Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Curse of 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:09 am

One of my favorite newer bands is Graveyard Club, a synth-pop band out of Minnesota. They're less spooky than they are about spookiness, but they're a pretty perfect October band.

secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:50 am

Hey those ain't bad. Witchcraft has a very early 80s sound to it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:51 am

SWL, I hope you acknowledge the other stuff we posted here in this topic.

PB. It does sound like a decent. The music made the movie even better, your a huge fan of The Monster Squad, it would be nice to talk about the score when i posted it when this topic began. That is one of the reasons why I say its so important. People give rappers and bands these awards for a 5 minute song that only took a little effort while these composers ensemble an 40+ person orchestra and takes a long time to compose and what do they get :? Not enough people give the credit where it's due :?

I'll post Carpenter's The Thing later. Here is Marco Beltrami's The Thing. He is a tremendous horror composer, he's bit younger than Elfman but he made a name for himself with Scream in 1996. I was so excited when I heard this for the first time on My big stereo with the big speakers. I hope you listen to it, it will make you go WOW :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:56 am

Never saw that.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:26 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:54 am

I was never familiar with them, some different stuff there PB :)

You posted Phantoms earlier, here is a bit of the score. Its a very rare one buts is so tremendous, i have always loved since I first saw the film. It's by David C. Williams, no relation to John ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:10 pm

That would certainly fit a Halloween themed soundtrack.

Stephen Lynch is actually pretty good at musical comedy if you don't mind politically incorrect, sometimes raunchy humor.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:26 am

Oh indeed it is, the whole score is superb!

Yeah, sometimes I really got to be in a mood for today's style :roll:

I just posted the Silver Bullet trailer and expressed My feelings about it. Ah man, listening to these tracks just bring tears to My eyes. My Grandma loved this music by Jay Chattaway :(

Such a great song by Jay Chattaway & Rob B. Mathes, listen to that guitar...she loved this :(

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:09 am

Has a very yacht rock feel to it. Very early mid 80s. I read a few King books when I was younger, but most are way too thick and the endings usually disappointed. I really can't recall the last Stephen King movie I saw, maybe Thinner.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:51 am

Yeah, his books were quite thick but I don't know about the climaxes. Thinner was really good.

Boy, this Mad Monster Party brought tears to My eyes, so good :(

Here is the original IT theme!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions