Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:20 pm

I think Sean Astin's brother was in the Garbage Pail Kids movie.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:55 am

Those were really good PB. I loved the WWF one, gosh those were some days. Amazing you put Mario (I seen that one before, I seen most of'em back in the day) there right after Albano on the WWF one after Nintendo after that, cool list there. Oh I remember K & K, they were a sister store to KB, It was amazing going to both stores 2 Crestwood in the same day...gosh I miss those days too :roll: Nice PB :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:02 am

17 Days til Christmas...you better start wrapping!

I don't recall if I ever saw the GPK movie. No recollection.

When I was a kid my mom worked at AM&A's department store downtown. It was a huge store with 7 or 8 floors of departments. I remember taking the elevator to whatever floor she worked on because I hated escalators back then. Outside on they had those big display windows you'd see like in Elf that stretched down the street, and at Christmas they'd set up animatronic Christmas displays. Man, I loved those. But like many stores, they went out of business. But a few years ago a nearby town got ahold of some of the displays and they set them up, but it isn't the same. I know other stores in other cities had similar displays, maybe even better, but I'll always remember these.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:16 pm

:scsm: :scbat: :scww: :scbaf: :schal: :scaq: :scmm:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:56 pm

I really wish Perfect Strangers was on TV somewhere. There's a couple shows from the 80s I haven't seen in ages that I'd love to catch some episodes of. ON the digital antenna I often catch eps of Growing Pains, Wings, Alice, My Two Dads, Family Ties, Head of the Class, but there's other shows I'd love to find somewhere.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:42 pm

For a while, Perfect Strangers was airing for a couple of years on one of those old school TV show channels but then it stopped. I own most of the seasons on DVD, though. It was just that good to me that I needed it on DVD. It still holds up.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:56 pm

I'm too lazy for DVDs. I don't even own a DVD player anymore.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:18 am

Oh I seen TGPK movie many times back in the day when I was a youngster, My Grandma first rented it for Me over at Movie King. It was pretty good IMO.

That was a great story you told there with great pics as well as the video PB :) Shame there's very few people that reminiscent times & locations like these. I mean doesn't people think about their childhood places and stores they went too and look how they changed/are gone and think gosh, I gotta do something about that :?: :roll: Well this is how I am and when I see My fave video, toy store and plaza gone or looks totally nothing like it was before :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: You know how important Mine are to Me. Unfortunately when people don't talk about these sort of things, those times & locations go into oblivion which I have said numerous times so that's one of the big reasons why I do Mine and I see you have a thing for it too ;) Oh I loved the escalators, I used go up & down on them all the time at Famous-Barr that I showcased & also at South County mall going to them stores like KB & Sears in Crestwood. I used really enjoy just standing on them looking above Me and down at the plebeians as they get smaller/higher and then I look and I'm like bingo...here's the floor where all the goodies are :batsmile:

That Family Matters was cool, My Grandma loved Reginald VelJohnson especially how he was in Die Hard. That office was ok, I really never liked that show and how he was was with hurrying up to get to the next person :roll: Good ol' Alec :roll: Dang, if the head elf is like that...how in the heck is Santa :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Amazing how good cable companies & TV stations are :x I used to complain how there was hundreds of channels yet there was never anything you really wanted to watch :roll: I mean I always wanted to see old WWF & WCW wrestling (surprisingly ESPN had old AWA on for a time), old TV shows that were actually good (like your Perfect Strangers for example)...is all there is these reality shows and rarely anything quite decent :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Dang PB, with you being bored all the time and now lazy for DVDs I don't know how you do anything at all ;) You know there's ways to watch these shows on the web. I'm sure you could find them all free. Remember when I gave you the link for Daffy Duck's Quackbusters :?: I know some free places..as Big Poppa Pump would say..."I'm your Hook Up" ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:21 pm

16 Days til Christmas...you better be good...!

Eh, I get by on the ol' DVR.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:30 am

Have it your way PB :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

Ah, Sledge Hammer, I think I saw most of the episodes during its run (My Grandpa loved that show, he recorded it as much as he could and then I loved it too) but boy-o-boy I do not recall that Christmas one, that was really good...I miss that show and IMO I don't think there's not one program that even comes close to the caliber (pun intended) that Sledge Hammer had :schal:

I really never watched the Brady Bunch, only once in a blue moon when I was waiting for cartoons or wrestling to be on long ago. It never really interested Me but that clip was pretty nice, same thing with The Wonder Years which as you know I was more familiar with Fred Savage in Little Monsters & The Wizard. I'm not really familiar with The Ten of Us.

Oh man that 80s special was quite good. This makes Me recall how My Christmas moments was back when I was a youngster. Seeing them kids opening up their NES was so astounding, there was never anything like getting your first NES :) I don't think times like this would ever be happening again with NES, MOTU, POP, SW, TRAS, CPK and more all under the same tree. I'd really like to see kids of today to watch this very video and see the looks on their face and to know what they think of how OUR Christmas times were :) the young gal at the climax was sweet looking, I miss the looks of women back then too :roll: This was a great vid PB :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions