Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Creepy Coming Soons

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:15 pm

Ah, Little Nicky. My wife's grandma loved Adam Sandler movies and when a new one would come out we'd watch it with her. It wasn't always easy because some of his movies are pretty awful, but Little Nicky wasn't bad, lol.

You should check out Ticker and Dale. I love Alan Tudyk, and knew Tyler Labine from Reaper. It's pretty amusing horror-comedy about continuous misunderstandings that lead to some bloody scenes. Definitely more funny than scary.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:39 am

Ah that sounded good & fun there PB :) Yeah, his movies were kinda bad and stuff but what he did just wasn't on par with the other comedy guys from during that age or before :roll:

Maybe I'll see'em, ya never know.

Ah, Body Parts, it was good. I remember My Grandpa was quite yucked about it because he had a nervousness about human anatomy and all that stuff. He braved it when I was sick though, he was quite strong for Me :( Anyway, he was a big Jeff Fahey fan, every movie he'd see him in he'd say That Damn Jeff Fahey. Oh he had such a sense a humor, he could make anybody laugh and feel good :) The movie was pretty fair. Not My fave but I sure remember the hype for it when it first came out in 91 :blbaf:

Speaking of My Grandpa and we were talking about the Thing before, he loved the original The Thing from Another World from 1951. He introduced Me to this film before the 82 version (I didn't see that till later) at a young age. I already adored the Three Stooges and We were watching Universal Monsters so I used to older stuff like that so this film wasn't hard to watch, it's truly a classic!

NOTE: As great as this movie is, it doesn't follow the original story Who Goes There? close at all, the Carpenter one & prequel does however, very close!

Here is the title & music. The music was by Dimitri Tiomkin whom was LEGENDARY. He was My Grandpa's first early fave when he was a young man. We'd watch this movie many times after he recorded it from TV when I was a youngster. I remember laying on the couch with him in the dark and he'd tell Me listen to the music, I would I'd hear how great it was. If only there was more people to connect like this and to talk about this stuff, it can bring so much more to them :) That fanfare is so great...listen to this golden music:!: These were such great times :(

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:22 pm

That's cool. Never seen the 50s version. Honestly, if it wasn't the classic monsters or something with Vincent Price, there aren't many black and white horror movies I've seen.

Body Parts was ok. I remember renting it around that time. Kind of like this one...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:40 am

Really? I'm funny about the old b&w movies yes but if there's creatures & monsters in'em I'm all for it.

OK. Shock was pretty good. I remember how cool it was that it was We Craven and all that but it really never took off like ANOES did which was a shame cause I thought it had some good moments. This was the first time I saw Mitch Pileggi. I didn't see him since I saw the first X-Files as he was Skinner. I might talk more about Shocker in My Horror topic later on :)

Speaking of Freddy, here is the classic trailer for his first movie! It was so cool when the kids were into this back then, it was amazing for Halloween at My school because they would have a Halloween party every year and I loved being a part of it :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:23 am

I didn't know Mitch Pileggi was Shocker until years after The X-Files and I saw images of the movie again. I didn't know who he was back then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:40 am

Yes, it was the same way with Me. Like I said. I didn't know him when I first saw Shocker, heck this just triggered where I first saw it...it was either at Verna's Mr. T's or Movie King like it late 89 - 90 :o Anyway when I saw his character in the X-Files in 93 or so I'm like is that the Shocker guy and sure enough it was :shock:

Holy heck, I was just thinkin' of Dead Heat yesterday...I was like nah, I'm not gonna post that one and then you do...what the heck is going on here :? I liked the film but I didn't see it till the mid 2000s. My Grandma picked the DVD up for Me over at Save A Lot (the same one you saw in My Glory Days of Video Rentals) when they had movies to buy as a surprise as she thought's I'd really like it because of the story, who was in it like Treat Williams, the wrestler-like zombie bikers and so on. It's something how that movie was overlooked by Us back then. Cool PB :)

With all of this talk about Vincent Price from you PB, you do know he's from St. Louis Mo right :? :o OK, one cannot skip mentioning his The Fly Movie! You have seen it right :?: Don't forget he made a guest appearance in Daffy Duck's Quackbusters in the beginning too :blmm:

There is more to The Fly franchise, enter if you dare :wwsmh: :smgasp: :blbat:

Spoiler:
OK, if you any of you spectators isn't familiar with his design, his son is revealed in Return of the Fly in 1959 trailer :shock: :batsmh: :smgasp: :wwsmh:

If that wasn't enough here is 1965's Curse of the Fly :!:

NOTE: I am big fan of the [b]REMAKES from 1986 & 1989, I may post a special about them in My Horror Topic later on :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:44 am

I'm more familiar with the 80s films. Not even sure I knew there was a 3rd movie of the originals. Never knew where VP was from. He should have a museum down there or something, lol.

Since I posted a werewolf song over in that thread....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:35 am

How about that. Oh VP was huge here. yes, the third was good. the main woman was really good too in it. Who knows I might elaborate further on them. Oh yes, the 80s versions was really great horror films especially The Fly II :blbat:

Dang, I never saw Late Phases before, maybe I'll give that a shot one day.

Here is a really cool horror film that came out in 2016 simply called "Monster" :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:13 am

Don't think I ever saw that preview before. Was thinking Beast of Bray Road until the end. Now I'm not sure what kind of monster that was, lol. Certainly accomplishes piquing your interest.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:12 am

Nope, it isn't, it's nothing like you really saw before. It was a really good one. I never saw Behind the Mask movie. Looked cool, maybe I'l look in to later one.

Here is POPCORN the movie from 1991 :!:

Here is Dark City from 1998 that predated The Matrix by a year :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions