Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:19 pm

Yeah, I stole the title from the Freeform/Family Channel, so what. I love Halloween. Back many years ago I used to decorate our oid house like a crazy person spending half a day setting up inflatables, lights, mannequins, etc. because when I was young I always wanted the be that house on the block. The one kids all talked about, and would talk about when they got older saying, "Remember that one house...?"

But then we moved, and we live on five acres of farm land and our new house is fifty yards off the road and there's no sidewalks and no trick r treaters so we go to the in-laws neighborhood to get candy and stuff. So I don't really decorate anymore because no one could really see much of it anyway.

But I love Halloween. So I've been thinking, If you've perused the site in the last year, you may've noticed we have a few running threads of toy commercials, movie trailers, songs, etc. (yes there are sections beyond the action figures forums). Well, it's that time of year where the veil between the living and the dead becomes thinner and for the next month the goblins and the ghouls are taking over those threads. So soon you'll see Halloween themed threads, on movie trailers, Halloween songs, and spooktaclular toy commercials. I'm hoping to make this an annual idea, though it'll probably just end up being me and Brandon mostly talking to ourselves.

Hey, if you've read this far you might actually be interested, so for your convenience all links are below. But be careful, you never know what lies beneath...

general-discussions/31-days-of-halloween-spooky-tunes-t1262.html

general-discussions/31-days-of-halloween-creepy-coming-soons-t1263.html

general-discussions/31-days-of-bloody-breaks-t1265.html

They've even taken over the toy commercial thread! THE TOY COMMERCIAL THREAD!

post44378.html#p44378

But that's not all.

There have been threads running for a longtime now by Brandon where we've discussed all kinds of paranormal topics and even a thread devoted more in-depth to horror movies in general. So be sure to check those out as well.

Horror Talk
general-discussions/the-official-horror-talk-topic-t1163.html

Cryptozoology, Ufos, Dinos, Mythology, Animals discussion!
general-discussions/cryptozoology-ufos-dinos-mythology-animals-discussion-t1111.html

So don't be afraid, it's a deadman's party, who could ask for more?

Everybody's coming, or at least I am. Leave your body at the door.

Boze-de-boze-de-bop, se-de-bop!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 31 Days of Halloween

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:00 am

And so this isn't just a dead announcement post, we can keep it alive by making it an all-encompassing Halloween thread. So, talk about your plans, or the costume you're making, or your favorite costume when you were a kid. Let's talk candy. I think we can all agree Snickers rule, and Milkyways are terrible.

Let's keep the conversation alive!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:09 am

I'm here with ya PB, thanks for mentioning Me, I appreciate that very, very much and there ain't no way I'm skipping a horror fest :blww: I'll be posting in all your new topics as much as I can, its a handful to keep up with but gosh is this gonna be fun so you just keep up with Me too :blbat:

Many years ago I made a Alien & Predator topic that really went nowhere but now I just entered Terminator because I have always associated the three together as has Dark Horse Comics and fans. I plan on rejuvenating it soon :)

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post3554.html#p3554

Here is My link to My A GINORMOUS Spooky Figure Showcase & More! It's one of the biggest vintage & modern horror & spooky themed action figure topics/showcases you will EVER SEE :!:

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/a-ginormous-spooky-figure-showcase-more-t1170.html

If that isn't enough I have posted additional spooky stuff in My great Vintage Action Figure Topic as well, here is some links to...

Halloween & Holiday Pez' & Bendables, Toho's Gabara, The Mummy's Curse, Tonka's Super Naturals & more!

general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-80.html

Here is My HUGE Kenner Ghostbusters & Beelejuice showcases :o

general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-90.html

I also briefly showcased Madballs & Spitballs too!

general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-100.html
general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-110.html

In My Modern Action Figure topic I have posted a lot too like...

Terminator 3, Trick or Tater, Godzilla & Gamera & Ray Harryhausen vinyls :!:

general-toy-discussions/my-miscellaneous-modern-collection-poze-m-by-play-mind-t1086-10.html

Sideshow 8" UNIVERSAL MONSTERS :!:

general-toy-discussions/my-miscellaneous-modern-collection-poze-m-by-play-mind-t1086-20.html

I have also deeply showcased Sideshow's 12" UNIVERSAL MONSTERS, Army of Darkness, Van Helsing, Friday the 13th and more :!:

general-toy-discussions/my-1-6-12-figure-collection-huge-post-t1162-10.html

I have showcased a lot of spooky Video game stuff too including Predator & Godzilla video games plus Jazwares' MORTAL KOMBAT & Palisades RESIDENT EVIL figures :blbat:

general-toy-discussions/video-game-figures-strategy-guides-primagen-t1097-10.html

One last one is a very special one. I showcased Johnny Brock's Dungeon and My special GHOSTBUSTERS & The Thing event from 2011 in My Odds & Ends :!:

general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-20.html

You will not be sorry that you checked out My showcases. There is other stuff in My topics too that I didn't list as there it way more than I can detail so go see what you can find of Mine :batsmile: I plan on posting a lot more spooky stuff in these topics and others so KEEP a look out SOON EVERYWHERE :blbat:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:24 am

What was cool in 1986? Man, those old school Ben Cooper boxed costumes take me back.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:06 am

Ah that was tremendous, I recall 86 like it was last week. Cool HE-MAN was actually picked :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:27 am

OMG, I completely forgot about these costumes until I stumbled across this commercial last night!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:03 am

1...2...Freddy's calling for you....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:06 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:07 am

Man, I never knew about that Freddy hotline, dang that was expensive :o Cool stuff from 1990 :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:19 pm

It's amazing what you can find when you just search words on youtube, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions