Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:33 am

Oh yes it was. Well, whenever you got the time and wantin' t get involved with something spooky then watch Werewolf, you'll be so in to. maybe a lot of people did, I don't know. Yeah, I was the same way for a while about the lack of Jason too. Oh there was a lot of good episodes especially the one with Billy Drago :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:13 am

So here here is a bit of a repost with a small update of USA's Night Flight & Saturday Nightmares again when TV was fun and weekends were great :?:

Here is USA's Up All Night with Rhonda Shear! Gosh these were fun too :batsmile:

Rhonda was one of the hottest hosts of the 80s & early 90s then she just faded away. Sometimes she's co-host it with the late great Gilbert Gottfried too.

Since it was also on USA, sometimes she'd stop by the WWF and be a guest interviewer with The Beverly Brothers and more!

Here's a Halloween special!

Here she is interviewing WWF's Wrestlers :!:

She was also big for Wrestlemania X :!:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:36 am

So moving on to TNT's Monstervision that was a great alternative to USA's shows. It was fantastic. After USA dropped their great stuff I just posted, TNT wasn't doing it and still was trying to have that classic spooky/horror/Halloween fun despite things was changing in the mid to late 90s.

Here is the cool intros!

Here is your host JOE BOB BRIGGS. He was a great comedian :)

Joe Bob had his Drive-Inn Theater and his companion was the gorgeous,classy hot, sultry & big boobed mail girl Honey Gregory, she was so dang sweet, see if there's any babes like her now!

Here is few pics her lovely hotness that only the 90s could have along with Joe Bob :batsmile:

ImageImage

I miss her as she just disappeared, she could have been so much more :roll: I really miss their chemistry together and I love the show's setup and look as well :blbat:

She disappeared and became an Attorney :roll:

Later on she was replaced when the web was taking over. The show was kinda going down hill from there :roll:

He made an appearance on Rhonda Shear Presents with Joe Flaherty as well :o

Of course Turner was huge on wrestling with WCW but before the days of Monday Nitro on TNT there was Monstervision's specials of Godzilla and they even made it as inspiration of wrestling and even after :batsmile:

Here is Joe Bob in a VERY SPECIAL INTERVIEW with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper about THEY LIVE & more :o

He was also on The Movie Channel :!:

He recently made a comeback titling his new show The Last Drive-In and while it is/was OK, it just wasn't the same IMO.

I miss these times and Joe Bob's show and the classic times on TNT. It was a Shudder exclusive and is also on Youtube. the film critic that is Joe Bob is older now and quite the veteran but with the return show byt he isn't alone as he has a new mail girl called Darcy the Mail Girl (played by adult model & actress Diana Prince :o

She is really exotic and unlike his previous mail carrying babes, she is a brunette but still big boobed :batsmile:

They would have the same act as it was in the 90s.

There was one particular episode that they talked about The Boggy Creek Creature Movies and was actually on location searching for the Fouke Monster :shock:

Here they all are TOGETHER :o :shock: :batshock: :smgasp: :wwshock:

Out of the 2 incarnations of the show I prefer the original TNT version as I do with most older stuff compared to modern and as good looking as Diana "Darcy" Prince is I like Honey Gregory way, way more as she just had a better personality and those expressions, that says it all :blbat:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:45 am

OK, continuing TNT, here is one that I really liked. I know your not a big Mortal Kombat fan but I have always found MK spooky in many ways, even the current stuff but not as much as the originals in the 90s. I mean sometimes it can be a horrorfest with the settings and of course the fatalities not to mention guest appearances by Freddy & Jason, Alien & Predator to name a few. The game franchise always had some of the coolest locations & scenery, the neatest looking male fighters & creatures and some of the most absolute hottest & stunning female fighters ever seen too because the 90s was THE decade for that IMO :batsmile: It was cool times that they had the prequel series to the first two films on TNT right after WCW Monday Nitro in 98. My Grandma never wanted to play the games because she would always lose to Me however, My Grandpa would watch Me play the games on My game systems and he watched the films with Me along with her as well so they knew a bit about the franchise. He was actually excited about the TV show. Even though Blood Runs Cold was an inspirational attempt on WCW's part a bout a year or so earlier, it was so fun right after WCW Monday Nitro that the REAL ACTUAL Mortal Kombat would be on :blbat:

NOTE: I might post a lot more MK in the future :batsmile:

More to come soon :blbaf:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:49 am

So since i was on a roll talking about some great women of late night horror, I thought I'd go ahead and post this now instead of later like I thought I would. So, I have liked a lot of things. Women is one of'em and some of My favorite women are in horror and spooky themed films & TV programs. You saw some great ones on the previous pages but here is some others that I really liked throughout the years and many of them were precursors to one another and any scary woman you have seen over the decade or even longer all were inspired by these beautiful front-runners of yesterday and like anything else of the past, i never want them to fall into oblivion :!:

The first woman of the Universal Monsters The Bride of Frankenstein is the grandmother of all women of horror! She had such remarkable beauty for such an undead lady that was brought to life by her Dr. Frankenstein :blaq:

She was played the legendary Elsa Lancaster who was one of the best actresses of her time.

Here is the trailer!

Here is the score by Frans Waxman, its one of the best ever from the golden vintage days :!:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:50 am

Vampira was one of the first if not the first of the exotic & strange kind in films and is known for her big appearance in 1959's Plan 9 from Outer Space :blww:

She was played Malia Nurmi who was one of the first Finnish actresses known and was quite bizarre yet quite stunning in her own unique way.

Here is the movie she's know for along with Tor Johnson!

Though Morticia Addams' character first appeared in 1960 on TV, her character predates Vampira by decades in stories & comics and was TV's first spooky wife :o

She played was by Carolyn Jones whom was really good.

Here is the intro!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:51 am

Now here is My favorite Lily Munster of the great Munsters TV sitcom which was basically a return of sorts for Universal Monsters and arguably the first wife of horror on TV. When I was a youngster she was My fave and over time I really saw her beauty. There is very few characters that are spooky or not that really matches her great looks, acting, personality and one thing I have always loved about her is her expressions. One thing I love about women is the looks they get on their face, I don't know how many guys out there really pay attention to their women like that but I always have Lily Munster was really THE ONE :!:

Here is a bit of fantasy art of Lily Munster :batsmile:

She was played by Yvonne De Carlo whom was such a beauty and I love her eyes, Out of all the actresses (other than The Three Stooges' Christine McIntyre) that I know from her era, she was My favorite of all :batsmile:

Here is the cool & fun intro!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:52 am

Believe it or not, even to this day Elvira is the most popular and with good reason. She's really tied with Lily Munster for Me to be honest. She is what the 80s is all about. Really, you cannot ask for a more exotic & comedic horror babe than her :blhal:

Dang, does Elvira have the most powerful Boobs in the Universe :? :shock: :blbat:

She is so classic 80s :blbat:

Oh Elvira can be quite fun, imagine going on the beach and seeing her there...

or going down a dark alley and meeting her there :o

She can be so good at so many things including being an All-American :!:

Here is her cool movie posters and more :!:

She was a special guest at WWF Wrestlemania 2 in 1986 :o

If all of this wasn't enough she was a guest for NWA/WCW Halloween Havoc's three years in a row in 1989, 1990 & 1991 where she was responsible for the Chambers of Horror in 91 :shock:

So here is the woman that is behind the horror and that is none other than Cassandra Peterson. She is still at it too :!:

Here is her Halloween Special :!:

She was on MTV when it was actually "Music Television :blbat:

Elvira's Thriller Video :!:

Her movie trailers!

Bonus POSTERS!

So there's a lot of spooky women stuff and more to come in the future. Don't forget to check out My updated USA Up All Night, Joe Bob Briggs & More above. Next I am going to move on to some classic films and the like soon :blbat:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:12 pm

Haha Joe Bob Briggs, I saw him on the Stand! He was Deputy Joe Bob.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:49 am

AcidDragon wrote:Haha Joe Bob Briggs, I saw him on the Stand! He was Deputy Joe Bob.

Indeed, that was one of his firs appearances in a film in 1994! Yeah, he's one of those actors that uses his stage name in the films he's in, there's a lot of'em that do that particularly Jack Nicholson.

Arguably the most surprising scene & role he had was in 1997's Face/Off (this year marks it's 25th anniversary!). When We rented the film from Star Video, Blockbuster Video or Schnucks's Video Club when it first came out on VHS, Me & My Grandparents were really surprised to see him as a Prison Medical Technician cause We were watching TNT's MonsterVision regulatory and We just didn't expect him to show up and during these times, the web was still a newer thing and there wasn't any sites back then where you just couldn't look up the cast compared to now :o

He's been in a lot of stuff and who knows,I might cover more of his later on ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions