Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Modern Wrestling Collection: WWE Magazines!!!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: My Modern Wrestling Collection: R.P.M. Mick Foley/TNA Co

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 am

So I know I was going to get to My modern WWE stuff but there was actually one more item I have that is a bit of TNA but really if you consider the way I got this item is it VERY MUCH TNA and that item is...

Those great TNA Programs that I showcased a while back, when I got them I got this special R.P.M. Comic which is written by Hardcore Legend Mick Foley and it's also special because it's a Limited Hardcore Legend Edition :!: It's published by 12-Gauge which I really had no clue whom they were. How and why did I get this comic :?: I didn't want it, I didn't even know about it...TNA sent it to Me as a FREE GIFT :o Yep no joke, they had great customer service, I don't know how they are now but back then over a decade ago in 2010 they did, I believe these were some of the very, I mean very last days CS actually helped and cared about their job and concerns of their consumers. The thing is I was still behind WWE at times (I believe their "true" consideration ended in 96 after the days I got My beloved autographs from Yokozuna & "The King of Harts" Owen Hart in 95, it was still OK in 96 but it definitely wasn't the same when The Attitude Era happen. I should have given TNA the bigger attention & love back then in the early 2010s. My Grandma MMi was quite impressed with them way more than WWE. You can go back and see My TNA Programs and read what else they did for Me :)

Now before we actually get to the comic I wanna say that I got this in 2010 when Foley was there and before the Blue Impact that would come in 2011. If your like Me and studied and noticed the surroundings of everything then you have noticed that 2010 was really the last days of when wrestling was hardcore and when movies were being toned down with comedy acts & CGI was just about in every thing you'd see by 2011 and Social Media had it's big boom so pretty much of everything was downgraded to the state we are sadly in now :roll: So if you know what I'm talking about then big kudos to you, if yo don't then your not alone, not many people pay attention to much especially during these current pathetic times. :roll: With that out of the way, when I got My free comic I had no idea about it at all like I said. I was barley keeping up with comics but I was impressed with the artwork and they way it was as a whole.

R.P.M. Copyright 2010!

Here is the R.P.M. comic. It has a really smooth feeling back & front covers similar like an old WWF Magazine or something like that but even slicker, if you love to feel magazines then you'd have a ball with this :!: I chose a selection of it's action packed bloody hardcore gory glory starting with the Front Cover & credits including Mick Foley and ads.

The Back Cover is actually an ad for TNA IMPACT :shock:

And here is a special R.P.M. - Front & Back pic that I thought I'd do as an additional bonus :)

This wasn't the only time a wrestler had something big to do with comics. I had posted this before yet it never got acknowledged like a lot of My stuff. I posted this before last year because I got it in 1996 which was it's 25th Anniversary. So I got The Ultimate Warrior's first COMIC BOOK for free as well coincidentally as it was a special offer by the WWF when he briefly returned but unfortunately I never got the rest but who knows, I may want to get them if I ever get a hold of some extra moolah, ya never know. It was quite critical by fans and comic collectors alike but I thought it was so unique and astounding to look at, IMO the 90s had some of the absolute the best art & stories in comics!

So there you have it. I hope you liked My R.P.M. special of Mick Foley & TNA. I was never interested in the other volumes of R.P.M., I was just happy with this sweet free gift :) I might have one more special bonus that has to do with TNA & Marvel. I might post it here rather than My Odds & Ends. We'll see about that shortly cause I gotta introduce My WWE stuff soon which really there isn't much compared to My Vintage then I will have a special WWE presentation just in time for Halloween, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:42 pm

TNA was really good from 2008 or so to 2012 or so. I mean, it gave us the classic Flair/Lethal promo so...

I was actually paying for their PPVs back then and didn't even watch the WWE because it was all Cena and Orton all the time. Never heard of that comic, nor do I remember hearing Foley wrote one. Nice you got it for free.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:51 am

Yep, they were. I liked the Cena & Orton stuff, kinda reminiscent of Bret Hart & HBK through the 90s, it just kept on going. Huh, how about that, I thought there maybe a chance you did. Thanks for the reply PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Modern Wrestling Collection: Marvel Monsters!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:03 am

So as I said I may have 1 more bonus. Well here it is and it is a bit TNA related but just wait for it. It's Halloween & spooky themed :blbaf: Do you remember Marvel's Monsters :?: Well I got the special Marvel Legends 4 pack in the 2000s when it first came out but I sold it along with most of Marvel Legends sometime ago so here is a STOCK PICTURE OF IT :)

However, I didn't sell the comic nor the others that came with the other figures. It has a tremendous cover with some of the best comic art ever (the 90s & 2000s were the best for comics IMO). I don't open it however as I don't want to rip the original package. What does this have to do with TNA :? Why it has the ToyBiz TNA figures on the back cover :o

So that will do it for all of My TNA stuff but ya never know, I might revisit the promotion with some other bonus stuff :shock: Next up will be My first entry of WWE that will introduce them here for the first time within this topic then a special and very spooky Halloween themed one that you will love, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:40 am

That's a cool set. It came out when I worked at Walmart. I remember it was on a full pallet aisle display along with the Youn Avengers set, the Giant Man BAF wave, and the Face-Off two packs. I bought one of everything on my lunch break at 2 AM before I put the display out on the sales floor. One of everything that is, besides this set. I had to make a cutoff somewhere as I was spending around, gasp, $100 for all those figures (can't imagine what that would be now considering five pack sets got for over $100 now). I was never really in the monster aspects of Marvel, so I decided to skip that set.

It is a cool set, though/
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:31 am

Yeah it was good and ML was affordable back then especially compared to now. Thanks for the history talk/trivia and reply PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Modern Wrestling Collection: WWE 7-11 Slurpee Cups!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:26 am

So as I said recently I was going to have a special introduction of WWE to My Modern Wrestling Collection Topic, Well here it is. It's collectible Hologram Slurpee Cups from 7-11 promoting WWE SummerSlam :o I have always loved Holograms/lenticular stuff so this was such an attraction for Me :) First allow Me to say this brief note before I get any further. I stopped watching WWE after the fall of WCW & ECW and the fun Monday Night Wars was over. However off and on I would keep up with it via news sites and then when YT first started I did there as well. I was also somewhat keeping up with new promotions that would appear throughout the decade like XPW, ICW, ROH & TNA but even though these feds were good, it was the 2000s and things were changing yet again as times couldn't make up it's maid if it wanted it's society to hardcore or PG and already I was missing the old days, just not the Attitude Era but especially the New Generation and of course all the wrestling of the 80s and they only way to do that was pop in My old VHS tapes and so forth as I always found the old stuff more exciting and overall more satisfying and this is still is a major valid point with Me today especially when WWE & AEW ignores the past for any reason like says this is biggest event, look at the size of this guy the younger crowd thinks these moves are newer and the stats are gone and so on when I've seen better events, bigger guys the same moves done decades before and I'm a stats guy, I want to know the wrestlers' weights & heights, where they come from and so on. This isn't teaching the current generation anything as it did Mine :x The prob is they just don't acknowledge much of the past especially WWE and wants you to "forget". I am not a fan of this whatsoever and this is one of the many or rather countless drawbacks of Me being fond of today's day & age :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

With that being said, it was in 2010. I was kinda wanting to not just get back into WWE, I wanted to be a major fan as I once was back in the decades prior. I was already a big fan of TNA as you have seen for most of this wonderful topic. I had high hopes of watching wrestling weekly from two different companies but like a rebooted film/franchise, it has that hint of nostalgia but when it is over you just want to go back and see the original(s) :roll: I had My fallout with WWE personally, if you saw My horrible Mattel McMahon Figure Experience then you already know what I mean which clearly is quite a different company then it was in the early to mid 90s but I didn't have any bad issues with TNA see My recent showcases in this topic for that. Still I stuck with WWE for other reasons and I have no experience with AEW personally. As bad as the 2010s was when prices kept on raising, everything is so expensive now and if it wasn't bad enough inflations keep on happening yet people keep on buying and I have no idea how they do :? :roll:

So here is a quick commercial of My Slurpee Cups from 7-11 :!:

So you just saw that cool commercial. Now I am putting these cups in a different order as the wrestlers first appeared in the WWF/WWE which the pictures they chose are pretty decent. Keep in mind these cups ARE HOLOGRAM and I captured them pretty good in My pics so have a gander at this guys :batsmile:

The Undertaker

Hunter Hearst Helmsley aka HHH

Rey Mysterio

John Cena

So here is the 7-11 that I got these great cups at. They went out of business sometime ago. This is on Broadway. Its a very famous street and quite long too. Further down is legendary wrestler Joe Tangaro's resultant (I posted about him in My Grandma's tribute because she personally knew him and ate there all the time!). Across the street is the great, gorgeous & ancient Mississippi River. I used to go down there a lot as there was/is no place you could ever go to more calming than seeing the River in Bellerive Park which maybe one I day will showcase it cause it means a lot to Me. The building where 7-11 once was is still vacant. Unfortunately stores in this part of the neighborhood are folding as it has become quite slummy and since the PlamDemic looters, gangs, thugs and the like have been more frequent all over the country (if you haven't seen this especially @nTiFva since 2020 then you need to get better informed). Broadway has been known to be bad, Downtown St. Louis is just miles away from this location. If you know the area you can tell what/where it is as it all runs together up and down the street. I loved it when things were better :)

So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed My WWE Hologram Slurpee Cups from 7-11 and maybe even were a bit surprised. I know I have been talking about 7-11 a lot recently in My topics as some is planned by Myself. Next will be a special WWE showcase that I saved especially for Halloween hence why I wanted to show this introduction first as I don't have many WWE items to showcase compared to WWF. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:58 pm

I don't remember these cups but that was around the time I wasn't really watching WWE regularly. They're nice cups. I love when 7-11 does promotions like that. I loved the old Marvel cups from the 70s and 80s. They were so cool. I was bummed when a bunch of 7-11 went out of business years ago, but they popped back up in the last decade or so. We don't live too far from one and when we lived at our old house I used to take our little red wagon and pulled the cars there for Slurpees. Good times.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:13 am

Huh, I though you would. I'm glad you like'em :) Oh yes, they have had tons of classic stuff even great action figures like My Terminator ones I showcased a while back + more yet to be seen :shock: Yeah, its been rough times for 7-II but their hangin' in there. Great story. I do have one down the street, I used to walk down there all they time but haven't ages unfortunately :roll: Thanks for the reply PB, a special WWE Halloween showcase is coming :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Modern Wrestling Collection: WWE Brothers of Destruct

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:07 am

So here is My second WWE presentation that I saved all these months for HALLOWEEN TIME :o If you already read My horrible Mattel/WWE McMahon deal then you already know My history. If you haven't or need to be reminded then don't go any further until you clicked THIS ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/wrestling-toys-collectibles-f56/wwe-mattel-mcmahon-horrible-deal-t1230.html because it explains everything. So with that out of the way, here is My last two & only WWE Mattel figures that I didn't want to sell and they are none other than THE BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION!! Yes, I didn't want to sell them because they were My faves of My whole collection :batsmile:

First up is the exclusive 2010 SDCC & Matty Collector figure of The Undertaker :!: He was the first version that they made of him and what a version it is. It is his Ministry of Darkness persona with no mustache. When I first saw this I had mixed emotions which I will get to in the special gallery. One of the cool things is with the days of Matty Collector you could get San Diego Comic Con Exclusives there. I have said it before. As much trouble I had with them and all the issues of Matty Collector, I do miss them days when you could go on the page and look around and talk on the Matty Board about various things including what your getting for MOTUC, GBC, DCUC, WWE, Avatar and more and had to be online at 11:00 AM sharp before the new hot items went out of stock in minutes if not seconds and literally broke records. I do miss them times, now is all we got is this dreaded crowd funding system that people submit too and companies like corporate locusts such as Mattel & Hasbro just keep hinkin' up the prices :x Its just a major dragola for Me :roll:

NOTE: The background is some previously seen and not previously seen Wrestling Magazines of Mine :)

So here is The Phenom's incredible detail :!: Look at his face. it looks like he just appeared right off of your TV and into your face :!: They used a Real Scan type of tech for this (kinda similar like Jakks Pacific used to do for their WWF/WWE figure back in the 2000s but still did it for their TNA Impact figures as well.

Look at the detail of his goatee & hair, amazing!

Here is his detail of his Tattoos. I never take off his cloth-caped vest however because it's so darn hard getting it back on :x

Yes, now here is his brother Kane. He is a Ringside Collectibles Exclusive. Let Me say this before I get into My Figure. I dealt with them many times in the past (see My Jakks TNA for more on that) and while I never had an issue about them I really don't like how they are. They act like such big heads (just watch their vids) and their making their prices higher & higher going along with the current trends. I used to be a member of their board in the early 2010s but most the people on their just sucked (hey, don't like Me thinkin' bad about ya plebeians, well don't do what I don't like, it's that darn simple :x so I left it be and never gave it a second thought.

So here we go with Kane, since I have his brother he was a must have, you cannot have one without the other in My book. This depiction is after he lost his mask and became the Big Red Monster we all know today. Here he is with his Black Towel around his now bald head. He also has his Elbow Pads and bonus Removable Chains :o

NOTE: He would be an excellent Jacob Goodnight custom :o

Here is the Big Red Machine without his small cloak and a great look at his face. Like The Undertaker, his likeness is truly uncanny and is one of the best ever seen. Even his 5 o'clock shadow on his cranium looks accurate :shock:

Ah man, as a special bonus they included his Mask from his last days of the Attitude Era which was such a cool addition here cause this was one of the ways he first looked. It has a tremendous sculpting job on it as it's strap is seen up & over his long hair which is a clever touch :)

Here he is doing his iconic pose with his Mask on :batsmile:

So here is Kane's Accessories which includes his Classic Mask, Towel/Cloak & Chains/Restraints. I'm not sure what else you could give him so he came pretty well equipped if you ask Me :batsmile:

The Packaging: I couldn't locate The Undertaker's but I did with Kane. Here is the Front & Back of it. I must say its really detailed and stuff with his stats and bio. 2010 was still a time when stuff like this in wrestling was being shown unlike nowadays pathetic lackness :roll:

Here is a close up of the Front with his great 2000s render :batsmile:

Here is the Copyright Info and much else of WWE & Mattel :)

Here is the WWE Elite Mattel The Brothers of Destruction together :shock: Look at that greatness. I love scale of the where Kane is slighter taller than his big brother...The Undertaker which this has always been a big factor for Me to have wrestlers & characters alike in series' that is all accurate size & heights which is one of the things I really liked about this Mattel line back in the day which I would think would be important for most collectors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Every WWE Elite figure I had you gotta watch out for their hips, they get real tight, you gotta putt'em in hot water in order to move'em any direction. Not doing so can lead to major probs :x

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY!!

Now for a long time I have been saying about how all of these companies have join suit with each other by becoming generic like Hasbro & Mattel making the same old stuff that's been made & done dozens of times over the years. I got so POed that even companies like Sideshow & McFarlane :roll: I mean Sideshow is remaking their Jason figures that they did 15 years ago and McFarlane is making DC figures for example. I mean I hate that all of these companies have lost their creativity which them two were My faves back in the 2000s...nobody IMO could touch'em :!: So with that being said. I thought this back in 2010 when I found out that Mattel was making a Ministry of Darkness Undertaker and I'm like WHY, Jakks already made a superb one back 10 or so years ago. I mean this stuff was happening even then :roll: Was I the only one thinking like this...I shall hope not :x

OK, so here's Jakks compared to Mattel :shock:

I mean did we need a slightly updated version of The Phenom :?: Sure the Mattel version looks & feels good but the Jakks original still looks pretty darn good to Me :blbat:

Now for Kane on the other hand, I beg the differ here as Jakks' version was good but it was his early days so there wasn't a ton they could do with him at that time.

Still, its a very good figure but the Mattel one is funner however because of how interchangeable he is :)

So back in the days of Matty Collector, it was fun getting all kinds of lines like MOTUC, GBCs, DCUC, Avatar, and now even WWE. For awhile I liked to display Mattel figures together so here is WWE Mattel Undertaker compared to MOTUC Mattel Battle Armor He-Man :!: If you ever wanted the lines to crossover unofficially this is the way to do it :!:

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY!!

I hinted a special section that was coming last year in My ginormous spooky showcase that nobody said anything about. Well here is that HINT :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smgasp:

Here is The Brothers of Destruction encounter Sting - v1: Yes, this is something that never ever happen in the WWE (it did however in WCW in the early 90s when they were under different gimmicks against The Blonde Surfer Sting but of course they want us to forget those times :x So here is My depiction of a modern confrontation :blww:

Here is the second one of The Brothers of Destruction encounter Sting - v2. This time with The Big Red Machine wearing his Mask :blsm: The scale is ok as you saw above and below here but it isn't really accurate from the old days but if you do now I think it's ok cause The Undertaker lost his height while The Stinger seems to have never lost it so they are nearly the same height now so there's that :)

Here is a special Size Comparison Special of Mattel's WWE The Undertaker vs. ToyBiz' TNA Kevin Nash :shock: I have greatly showcased My Big Sexy when I first started this topic. He is one of the greatest wrestling figures I have and this scene shows that. You can see that Mattel WWE figures actually are in fine scale with the ToyBiz TNA figures as they are nearly the same height as they were in real life. This feud was never revisited but here it is here thanks to Me :batsmile:

There you have it. I hope you have enjoyed My special WWE Mattel Elite Undertaker & Kane showcase here for Halloween :blmm: Next up will be some more great modern wrestling stuff, until then I'll see you around :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles