Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:46 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:53 am

That was weird but good. Amazing Glover became Lando in Solo :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:30 am

I haven't seen this on the TV schedule yet, but I wanted to recommend checking out Quantum Leap season 3 episode 5 titled "The Boogieman". It's one of my favorite Halloween themed episodes of any show and I watch every year around this time. I didn't want to spoil any of the twists, and even if you've never seen Quantum Leap, you don't really need to know anything but the basics of the shows plot to enjoy it. It's a great, spooky episode. Here's the synopsis:

In this episode, Sam leaps into Joshua Ray, a horror novelist, on October 31, 1964. As he leaps in, strange things start to happen. And it gets worse and worse... until something unexpected happens.

It's a terrific episode, with some great twists up until the last seconds of the show. Go out of your way to see it. If you have SyFy it should be on soon, probably on Halloween since they air episodes on Mondays. I'll post if I see it on the schedule.

"When I was growing up, Halloween was always one of my favorite holidays. "Trick or treat", we used to say. Of course, back then we always expected a treat, and if we did play a trick, it was always funny and harmless. But tonight there were no treats. There were no tricks. There was only death."
-Dr. Sam Beckett

Update: looks like it's free online here (you don't need roku):
https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/0 ... 0b58d26fd5
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:12 am

Yeah, My DVR days are over :roll: It looks ok, I might see about checking it out.

Here is this moment and it was one of the last like it before the PG era happen. I know Trinity was like wow here and Kelly Kelly was quite awkward here at first but let's face it, Ariel looked and fit the theme of the whole thing. Shame the fans didn't see it that way. Her superb dance @ 3:12 should have won it in the first place as IMO that pose ruled! Another thing about Kelly Kelly, when I first saw Alex Bliss and beyond I look at her eyes and I'm like she looks like Kelly Kelly and I'm like did we need another Kelly Kelly :roll: Also we have Taz & Justin Roberts, it's like AEW is an alternate reality :?

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:32 am

Give The Boogieman a try if you've never seen it. There are four things I have to watch every Halloween. It's the Great Pumpkin, Garfield's Halloween Adventure. The Montser Squad, and that episode of Quantum Leap. Sure, I'll watch other things if I come across them on TV, but those are the four I'll go out of my way to watch. You won't be disappointed how you spent those 45 minutes! Just click on the link at the bottom of that post and you can watch for free online. Free!

Ah, the Diva Halloween stuff. I almost posted those a few times. You know, I didn't mind them back then, but I don't really miss the Divas stuff. I mean, I'd feel kind of awkward if my kids were watching that with me. Plus, I prefer the actual women's wrestling. Good to see CM Punk. Who knows if we'll ever see him again.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:35 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:01 am

I never saw them before, those were pretty good PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:27 am

Seriously, watch Quantum Leap!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:41 am

OK, I will give it it a shot PB ;)

Gosh, I'm familiar with most of them greats! My Grandma loved Sleepy Hollow & Mr. Toad. Say, they also advertised one of My faves there....I posted this is My Horror topic last year....I don't know if you watched it. This is such a classic!

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Replying to your Witch's Night Out reminded Me of this. My Grandpa recorded that along with The Halloween that Almost Wasn't on the Disney Channel when I was a kid in around 86 I believe. I don't know if your familiar with that one but its one of My all-time faves. Check it out, its a funny true classic :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:51 am

Yep, I probably haven't seen that since around that time myself. May have to give it a watch. I remember not knowing his name but recognizing Judd Hirsch from Taxi.

The original X-Files...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions