Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:51 am

Before I get to My AEW Full Gear write up, PB, did you take advantage of their 10 Days of Black Friday :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:15 am

No, I don't usually buy wrestling shirts online. At least current ones, I just bought a Hulkamania shirt from Penneys because it was $8.99. But I usually get a XXL shirt fro comfort, and prowrestling tees/ShopAEW charges extra for XXL, so I don't buy from them.

I do want me some foam giant scissors, though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:36 am

OK I see, dang charging extra, I did not know that :batsmh: :wwsmh: :wwsmh:

Well knowing how popular they are you better get'em ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:07 am

So here we go FINALLY with My write up for AEW FULL GEAR. There has been such a lack of talk here but there's gonna be a lot to talk about here now, it's up to you counter speak it since there is this opportunity :) One thing about AEW compared to WWE, they have a ton of content to watch on their YT such as their 2 Dark shows. If you grew up & watched classic WWF & WCW in the morning and even late at night on the weekends when they had their shows such as WCW Power Hour & World Wide & WWF Superstars & Mania before the days of the Attitude Era when wrestling was still truly classic then you'll get a similar feeling while these shows every week to get that "extra" AEW action if your wanting more because you'll see talent there that you don't see on the main show especially the women. Plus it gives you something really good to do in the time frame when you ain't got much else to do to. Another thing I really like that they do is their Control Center. It strongly reminds Me of the old days when WWF would have their PPV reports with such greats as Mean Gene Okerlund, Sean Mooney, Lord Alfred Hayes, Gorilla Monsoon & Todd Pettengill :) Thing is it's usually presented by Tony Schiavone whom I talk about here yet nobody ever says anything about him and I have no idea why :roll: He was the voice of WCW till the end not to mention he had a stint in the WWF in 1990. Anyway its really fun to watch especially if your catching up to the programs and missed out on things before hand. Here is his report before AEW Full Gear occurred :batsmile:

So here we go with the actual event write up. I really like how they have these Zero Hour pre/kick off shows now as they give you even more wrestling and in their own way is a bit of a PPV their-selves despite their on YT.

Zero Hour Pre Show: Danhausen, Orange Cassidy, Rocky Romero & Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent Beretta) defeated The Factory (Aaron Solo, Cole Karter, Lee Johnson, Nick Comoroto & QT Marshall) in a Ten Man Tag Team Match (11:18)

This match was pretty good. The Factory isn't a fixture on the main shows as they are usually on Dark which is cool because if you like certain talent or wonder where they are then their usually on those shows and the women are really the stars of'em. There was some really good moments here including the usual silly spot of TBF. I was amazed at some of the high flying as well. They had an attempt of a mystery partner gig but it was so obvious whom it would be and even the commentators knew it would be Danhausen and I must say compared to everything I've seen of him before, this was a cool serious side of him where he was seen differently and as an actual threat rather than a comic relief character cause like movies, we get too much of that, everything doesn't have to be funny. When he came in it was all over. If only he'd be like that all the time :blhal:

Zero Hour Pre Show: Ricky Starks defeated Brian Cage (w/Prince Nana) in an AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament 2022 Semi Final Match (9:03)

This was a terrific match. I knew if Starks was going to win he's going for a huge push. While Cage is such a tremendous big man & talent, he never seems to go far when it's time and after basically destroying Starks he comes up with a win. I'm actually for Starks as I think he is got potential to be a major star and he's extremely strong for his size. I hope this push pays off and he actually gets to the top and it's just not a tease :?

Zero Hour Pre Show: Eddie Kingston (w/Ortiz) defeated Jun Akiyama (10:32)

Now this here was a great bout. I'm not a fan of Kingston but he does give some great performances. I was hoping for a third contest to determine the real winner and so it happen. This was the rubber match and wasn't disappointing at all. It was a chop & slug fest as to be expected with these two. I love it when a veteran Japanese wrestler comes over here to fight. When it was all said and done Kingston won the great trilogy and then he went to go on the mic like he does but that was cut short.

Overall it was a decent free show. Hopefully everybody that saw the PPV saw this too before it actually started to get that extra feeling of AEW :batsmile:

AEW Full Gear Zero Hour.jpg

So here is the actual PPV of AEW Full Gear.

Jungle Boy defeated Luchasaurus (w/Christian Cage) in a Steel Cage Match (18:42):

NOTE: If you watched the video package hyping up this tremendous match and seeing how they filmed Luchasaurus walking in slo-mo, the scenes & he really reminds Me of Jurassic World and what they were going to do for the sequel as they were going to have Humanoid Dinosaurids as an army that would resemble much like the legends & sightings of Lizard Men of cryptozoology and even current lore. Well, they scrapped that idea and if you saw that film you know it was totally different in 2018 so I don't know what other people think since there is a lack of communication in today's day & age but Luchasaurus is kinda like a real life version of this :blaq:

This was actually one of the matches I was looking forward to the most because this one was really built up rather well. In fact I felt it was built up so well that it had overshadowed most feuds all year from AEW & WWE IMO. I find Perry's sister & mother to look a like and good looking, their always there for his big matches. There was some superb spots here and the dino-man looked unstoppable at times. In a huge spot jumping off of the cage on to him thru a table proved Jungle Boy to be a great opponent and victor :!:

NOTE: Jack Perry on the press conference said that his attire was an homage to Shawn Michales in WWF's FIRST EVER Hell in a Cell in 97, 25 years ago this YEAR and said about how Luchasaurus was like Kane there in his debut. See that Press Conference on their YB FOR MORE :!:

Death Triangle (PAC, Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fenix) (c) defeated The Elite (Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (w/Brandon Cutler & Michael Nakazawa) in a Six Man Tag Team Match to retain the AEW World Trios Championship (18:43)

Now this was pretty good. There isn't much to say other than it was a big time high flying match cause if you saw one match with these guys then you know what to expect and the thing is there is currently a best out of 7 with these guys since TDT won. This is good stuff but wasn't one of My main matches.

NOTE: We have The Elite here and the OC with AJ is back in the WWE feuding with Finn Balor, here we go again with the weekly competition :batsmile:

Jade Cargill (c) (w/Kiera Hogan & Leila Grey) defeated Nyla Rose (w/Marina Shafir & Vickie Guerrero) to retain the AEW TBS Championship (7:59)

Now this is was one of the ones I wanted to see the most. This one was built up pretty nicely too. I liked how Nyla stole the belt and how Jade showed her emotion letting everybody know that actually looks at her expressions that the title means everything to her! The Halloween Dark was a great example of this as to what I mean. When she came out I was quite surprised whom her cosplay was and I knew who she was supposed to be the second I saw her which was Cheetara from the ThunderCats :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I was kinda amazed how she looked here. I think it was more effective than her She-Hulk however because the paint and stuff didn't wear off as much. She even broke a staff in the beginning of her entrance like Cheetara would do :o Surely H0lliweird is seeing this, she can teach them how a "REAL" comic hero should look like :batsmile: I don't know what others thought about this and again the commentators acted like they didn't know who she was supposed to be...either they really don't know their history or they can't say it due to legal rights but I dislike it when there's opportunities to say these things for nostalgia and especially for people like Me that knows these fun franchises of the past and likes to see others' acknowledge this stuff. Also I would think that this would be mentioned big time here since we post little bits of the ThnderCats with commercials and such now and then and especially since I showcased My WHOLE COLLECTION of My ThunderCats in My Vintage last year :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

AEW Full Gear 1.jpg

So the match begins and its a powerful one cause both women are powerhouses. Rose really has the upper hand for a big portion of the match. "The Problem" Marina Shafir again interferes as to be excepted. Nyla did the Jaded of the creator of the finisher but she kicked out. When it was done & dusted Jade performed her climax on the much heavier Native Beast and showed you how it's supposed to be done thus getting her belt back to the rightful hands :batsmile: This was a shorter match than what I would have liked but is a good one. Jade is always got My attention, I find her awesomely hot and she is one of My major faves in AEW and basically all of today's wrestling regardless of gender :!:

Chris Jericho (c) defeated Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli and Sammy Guevara in a Four Way Match to retain the ROH World Championship (21:42)

NOTE: I'm really loving this new ROH stuff. In the PRESS CONFERENCE Tony Khan said he's going to keep on doing what he's doing with ROH with a possibility of having a weekly TV Show in the future :!:

This was a tremendous match. I wanted Claudio to win but when it was all said and done Jericho did a necessary betrayal that was match-only to Guevara and did a fantastic Judas Effect to retain the title :!:

Saraya defeated Dr. Britt Baker DMD (13:25)

Now this one here was one of My most anticipated of the whole card. I was glad that Paige had returned to not only wrestling but also as herself. I still feared that the same thing would happen to her that Sasha Banks injured her (if you never saw that look it up, its really a bad one) and we didn't need her to become like The Dynamite Kid or Puke/Droz. Her last days in WWE was ok but being spewed by The Kabuki Warriors made her look even more fragile IMO. Baker is always great, she arguably the best of all the women in AEW on the mic and in the ring. I usually always find her hot. Now as for Saraya I find her like that in similar fashion yet she has this different kinda of coolness to her and I find her way more attractive now since she's more mature and stuff. So during a lot of the bout Saraya is getting it handed to her and she fakes Baker out and scored the winning phase of the match as it would ultimately payoff as she would win her first match not only in AEW but in years :!:

Samoa Joe defeated Wardlow (c) and Powerhouse Hobbs in a Three Way Match to win the AEW TNT Championship (9:54)

This was arguably the most awesome match on the whole card. I always talk about the "big man" in wrestling and while this is really as big as we can get in AEW on a main roster event it was still good. There was some great spots here. I love Powerhouse Hobbs' theme, IMO its one of the best today. I love how the crowd is still behind Joe and how they are with Wardlow. I loved the surprising finish of the match when he was doing his power bomb symphony to Hobbs and then Joe took the advantage and got him out of the way and pinned Hobbs to be a double champ :o IMO this makes up for a lot that he should have done in WWE :!:

Darby Allin & Sting defeated Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett (w/Satnam Singh & Sonjay Dutt) in a No Disqualification Match (10:59)

Now this was truly the one I wanted to see most of all. I mean when your talking about JJ Jeff Jarrett whom is now "The Last Outlaw in black that I love and fighting Sting I mean how could you not want to see that :? I have expressed many times how I have always loved JJ. I followed him since he was in the USWA :shock: This was so cool that these two basically renewed or continued their feuds from WCW & TNA years & years ago...heck JJ even came out with his TNA theme song for cryin' out loud. They got it on for a while but they switch to opponents and we got Sting & Lethal & JJ & Darby. I loved how Satnam got involved and Sting JUMPED 20 feet off of the BALCONY onto THIS GIANT! I also liked how he couldn't do the Scorpion Death Drop to him because of his power and then Darby helped him. Sting & Darby beat them and I'd like to see this continue :!:

NOTE: At the Preview of the Event, Tony Khan said about how great Sting & Jeff Jarrett are and that THEY ARE STILL IN THE PRIMES.... :? Yes, he said Sting & JJ are STILL IN THEIR PRIME :batshock: :wwhuh: :smgasp: So the next time you say your old or whatever think about what Tony Khan just said about a 55 year old JJ and a 63 year old Stinger :wwshock: I mean yes, Sting does a ton of stuff now and really more than he ever did before and JJ is in tremendous shape, his beer belly is gone and replaced with big abs and he still has his big muscular arms like he had in the early to mid 90s an dto think he was just in WWE as an official & special ref only mere Months ago :shock:

Jamie Hayter defeated Toni Storm (c) to win the Interim AEW Women's World Championship (15:16)

So this match was really good,. I love Toni but I was for Hayter more because of her major rise. I love Toni's hip-attack/booty bomb especially when she taps her backside. When it was all said and done with the help of her gal-pals, Hayter won the belt. Now it seems really different since she's got the belt now, sometimes its like that we somebody becomes a title holder like they become less interesting now which i ahve seen that a lot over the years like HBK for instance. We'll see if this continues to feel like this.

NOTE: Due to Thunder Rose unable to come back, Tony Khan had officially declared that Storm WAS THE Women's champion and that Hayter is THE Women's champion and no longer the Interim champ(s).

The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster) (c) defeated Swerve In Our Glory (Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland) to retain the AEW World Tag Team Championship (19:38)

This was the one that the fans was waiting for. I was so-so on it. I think the same thing about the Acclaimed as I do with Hayter, with all of this scissor hoopla and them be champs, IMO it makes them less interesting when they were this rapping heel team. I was expecting it but didn't like seeing it unfold when SIOG exploded causing them to lose :roll: The looked so great with the grayish colors. I hope their feud is going to be worth while if it happens which i hope it does :batsmile:

MJF defeated Jon Moxley (c) (w/William Regal) to win the AEW World Championship (23:09)

As I said before, with all of this Devil and huge talk & stuff going about, MJF better win. Well in a big, long grueling match he did thanks to the betrayal of Lord Regal with his famous brass knuckles.

NOTE: At the PRESS CONFERANE MJF came in and cussed the heck out and kept on saying the F-word. Amazing how he isn't getting much heat for this oh and last week Regal really didn't give a satisfactory reason why he did what he did and MJF didn't show up but BD did. Let's see what happens this week :!: Oh and one more thing, MJF keeps o saying he's the Devil and Finn Balor is saying he's the Devil too. Amazing how we've upped the ante when Bayley & Britt Baker BOTH say the're THE ROLE MODEL :? :shock: :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

So that's it, I hope you liked this. I'm all caught up with AEW which you have no idea how much I watched of AEW in order to catch up on YT, Now don't let this topic slide, talk about everything I said and more, there is a ton to talk about here :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:39 pm

Good write up. I think the most important thing about this show was that everyone who should've won, did so. That's not always the case these days, especially in the WWE. The only real surprise to me was Joe going over. I really thought they might give Hobbs a run so I didn't expect Joe to have two belts. I didn't really care for the initial explanation for why Regal did what he did, but as the story has played out the last few weeks I think it helped MJF get a bit of his heel heat back. Not sure where the BCC goes from here. I suspect Jericho will have a run with the ROH title into next year. Not sure who takes the belt off him but if they can find someway to make amends and get back good with Punk, a Punk vs Jericho match would be money Hell, Punk vs the Elite would probably be a huge draw if they could get everyone involved to play nice, but I don't see that happening.

They were talking on Busted Open this week about a possible long feud between MJF and Eddie Kingston in a Flair-Dusty kind of way, and that sounded awesome to me. Eddie is definitely someone I could see the crowd getting behind over MJF.

My quick thoughts. Jungle Boy vs Luchasaurus was really good, just glad JB won. I just don't care for Nyla Rose so I didn't pay much attention to that match. I think it was half over by the time I even noticed that Jade was dressed like Cheetara. I think I was watching the Sabres game for most of it. Everyone loves the Acclaimed. Sting is doing more now than he was 20 years ago, and it's so cool to see. I'm so happy his WWE run wasn't the end for him. I'm glad Hayter won. I feel bad for Storm because her run was a bit underwhelming, but it is what it is. I'm curious how long her contract is because she's another one I could see HHH wanting back. The Elite vs Death Triangle is another one of those matches where I sort of zone out. I mean, I know they're going to do some crazy stuff, I just feel zero emotional attachment to any of it so I kind of feel indifferent (the rating kind of reflect that I'm not the only one, either). Honestly, I haven't even really watched either of their two Dynamite matches since FG. I changed the channel.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:27 am

I appreciate that PB :) Yeah, I like it when a winning card comes together like that and oh yes, I know that about WWE. I have no clue about the BCC. Oh yes, I was quite surprised about Joe winning too. Oh I think Jericho will have it for a while longer. I think a Punk match with him would be good especially the Elite if things could work out.

Eddie has been something else as of late, he's been putting on some good matches. I'm not huge on Nyla either but dang, because of that you missed Jade's great Cheetara entrance...how in the heck can you watch Hockey or anything else for that matter by switching the channel when you pay $50 for a PPV...I have never ordered a PPV but I wouldn't even think about doing that...shame on you PB :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Yeah they do, I really can't believe how over they are, I do miss their heel stuff from before as I mentioned earlier. Yes, I said something like before about Sting, oh yes I am too. I don't know about Storm, I think she was pretty good as champ. I really don't want her back in WWE, she's doing good here, she doesn't need pies again in her face from Charlotte or anybody else :roll: Dang, you changed the channel...what's better than AEW on TV :?:

OK, I have some questions to ask and see what your opinions are here.

1. How do you think Khan is handling ROH & are you excited about Final Battle THIS Saturday :?:

2. Do you like Dalton Castle and the Boys :?:

3. Your thoughts on the Trustbusters?

4. Thoughts about Ruby Soho returning?

That's it for now, let's keep up the pace here with this topic PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:37 am

Oh, this was the first AEW show I didn't pay for in a while. It was the weekend of a big snow storm, so nobody came over so I just found a free feed online, lol. So flipping to hockey wasn't a big deal.

1. I like the way they're doing ROH to some extent. Sometimes I think there's too much of it on an AEW show, so I wish they'd maybe find a home for ROH somewhere on TV to split the brands up. That's why I think Jericho will have the belt until at least then, and that might be some time. That's why I think getting Punk vs Jericho could be a big feud to get ROH it's own show. But who knows. I'm not ordering Final Battle. I'll be interested and follow it if I don't try to watch it online somewhere, but I don't think the build has been that great. I don't think Claudio will or should win, so it's hard to get too excited. I am always curious to see what ROH stars may show up, but overall, it feels mostly thrown together. Which isn't bad, but it's hard to really properly build toward a PPV when you're product is only on a TV show part of the time, if that.

2. I'm a little biased because Dalton Castle is from Rochester, NY, and I'd seen him wrestle before he got big in ROH, so I am a fan of his gimmick. I do wish he'd get in slightly better shape, but overall, I like him and the Boys.

3. I don't think the Trust Busters will ever really be much. There's too many factions already for them to be anything more than AEW Dark jobbers, I think. Parker Bodreaux might have a future, but I don't think Daivari, and the other guys will ever get very far. Maybe if ROH got their own show they could do more over there.

4. Ruby is kind of like Toni. I was excited for them to show up in AEW, but because the women get so little time on tv it was hard to really get invested in her. I thought pairing her in that story with Eddie might help her, but not sure where she goes from here. I liked her group on WWE, but haven't been too impressed with her wrestling in AEW. That may be due to the lack of really experienced talent in AEW, or her familiarity with them, I don't know. But I always thought she had the look and the fan support to be an asset to AEW.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:11 am

I see, well really that's the way to do it if you can't afford it I mean I don't know how people do it in the first place during this day and age.

So are you watching the Dark shows now PB :?:

That's a good reason for Jericho I mean what headliner main event could be bigger than that for your first TV show :?: I mean WCW went big for their first Nitro with Hogan & Big Bubba Rogers with Lex Luger shockingly appearing 95. I think this current ROH is doing well, like I said before I feel it's way better than McMahon did for WCW & ECW as their not looking lesser or anything like that in fact I think their looking even more dominant as the "regular" AEW roster. I would like for them to focus more on ROH women however. This Final Battle PPV looks like a shorter one but still should be good.

I see about Dalton castle. Actually i think his physique is fine. I think him & his boys are really interesting and engaging to watch. I like it when he "uses" his boys as steps & weapons. All of this Peacock stuff gong on...he wears it, Charlotte wears it, we got NBC & Peacock :?

I'm kinda glad that Ruby is back as I think she'll be a much more threat this time around.

The Trustbusters is a weird team I mean its a mishmash of a lot gimmicks & personas. Daivari is a Iranian Millionaire, Boudreaux (the former Harland in NXT) is a young Lesnar clone that looks like he just broke out of prison, Sonny Kiss is a gay guy that Paul Wight calls "SHE", Slim J whom is a 20 year + vet of the sport is a guy that looks like a mask-less Rey Mysterio from the Filthy Animals at first glance and also VSK is now a Butler :? I mean talk about misfits :shock:

OK, here is another stable. What do you think of Prince Nana & his Embassy with Bran Cage, Toa Liona & Bishop Kaun :?: I think this team is awesome.

Oh and one more thing...your thoughts on 10 betraying THE DARK ORDER and taking his mask off revealing his face :shock:

That's it for now, let's keep it going here with this topic PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:02 am

OK, don't forget to check out My previous post :)

Oh man, Abadon is back, I just seen her on Dark. She must have recovered quite quickly from injury, I'm glad of that :) The Kingdom is going to be on a special episode of Dark today as well :!:

Here is a preview of ROH Final Battle which the PPV is TONITE and their gonna have a pre-show too and all the titles are going to be defended as well which it all looks to be quite exciting :batsmile: Hopefully I can get it like I did Full Gear :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:20 pm

Well, guess I was wrong about the ROH plans. A bit surprised. It was a pretty good show, but I expected some former RPHers to show up, and it was a pretty straight-forward show. Which isn't bad, but, disappointing with so many out there.

Also, sounds like a weekly ROH show will be Honor Club only for $10 a week. Not really worth it to me. All these companies are going with subscriptions, but who can afford all of them? So, if that's where they're heading, I'll just be reading results.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW