Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 MORE Days of Bloody Commercial Breaks

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Bloody Commercial Breaks

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Definitely seen that one many times.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:21 am

I never saw that one before, cool PB :) I miss them original Fruitpies. I loved the TMNT versions back in 91/92, IMO they were the best ever!

Oh I figured you saw that one so I would imagine you saw this one too as they usually played it in around the same time :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:31 pm

Hostess pies were the best. They had so many flavors back then. I remember that Kit Kat commercial but the vampire one is much more memorable.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:47 am

Yep. That was a good one there PB :)

Here's these I notice several weeks ago :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:40 am

I have not seen those.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:52 am

Huh. Yeah I think they might be exlcusive online as I have been noticing them on Tubi. That Hostess was still classic, hard to believe that 2002, 20 years ago this year :o

Here's a compilation of Dunkin' Donuts :blhal:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:58 am

Don't really recall those, but Dunkin Donuts wasn't around much back then. They disappeared for a decade or so around these parts, but they're back now. Though Tim Hortons is probably the reigning coffee shop around here.

And a bonus werewolf themed...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:11 am

I see. Yeah, We had a Dunkin' Donuts on Chippewa (down the street from where Movie King was) and it went out of business fairly early as I only went there a couple times with My Grandparents. This must have been sometime between 1987 - 1989 or so. There hasn't been one in My area since :roll:

To My knowledge, there has never been a Tim Horton's in My area but that looked really cool.

Dang, I forgot about those where that guy talks to kids but I don't recall that Werewolf one however it's pretty fun PB :)

Here is this really cool Zombie commercial :blsm: :blww: :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:25 am

Yeah, Tim Hortons is more of a Canadian/northern chain. Tim Horton was a Canadian Hall of Fame defensemen who played for the Toronto Maple Leafs and ended his career with the Buffalo Sabres. In the 1960s he opened a coffee shop in Hamilton, Ont. Today there are 4600 Tim Hortons in Canada alone, and dozens in this area. I've seen them as far south as West Virginia because everyone swears by their coffee and after two weeks in Myrtle Beach my wife and mother-in-law have to get a Timmys coffee as soon as possible on the way home, lol. I'm not a coffee drinker, I can't even stand the smell. Tim Horton died in a car crash driving back to Buffalo from a road game in Toronto in 1974. Even though he only played two season in Buffalo at the end of his career, his jersey #2 is one of a few retired numbers that hang in the rafters at the arena downtown as he helped a fledgling team make it to the playoff early in their existence.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:41 am

I see. yeah, I'm not big on Coffee either but who knows I might be later on. What a sad story about him. Thanks for the nice trivia there PB :) Gosh, I never saw that Hardee's commercial before but I do have that Bat however, it was really cool back then :)

Not exactly scary but...

and here is a Hardee's too. I had showcased these babies in My GBs Vintage last year, gosh Hardees really rocked durin' these times :batgrin:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions