Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Creepier Coming Soons

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Creepy Coming Soons

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:31 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:28 am

Oh indeed it was. How about that, I'm not sure how you didn't know about the prequel PB, it was great!

92's Dracula was something else! I really liked DDALT. I loved the women in there :batsmile: Ah Jack Frost, dang I was just thinking of that last night that you might post it now or for your Christmas topic(s) (what is going on here PB :? that was good but quite nuts. You know about the sequel right :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:07 pm

I almost posted Jack Frost with Uncle Sam because I kind of lump all the cheesy horror movies from that time into the same basic category. Not sure I ever saw the sequel. We rented so many bad horror movies back then I honestly can't recall all of them, lol. I guess there were plans to make it a trilogy.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:25 am

I see. yes there was plans. The main actor died and the director didn't want to do it without him :roll: You can post the sequel if ya want ;)

Here is Stephen King's Silver Bullet. I am a somewhat King fan but My Grandma loved him, she bought his novels and read them all. You just saw how I expressed My love for Alien & Aliens with My Grandpa...well My Grandma told Me about Silver Bullet and I loved it. We watched it countless time together, it was one of her favorite movies. It is a fantastic film. It has such great moments with great country scenes and the siblings are really good together. This was the first time I saw Gary Busey, this was before his dreaded motorcycle accident. I don't know if you ever saw it but this is one of the best werewolf films and best horror movies you could watch :batsmile:

As a sweet BONUS, here is a funny scene with an old NWA Wrestling Match :o If your not familiar with the movie/this scene then stop at :54 seconds cause something bad happens to him but go ahead if you know how it goes :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:13 am

Honestly, not sure I've ever seen that. I've never gone out of my way to see too many Stephen King movies. Cool, there was an NWA match on tv. Bust 'em up!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:48 am

Huh how about that. Yep, NWA had a cameo ;) I loved Mad Monster Party, My mom recorded it for Me long ago on VHS :)

Here is one of his finest ones. the remake was good but really lack the awesome climax that this one had. I remember when I saw part 1 at the show back in 2017 asking this young this couple in line if they saw the original and they said no. I told them it was pretty big back in 90 when it premiered on TV and I was excited for it. I felt like a veteran of movies even then :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:11 am

I haven't seen the remakes, but I remember this being a big deal when it ran on ABC, I believe. I remember watching it and being a little creeper out, but I think I was disappointed by the ending, but that could be due to it being made for TV more than anything. Not sure. Never read the book, so. But it had some of my favorite 80s actors in John Ritter, Harry Anderson, and Tim Curry, so how could it be bad?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:14 am

The remakes are good & epic but just doesn't beat the original plus I couldn't believe they put Mortal Kombat in 1989, somebody didn't do their homework there and like I said, the original's climax is way better, we see what PENNYWISE REALLY IS, in the remake we really don't :roll:

I was waiting for this. Is all I'm going to say is I loved Piper, great film but not My fave Carpenter one.

Hot Rod himself tweeted this:

Rowdy Piper They Live Documentary.jpg

3 years later Piper was gone. With that being said. I deep dived, went down wabbit h0les and saw what he was talking about. Owen Hart & Russo isn't even 1% of it :o That's all I have to say about it :?
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:15 am

I watched this a few years ago for the first time in forever, and I was surprised Marcy Darcy (Amanda Bearse) was the girlfriend. I hadn't seen this since before Married with Children so never made the connection.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:48 am

Ah yes, Fright Night is great classic, great score too!

Here is Stephen King's The Night Flier. This is arguably the best King movie EVER! It is truly a great vampire/Dracula film. If you never saw this I seriously recommend it. I love the build up of and the climax is GOLD! Its a pure HORROR FEST :blbat: In fact I love it almost as much as Silver Bullet!

EDIT: Here is the FULL MOVIE ON YT! Like I said, if you never seen it oh man it's superb! I'd watch it on your big TV to get that full effect if you can PB ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions