Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Christmas Countdown: Toons that Croon

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Christmas Countdown: Toons that Croon

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm

I wanted to do something cartoon related because one of the best things of Christmas was all the cartoon specials that air. Even now I still look forward to many of the classics that still air while resorting to DVDs and online for other ones I loved growing up. But I didn't want to do long writes up on them like the Toon thread, and I didn't want to just post parts of them because that didn't make much sense, and besides, like with Halloween they could be put in the catch-all Christmas thread. And then I got an idea.

I got a terrible, awful idea.

Ok, well it isn't really terrible or awful, but it was an idea. There's lot's of Christmas songs I love that come from cartoons, and hell, if I wanted I could take up the entire song thread with just songs from toons. But there's also so many great Christmas songs that they probably deserve their own separate threads, and so, I decided we'll do a thread of just songs from cartoons.

And since we're a day behind, I'm going to start off with a two-fer. And please, share whatever songs you might like.

One of my favorite songs frm one of my favorite specials...

And Fred spreading yuletide joy...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Christmas Countdown: Toons that Croon

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:55 pm

Out of that lot, probably that Fred Flintstone tune is my favourite. Really brings me back. Doesn't he also sing Dino the Dinosaur on this flick?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:42 am

When I was a kid, Jack Frost wasn't really one I cared for. I don't know if it's because there was no Santa or reindeer, or what, but in more recent years I've come to really like it. I still sing this one all the time. In fact, my wife gave me the stink eye the other day for singing it. Rubbadub-dub-dub-dub-rub!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:24 pm

For a moment there I thought you were singing the song from Sesame Street where Ernie sings with a bunch of other characters in his tub and Bert puts his ear to the door and has this expression that cracks me up to this day.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:12 am

This is all wonderful. First one comes to mind is The Grinch. My Mom recorded it for Me when I was a youngster, still such a classic :!:

Trailer!

Song!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:01 am

Ah, the Grinch, a classic. When I was a kid we had the record of the show and i still remember the B-side was a song called The Kitty Ate the Tinsel Off the Christmas Tree.

Another favorite of mine was A Mickey's Christmas Carol. I remember as a kid it would always be on NBC on a Friday in December. Then for a few years in the 90s it wasn't on and I was disappointed. Until my Aun found a VHS copy of it somewhere for me. Now it's on Disney+.

I always loved the opening credits song...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:35 am

Oh yes, all that is great. I seen that Disney one, it was one of the many that My Mom Recorded Me back then but its been quite sometime since I've seen it and yes its a great one :scbat:

Toyday is Charles M. Schulz Birthday, the creator of PEANUTS :!:

His Wikipedia page ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_M._Schulz

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 am

Happy birthday, Mr. Schulz!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:31 pm

Happy birthday to Mr. S!

Was the entire Spongebob episode done in that style?
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:43 pm

Yes, yes it was. They also made a Halloween one a few years ago.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions