Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:23 pm

15 Days til Christmas...just over TWO weeks!!!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:08 am

I was never a major Drew Carey fan but the show had it's moments. I really liked Katy Selverstone, she looked really good in that clip which that was an ok segment. Hard to believe that Drew is a WWE Hall of Famer :shock:

I really never watched Head of the Class but that tiny clip was nice.

Ah that is a fantastic compilation of Skeletor from the Christmas Special. I always loved that bit of how he turned good just for that brief time and caused Hordak all that trouble :batsmile: :wwwink: :smgrin:

Cool ALF, did he ever get that right :?:

That was a great vid of the 70s for Christmas. Amazing how Sears & Atari joined up. Dang, Them kids had Alien...I hope they still have him cause he is pure toy history :!: That whole video was amazing PB :)

I just found this, I really miss these times too but this kid had his moments even now :scbaf: He got Jimmy Hart, I am thankful very much that My Grandma got Me the WCW version when & how she did so I know how special it was :(

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:11 am

You're vid isn't playing. Might be missing a letter or a -
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:21 am

OK, thanks for letting Me know. Check it out now :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:32 am

Surprised anyone would be excited getting Jimmy Hart, lol. I kid. That kind of remind sme of the Liberty Mutual commercial I posted recently. My son is going to be like that this Christmas. He likes collecting NASCAR cars, and between new ones I got in stores, and old ones I got on ebay, he's up to 39 1:64 (Hot Wheels size) NASCAR cars this Christmas. I've been wrapping them like 6-8 per shirt box, and will drop a couple in his stocking, too. He already has over 100, and if you picked one up he could tell you who the driver is. I don't even remember half of them and I paid for them, lol.

I liked The Drew Carey Show. I actually had a bit of a thing for Selverstone back then. I had to write a report on the show in high school, so I watched the first few seasons but after Christa Miller left for Scrubs it wasn't quite as good and I lost track of the last few years. It's in reruns now on Retro TV, so I sometimes watch if nothing else is on.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:49 am

14 Days til Christmas...that's it...two weeks left!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:38 am

He was really like a chase PB plus he was manger and that pesky guy you saw all the time, he was a must for display. My Grandma couldn't get Me the LJN Jimmy Hart but I had said in My Grandma's tribute and also in My WCW OSTM showcase. I'll repeat it..He was special to Me because My Grandma asked the guy at Target to see if they had him and others in the stock room and sure enough they did have Jimmy Hart plus The Nasty Boys & Harlem Heat...she did this while I was in the hospital in 1995...it was such a great day for Me. Go see them topics to see the whole thing :)

That was a good Saved by the Bell :schal:

Carlton dances was good.

Ah I loved that motivational Santa with Chris Farley, he was one of the best and truly the last of the great ones :roll:

Not really familiar with this show Wings but that clip was ok.

Christmas in 60s was truly the big bang for the Christmas we'd first know and to grow up with and that vid was amazing :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

Here is this great WWF Prime Time Wrestling with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Gorilla Monsoon & "Santa Claus" Heenan. This is FANTASTIC. Gosh I miss these days of the WWF...this was so good and it was the last of the 80s :o :schal:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:14 am

13 Days til Christmas...that's a baker's dozen of days! Anyone baking?

Man, PIper looked so young. The Bolsheviks!

You never saw Wings. It was a pretty funny show in the early 90s. Thursday nights on NBC.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:47 am

Yeah, Piper looked great!

I see. Nope I didn't. Wings had Monk before he was Monk! Yeah, sometimes I feel like that way too :roll:

That was a nice short bit of Quantum Leap :)

I always thought it was funny (weird, not ha ha) how Mamma's Family was I mean she's a young gal playing an older one. However I think because of this I like the look of older women with grey hear when they look good face wise. Cate Blanchett made older women look great in The House with a Clock in its Walls :batsmile:

From that one to Golden Girls, they were pretty good and so was that clip..

Oh boy, Christmas items of 1984 - Wow that Ice Scraper looked really handy, I think We had one of those at some point during those years. More CPK & Transformers...such a great time :scaq:

Ah Christmas in the 1950s, man we're really going back to the past with these vids. That was another great one :scmm:

Here is this great but fast paced Die Hard commercial from 2020...Clarence Gilyard Jr. whom played Theo the master hacker in the first Die Hard reprises his role here as well as De'voreaux White as Argyle.

Nobody mentioned this before but very recently Clarence Gilyard Jr. past away at 66 :roll: I always enjoyed his "everyman" role in Matlock :roll:

Here is his Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Gilyard

Clarence Gilyard Jr. 1..jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:10 am

He was the computer guy in Die Hard? Geez, I feel old. RIP.

13 Days til Christmas....a Baker's Dozen of Days...who's baking?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions