Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Clash at the Castle is TO

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:16 am

Not really. Again, I do not have a DVR now so it's been a long while since I've seen an actual Raw and Smackdown show. I only catch up on Peacock & YT and stuff like that. I looked into it and supposedly it has to do with Bray Wyatt and his Fun House. Remember he had the Rabbit stuff? There's some sort of QR code that goes along with it I think, I don't know cause I don't do QR codes and don't know this story until it develops more provided that it does and it isn't dropped.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: EXTREME RULES is Tonite!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:34 am

So tonight is WWE Extreme Rules and it's live in Philadelphia Pennsylvania where US's extreme wrestling was created. The commercial has Paul Heyman talking about it.

I expect the PPV to be good but nothing like an old school ECW, WCW or WWC event. Them days are long gone as today's day & age and TPTB no longer thinks its suitable plus this generation has no idea how great it was in the 90s when true hardcore wrestling was the best thing going and it will never be back but thank goodness for Peacock, YT, VHS & DVDs to see all that classic stuff. Amazing how in 2020 during the P!amDemic when they had Extreme Rules it was called the "Horror Show" with Wyatt & Strowman being the big attraction and it was during the month of July...NOT October. I was complaining how backwards that was then and while I found it to be a great show it still puzzles Me why in the world it wasn't saved till then. Well, this one is in October and over the last 2 or so years there was only 1 extreme/hardcore match on each card which was so disappointing but this time it's different because EVERY MATCH has a SPECIAL STIPULATION and while it seems like WWE is without Vinnie Mac, I still can't help but think he's still there one way or another as I notice a lot that hasn't changed.

Here is the scheduled matches as of this writing.

The Brawling Brutes (Butch, Ridge Holland & Sheamus) vs. Imperium (Giovanni Vinci, Gunther & Ludwig Kaiser) in a Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook Six Man Tag Team Match: All of this Donnybrook talk now. Doesn't anybody catch how MANY TIMES Vinnie Mac said DONNYBROOK in the early to mid 90s...see what I mean :? Anyway this match looks to be great and I hope it will be brutal :batsmile:

Edge vs. Finn Bálor in an "I Quit" Match: How about that, someone will say those words and this might be the final match of their feud but I doubt it.

Matt Riddle vs. Seth "Freakin" Rollins in a Fight Pit Match with Daniel Cormier as Special Guest Referee: I haven't really followed UFC since the 90s so I have no idea who Cormier is. Riddle lost his other Fight Pit match to Timothy Thatcher in NXT. I hope this will be a good match.

extrem11.jpg

Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey in an Extreme Rules Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: I appreciate Morgan's hard work and I'm liking her as Smackdown Champion a lot. I hope the match is really extreme and harsh and this time Rhonda goes to her daughter on a long vacation!

extrem14.jpg

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley in a Ladder Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: I think Bianca is a great champ especially after she put on about 20 pounds of muscle but I'm really liking Bayley's new attitude and since her Damage Control pals are the tag champs I want her to beat Bianca...she NEEDS to beat her and become the new Raw Women's Champion in this ladder match...oh I want this to be extreme!

extrem16.jpg

Again, I am finding Bayley HOT right now :batsmile: She is still a got a cute look but dang there's not that women anymore in wrestling that I find really great looking and engaging except for Jade Cargill, Britt baker, Hikaru Shida & Toni Storm but their all in AEW. I do like NXT's Toxic Attraction especially Rose & Dolin (Jayne seems lie she does fit as she seems really dense). I've always liked Shayna's gritty yet good-looking appearance. Asuka is fine but her silliness is just a turnoff. Sasha was great but WWE had to ruin her but it seemed like she never ever could find her place as she always seemed like she was lost without Bayley but after a long time Bayley is without her however she has found her groove, gained a little weight in all in the right places so I think she is truly the one right now.

Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross (w/Scarlett) in a Strap Match: I'm getting used to Kross with hair now. I hope he & Scarlett has the big entrance like their NXT days cause they had arguably the greatest entrance ever seen! I hope his beats Drew too and redeems himself for that pointless & beyond pathetic main roster run last year. I want him to be a huge threat and especially to Roman or dare I say it to Logan Paul or even Theory if they become the new champ soon. I see Kross as a total package and he is truly what the WWE needs right now. However with all of this White Rabbit & Bray Wyatt stuff being rumored and of course with the return of Strowman, things could get interesting and I'd love Kross to fight them too :!:

That's all for now..thoughts or predictions :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:10 pm

WWE "extreme" is kind of like a PG-13 horror film. Yeah, they're ok, but they aren't like they used to be. My wife is working so I might find a feed of it somewhere. No idea what's going on as I don't watch the WWE, but it's wrestling on there's not much on.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:03 am

Dang you act so bored. There isn't enough time in the day to do everything of Mine. You could watch AEW Dark shows on YT, that is wrestling ya know and where the women are ;)

Yeah, it is like PG and like I said before it ain't like old days :roll:

So here is the results. It was a fun show. All the matches was stellar. I loved the match with Kross & Scarlett. She is really a total package, I hope Kross is good to her. I wanted Bayley to win but dang she didn't :roll: Dang Rousey beat Liv :roll: The Judgement Day match was great, poor Beth :roll: Like I said I didn't know DC but the Fight Pit match was really good and again doesn't anybody CATCH about the Vinnie Mac/Donnybroock connection :? It was a terrific bout though. Oh the WHITE WABBIT :o Wyatt returned. I was hoping he'd go to AEW and be himself and/or be like his uncle Barry Windham but I have never really seen anybody talk about him, his daddy and family, seems like I'm one of the only ones that does. Here is the short results :)

Now here we go with a few bonus stuff. I said about I find Bayley hot and (whomever is got her whether it be Solo or Starks, the reports I read it goes back and forth) I hope they know what they got and there's not that many others but somehow, someway I didn't mention Rhea Ripley, I prefer how she was in NXT UK but dang she is still great. Now I've never mentioned her before here but wanted to...NIKKITA LYONS! Now she is hot, she has such a body and can move so great and is fabulous martial artist. She was at Extreme Rules possibly hyping up a main roster run but I'd like her to finish up in NXT 2.0 first. Bron Breaker was there too, he is so fantastic! I loved Seth Rollins RVD outfit & impersonation/cosplay :batsmile:

Extreme Rules 2022 - 8.jpg

So I have talked and posted about the fans many times and never have I read once here you pay attention to any of the fans. It was always a fun thing Me and My Grandma would do and I would point out to her, We'd always notice the usual people in both WWE & AEW. It's really a bummer that I don't see people do this stuff like We used to do but that's them so anyway at Extreme Rules I noticed the Asian Sign Guy who goes to both Feds and as usual has this silly yet creative signs. He's apparently close to My generation as he even talks about WWF in the early to mid 90s during The New Generation a lot and video games and so forth....when they played this in the beginning of the Donnybroock match...

I found the White Rabbit interruption cool & very nostalgic. I thought is was very 80s/early 90s-ish and like Contra III: The Alien Wars that has it's 30th anniversary this year from 1992. Coincidentally The Asian Sign Guy held up his sign that says "They Think Contra is Probotector LOL. Probotector is the Japaneses/Famicon version where the main characters are robots instead of human marines. Anyway that caught My eye and I thought I'd post that here :)

Extreme Rules 2022 - 9.jpg

So again I thought is was a good PLE. It wasn't the most pleasing but if your biased and just want to be entertained then this will do it. Next is WWE's Crown Jewel & WWE's Survivor Series. I will talk about them in time :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:27 am

I wound up watching the whole PPV, I mean PLE. I thought it was decent. It's hard for my to be overly excited with the matches because I'm not invested in any of the stories and really didn't care about the outcomes, or the wrestlers in general.

Random observations:

I hate when Bianca uses her hair. I've hated it since NXT, but especially now that she's supposed to be the top babyface. I thought the end of that match was kind of dumb but. I mean, all Bayley had to do was let go of the ladder instead she held onto it as Bianca carried her around the ring. It seemed stupid.

I was excited to see Kross's entrance, but it still felt off. Throughout the whole match all I could do was watch his hair as he slowly transformed into Giorgio Tsoukalos, lol. I thought the finish was lame.

Edge vs the Phantom Zone villains was ok, but as soon as I saw where Edge said there wasn't anything they could do to him physically to make him quit I kind of knew where we were heading.

The main event was kind of meh. I expected more from it really than just a dive off the top level, but it's really hard to do a fake MMA match, so I'd rather they just not do these kinds of things at all.

The Bray reveal was ok. It wasn't anything amazing or shocking as we all assumed that's who this was for. Where it goes from here is more interesting, but really not interesting enough for me to want to watch. I hope it's new. The Fiend was cool at first but after a while the look was kind of limiting and the gimmick got ruined with the HIAC match against Seth. After that I didn't really care anymore. Bray does a good job of reinventing himself, so I'm mildly interested in the next incarnation.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:22 am

Thanks for the reply PB ;) How about that, you saw it all :o That's good ;) Yeah, I thought the ending of Bayley was kinda dumb too. I still hope she get's the belt. I beg the differ about Bianca's hair, it should be used as a weapon, more often really then what she has done recently or really in the long run of her main roster stint. Yeah, I thought the entrance was off too. It seemed so awesome in NXT. Kross is so different with his hair, yeah Giorgio :lol: Maybe but I liked the finish. The Phantom Zone :o Yeah, I thought it was a bad yet good way to make Edge quit. Watch that fake stuff, Mick Foley doesn't like to hear that ;) I don't know. I Bray is a genius but how far can this character go and can he actually redeems himself. I loved the Fiend but yeah that HIAC match did not help him especially wen he was over and was the most popular guy there. I would have rather him in AEW as Windham, drop the cult/demonic stuff and just follow his legacy of his family, shame that didn't happen, I think it would have been great :roll:

Any thoughts on Crown Jewel of Roman vs Logan Paul next month :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:34 pm

I don't know how much money the Saudi prince would need to pay to have Paul go over and win the title, lol. Seems like a rather pointless match. Actually, every Reigns match seems pointless until WM. I think they even know that and that's why he didn't even have a match at Extreme Rules.

I tried watching Raw last night but it started with Reigns so I changed the channel. Flipped it on periodically during MNF commercial breaks but nothing really caught my attention. The AJ Styles-Krypton Villains had a nice surprise. Not sure if it was something rumored ahead of time, but I don't follow WWE so it was a bit of a pleasant surprise. I got the end of the main event and then changed the channel when DX's music hit because I knew nothing relevant would happen.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Crown Jewel is TODAY!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:12 am

Dang, I complexly missed your post PB cause I didn't check :roll: Yeah, Roman has been something of entertainment. Oh yeah, The Prince...does he even know who he is...we'll see :? Krypton villains :lol: :smsmh: :batshock: :wwlol: yeah, DX's 25th anniversary 97, just ain't the name and it's not because of daddy @$$ in AEW.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:18 am

So it's that time again. it's the 8th Crown Jewel event set in Saudi Arabia which is a big-time International extravaganza and it's today/tonite :!: I will catch the replay cause Peacock isn't like the WWE Network used to be were you could actually rewind or choose a live ongoing event from the beginning (gosh, why hasn't anybody complained about this made them make it like that other than Me :roll: Think and say what you will but honestly I have found these events to be pretty exciting without being biased. Here is 2 promos for the event.

Could we see a special appearance by Bray Wyatt and his mysterious Uncle Howdy tonite or will this wait till later on either the next edition Raw or Smackdown :? Now there has been rumors by the plebeians that this is nothing but a another gimmick by Wyatt and that it's his inner demon. I don' know but it sure seems like it is him but one thing I've notice and it seems like it is escaping most people and in fact, I believe the conditioning is at fault here that this Uncle Howdy looks to resemble Barry Windham which is Windham "Bray Wyatt" Rotunda's real life uncle. Not many people on the net acknowledged this and never have I read anybody on the this board talk about it other than Myself which is kinda of a shame :roll: I believe this to be a twisted spin on a alternate reality scenario of some kind here. We shall see what happens and how it will all go down in time :blbat:

The card looks to be pretty exciting with some potential to be even better than originally thought while some matches could have been added, it still looks pretty good :)

Now here is the big one :!:

Roman Reigns (c) vs. "Media Megastar" Logan Paul for the WWE Championship & WWE Universal Championship:

Now this is the absolute kicker here. A YT personality that suddenly became a top athlete, went toe to toe with Floyd Mayweather which was a no contest. Now he's a WWE Superstar and in WWE 2K22 and he's only had 2 matches...2 MATCHES and he's getting a world title shot :shock: Either he is kissing some serious booty or he is truly gifted at knowing what he is doing. It is so amazing how there are so many wrestlers that work so hard and never get to the top and while somebody like Paul does :roll: When I look and think of him, he doesn't impress Me at all. I know he can move and do high-flying stuff and while his big table spot was incredible, it still wasn't enough to make Me go all out for him like all of these people of this generation worshiping their idols and not caring who was before them :roll: I find him generic, his name & look is IMO and I've seen better. When I see him I think of him as a beefed up Angélico with less talent. I mean it's bad enough that today's talent is so lackluster compared to yesteryear's I mean many of them like say since 205 Live looked like jobbers yet their supposed to be so great and getting all of this attention like August Grey & Curt Stallion for instance. The moment I saw them I thought they looked like jobbers and wouldn't last a minute against wrestlers from any era of the past...in fact I have seen better looking jobbers or enhancement talent as their called now from the past far better than many of today's wrestlers. With all of this being said. Logan better do good in this match and truly shock the world with a victory cause if he doesn't and if he loses to Roman in a clean bout fair & square, then his fanatics will never look at him the same way again and he'll be quite low on the card but then again, if he has major pull then who knows what his young future beholds oh but then he might win and Theory may cash in on him which really that would be so great :!:

Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar: I have been waiting for this match for years, in fact it was supposed to happen the moment Lashley returned but of course Roman had to be it. They encountered each other earlier on this year but really it was just a tease but now its a gonna be a big match. I think it's a given that Lesnar's world title days are over and he is becoming that talent that shows up every now and then for the big publicity & the big bucks and I expect him to be victorious here. Without a shadow of a single doubt, this should be a great physical contest no matter who wins however :)

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley in a Last Woman Standing Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: This match is going to be good but I'm not expecting them to wrestle in their regular gear since the country has to be different and isn't there yet to normal standards :roll: Bayley has been quite hot but darn she's gotta win that title, tonite is gotta be that night! I say about Bayley but I'm not taking anything away from Bianca as she is quite great looking too and its amazing that she put on about 20 pounds of muscle making her look even more stunning, too bad Saudi doesn't think of women this way and they gotta be covered up :roll: Another thing is that this is a LAST WOMAN STANDING MATCH :wwshock: :smgrin: :batwink: This is going to be so sweet :!:

Alexa Bliss & Asuka (c) vs. Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai & IYO SKY) for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship: This was match was just added. Holy cow more women in Arabia! The babyfaces just won the titles. I hope Damage Control CRTL get's teh belts back but no matter what it's gonna be good!

Alexa & Asuka vs. Sky 8& Kai 1.jpg

The Usos (Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. The Brawling Brutes (Butch & Ridge Holland) for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship & WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship: This match might be pretty good but I'm expecting The Bloodline to retain their titles and don't expect the honorary Sami Zayn to be there as he isn't welcomed in the country over a bum-steer race situation :roll:

Braun Strowman vs. Omos: Finally this match is going to happen. They released Strowman when the Nigerian Giant first appeared and I thought it was such a major missed opportunity on the part of WWE's stupidity. Now he's suddenly back and we're having a giant vs. monster match. Matches like these were always My fave back in the day (and still are) when we would have 2 huge guys go at which it is seriously lacking in this day & age. I hope this makes this generation learn what they've been missing :) Either can win, I just want it to be a fantastic giant vs. giant match :batsmile:

The O.C. (AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson) vs. The Judgment Day (Finn Bálor, Damian Priest, & Dominik Mysterio) in a Six Man Tag Team Match: Holy crap, I couldn't believe that the Good Brothers returned from the dead...I mean The Undertaker killed them in the Boneyard Match during the P!amDemic but I guess we're all supposed to forget that right :? :o :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: :shock: Apparently their release on Black Wednesday didn't stick in their heads and they weren't pleased with everything they got from TNA Impact & AEW and and thought about their furloughs, went back for more but I guess since AJ wants to stay, contagious density isn't far away and its really been easy to find these days world wide :roll: The Judgement Day has been on a role really. I hope Rhea is their with'em cause she has been quite hot and playing a major role lately and really is the best piece of the entire faction. Mysterio IMO has the talent but dang he's gotta mature, gain some muscle and just get better. I think that The OC is gonna win this but I'm sure it's going to be a good match no matter who wins :)

Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross in a Steel Cage match: Now this is really the lowest match on the card for Me but who knows, I might be surprised :) For awhile Drew was looking like the top guy but in this day and age there really isn't room for it as the times of Hogan & Savage, Bret & HBK, Undertaker & Austin and so on is over. Since this match is a cage match and supposed to keep Scarlett out, I think something still might happen despite this. I also hope that Karrion's entrance is going to be superbly grand here, it has the potential of being the greatest entrance ever seen but we shall see about that. If Kross is going to be the next big guy, he needs to win this match & this feud :!:

So there you have it of teh whole card + My commentary. Thoughts and/or predictions :?: I think it's gonna be pretty good :batsmile:

UPDATE: Here is the PRESS CONFERENCE :!: I just watched it. HHH & Steph are there, he is the Chief CONTENT Officer now. THE PRICE is now a WWE Champ :shock: The women were all covered up and Bianca looked like she just had her pajamas on :? :roll: Omos looked great & huge but Strowman lost weight, he's only 335 now :o Logan is having his undefeated brother Jake in his corner against The Bloodline...people was chanting we want Sami but Roman said since they acted the way they did, they don't deserve him :!:
This PLE is shaping up to be quite dandy :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:33 am

Before you go any further read and get into all what I said above cause I did it pretty good if you haven't already or if you checked out the results elsewhere.

FIRST, in the TNFT intro, they took Flair off and replaced him with THE WARRIOR and they replaced Cody Rhodes with SASHA BANKS :o What is going on here :? Is she back...is Flair on bad terms now with WWE :?:

OK, the PLE was quite decent. Amazing how Arabia is so wealthy with such a huge city and thousands of drones to make all them special effects :shock: I was entertained from beginning to end. Lashley vs. Lesnar was great. It's so amazing how the Saudi crowd cheered for Brock...I mean his is a huge, HUGE BABYFACE over there :o The match fell flat with the climax the way the Beast won, I believe the feud isn't over since Bobby attacked him at the end of the match which I'm glad that he did, I wouldn't mind a big trilogy of this to make up for lost time. The women's tag match was great. I was kinda surprised that Nikki Cross interfered and made Damage CRTL win because I didn't think she'd be be there. The women were all very colorful. The cage match was good. I liked Scarlatti macing Drew & the ref! I expect there to be one more match here since Drew escaped the cage. The OC vs. Judgement day was was fantastic. Ripley's new long hair extenders to mock Beth was kinda weird but dang is she the best piece of this group :batsmile: They mentioned how AJ & Balor and Anderson were all in the original Bullet Club :!: It was something that the OC lost! The match with Omos & Strowman was good but I was really let down by Omos dominating Braun then to lose to him with only one powerslam :roll: This is what I have been talking about. Cole is saying how huge Strowman is at 335 pounds when a while back before he was released he was at 385...gosh their doing it with their own guys and this soon too :roll: The USOs & Brawling Brutes was fairly good. Shame TBB ain't going far :roll: I was really excited for the Bianca vs. Bayley - Last Woman Standing Match. I was so for Bayley here, she looked like THQ MAN or AKI MAN from the old THQ WCW games sans the mask IMO :o She was quite aggressive & creative getting tables, ladders, chairs & kendo sticks out. Bianca picked up the ring steps, she is so strong! There was some really great spots here including a golf cart & Bayley gong thru a table really hard! In the end Belair won trapping Bayley inside a ladder under the bottom right turnbuckle which was an apropos way to win. I really wanted her to get the belt back since her partners did but maybe later. How about that, Bray Wyatt DID appear and he hinted at his family but nothing truthful came out (see what I said above about his family), same old Wyatt stuff but Uncle Howdy appeared on the tron and that was that...nothing big happen :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: but he did appear :blww: The match with Roman & Logan was tremendous. I take back a lot what I said about Logan Paul, he is truly a superb athlete. He was being trained by HBK and while he didn't do a Sweet Chin Music very well, he did a Buckshot Lariat and it looked far better than Hangman Page does it IMO. There was some truly incredible spots here. I loved how the Bloodline came down & Logan's brother Jake knocked'em out then there was a huge entrance for Solo Sikoa and they came to a head. It was quite an apropos climax as to how Roman was going to win and he seemed truly grateful for it when Heyman was praising him which I found a bit unusual that Roman was so emotional, does this mean anything :!: :?: :?

I know all about it to well about what you said before PB about how WWE has conditioned the fans but as I have said its basically everything now regardless of genre or type. With that being said, Roman is really the only one that I feel to really care about at the moment cause he's been champ so long and everything he's doing is being built very well. IMO I find that quite interesting and worth the time to check out his matches :)

Here is the highlights :)

Next up is WWE Survivor Series: War Games :o It's weird how Wade Barrett is a main commentator now on the main roster and their finally bringing War Games to the main roster too...I can't wait for this :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT