Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Animals: Swallowtail Caterpillar!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Cryptozoology, Ufos, Dinos, Mythology, Animals discussio

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:10 am

Oh she watches all those shows with me. There was a photo op package that was $40 more per ticket I regretted not getting, but Ticketmaster won't let me add the upgrade now or redo my ordered. I told them they could charge me for the add-on but they claim they can't adjust the tickets and they aren't able to cancel them. They told me I could transfer them and buy ne tickets like that was helpful. I feel bad because it'd be cool to meet Giorgio, David Childress, Pope, and Travis Taylor. We really got into the Secret of the Skinwalker Ranch show, so between Taylor and Giorgio being there, I had to get the tickets. But an extra $80 for just a photo with them seemed a bit much, it says no autographs will be given, but now I kind of regret not getting it.

But yeah, my wife is into all that, too. We watch all the ghost hunting and UFO shows, or a lot of them at least. We just watched The Visitors about Whitley Streiber the other night and it was pretty interesting. I'd heard him a few times on Coast to Coast AM when I worked at Walmart overnights, but my wife didn't know much about him. I'll never look at cinnamon the same way now, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:47 am

Gosh, I find that redicules to meet them for that much but if you got thye mollah then go ahead. I also find it redicules that these compannies make these deals then when there's a prob its IMPOSSIBLE for then to do something about it :x

Ah that's sweet. She get afraid and you hold her or she a brave one ;) Oh yes, that's realy cool, I am quite familiar with Whitley. I don't know if you saw it but in 1989 they made a movie about him and his experiances, its called COMMUNION :!: That was really freaky even for Me cause it was based on real events and not just a sci-fi monster/alien movie.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:24 pm

I don't think I've ever seen the movie. At least I don't remember it. $40 a person sounds like a lot but I guess if you're divvying up between five guys they're getting like $8 per person that takes a photo. I don't know. I would like to do it, but Ticketmaster doesn't want extra money, so unless they present the option at the show, I'll just save $80. Not the worst way to end the night.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:36 am

Yeah, when you figure it in that way...

Oh, here is the poster of Communion, I have always loved it, I loved the city, the skyline of dusk and the further you go up you see the stars and the Gray within space :batshock: :wwshock: :smsmh:

If you haven't seen it I recommend you do, it was one of the last films of the 80s, the theme was by Eric Clapton and it's spooky and has a great cast :)

Hah, I might post some more here now and then that deals wits with Ufology & Cryptzoology and the like :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:38 pm

Yeah, do. I probably could too.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:33 am

OK, sounds good and I have some mind but wait just a minute here because only a few hours ago I was outside in the back yard. I saw on the back door a big surprise and it was more BUGS but these are special...the amount of wildlife in Our area has really been depressing. Since 96 Our neighbors poison the area. Before them We had good neighbors & tons of animals like Garter Snakes, Rabbits, Squirrels, tons of Birds and all kinds of Bugs...also much has disappeared because not to mention the other stuff in the air like pollution :roll: This is one of the reasons why I am excited to see bugs because I feel fortunate that they are trying to make a comeback. OK, LOOK at these pics I just took :o

12 Spotted Cucumber Beetle: I love these guys, I find them so cute, he's only the second one I've seen all year :roll:

Treehoppers: I used to see all kinds of species of them and their always colorful, these 4 tiny guys must have come from a new batch just recently. I was really lucky that I got up close here :)

I believe this guy is an Assassin Bug, I never really studied these guys, a couple years ago I saw a green one on the front door. Look at his face, he looks really mean & aggressive :batsmile:

Now here is the STAR of this showcase and what GOT MY ATTENTION and that was a Praying Mantis :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: When I first saw him from a distance I thought he was a Walking Stick but We never had them here before so I got a little closer and My second hunch was correct that it was indeed a Praying Mantis :!: I haven't seen a big one like this since last year around the same time of month. He's about 3 or so inches long. I have always liked these insects and how they move and their big eyes...LOOK at this beauty of life :batsmile:

So I hope you liked this nature that I was lucky enough to capture. Since you read the beginning of this small showcase, now you know one of the many reasons why I am about bugs and basically nature itself. That's one of the many beauties of Cryptozoology that even bugs that is unknown are cryptids ;) Now READ THIS...what a coincidence we were just talking about the Grays...are you familiar with the Insectoid alien species too :?: Well, if you really notice in movies & games, variations of them are featured a lot like 4-LOM & Zuckuss of Star Wars and the Mantids in Turok 2: Seeds of Evil among other things. Well NOW LOOK at My Praying Mantis pic above and LOOK at his EYES...amazing possibility isn't it :? :?: :batsmile: So what you think :?: Thoughts, theories :?:

OK, I got another Alien film in mind coming soon PB :)

UPDATE EDIT!!!!!!!!

Just only minutes ago I found a Baby Snail in the kitchen :o I know a lot of people think these animals are disgusting but they are not. I find them cute. Look at his eyes. Take My advise, don't every watch a fishery show with squid, its so darn sad :( Long story short ever since I saw how fisheries treat their Mollusk cousins Squid on Animal Planet which I couldn't believe that actually showed the horrific graphic content on the channel of them killing squid, it made Me so sad & cry and I still got the visions in My head even though it was well over 10 years ago :cry: I have found a respect for Snails, Slugs and Mollusks in general. I had to post this little guy, he's only slightly larger than the 12 Spotted Cucumber Beetle I posted above :)

OK, that was an update, if you haven't already make sure you see the beginning of this post ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:02 pm

That spotted cucumber bug is pretty neat looking. We were at a demolition derby last night. It's in a valley down south a bit, and there was what I think was a dragonfly in the air so big you'd swear it was a kaiju. I couldn't get a good image of it because my son had my phone at the moment recording the races, but I half expected a phone call with a raspy voice saying, "Chaaaaaaaaaapstick." The thing was that big.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:19 am

Man, a demolition derby :!: Thanks for the comment about the Cucumber Beetle, I appreciate that :) See, bugs are really cool, you just gotta give'em a chance ;) Maybe it was a kaiju ;) Well on a serious side Dragonflies can be big, I have encountered ones as large as the Praying Mantis I just showed in body length and wingspan or longer/bigger. They are amazing animals. If you really did encounter an abnormal species then it could have been quite big. The extinct Meganeura was nearly 3 feet wide & long. It was the largest insect of all-time back in the Late Carboniferous which was before the Dinosaurs. If you saw something like that then you saw a gold mine & history because it would be considered a living fossil which is an extremely crucial category in Cryptozoology. Do you think it was possible that you saw something like this :?:

By the way, cool you thought that about Mothman Prophecies :batsmile: That was such a great film. If you don't mind I'd liked to post a little bit about it, I have a few film trailers to post before that however ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:38 pm

Oh, post on the Mothman Prophecies. I've always been fascinated by the subject. Fun story, and forgive me if I've told it already but I talk so much on here I forget what I've told and haven't told yet, but, as I've said elsewhere, we've gone to Myrtle Beach the last few summers. My wife kind of wants to go elsewhere, but the kids really like the resort we stay at on the ocean, and they've become familiar with all the attractions and things to do in the area. But it's a 15 hour car ride from here, so we split the trip up in to two days so we drive seven hours to Beckley West Virginia then make the next eight hours the following day.

So, yeah, I know what you're going to think. Same as me. Beckely, West Virgina...how far is that from Point Pleasant, WV? Well, it's about two hours northwest, which is sadly, about two hours out of the way heading home. But I've always wanted to go there. I have a friend who went there and we asked him if it was worth the trip and he said there really wasn't much to do or see there but I don't care. I want my picture with the Mothman statue and a t-shirt.

My wife probably would've gone, but I'm not sure how excited my kids would be and we make the trek with my mother-in-law and let's just say she's not into that kind of stuff. At all. But, last year I tried to convince them to make the detour but had no luck. So, we get about an hour into our drive back north and suddenly traffic comes to a complete standstill. I mean, it wasn't moving at all. Turns out a tractor trailer carrying 'Rona vaccines had crashed and blocked the entire thruway. Luckily the driver of the truck suffered only minor injuries and if any of thus vaccines were unusable after, well, then that might be a good outcome IMO, but that's another story.

https://wvmetronews.com/2021/08/28/truc ... a-vaccine/

It took forever to get to the next exit where we got off and followed a detour, as did everyone else, so that wasn't much better. By the time we got passed the accident, and back on the thruway, can you guess how many hours it took? Yep, two hours. I was like, see!

Someday I'll get there. Roswell is too far to drive, lol.

But on the dragonfly, my wife doesn't think it was a dragonfly but it was hard to tell because it was moving pretty fast and calling it a dragonfly makes it easier to sleep at night, lol. I told my wife that same Mothman joke, and she rolled her eyes at me but I'm like Mark Henry, that's what I do. If I had to judge its size from a distance, it was definitely bigger than my hand, maybe eight to ten inches long, which is way bigger than I like my bugs to be. There's a chance we could've built Jurassic Park using it had we caught it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:41 am

OK great I will...in time. Hah, all of that sounds really cool. Yeah, I wonder...Vaccs, that is indeed another story :x So your wife is a bit skeptical but you can't help "what if". Good Mark Henry reference ;) Yep, I'm open to most of any possibility of anything. There is many places I'd like to go to but I don't think I could ever anytime soon :roll: Oh I love how it looks in the west and would love to see many areas over there like the mountains and see that clear sky with possible activity, it's always been a desire of Mine. Since your able to travel around for many hours and since your wife is open to it, maybe you outta make plans for it. If it would be Me I would go there when the trees are bear during the Fall or Winter or so like it was in the TMMP. Seems like a lot happens during those times plus you can see more stuff in the air. Maybe if you introduce your kids to the story of the Mothman, show them some documentaries and the movie itself maybe they would be interested and then you can have your experience along with the your family for the ride :) I really like how it looks over WV as well as many areas in the east. I've always loved the look of them towns & forests. See here in MO & the Midwest is really cool and I love how country it is but over on the east side is much different and I always wanted to experience it. You have the areas and what it takes to travel, again if I were you I would be serious about doing it, if I had the chance I would do it right now, believe you Me :batwink:

OK, about your Dragonfly. What's your wife think it was then :?: Gosh, 10 inches, that's pretty big :? Are you familiar with FLYING RODS, SKYFISH or SOLAR ENTITIES :?: I've known about them since the 2000s. There isn't a ton of sightings now like was was before for whatever reason but there is still some. Take a close gander at these vids especially the second one. Could THIS BE WHAT you SAW :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh:

Your mentioning & gif of Jurassic Park is a coincidence cause I just got done watching the whole movie series as Peacock had the new Dominion one. I know you saw it with your kids recently and that is why I'm mentioning this now. They have the special extended version on there plus a lot of extras. Their only gonna have about a week or so longer till they hand it over to Netflix :roll: I'm not gonna talk much about it but I will say that I liked it, it had a lot of surprises and it was a good way to end the movie franchise. I plan on writing up the whole series in the future in the movie trailers section in time. Oh I bet your thinking when I say that a lot is Brandon quoting Indrid Cold from TMMP :? Is he being funny :roll: :?: Your answer is yes & no. No I am not trying to be funny because yes I am quoting it but its an inspiration that ever since I saw the film way back when it came out I starting say "in time" because I liked it an dit just sounds good. If you ever wondered about that, well there's you answer...later PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions