Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Animals: Swallowtail Caterpillar!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Cryptozoology, Ufos, Dinos, Mythology, Animals discussio

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:07 am

OK, well. Did you check out them 2 Rods vids I provided :?: Could they be what you saw. Come on, don't be shy about your possible sighting, too many people hold back their sightings and that's why things are not known, I'm not one to ridicule :)

OK, speaking of Mothman earlier, I just saw this little guy by the basement door just hours ago. I don't know what kind of Moth he is but I love his pretty teal blue. He was much a brighter blue in person. Cool isn't he :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 am

I caught another 12 Spotted Cucumber Beetle yesterday morning. I just let him on My hand and just admired him till he flew away. That pretty Blue Moth is still on the wall as I speak. Sometimes they stay in the same place for a long period of time. It's getting close to Autumn which is a time that most Arthropods don't favor so its going to be a limited time to see these guys before they hang it up.

Well did you watch the Rods vids? Any thoughts if that's what you saw :?: If your not sure or whatever then let's move on here. Surely your familiar with Travis Walton. Over the last decade or so I have been iffy about him because how he has been saying that the aliens were benevolent and all that. IMO that's bum-steer. OK, Here is the Fire in the Sky movie that came out in 1993 about him. Like Communion, I was quite scared when I first saw this. I wasn't used to true stories like this. It still freaks Me out a bit sometimes. Its really a great film. I really loved the spacesuit and the reveal of the Grays :batshock: :smgasp: :wwshock: Here is the poster.

Here is the trailer, the film stars D.B. Sweeney, T2's Robert Patrick which was kind big for Me since he was in it. Also very underrated actors Peter Berg & Craig Sheffer plus Noble Willingham, E.T's Elliot - Henry Thomas is all grown up and even James Garner is in it too! I love the music by Mark Isham, so scary :blbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:28 am

This topic needs your attention PB. I was being happy that this one was finally getting back on track. Please see about the above replies about your Dragonfly if it could have been RODS and also what I said about Travis Walton & Fire in the Sky please :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:11 pm

Yeah, I'm not really sure. I'll call it a dragonfly, but it was too blurry to really tell. It definitely had long wings and a slim body. Funny about Fire in the Sky. I was flipping channels a couple days ago and passed by it and my wife mentioned she'd never seen. She knows what it's about and Travis Walton and all that, I just always assumed she'd seen it. I saw it in the theatre when it was out originally. But she's a couple years younger. So, I DVR'd it and will probably be watching it again soon enough, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:08 am

Huh, shame about that...well keep a look out for more stuff. My sig isn't for funny business, I MEAN WHAT I SAY :!:

Well, that's a coincidence. Well that is cool you saw it at the show. I was quite scared when I saw it on VHS in 93, I may have been terrified if I had the opportunely to see it on the big screen. It still freaks Me out a bit :? Is you wife a brave one that doesn't get scared or does she grip you and get scared easily, sounds like she is brave to Me the way you describe her ;) I'll post some more movie trailers stuff on these subjects soon PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:02 pm

Nah, she's a trooper with that kind of stuff. We even want on a ghost hunt once in the Iron Island Museum (there've been a couple shows like Ghost Hunters that have gone there).
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:22 am

Hah, how about that. Well that's good and sweet there PB :) Yeah, hauntings is something...ooohh boy :?

OK, here's this one. This is a great film. I love the country and old feeling of it. My Grandpa, My Mom, Cousin Brian & Uncle Harold all went to see this at the show when it first came out!

Have you seen that one before :?: Thoughts :?: I got a small lineup coming, just you wait ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:40 pm

I never seen that one. I have this thing where I have a hard time watching movies from the ealry 70s because of the picture and sound quality. I know the story, though.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:12 am

Well that's good you know the story. Actually I was the same way but I got to where I was really disliking this current era and I liked the past better so movies like that shows Me how it was then. Maybe one day you'll see things that way as well PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:01 am

So here part 2 of Boggy Creek. It's called Boggy Creek II and the Legend Continues from 1985. PB has already seen My grand Glory Days of Movie Rentals so he already knows as I posted there of My origins of how I discovered it as well as the first one. Long story short I found it right when I opened the door of Verna's Mr. T's in her new releases section, she was so special. You can read the rest in My Odds & Ends.

Here is the trailer, it's so classic ;)

NOTE These pics above & below are made by Me :batsmile:

So the film is a low budget country movie unlike the first one's documentary style. It's still directed by same guy whom was the late great Charles B. Pierce who really had a desire for this stuff and he is also the star of the film as Dr. Brian C. Lockhart. Notice his vintage Tyrannosaurus Rex in the background there behind him. Here he is along with his real life son Chuck jr. as Tim Thornton.

The film has two cool women in it as well. Here is Charles's lovely late great wife Cindy Butler as Lesley Ann Walker. Here is Serene Hedin as Tanya Yazzie, she was My favorite of the two classic 80s babes.

Boggy Creek II - 7.jpg

Here is a good look at Tanya running through Arkansas' dense woods. I really like her and you see how she was one of the first cool athletic babes during this era. It really helps that she is a Native America/Latina too because this is when I was started noticing other types of women as I love diversity :batsmile: The two girl friend characters are great together and make a fine duo :batsmile:

So fine in fact when they take Dr. Lockhart's jeep and get it stuck in the mud it becomes an unintentional, can't help but smile/laugh fest between the two ladies as their chemistry is terrific and Tanya's expressions is fabulous, I love that on women. This scene is ABSOLUTE GOLD :!:

Now the movie is scary, it has a pure 80s horror feeling to it. It's not that gory or anything but the way it's made its just fun. When I was a youngster I was in awe about it, I didn't care about how it was filmed or anything like that, I wanted the joy out of it and it's still the same this very moment. The Fouke Monster/Boggy Creek Creature itself is seen many times and is quite satisfactory with inspirational sightings and wonderful scenery of the woods & swamps. I love the scenes with Lockhart's vintage computer that detects it, its always so freaky with the spooky musical score. I have never seen a movie since that gives Me feelings like that :shock:

So there you have it without too much spoilers. The ending will really surprise you too if you haven't seen it. Its one of the films that you never expected to be this good. If you like Bigfoot, Sasquatch and their kin then I suggest you see the first one and then this one uncut mind you. It's always been a fave of Mine since I saw it the moment I opened Verna's Mr. T's door, that was one great day :batsmile: I hope you enjoyed this. Thoughts :?: Next up will be Harry and the Hendersons, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions