Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Creepy Coming Soons

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:45 am

Think I've seen parts of that over the years but never sat down and watched the whole thing. I remember seeing Miguel Ferrer in something like that. That's another dude that gets around in films, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:04 am

Yes he was. Again, I seriously recommend you seeing it from beginning to end, its so good. I never got around to seeing Trick 'r Treat, maybe soon.

Since I spoke of IT, here is both new chapters from 2017 & 2019. Bother film close to 3 hours each. Now imagine seeing these on a 50 foot screen huge speakers of the IMAX screen and yes seeing horror movies on something like that no less!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:29 am

I haven't seen the new versions. Honestly, not really interested, especially after King was one of those nutjobs like Madonna after the election. Speaking of those nutjobs..

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:50 am

Oh I know, it made so many people show their true colors, even Arnold I'm afraid :roll: Don't get Me wrong here, the new ones are great & epic and seems like a huge budget Stranger Things with the 80s & kids stuff but it really had some errors like i said before...they had a Mortal Kombat game cabinet in 1989...IN 1989 which it didn't come out till 1992, 30 years ago this year :shock: The climax of the second one was kinda bittersweet because you don't really see what Pennywise is compared to the original 1990 one. I may like the music more in the new ones but the old one is more satisfactory because of that said ending!

Here is John Carpenter's Price of Darkness from 1987. He just did Big Trouble in Little China in 86 (I got a big plan for that later cause it's one of My faves) and a couple of the Chinese guys are in this one. Donald Pleasance is here and even Alice Cooper even has a cameo. This one really has a great story. A year later He did they Live, amazing what Carpenter was going here :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Yeah, John Carpenter had an amazing run back then. That's another one I've seen parts of but don't think I've ever watched the whole thing. I was more into slasher type films when I was younger.

It would be criminal to not include at least one Vincent Price movie this month.

Interestingly enough, the house that was used for this film, there's a house just below it on the hill where a murder-suicide occurred the same year in 1959. Coincidence? Maybe, or was something evil unleashed?

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/los ... er-mansion

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:03 am

I see and the thing is they say in the film he's extraterritorial :o Oh yes, Vincent Price was great and that may have been a coincidence or maybe not :? Great stuff PB :)

Here's the classic Blair Witch film. It was really good and I love the spooky scenery! Gosh I miss classic late 90s horror like this!

NOTE, As great as it is, this was NOT the FIRST Found Footage film (I love Found Footage Movies!) :? I have seen some that predates this and I will elaborate about one in time :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:07 am

Ah, Blair Witch was such a big deal back then. It's still holds up alright.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:51 am

Wait, I never said anything about Once Bitten, it just escaped Me. That was the one that made Jim Carrey who'd he'd become like Ace Ventura & The Riddler years later!

Oh yes, TBWP was, despite tons of found footage films after it, there really was nothing like it before.

Oh that one was something!

Here is the cool sequel, I really liked the Gothic girl. Though the film kinda lacked what made the first what it was.

Here is the remake. Unlike the originals, I saw this at the show. I found it to be pretty good. NOTE: When you see this and compare how the people are here compared to the 99 version, I find it so amazing how different became :roll:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:52 pm

See, I saw the original in theatres but haven't seen the new version at all.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:32 am

Cool, I would give the remake a chance, it was pretty good. I never seen that Dale & Tucker, I might give that a watch later on.

You just saw My Little Monsters comic, well here is the classic trailer to go with it :blaq:

OK, I just posted My Little Nicky McFarlane figures in My Modern Action figure Topic (check it out soon please) so here is the 2000 trailer to coincide with it :blsm:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions