Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Music

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Music

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:00 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:15 am

Yep, Die Hard does PB :scsm:

Oh Sinatra, he was really good and that song was too. Ah, Darlene Love, she's really good too. That was a great one with her song & Home Alone 2 :scww:

I just posted a big thing about A Christmas Story, now here is some of the music :scbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:52 am

Lol, I think I hear that Christmas Story intro at least 10 times a year. Anyone seen the new one yet?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:19 am

How about that PB :) Gosh, John Denver with the Muppets, I don't think I ever saw that one before, cool :)

Here is the title song to National Nampoon's Christmas Vacation, this was so good :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:13 am

A terrific song and I always love the opening to that film.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:21 am

Indeed PB, it's one of the best :)

Dang, a Brunette, a Red Head and a Blonde, you get all three with them :batsmile: I don't know these gals since I'm not into Country music but that was good :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:20 am

Yeah, I don't really listen to country either but I heard that song a ton when I worked at Penneys. It's also in the credits to either Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas or Twice Upon a Christmas, don't remember which one.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:30 am

I see. yeah, it's amazing all the places you worked at PB :)

Ah, another MadTV. Like I said, I only saw handful of things back then of that show but it was a pretty good alternative to SNL. HCJ, he was quite busy in the 90s with his singing here & there not to mention his movie roles in such as Copycat & ID-4 :scbat:

You just posted Scrooged. I posted Danny Elfman's suite to the film when I was talking about a couple months ago but you never did say anything about it and I was thought that you would have said some stuff about it... well how about now :?:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:30 am

My wife isn't as big a fan of Scrooged as I am, so to annoy her sometimes, I'll sing that "la la la la la la" opening, lol. Especially if I know it's coming on TV.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:36 pm

Ha, love Marshmallow World. I love playing that in the car when the snow really starts packing in.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions