Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:40 am

So before I get to some classic stuff, I thought I'd show off a small collection of pics and trailers from Peacock that was just recent for this past October. Most of these came from Me e-mails from them. Whether or not you have the service/channel check out this visually stunning gallery & trailers :blbaf:

Gosh I love that one with E.T. :blmm:

I saw this a while back before it was actually Halloween season, it's pretty w0k3 and this is what I've been talking about...it's in everything now shoving it in our face but it was and ok film. As My Grandma would say..."He's a bad Bacon" :)

Spoiler:
Well I don't know if the people here really know how this androgynous society is now. If you ever come across it anywhere I'm warning you there that there is a lezzi/girl on girl scene and a trans/gay man on gay man scene. The lezzi scene is ok, not that graphic but you can clearly tell about the male scene. I'd rather watch a lezzi scene than a gay scene if its in a movie but I do not prefer it. They talk about the proper pronouns hence the title "They/Them". The girl/them in the TV show Deputy really revealed about how they and others are not "BINARY" and that was a few years ago already. I did think the title was clever though with the slash since's its a slasher-type movie but it's really not satisfying cause like I said, it's really w0k3. I'm just giving you the heads up so you know what to expect if you and/or your family comes across it.

I saw this advertised on Peacock a while back, it was pretty good with a cool setting of the late 70s in the similar vein of Stranger Things with a supernatural twist :o

So they released an extended version of Jurassic World Dominion and it's still on Peacock as I speak. If you love the Jurassic Park franchise I strongly recommend that you see this version of the new film instead of the regular because of the new awesome beginning plus more great bonus scenes. I have always considered the JP/JW films to be some exciting cryptic horror films :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

I saw this advertised like the first week of October on Peacock and I thought it looked good so I watched the movie on Peacock.

Spoiler:
There are poachers in it with a bit of CGI animal killing which I hate poaching but that's how the story starts and why there is killer lion on the prowl. I do not have any remorse for them poachers nor condone poachers in real life. There's 2 cute girls in it as well that are actually entertaining cause sometimes I get really annoyed by kids but they were good. Idris Elba is the star. It's a little more violent than than the recent Jurassic World film but it's not that much more. Its a pretty good film. When i first saw the trailer I thought was like 1996's The Ghost in the Darkness in ways and I'm like why did they do another movie like this :? I saw that at the show in 96]/b], it has a great score by ]b]Jerry Goldsmith. My Grandma was more into it than I was, she bought the documentary of the 2 lions :!:

One major thing is, Beast has a climax with a similar concept like Jurassic World: Dominion :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Various others.

Peacock Halloween 2.jpg

Peacock Universal Monsters 1.jpg

Peacock Halloween 1.jpg

Of course it wouldn't be complete if there wasn't a spooky themed WWE NXT wrestling event as well :batsmile:

I saved this for weeks for Halloween on Peacock which i wanted on Halloween morning eating My saved Kit Kat bars :blbat: It was quite different for the franchise but it was still entertaining.

NOPE is coming November the 18th :o

UPDATE: I just seen the movie, it was quite good with a very surprising element in the film :o :shock: :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blmm: :blaq:

So there is a nice visual gallery of sorts of Peacock's Halloween Nightmare Horror and I hope you liked it. More great spooky stuff to come soon :blbat:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:48 am

So here we go with My first entries of some classic and possibly obscure titles that I have watched over the years, recent and many times. Get ready for some vintage & golden age b-flicks along with recent titles and more :blbat:

Now like a some other stuff I have presented here was previously seen in PB's 31 Days of Halloween topic but I am expanding these with new additional material. Here is the classic film 13 Ghosts :?: I have a fondness of it just not because of how great it is but also because My late cousin Jenny gave her VHS to Me when I was about 8 or so (Imaybe I'll talk about her later) :( I have seen it many, many times, you cannot talk about Halloween & spooky horror stuff without mentioning William Castle and this superb movie. The concept of the film PREDATES THEY LIVE by nearly 3 decades and was one of the LAST classic horror films ever :o

I love the story about a family that inherits the husband's late uncle's mansion that collected ghosts that can see them with specially crafted glasses :!:

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_Ghosts

Now the pic on the far right, that is the cover My late great Cousin Jennifer gave Me :(

13 Ghosts (1960) - 2.jpg

Ah look how classic that is :)

13 Ghosts (1960) - 1.jpg

Here is the wonderful Trailer!!

Now here is the beginning of the film for around 10 minutes. I have always found the film so good, heartwarming & peaceful yet spooky at the same time since I was a youngster, the characters are great too. This was also THE FIRST film I ever saw the La Brea Tar Pits in a movie...I saw them in My Dinosaur & Prehistoric Animal books at the time but never filmed till I saw 13 Ghosts and keep in mind..this PREDATED They Live by DECADES :!:

OK, like I said 13 Ghosts is like one of THE last of classic B&W spooky films before things would really change during the later years of the 60s. The music is by Von Dexter and has always been a scary yet lovely piece of film scores that I have always loved. Listen to how great it is :blbat:

Cool gifs!

OK, so here is the remake that was titled a little different as Thirteen Ghosts. It would have the same type of story as the original but it would be way different in tone and most of everything really. It would be one of the first "new" type of modern ghost & horror films that would come to be in the 2000s. I really wasn't a fan of this one because I really wasn't crazy about the nature of the ghosts but now its a bit different. I was amazed and really still am that one of the main ghosts called The Angry Princess walks around full frontal naked :shock: It was so different back then but she isn't your normal nude babe as she is pale white with deep gashes all over her body. So this section maybe considered NSFW so caution ahead :batwink:

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteen_Ghosts

13 Ghosts (2001) - 1.jpg

I really liked that Army of Darkness' Embeth Davidtz was in it :batsmile:

Here is the Trailer!!

Gifs :blbaf:

Holy crap, is that MONK :o :shock: :batshock: :smsmh: :wwlol:

Hottie Shannon Elizabeth was in it also :batsmile:

Gosh the Scream Guy/Shaggy too :? :?:

NOTE WARNING: These gifs contain nudity from The Angry Princess ghost you saw above as she was always seen with no clothes on.

Spoiler:

Here is 2 cues from the score by greatly underrated horror composer John Frizzle :!:

Next will be some more great horror stuff :blbat:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:58 am

So here we go with My second entries of some classic and possibly obscure titles that I have watched over the years, recent and many times. Get ready for for some vintage & golden age b-flicks and more :blbat:

Here is White Zombie from 1932. I have always liked this film that was way, way ahead of it's time. I always thought that Lugosi was so darn neat looking. I find the film absolutely amazing and truly the first zombie film of the ages :!:

Wikipedia page is here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Zombie_(film)

The story is great, takes place in Haiti and Murder Legendre turns people into zombies for hard labor & desire :!:

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Zombie_(film)

Here is the infamous Trailer!

Here is My 12" Sideshow Murder Legendre figure from 1932's White Zombie that I previously posted last year for Halloween. I got him along with Larry Talbot from Blue Box Toys which no longer exists. Gosh that was a great time in the early 2000s when Sideshow was so creative, affordable and when things were batter :blbat:

Some great gifs.

Ah, 1959's Plan 9 from Outer Space is regarded as one of the if not the worst film ever made but I beg the differ. If you ignore how the special effects are and all that stuff, you'll see that this film is truly remarkable because it is a horror film that delves into extraterrestrials and zombies plus there is some big surprises in it as well that one may not expect :shock: There's also a colorized version out there which I seriously recommend watching either in addition to to the black & white original for an added way of seeing this masterpiece but if your prefer colorized editions then go for that one if you ain't never seen Plan 9 from Outer Space :blmm:

Wikipedia page here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space

Aliens from another galaxy come to Earth executing "Plan 9" and resurrect the dead for their dreadful purpose :!:

ImageImage

The Trailers!

Yes, Bela Lugosi's last film was as Ghoul Man but he was basically Count Dracula.

Legendary wrestler Tor Johnson is in this and he is terrific. We'll revisit him shortly :o

Vampira plays Lugosi's Wife "Vampire Girl " was one of the first if not the first of the exotic & strange glamorous kind in films and is known for her big appearance in 1959's Plan 9 from Outer Space :blww:

She was played Malia Nurmi who was one of the first Finnish actresses known and was quite bizarre yet quite stunning in her own unique way.

The Fantastic Musical Theme by various composers :!:

BONUS ENTRY

Here is Ed Wood (1994) that depicts the true story of the director of Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Wikipedia page here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood_(film)

Now If you know how today's androgynous day & age is, it's really nothing new cause he loved women's clothing :? See the trailer below.

The Tim Burton film has an all-star cast including Bill Murray. WWE HOF George "The Anmal" Steele was chosen to play Tor's character which he was the most ideal one and Lisa Marie was chosen to play Vampira's character.

ImageImage

Here is the trailer.

The Title Sequence by Danny Elfman :!:

Ah, here is 1961's The Beast of Yucca Flats :o It is also a big-time low budget film but it's actually really advanced in many ways because of the story, the way it's done and things that happens in it and really, the horror movie is completely nutz :!: There really is no dialog and it's only around 54 minutes too which is quite short for a live action film :o

Here is the Wikipedia ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_of_Yucca_Flats

Its about the KGB targeting a scientist whom was exposed to the bomb and becomes a mindless killing beast :!:

Once again legendary wrestler Tor Johnson is the highlight actor here :shock:

The Beast of Yucca Flats 3.jpg

The Trailer!!

The great Musical Score by Irwin Nafshun & Al Remington :!:

So here is Tor Johnson as you have just seen him above :)

Here is The Hideous Sun Demon from 1958 which is another horror film that is so crazy. There is a couple scenes of him attacking a Rat & Dog but it's not real. The Moon has nothing to do with it here, it's one of the first films that began the reptilian craze that is still going on today :shock:

This one is about a man that works at an atomic plant that gets into an accident and whenever sunlight hits his body he becomes a lizard man on a killing spree :!:

This film had two great looking women and both were the love interest of the main character. Patrica Manning was really a nice looking brunette. Nan Peterson was a gorgeous vintage blonde babe and was truly far ahead of her time. She was conclusively a total package as she was a singer, pianist, thick and quite busty. She was one of the first ladies of this era that you could enjoy watching of her nature that would be a forerunner for the women to arrive decades later :batsmile:

One really cool thing in the film is how it was into Science, Animalia and Prehistoric Life and how they said that Darwin never even scratched the surface :!:

Awsome gifs :!:

Track of the Moon Beast (1976) :!:

Wikipedia page is here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_of_the_Moon_Beast

It's about a motor-bike ridin' mineralogist student that is struck in the head by a meteor and then turns into a humanoid reptilian :!:

This is actually of My most favorite of all horror movies. It's just so different and everything seems so good. The characters are fine and quite likable. Some things I can't help but laugh at but gosh the film is just fun :)

Paul & Kathy make such a good couple.

Anthropologist Johnny Longbow is My fave of the whole movie. He is one of the most absolute coolest male characters I have seen in any film and they his hair and the way he is he reminds My of Prince Adam/He-Man :batsmile:

He is best friends with the sheriff Mac. Their partner ship is gold here. I love how the Paleontologist explains that due to the claw & foot prints, their killer is actually related to Tyrannosaurus Rex :o

Here is a couple quotes by Johnny Longbow but GET THIS...I posted this on the IMDB around 20 years ago :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Johnny Longbow: I don't really know, My guess is that there is some unusual element in this fragment that synchronizes with that larger mass over there and it produces some kind of energy reaction!

I wish I was kidding Mac, I'm not! Now there is an answer and I think I know what it is and it makes me sick to think about it!

Another thing is how I loved how he explained about the Native American Legends :)

Here is cool Trailer!!

Oh boy, gifs :)

This is how you get shot with a Meteor Ray if you have a space rock fragment of it in your head...

and this is how you turn into a Moon Beast and what you do as one :!:

So there it is for this update, I hope you liked it. More great spooky horror stuff to come :blhal:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:21 am

So My next entries is a series of s film that had 5 remakes/reboots/inspirational reimagining and that series is The Invasion the Body Snatchers :shock: These are some very good films with one that is quite so-so. They are filled with spooky scenes, nice looking women, cool music and more!

If you are not familiar with this franchise...it varies from film to film but the typical plot point is about aliens in seed/pot/spore form invade Earth and plan on taking the planet over via assimilating the human race as it all all about them, the individual that has no love, no hate, no feelings, no emotions...a better world for their view!

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

This is the one that started it ALL :!:

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers

A great gallery!

A bit of a surprise in the film is that the lovely Jean Willes whom was I very familiar with because she was in many Three Stooges shorts played a bit of big role here and she was even a nurse yet again :batsmile:

Here is THIS! This has arguably the most iconic yet quite important/cryptic message for the future of humanity when he say's "Their HERE ALREADY"!

Kevin McCarthy was such a great actor but darn, his reaction seemed so real & pure...I wonder :?

Here is the terrific musical score by Carmen Dragon :!:

Gifs.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

This is the first actual remake.

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers_(1978_film)

So the remake stars Donald Sutherland, Brooke Addams and Captain Spock himself Leonard Nimoy and very young Jeff Goldblum along with Veronica Cartright. Addams & Cartwright was two of the first women that would be a good & fun common type for years to come :batsmile: This time we get to see where they come from and they are actually Spores that is very reminiscent of Space Plankton :o

The film would have a cameo by Kevin McCarthy in a role in similar fashion as to his 1956 version :!:

Here is the Trailer!!

Here is the score by Denny Zeitlin!

Gifs.

Seedpeople (1992)

Here is the Wikipedia page --->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seedpeople

Now this one I have a bit of fondness over because of two reasons. 1. It's by Full Moon Pictures, remember them :?: They were one of your biggest horror movie companies of the 80s & 90s owned by Charles Band and I plan on elaborating on them at a later time. 2. I recall seeing this in one of Star Video's movie brochures and renting this over at there when it first came out which was 30 years ago this year (you can see all about Star Video in My Odds & Ends) :o Back then I thought it was an ok movie but now I think it's actually really good and quite fun. I love the spooky scenery of the pods and the scary sounds they make and their eerie music in it :blbaf:

Here is the radical TRAILER with some of the score by horror master Richard Band whom is Charles' brother!!

Here is the Seed People VIDEO ZONE. Video Zone was a special behind the scenes feature on VHS Tapes that Full Moon would have and they were one of the only only companies that did this back then. It was such an excellent feature :blmm:

Body Snatchers (1993)

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Snatchers_(1993_film)

Now this one is arguably the best one ever out of the whole series of films. It starts off superbly epic and since this was 1993 (in mere months it will have it's 30th anniversary!). movies were beginning to be different in scale, the way their filmed and so forth. I always compare years and see how different things are during decades. I remember asking My Grandpa how he likes how these new movies are and how their filmed & presented when We rented 1993's Rising Sun starring Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes, Harvey Keitel, and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa and he said he doesn't. He noticed how the films were changing too, he liked how they were before. It's important to notice stuff like this plebeians :!:

So this one stars Gabrielle Anwar, Terry Kinney, Meg Tilly, Billy Wirth, Christine Elise, R. Lee Ermey, and Forest Whitaker. All of these people are very good. I believe the legendary Ermey is under utilized here. Kinney is good and one would wonder why he never got big after this and yes he had hair then. Wirth was ok. Elise was similar as she was like a cute punker in Child's Play 2. Anwar was quite good, Forest was his usual great, paranoiac acting self but Tilly was quite deceivingly hot and the highlight character of the film. In fact the movie has a cryptically sexual tone to it compared to it's predecessors as how the women are once they podded which I think was quite necessary to have :batsmile:

Body Snatchers (1993) 3.jpg

The TRAILER!!

Where you gonna go :?:

Here is the great soundtrack by Joe Delia :!:

Invasion of the Pod People (2007)

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Pod_People

Now this is by The Asylum which has been around since 97 as they are having their 25th anniversary this year. They are an independent movie company. Not as big as Full Moon nor as fun but their films is usually their own take on big blockbusters and the like as they have their versions come out the same year nearly coinciding the former's release which is called mockbusters. They've done this with countless franchises over years. If you know them then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

NOTE: Its always important to see a trailer before you see a movie whether it be at the show or at home. It had been countless times when I went to the theater and people were complaining about how bad the movie was, didn't know what it was about and this & that and I'm like didn't you people watch the trailer beforehand or read about it? These people the way they are :roll:

Even though I saw the trailer before the film I knew what I was in for not only because of that but also because it's The Asylum and thought what the heck, I'll give it a shot anyway and I wasn't too shocked about what I had seen cause I knew what to expect.

So the meteors arrive and the women at the corporation are ok. I really didn't find any of'em super good at all. The women in the previous films I found way better especially the ones in 93's version seen above. Instead of actual plant pods, Space Plankton, or microscopic organisms, the extraterrestrials original form is a being that strongly resembles Ginger Root :shock:

Most of the time, the film is insanely ridicules yet manages to keep your attention to it :? I really liked how they showed how the aliens saw what they see/how their perspective is...it was like a Predator vision of sorts and I found it quite clever. So along with no fear and basically no probs amongst The Pod People, there is a conflicting element here and that is love as there is some sex scenes here and it's mostly women that the plant has turned them into loving lesbians now :o There is nudity present but the scenes are soft-core so they aren't full blown XXX so there is a limit to this madness :batblush: :wwshock: :smlol:

The Invasion (2007)

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invasion_(film)

So this the one that The Asylum was mocking as this one was at the shows for a time which there was absolutely no comparison to the two if you do so :!:

The Invasion stars Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, Jeremy Northam, Susan Floyd, Jefferey Wright, and many others including martial artist Jeff Wincott. Kidman looks fabulous in the film but Craig looks so different here, is this even the same guy that plays 007 :?:

One big cameo is that Veronica Cartwright fills in that spot for a familiar classic face from previous installments :!:

I loved the brief Halloween - Trick or Treating scene. It was still during a time when it was fun for kids and for Me when I used to scare them (see My great Halloween Times ---> here[/b http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post44993.html#p44993. Look at that, her son is [b]Superman, how apropos that he is as this movie is by Warner Bros. :smsmile:

Now one thing that 2007's The Invasion does differently than other films is that it's depicting this on a major reality scale with the extraterrestrial being a virus rather than plant-like spores. I mean the film uses NASA, CNN, CDC and all the above. The thing is its so real, events of this nature has happen and especially since 2020 plebeians and times have gotten really strange with the P!amDemic and it's going on as I speak...just look outside, YT, around you...if you don't know what I'm talking about then you haven't been keeping up with the authentic news nor paying attention of what's really going on...its quite crucial for you to do your research, believe Me when I say I am not joking around here :!:

Now I said about Nicole Kidman earlier. IMO this is one of the best times she looked here. She reminds Me of a model particular a super model. She is 40 here but dang does she look good. Nicole is kinda slender yet a bit busty and I would not mind looking at here walking up and down that runway and I would vote for her all the way...who cares what age she is...I mean take a gander at her below :o However, like I have noted before, I love women's expressions, its one of their most important features IMO. I really liked the looks she got on her face when she was in peril and handling that firearm as well :batsmile:

Here is the great TRAILER :!:

Here is the superb movie score by one of My favorite composers John Ottman whose done some great stuff such as Halloween H20, Urban Legends 2, Lake Placid, Eight Legged Freaks, many X-Men films, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Superman Returns and so much more :!: Like the DVD you saw above, I own the score too and I have listen to it countless times :blbat: If you never heard or paid attention to his music then you've missed out for a long time but now's your chance to hear just a sample of it :batsmile:

Assimilate 2019

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assimilate

Now this was a bonus entry that I thought I'd better post. It's really an independent film but nothing like IOTPP. While it doesn't go along with the same exact story as previous films, it's actually a hybrid film of Invasion of the Body Snatchers & John Carpenters' The Thing hence the title of the film with it's own elements to help mask it from being another remake/reboot. It's a decent movie that is worth the watch IMO.

Assimilate 1.jpg

Here is the Trailer!!

So there is a great series of horror films...more to come soon :blmm:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:05 am

Here is the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula:_Dead_and_Loving_It

So here Dracula: Dead and Loving It. We rented this over at Star Video in the great year of 1995, I just talked about the previously. The movie is a comedic spoof that I have always liked. This was during the time when comedy was comedy and you didn't need a comedy act ruining most films of this generation or so. This was one of iconic Leslie Nielson's finest under the helm of legendary Mel Brooks (I loved his Spaceballs too!). This is really quite an underrated funny horror fantasy film. It really has the blood & babes. It follows the usual story of Count Dracula from previous "serious" films so if you seen'em and never saw this classic then you'll know what to expect and if you've seen the Police Squad & Naked Gun series then you'll really know what to expect :batsmile:

So we got Leslie Nielson as The Count in a terrific performance. He is actually a mixture of Lugosi & Oldman's Dracula. Peter MacNicol is Renfield is a superb performance. Harvey Korman as Dr. Seward that is very good. Amy Yasbeck & Steven Weber as Mina & Harker that has fabulous performances. Lysette Anthony as Lucy in a very surprisingly superb performance. Mel Brooks himself plays Professor Van Helsing is at his usual greatness :blbat:

In fact this maybe his finest acting job he's ever done :!:

He even had his late wife Anne Bancroft as the Gypsy Woman :o

Now the film isn't just funny slapstick stuff with lots of blood, it's quite sultry at times, IMO even more so than the Naked Gun franchise. I never forgot how hot the women were when I first saw this in 1995 which I was only 14 :shock: In fact this movie has some of the best female scenes you'll witness in any film regardless of genre :batsmile:

First we have Leslie S. Sachs as the Usherette about " The message" scene :batshock: :wwlol: :smgrin:

We then have Dracula's Brides...Darla Haun as the Brunette Vampire & Karen Roe as the Blonde Vampire. Even though their scene is quite funny, I find it quite steamy and without a single shadow of a doubt, these are two of the hottest vampire babes ever and see if there is any classic looking 90s women like this in this modern age :batsmile:

I was quite surprised about Amy Yasbeck and how adulteress she was here. The first movie I ever saw her in was 1987's House II: The Second Story and other's like Problem Child 1 & 2 She was a bit busty in 93's Robin Hood: Men Tights but wasn't too seductive at all and also in 94's The Mask but most of these she was a sweetie. Here she was bustier and quite wow to say the least :batsmile:

Now most of all I was really astounded by Lysette Anthony. I never realized how she could play such seductive woman. She was so fantastic...

Indeed so fantastic, IMO she became like "THE" most wowing vampire female of all in movies. She stood there so good and when she was talking to her possible male victim with her great expressions, I just couldn't believe when she popped open her top, pushed up her boobs, a young Brandon was like :o and the feeling is still there :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Dracula: Dead and Loving It :!:

Here is the trailer!!

and here is the great soundtrack by Hummie Mann :!:

BONUS: Over at PB's D(e)ad Joke of the Day for Halloween he posted this...

packerbacker180 wrote:How do vampires travel overseas?

On blood vessels.

and then I posted this along with a small update just for this...

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Ah, clever PB, you just did it in the nick of time. I'm gonna take My shot at it :blbat:

After he was taken over by Vigo, what was Janosz doing in the mean time?

Why he was making out with Dracula's Brides :batshock: :wwlol: :smoops:

What don't you want to do to a big breasted vampire babe :?

You don't want to stake her out :wwlol: :batshock: :smlol:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:43 am

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fog

Ah hah, one of the first John Carpenter films to be spotlighted here...The Fog :!: Look at them posters, I have always loved movie posters especially Japanese versions. His 1980 film is truly one of his best. He is such a talent at writing & directing his own movies and even composing his own musical scores for them as well and he is one of the ONLY composers to do so and he has such a great sound as well :batsmile: For a time between 1979 - 1984, He was married to the star of the film Adrienne Barbeau :o Shame they couldn't make their marriage work (dang, guys can be so foolish, believe Me know, been there Myself :roll: They had their son Cody who turned out to be a great composer as well. Look at this, how in the world could you leave a woman like that :? :?: :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Carpenter also had a cameo in The Fog as the infamous Bennett :batsmile:

Other cast members include Halloween's Jamie Lee Curtis, Nancy Loomis & John Cyphers, the future stars of Halloween III: Season of the Witch & The Live, Tom Atkins & George 'Buck' Flower, Hal Holbrook (who would co-star with Adrienne Barbeau two years later in 1982's Creepshow and last but certainly not least is Psycho's Janet Leigh (Jamie Lee's Mom) also has a big part :batsmile:

I really like the instant chemistry between Curtis & Atkins. They make such a great ideal couple. I've liked her a bit now and then. She especially was great in 1994's True Lies & 1999's Virus.

Now here we go with Adrienne Barbeau. She was so good. She's a true example of what great looking women were all about in the 70s & 80s. The way her face was, the way her great physique was and the way she acted. There was never woman like her before nor will there ever be a scream queen like ever :!:

Adrienne Barbeau 1.jpg

Now there is one aspect of the film before all the horror happens to the town is that when her character Stevie Wayne is on the air during her late evening/night & early morning hours on her Radio Station, I have always found it so soothing to hear her voice and have that feeling of her on the radio in the late night hours, its something that is quite special :batsmile:

There it is :!:

Here is the trailers!!

Look & listen to John Houseman :!:

Here is the great MUSICAL SCORE by John Carpenter himself :!:

So here is the 2005 remake. Yes, like 13 Ghosts, they remade The Fog and like I've done with Thirteen Ghosts, I'm going to briefly spotlight it.

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fog_(2005_film)

The film has the same concept of the first movie but delves deeper into the story with a visual explanation which I will get to in a bit but it does have a similar concept of the original version. Now the Stevie Wayne character is played by 2004 & 2008 Hellboy's Selma Blair. I have always liked her looks but really never could get into her though. Her performance is good here but she just doesn't match the classic sweetness of Adrienne Barbeau. By this time in 2005 things were changing which TPTB couldn't decide which direction they wanted to go here and people was was really being different by this point and many were unlikable. This is a prob I felt about Selma's Wayne incarnation despite she was good at times :roll:

Maggie Grace & Tom Welling (The Taken Franchise & The Hurricane Heist and Smallville) are your Atkins & Curtis couple with a big twist. Rade Šerbedžija (whom is basically the same in everything he's in) is the main pirate ghost Captain William Blake.

Now the twist is, Grace's character is actually the Elizabeth Dane incarnate and joins Blake after the revenge & vengeful night of the angry spirits. Now I have a HUGE issue here. In PB's Movie trailers topic, I had spotlighted The Dark Knight Trilogy which My issue with them was...did we need a whole new saga :?: In Batman Begins, the movie explains his story visually from beginning to end and same thing in the other two movies as well as the other characters whom was already in previous films and to have this done all over again :?: I mean in the original Batman Quadrilogy that I spotlighted, there was only minutes of showing the viewer how the characters became how they were and the rest of the films were all new & totally exciting development where TDKT shows us of their origins throughout the films wasting time & opportunity for new things to emerge. This was TPTB's ways of conditioning the plebeians as everything would soon be downgraded to where we are today :roll: :batrage: :wwsmh: :smheat:

Here is the trailer!!

Here is the cool score by underrated horror master Graeme Revell :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:58 am

packerbacker180 wrote:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
Gosh, I'm familiar with most of them greats! My Grandma loved Sleepy Hollow & Mr. Toad. Say, they also advertised one of My faves there....I posted this is My Horror topic last year....I don't know if you watched it. This is such a classic!

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Replying to your Witch's Night Out reminded Me of this. My Grandpa recorded that along with The Halloween that Almost Wasn't on the Disney Channel when I was a kid in around 86 I believe. I don't know if your familiar with that one but its one of My all-time faves. Check it out, its a funny true classic :)

Also the Grinch Halloween & Sleepy Hollow was great and so was Which Witch is Whitch as well. OK, well here is brief spotlight on the two main ones :blhal:

1978's Witch's Night Out: Like I said, My Grandpa recorded this for Me back then in them great times :) It has really weird animation & characters and overall I thought it was quite strange then to be honest and even now as I type this but still quite fun to watch around Halloween time :blww:

Ah yes, here is the one that he recorded for Me and knew I'd like it the most and indeed he be correct as he would say :( The Halloween that Almost Wasn't which also goes by another title as The Night Dracula Saved the World which came out in 1979. Notice this ad is brought by KENNER :o Oh yes, these were the times of greatness. If you have followed Me since day one of My great Vintage Action Figure Topic then you'll already know that they were My favorite action figure company which I have showcased a ton of great stuff I got by them way back when times were way better than this androgynous pathetic modern era we're in now and if you haven't followed Me then why have you been stalling around for :? :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

It stars Judd Hirsch as Count Dracula, Mariette Hartley as the Witch, Henry Gibson as Igor, Jack Riley as the Werewolf, John Schuck as Frankenstein's Monster, Robert Fitch as The Mummy and Josip Elic as Zabaar the Zombie all in terrific performances :!: Hirsch undoubtedly steals the show as one of the best incarnations of Dracula seen on film :blbat:

The Newscaster (Andrew Duncan) is really convincing about the possible end of the spooky holiday and when they know about it and put together their mission to save Halloween, I love they way everything comes into play. The kids & their parents are pretty good as well. However, The Witch is truly the star here as she holds all the cards in her hands and will make Dracula meet her demands :blww:

So if you want to watch this classic scroll above, you'll be glad that you did :blhal:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:23 am

So this is the place I said about last year that I ordered from. I only ordered from them once unfortunately yet they keep on sending Me e-mails for years which is really cool. Honestly I am quite surprised that they are still in business considering how this generation is and how horror has become such a distant genre compared to how it once once but I am glad that they are because if you have "really" been following My topics & posts then you know how I despise good businesses going down especially if I am fond of them and have personal transactions and the like with them. I know My Grandpa would have loved this store with their great design, nature and content cause he was an old fashioned movie monster guy as well. So here is a quote from My great 12" Universal Monsters showcase I did last year :blsm:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
The Metaluna Mutant - This Island Earth 1955 - Eddie Parker: Oh wow, I had mentioned earlier how regretted not getting some figures, well I made sure I got him before it was too late and I also made sure I got the exclusive version of him with the UFO! I got him from MyMovieMonsters.com which they are a great classic monster store and one of the last that celebrates with tradition of vintage & classical monsters!

The Box/Packaging: I always loved Sideshow's packaging. Back in the 2000s, it didn't seem like your were actually paying for the packaging and you felt like you were getting something really good unlike today as in this twisted androgynous day & age, you get figures that are ridiculously priced and much of that pricing is due to the packaging which IMO is nonsense and uncalled for :x Look at all that classic monster goodness. I loved 5th panel/open widow view of it, in fact that is one of the raddest aspects of 1/6 packaging!

They have their own superb looking Monster Magazine with their own classic looking horror mascot :blbat:

They have a ton of other great Monster Magazines with some horrific picture covers :blww:

They have a plethora of scary action figures from the past as well as today's modern offerings + much, much more, some are at decent prices. I regret not getting a lot there when I could have :roll: As I had post their logo at the top, again, here is their store --->https://www.mymoviemonsters.com
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:01 am

So here is two really odd sci-fi horror films of the 50s that was way beyond their years.

The Beast with a Million Eyes from 1955 is really a strange film yet it has things in it that would become quite common in movies later on. I must warn that there is some animals scenes, they are not hurt for real however.

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_with_a_Million_Eyes

I felt sorry for poor Him. Is all he had was his women on his wall :roll:

I thought that the alien Beast's concept was really good and his dominance was quite dark for this time period. His poster makes him look Asian inspired and shows the cool 50s art that would continue for years to come :)

Here is the Trailer!!

Night of the Blood Beast from 1958 is really a great one. IMO It really "borrows" Who Goes There concept way more than 1951's The Thing From Another World did :o

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Blood_Beast

The Beast looked really different, darn near like a Kaiju.

The film has the blood-cells visible in the microscope for the viewer to see which I found to be quite surprising and before it's time. The acting is really good. I was especially astonished by Georgianna Carter and how she looked. Her hair was styled like never seen before and while the 60s was on the horizon, she really reminded Me of women that would later be seen in the 80s & 90s, in fact, in a way she somewhat reminded Me of Tammy "Sunny" Sytch the way her hair was and the way her face is...it's like there was some time traveling goin' on here :?

Night of the Blood Beast 3.jpg

Here is the trailer

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:19 am

Here is the Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Blood

This 1966 classic takes place in 1990. An alien species makes contact with the Earth through radio a transmission, notifying of an immediate visit. The alien ship crash lands on Mars and a rescue team is sent from Earth to the Red Planet and then the blood-lust terror begins :!:

Now the movie goes by 2 names: Queen of Blood and also is known as Planet of Blood and came out in 1966. This was still during the time when H0lliweird was obsessed with plant beings (The Thing From Another World, Invasion of the Body Snatchers etc.) during a still a young obsessed robot & cyborg + reptilian & insectoid era would continue even at this very moment. The female is a vampiric plant extraterrestrial that needs men's blood to survive. My Grandpa teased Me about her when I was a youngster. My Parents always called her Onion Head. The film stars a young John Saxon, Basil Rathbone, Judi Meredith and very young Dennis Hopper. It is really got that mid to late 60s look, feel & sound to it.

The Science Fiction Horror movie has some really good moments with it's SFX and it even has some surprises that maybe considered ahead of it time.

The Alien Queen of Blood was played by Czech actress Florence Marly.

Planet of Blood 4.jpg

Here is the trailer as Queen of Blood :!:

Here is the whole movie if you want to watch it :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Gifs!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions