Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:34 am

I see. Well if you do, post'em where they can get attention. Like I said I might post Mine in the Cryptozoology topic as that can deal with paranormal or anything strange as well so see if you want to do that :)

Thems were all pretty good. Ray Wise is really a good actor, he can be good (Swamp Thing), he can be bad (RoboCop), or he can be vengeful (Jeepers Creepers 3) or like what you just posted :!:

OK, you posted Matanza's theme yesterday and I said I might post My fave Lucha Underground moment. Well I followed the awesome Penta vs. Vampiro feud very closely, it became one of My faves of recent times. I still watch it from time to time as it was just an instant classic (which considering much in this day & age isn't allowed to be one IMO) as I just loved how the whole thing went. So It might not be superbly scary but the way it looks and stuff I thought post it here for Halloween :blhal:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:37 pm

Penta was pretty hardcore back then. His matches with Sami Callihan in Impact were pretty brutal, too. Not sure if he wanted to get away from that style, but he's yet to really have a match like that in AEW and lord knows they don't shy away from blood.

We always loved the Stefon segments...

Wish the whole cartoon was on youtube...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:20 am

Oh yes, I miss that type of style. I think it was the last of it too. Penta really got toned down in AEW. Seeing AEW compared to Lucha Underground :roll:

Glad you did but that SLN was ok. I really never got into the new stuff after the 90s. I remember seeing that SyFy commercial or something like it before, that was really cool PB :)

Oh that's great one. if you WANT to see it, Internet Archive has the WHOLE MOVIE ---> https://archive.org/details/daffyducksquackbusters. They have a lot there, you just gotta look around for this. If you got a good video sniffer you can DOWNLOAD IT TOO ;) It's terrific quality by the way :shock:

Those were really good and early spooky Atari video games. I have at least one'em on My Atari Flashbacks games for PS4.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:37 pm

Thanks for that link. I actually watched it. I miss when stuff like that was on TV. They didn't even air The Great Pumpkin on PBS this year because stupid Apple+ owns the rights and is offering/offered a day where you could watch it for free. Luckily, I still have it on the DVR from last year. Screw all these streaming companie

Why have I never heard or seen this before????

Vincent sent me.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:54 am

Yes, I heard that PBS was taking it, off :x See why I was complaining in my Glory Days of video Rentals with Red Box, Netflix, the digital age and all that. It was so music better the way it was :roll:

All of those Vincent Price & Muppets were great!

OK, here is this. Are you familiar with the Haunted that aired on Fox back in 1991. Here is the link ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunted_(1991_film)

Anyway, they just made a Conjurering movie about the Warrens (real life ghostbusters & demonologists), their depictions are in the Haunted. It was a big deal back then. We recorded on VHS during it's world premier and I have seen this movie many times. Her is a a brief ad about it + a short scene.

Here is the actual movie. I used to watch it all the all back then. I really liked how it was, parts of it made Me feel good. NOTE: The Little girl in The Monster Squad is this too ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 am

Very familiar with the Warrens but have not seen that movie.

Ok, I mentioned I've had a few odd experiences, not necessarily ghosts, but just strange things. Here's one. About a decade or maybe even longer, we went on a group ghost hunt at the above location. It's been featured on several shows like Ghost Hunters. I don't know if you're familiar with Chip Coffey the psychic medium, but he's from Elmira, NY which is south of Buffalo, and my wife used to work with a childhood friend of his so we've met him several times. Chip was part of this ghost hunt. Anyway, so during this event at one point we all sat down on the floor in a circle in one of the rooms and asked some questions with an EVP recorder. It was pitch black and while we were sitting there, I swear I felt (because you couldn't see anything) a small animal like a cat scoot behind me really fast. I don't know how to describe it, but I could sense something small run behind me.

Later I asked if there were any animals in the place and they said there used to be cats but they haven't had any in years. So, make of that what you will.

One of the more creepy things I've heard in recent years and on Coast to Coast AM in the past...

And something funny to clean the pallete...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:23 am

Yes, I know about the BEC, for a long while now, really creepy :? I liked ELR, I had a small crush on his play-wife for a while, Peter Boyle was always great and the huge guy that was Hulk Hogan & Krang's voice was always great!

That experience seemed really scary there. Holy crap, you know Chip Coffey :o Is he as nice & calm in perosn like he is on TV? Have you had any big conversations with him?

YES, I am quite familar with Chip Coffey, first here is Chip's YT!

https://www.youtube.com/user/chipcoffey

I first knew about him over a decade ago, back in the heyday really when Supernatural was on. He was almost a regular on A&E's Paranornal State. We used to watch it all the time. This is only a brief part of an episode, Chip isn't seen here.

Here is this and Chip is is this one!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:02 am

I wouldn't say I know him. We met a few times back in the day. Thinking about it, it must've been around 2010. We had a cookout at the friend's house and ate dinner with him around a picnic table. He did a reading for my wife because of the way she lost her father, so it had to be around that time. He's just like you see him on TV. At least he was. He also had Psychic Kids on around that time that we watched. He was very nice. I think my wife lost touch with that lady as the years went by in their jobs. I don't believe they work together anymore, and Chip lives in Georgia now. I have a few pictures of us with him somewhere.

This 'Sesame Street' Episode That Was Banned for Being “Too Scary” Just Resurfaced Online

https://www.mentalfloss.com/posts/banne ... ounting%29.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:07 am

I see, well that whole thing is amazing PB. I had no idea he was from New York. Thanks for sharing that about you experience and all that :)

I remember reading about that Sesame Street episode a while back. I never knew about it till then nor watch it till now. Dang she sounded a lot like the original witch. I can see why kids would have been afraid of it then especially with threats of turning into things. Seeing that episode kinda brought back the times when I used to watch Sesame Street. Makes Me sad though kinda good too. I think that black gal was one of the first black women I saw on TV and I remember I liked her. Amazing how it was then. Seems like a thousand years ago then again last week :roll:

Here is a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe episode I always loved. My Mom used to record Me He-man all the time for Me. Most of any episode I guess could be considered scary in a way but this one I always thought had a bit more of a "spookiness" to it for Halloween. If you loved He-Man as much as I do this might bring a tear or two to your eye, it's such a wonderful one :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:55 am

I know exactly what you mean. I love old cartoons and stuff, they take me back to simpler days. I recently get into the Pink Panther more because a local station plays them on Saturday mornings at 7 AM. I wasn't a huge PP fan when I was younger as things like Looney Tunes were more my speed, but now I think I appreciate them more. Even stuff like Roland and Ratfink, The Inspector, the Ant and the Aardvark, lol.

Then a song will come on Sirius XM and they put the year next to it and it'll be like 35 years old when it feels like just yesterday it cane out. As Metallica says, time marches on...

I loved He-Man as a kid. Every day at 3PM right after school on channel 2! The History channel just debuted The Toys That Built America Season 2 last Sunday and it covered Mattel passing on Star Wars, which led for them to search for the next big toy which eventually was....He-Man. There were some interesting pitfalls along the way. I didn't know that the original plan was for He-Man to be a licensed product for the Conan movie but then Mattel previewed the movie and found out it was rated-R, bloody and had boobies, so they had to scramble to rebrand it. Funny, only a few years later nobody blinked an eye with a Rambo toy line, lol, and he killed half of South Asia.

I've mentioned this a few times over the years. I was only 5 or so, but I remember how big a deal Michael Jackson was and how Thriller was huge. I remember seeing a Making of on MTV before the actual video several times. Or it mightve been on HBO. Or both. It was a longtime ago, lol.

I didn't want to post Thriller in the music thread because it's low hanging fruit, but the whole movie itself is something entirely different.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions