals Showcase) and I was contemplating about Netflix (they didn't have a streaming service till a bit later, you actually could rent DVDs thru them in actual mail) cause I couldn't buy every DVD I saw cause of mollah and because I just wasn't interested in all of'em.

Here is Robert Zemeckis' other great CGI Christmas film from 2009...A Christmas Carol. I wanted to see this at the show (it was still Wehrenberg, not Marcus, never thought they's be bought out) along with 2012 and My Grandma paid My way for that night (the 2 films & dinner there, I mostly went alone when I'd go to the show). Anyway I saw it on the IMAX and I still recall how wowing this film was on the huge 50 foot tall & wide screen and it was really a remarkable time :scbat: :scww: :scsm: ! I soon bought the film on DVD as well.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:41 am

I've seen bits and pieces of that but never watched it start to finish. I guess I've seen so many versions of a Christmas Carol that it's hard to watch another, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:49 am

I just saw the George C Scott one recently.

That Anna and the Apocalypse one looks pretty crazy. Worth watching?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions