Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Animals: Swallowtail Caterpillar!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Cryptozoology, Ufos, Dinos, Mythology, Animals discussio

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:05 am

Nope, never seen that one either. But now I kind of want to check it out.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:18 am

How about that. OK good, just make sure its uncut or something as you'll want the whole experience :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:38 am

So here is Harry and the Hendersons --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_and_the_Hendersons

This is one of My fave films. As recently & briefly noted in My Odds & Ends in My Glory Days of Movie Rentals My Grandma MiMi found this at Movie Mogul. She knew it was about Bigfoot and thought that I'd like it. I LOVED IT! It got Me interested in the creature and Cryptozoology itself which became such a fun subject for many reasons for Me. I believe My Mom bought it for Me from Sears sometime later. So now you know what was My first Sasquatch film I saw so the two great Boggy Creek films I just posted above I didn't see till later from Verna's Mr. T's & Movie King. Unlike those, HATH is not a not scary horror film nor depicted as an actual/inspirations of sightings but a larger than life story that is family friendly with great moments. It does however have a plethora of scenery of the great Pacific Northwest with a lot of animals and what the beautiful forest is all about. Harry is depicted at first as as an animal of monstrous proportions but soon is realized to be more of a human-being. Like a lot of family & kids films during this time, it can be a sad movie and darn near a tearjerker if you allow it. It does however have some good humor, nothing of the sort of this dry & bad tasting crap we see in this modern age. HATH has great meaning of what Bigfoot could be, meaning of life and just good stuff.

It stars great actor John Lithgow which this was the first time I seen him. Ever since he has always been one of them guys that I liking watching in movies. His play-wife Melinda Dillon from Close Encounters of the Third Kind and others including legendary actors David Suchet & Don Ameche. I love their characters. Suchet is a hunter whom wants to kill the Bigfoot cause he knows he's real. Ameche has a Bigfoot shop who only knows the stories, sightings & legends but has no faith if the creature really exists. They soon find out that the specie is indeed REAL and the hunter will be sorry he went after Harry :!:

Of course the "true" star is Harry whom is played by gentle giant Kevin Peter Hall. He was a wonderful actor. Here is an old pic of him with Arnold. Sadly not many people talk about him much anymore. He was the original Predator 1 & 2. He sadly died from aids in 1991. NO, he WASN'T gay, he got bad sick and needed a blood transfusion and that blood was INFECTED with the virus :o I was quite sad when I found this out all them years ago :(

Here is the classic trailer!

Now here is Bruce Broughton's great score. I have talked about him before. Now listen to this magic. I love the scary forest music too! I own the special edition score. It was tremendous when the finally released it! He is known for Silverado, The Monster Squad & Tiny Toons :!:

Here is the late Joe Cocker as he performs this magnificent song with Bruce Broughton called Love Lives On It was only heard in the end credits. If this doesn't a bring a tear to your eye especially if you watch the little scenes there and know they were in the film.

Now LOOK in the Wrestling Sitcom TOPIC, they made a TV show of this :o

That's all for now. I hope you liked this. We shall see what movie I will spotlight next, until then :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:07 am

I loved this movie growing up. The end always got me a little teary-eyed. I had no idea the actor who played Harry had died. That's sad. Unfortunate the way it happened, too.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:56 am

Of course, if this movie does't then somethings wrong. Indeed, I meant to say he was with his wife too when he left :(
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:03 pm

I normally wouldn't share this, but I thought you'd appreciate it. A few days ago, we had a warmer day after a string of cooler ones, so I wanted to get one more cut of the grass in this year. First, I had to pick up a few things the wind blew around the yard, and when I was in back, I saw an orange butterfly struggling around on the back patio. I figured he was having trouble with the wind. I didn't want to accidentally run him over with the tractor, so I picked him up with a piece of paper and put him in a potted plant we had on the patio and went to start mowing.

When I got to the back again on the tractor, I saw the same little guy had gotten out of the pot, and was again struggling on the concrete patio and heading toward the grass and certain doom. I didn't know if the poor little thing had injured a wing, but it looked like he couldn't fly. So, my daughter got a large measuring pitcher, put some sticks and grass in there and we brought him inside to give him time to heal his wings and then I figured in a few days we could walk him to the taller grass out back and let him loose.

I don't know where he came from, if the change in weather caused him to hatch or what, but looking at him closely, it looks like his wings didn't open properly. His front wings are kind of crinkled up. The little guy shakes and flutters his wings but no matter what he does he just can't too far off the ground My wife thought maybe we could coax his wings to open with some gentle touching, or just given more time they might, but doing some research it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

Knowing it's getting colder out soon, and he can't fly, I didn't want to condemn him to a certain, miserable death from the cold or from predators. Looking online, butterflies only live a few months at most, so we decided we would give him a warm, safe place to live out his days, and we adopted a butterfly!

My youngest son named him Matt, Matt the butterfly. He has some sticks to climb on, a bottle cap of sugar water, some fresh cut flowers we've changed every couple days, and a little piece of fruit (an orange, or banana is what was recommended for food). During the day we try to put him someplace sunny, and at night he gets his own closed room where the cats won't bother him. And occasionally my wife brings him out and he'll climb around on her, sit on her hand, etc. He tried to flap those wings, but he just can't fly. Even our chihuahua likes to sniff at him but he doesn't get rough, he's just curious.

I don't know how long we'll have him (online says 1-2 months), but I thought you might like to meet the newest member of our household.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:49 am

Oh that is wonderful that you and your family did that for a Butterfly, it makes Me feel good :D He looks like a Monarch Butterfly. See, he is a good bug ;) Their population is sadly decreasing all over, I only saw a handful of them and other species if even that the whole year, same thing with bees :roll: Really most insect population is gong down :roll:

Yes, if you had a warm day, even 1 day that is warm can make insects & arachnids come out. They cannot survive in the cold.

I think he may have a deformity of some kind but I cannot be for certain. As sad as that maybe, he maybe a gift to your family or something from nature, I don't know but I look at things like that. Its cool that your son named him :)

I like Butterflies but I never can catch them nor do they land on Me. I've always been more fond for Moths because their not as sensitive and I can catch them better.

AS AN IMPORTANT NOTE: I don't know if you know this but if you ever see a Caterpillar on the ground or wherever, the larval stage of Butterflies have a stinging toxin within them as a protective mechanism. DO NOT TOUCH THEM, they can be quite poisonous and even DEADLY :!: Tell you kids that too. There is no need to fear about the final stage as Butterflies lose that toxin/ability.

As always if there's anything strange, small or big or whatever tell it here, I'm for it all anytime, if if you don't think it's much ;)

Yes, I appreciate that a lot PB, thanks for sharing that and from time to time keep Me a breast on his status and all that stuff :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:05 am

I thought you might appreciate that story. I'll keep you posted.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:24 am

Thanks, OK PB ;)

OK, remember I said that Lance Henriksen was in 4 Bigfoot movies :?: Well here is the trailers!

2002 - This was pretty good.

2006 - It was fine.

2006 - The creature was almost like Harry but this one was really a monster and gory too!

2018 - A good one with a very surprising climax!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:15 pm

Lance sure gets around. I never heard of any of those. I suppose there's lots of big foot type movies over all the years of cinema.

Matt update. He got a housing upgrade today with this amphibian carrier I got at Walmart for $7. My daughter took some potting soil and some weeds, leaves, and a new flower from the landscaping and he has a nicer looking joint with a much clearer view. He seems to be doing well. Been six days now.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions