Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Spooky Tunes Redux

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

31 Days of Spooky Tunes Redux

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:17 pm

Many years ago, I started taking all the Christmas and combining them into cds I could listen to in the car. I even went so far as to splice scenes of movies in betweens the songs for more jolly fun. Sadly, a few years ago I lost them all. What does any of this have to do with Halloween? Well, I'll tell you, Jack.

I eventually did the same for Halloween, and in doing so, I did a deep dive into Halloween music, so I'd like to think of myself as a connoisseur of sorts. So I wanted to do a song of the day type thread just for Halloween, and thus, this thread was born.

But I'd rather it be participatory so I'm inviting everyone to share or talk about their favorite Halloween music. It could be the classics, in could be just eerie sounds or just movie scores.

So come inside and join the mash.

No, not that mash.

That's not The Vampire Twist, Gary.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:22 pm

There's a lot of terrific Halloween music out there. I didn't want to start with the low hanging fruit classics. I thought I'd start with some songs that are lesser known. Maybe you've heard them. Maybe not. Enjoy!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:44 am

Sorry that happen to you PB :roll: You said you went on a deep dive :? Well your gonna go even deeper now :) You just posted the Monster Squad, here is some great music from the film!

Here is a great piece of the score by Bruce Broughton who did Harry and the Hendersons & Tiny Toons :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:14 am

Lol, I almost went with the Monster Squad rap first. An excellent choice.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:19 am

Thanks. Do yourself a favor, next time your watch The Monster Squad listen for the actual movie score, it truly makes the movie even more magical :!:

Moving on, I don't know if you know this about John Carpenter but he is quite talented and yet most of the most underrated directors and movie creators there is. WHY :?: Because he is a composer and writes his own music for his own films. The iconic Halloween theme was written by him. He is also a good singer with his group The Coup de Villes. He is arguably the most talented composer there is, even more so than Elfman. I have known as long at the rest of the classic bunch. He also a partner named Alan Howarth, sometimes you'll see his name credited with Carpenter too, in fact sometimes I like his music just as much :)

I just posted Halloween 1 & 2...listen to this greatness :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:21 am

Yes, the Halloween theme is quite easily identifiable and a Halloween staple.

Here's an Alice Cooper classic on The Muppet Show. The Muppets are like bacon, you add it to anything and it's instantly better.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:57 am

Did someone ask for a medley?

No, not you, Bill.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:59 am

I would hope so yet the composer is never talked about by most :roll:

Yep, that Alice Cooper was great and so was that Garfield. My Grandma loved that one, she loved Lou Rauls.

I posted the March of the Dead theme from AOD a while back in the Elfman topic but it was never acknowledged, I even said if your familiar with the Evil Dead franchise but nothing so here it is again.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:52 am

First heard this Nick Cave song on The X-Files, or the X-Files Movie soundtrack, don't remember which but it's been a Halloween staple since. I guess it was on the Scream soundtrack, too a couple years earlier but I had the X-Files soundtrack so that's what I've always associated with. Nick Cave actually has quite a collection of macabre songs.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:31 am

That's cool. Here is one of the best intros for any TV show and the actual X-Files theme by Mark Snow, he is so good!

If that isn't enough LISTEN to this MASTERPIECE, this is from the 98 film Fight the Future and part of one best scores I've ever heard :!: Mark Snow truly did a superb job here. I own the score when it first came out. Its still as exciting now as it was then. Its so great for Halloween too :batsmile: Want more just say so ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Discussions