Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:55 am

Yes, TBS still does 24 hours. And I think TNT does 24 hours of Elf. And last year USA did 24 hours of It's a Wonderful Life.

The Saved by the Bell Christmas two-parter! Or as they would say, "a very special episode of...."

I miss John Ritter...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:01 pm

Dude, as a kid, I rewatched that Saved by the Bell Christmas special 100 times on TBS... on PURPOSE! :scaq: :scmm: :schal: :scbaf:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:20 pm

I still watch.

RIP Screech

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:29 pm

Speaking of John Ritter, just watched the Problem Childs. :)
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:12 am

OK I see and that's cool, I wouldn't know since I no longer have a DVR :roll: :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Hah, Bad Santa was OK and yes, I miss John Ritter today. the Promblem Child films were some of the best ever!

Here is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation via VHS promos! This is one of My all-time fave Christmas movies. I may elaborate on them further :scbat: :scsm: :scww: :scww:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:17 am

Now, I don't know if this movie is any good. Directv has the free movie channels this week, and last night I was flipping channels and saw this had just ended. Well, the title piqued my interest, so I actually looked the trailer up online and DVRd it later on. So I haven't watched it yet. But it has Bruce Campbell, so how can it be bad? Had I known about this it would've been my pick for yesterday.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:30 pm

Interesting cast and has Michael Jai White. Maybe I'll give it a watch.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:20 am

First I didn't say it...No, I haven't seen the new Christmas Story yet. I might soon. I never saw that Black Friday either. It looks good and I might give it it a try. Dang, Michael Jai White, he is so underrated and I wonder why they chose to put legend Bruce Campbell in a department store fighting zombies :? Could it be because he worked at S-Mart & fought the Evil Dead :batlol: :wwshock: :smsmh:

Here's this new one, I might see this if they have it on Peacock later on :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:28 am

Ok, a couple quick reviews because we watched them both last night.

A Christmas Story Christmas is ok. It had an uphill climb to match it's classic predecessor but at least it isn't as awful as a Christmas Story 2. It's surprising how heavy a presence Darrin McGavin has it, and I thought that was really nice because he does carry the original. It's got some good moments and it is cool to see everyone grown up.

Black Friday. Another decent film. It doesn't really break new ground on the zombie genre, but it's an ok watch. Bruce Campbell is good in it, and the other characters have their moments. It's probably a little extra funny if you've ever worked retail, but there are worse ways to spend 90 minutes.

Violent Night looks interesting. It makes me think of The Night the Reindeer Died.

Scrooged is one of my all-time favorites. As a kid, we always did Christmas morning then in the afternoon we'd go to my grandma's house for dinner and more presents. I'm not sure why, but 1988 was different, and the whole family went to see Scrooged at the theatre. We had a whole row to ourselves. My mother is one of those people that talks during movies, so when Bill Murray points to the crowd at the one person who wouldn't be quiet during the film, I remember we all turned to look at her and chuckle, lol.

Lee Majors Bonus!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:58 pm

Man, gotta love some Lee Majors action. For me, that guy makes everything better and bad things watchable.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions