Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Music

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Music

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:24 am

I hadn't listened to those Colbert songs in years, since I lost my CDs I made, but they hold up pretty well. Hopefully you give 'em a listen because they're pretty funny and clever. Here's the rest of them, there's a song from Feist, too, but I don't care for that one as much. I really want to watch the special now.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:45 am

Shame you lost your CDs PB :roll: Those are pretty good. The man just isn't a talk show host, he is talented in other categories so I'll give'em that :)

Here is 2000's Reindeer Games by Alan Silvestri!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:47 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:53 am

That was a very good one by Frank Sinatra :schal:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:44 am

It's one of my favorites.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:17 pm

What the Faith Hill one or the Frank Sinatra one?
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:48 pm

Oh, that was in response to Brandon, so the Sinatra song. The Faith Hill is fine, just wouldn't make my top-10 like the Sinatra song probably would.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:52 pm

Yeah but Faith sure is easy on the eyes.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:03 pm

Such an awful movie, though.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:26 am

Oh no doubt that it is PB, it's quite fantastic ;) Faith's song for the 2000 Grinch was dandy too. Christmas where have you gone :? That's not all I wonder with this day & age :roll: She is quite beautiful and IMO a better singer and far more talented compared to this generation's obsessed-with idols. I loved it when a movie studio went all out budget wise and basically continued the movie in a bonus scene for a music video...after all this was still during the time when MTV was still MTV (Me & PB talked about this a ton in his music topic) but it wouldn't last too much longer :roll: Now movie studios only do it once in a while :roll:

Here is the main title of the 2000 Grinch by the legendary James Horner. He was simply one of the best ever. He was arguably My Grandpa's favorite. He's the one I talked about that got killed in a plane crash back in 2016 :( Listen to this wonderful piece :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions