Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:16 am

It's not a perfect comparison, but they matchup and the match just made me think of the WM match. If done right, they could build this feud up the next few weeks and have the Acclaimed win in NY later this month, they'd probably get a huge op from the hometown crowd.

It sucks as it looks like Punk and much of the Elite won't be there tonight now. Not sure if you have followed what happened after the PPV but it got ugly, apparently. I'm assuming Ace Steel will get fired, and Punk might be gone, too. Now they say Jericho and Mox will be there tonight when they weren't scheduled. At least I can hopefully sing Judas, lol. Sting better be there now. I'll post pics eventually.

I posted about an NXT house show over in the experience thread if you haven't seen it yet I came across some pictures online thanks to OneDrive. Give it a look when you can.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:42 pm

Holy crap that was a long day. Doors opened at 6, got in at 6:15. Dark Elvation from 7-8. Dynamite Then Rampage didn't end until around 11:20. A lot to say but it's too darn late to say it all tonight. It's going to take me some time to go through all the pictures to post. Had a blast though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:22 am

Oh man, I hope you had fun and rest up. Take your time so you can get everything straight ;)

EDIT: OK, I saw your NXT, I will read it when I have a chance. I'm not just saying that so I'm not skipping it ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:46 am

Here's some highlights, Mox and MJF are two of the best on the mic. Maybe the best. MJF just has the crowd wrapped around his finger all the time, and Mox makes you want to run through a wall whenever he talks. Different styles, but amazing.

Main event, the local kid did it!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:27 am

OK, I'm not looking much here cause I only got a couple weeks or so to go on AEW's YT page then it's off to watch the PPV. After that I'll catch up to your AEW event stuff and your NXT as well, your showcases should be really good PB ;) Just keep posting any AEW stuff or more your event stuff if you want. I may from time to time say a few things about AEW that I'm catching up too like I am impressed with Hook and the Baddies for example. Later PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:03 am

That's cool. It's going to take a few days maybe more to post everything from AEW. I'll probably break up Dynamite in to two separate posts, and then do Rampage, so no rush. I will say there's nothing I posted from Dark Elevation that would really spoil anything from the last few weeks of AEW TV so you could check it out now if you want.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:18 am

Well I posted on your NXT, it was a really good showcase and yes your pic of Candice was very sweet :)

I am quite close to watching the PPV. I just got done watching the pre-show. You did watch it before the PPV right :?: I was actually impressed how many good matches was on it, the one with Kingston & Ishii was awesome, let's have a third match between the two :!:

OK, I'm still not trying not to spoiled about everything here so we'll get to the PPV in time. First I wanna say about a few things here to make up a bit or a lot thereof lack here from Me within the topic. Now keep in mind I no longer have DirectTV, I only catch up for AEW on YT and the web in general, same goes for WWE & Peacock.

1. I was really into the match in My hometown of St. Louis when the Young Bucks won the belts in that really cool ladder match :!:

2. I really like the baddies. You never talk about Jade Cargill and I'm like why :?: I think she's awesome. Right when I was liking her "jade hair" she went back to the "storm hair" which i also like. I think the team was a good idea to have a thuggish female group like this. About darn time Leila Grey goes a bit further.

3. Gosh, Stokley really get's a round. I'm glad Toni Storm & Athena are getting the attention. I liked the Thunderstorm Team idea and I really like Storm's newer look.

5. Amazing how Wardlow is. He is truly remarkable. Hook is great too. I really like how he comes out, fights, wins and leaves. I'm not big on Danhausen yet, IMO he's like a spooky version of Orange Cassidy and what a coincidence their together.

6. I was quite surprised that Tay & Guevara got together. I think their good together but dang I can't help but think what he said about Sasha Banks sometime ago, if anything goes down with this couple don't be surprised :roll: Oh and yes, I agree with the crowd chants about him.

7. I really dig Swerve in Our Glory. I think it was a very clever part of Keith Lee & Strickland to be together. In fact I find them to be one of the best looking & dominant teams in many, many years!

8. W.

Shame that Tony Schiavone never get's to have a proper interview, everybody is always got to take the mic away from him one way or another, seems like he's only there for nostalgia now and even worse nobody ever metntions about, its bad enough they do that to younger people in WWE but Tony is a legend, I'd like to see them do that to JR :x

Well, that's all on My mind for now, more later :)

EDIT: By the way, I kinda flipped when I saw W. Morrissey come out. I always thought he looked like Edge but darn if he doesn't look even more so like him now :o After he & Enzo left WWE I only followed them briefly. AEW needs another giant here besides the monstrous Luchasaurus especially since WWE hired Braun Strowman back. I was kind of impressed with the giant Satnam Singh as well. I think he maybe as impressive as Omos but let's see and I would love to see him face to face with Morrissey which in this day and age is something that is severely missing is giants & huge men which IMO is quite pathetic when the 70s, 80s & 90s produced so many then which makes this generation not know what greats they missed from those said decades. Let's do that AEW :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:49 am

I know you're still behind on episodes so I put this in spoilers. I'm just so happy and excited for this...

Spoiler:

On your points...

1. I like the Young Bucks. I kind of prefer them as heels. But sometimes their matches all feel the same, and like the Lucha Bros. it doesn't always feel like wrestling so much as guys moving around to get into place for the next big move. Because of that I often find myself sort of zoning out in some of their matches. I'm sure they're hella fun in to see in person, though.

2. Jade's great. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on her All In look. But she wrestles so infrequently that it's kind of hard to talk much about her. The Baddies are all right. The whole women's division just needs more TV IMO, but I know it's tough to squeeze so much into 3 TV hours.

3. I've been a big Toni Storm fan since she wrestled Baszler at NXT Takeover. I don't know if she's getting the response they hoped for, but that might also be due to not getting much promo time. It was the same with Thunderosa. Once she got the title you barely heard from her, and really, your face champs need speaking roles. ThunderStorm was a fun idea. I would've rather seen Women's Tag titles than Men's Trios titles. I actually don't care for Trios matches.

5. Wardlow is impressive, but his matches are also getting repetitive. I like Danhausen as comedic brevity. I bought his shirt at Dynamite. He's like Kai En Tai or Mae Young backstage, giving some levity to the show. I thought they should've ran more with HookHausen.

6. Sammy and Tay are actually married. His Sasha comment doesn't bother me. I've said stupid things when I was a teenager, there just wasn't a twitter for the world to see it. I don't think it was anything he seriously meant, similar to like Hartley Sawyer on The Flash and how they ran him off the show because of stupid jokes.

7. Swerve in Our Glory is a neat name. Swerve makes for a good heel though, and I think Lee is a better face, so not sure how much longer they'll be together. JMO.

I've been imoressed with W. Morrisey's shape. Not sure if you, now all the problems he's had the last few years, but I was glad to see him in Impact and healthy. He looks great. A Morrisey staredown with Archer would be cool, too. I just worry he'll be lost in the AEW shuffle. Not sure about the stable he's currently in. I still hope someday we might get an nZo/Morrisey reunion in AEW. nZo has done some good work in MLW and his mic work might be top-5 IMO.

Dynamite felt like it lost some of its pizzaz in the summer with all the injuries, but the last few episodes seem to have regained some of that early AEW steam.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:09 am

OK PB. I saw the All Out event and the following Dark. I am still behind there, I'm behind on NXT too. I think I know what your spoiler is because I saw a big name on their YT page but I'm not clicking it just in case till I'm ready.

OK. Before I talk about the PPV here is some brief reponces to what you just said PB :)

1. Gosh, I thought you said you saw the Bucks in person. Well, one thing that I got an issue of them and most of everybody even in WWE is wrestlers getting up after tons of finishing moves and they just don't stay down. For example I always get mad at Xavier woods after he sells a big hit and getting major punishment and you think its over and its not. IMO it makes the guys of the past look bad that isn't Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker etc.

2. Well its about time you talk about Jade :) Yeah, all the time I missed watching AEW, her record still isn't that big. I will talk about her when I get to the PPV. Yeah, the Baddies are good but needs more time but its still the same as before I said about the women's divisions, they get A LOT of matches on Dark. That's where they are.

3. Oh, well that means you didn't see Toni Storm's Mae Young tournament win back a few years ago. If you haven't seen that I seriously recommend it you see it on Peacock if you can sneak it in or a good complete version on YT. It seemed like she was unstoppable, arguably the best times she ever had. Her time in NXT UK was so-so but yes her run NXT was ok. I loved her matches with Rhea Ripley then. I really dig her new look in AEW. Yes, Thunderstorm was great but man, her & Shida looked super good as a team, they matched all RED :!:

4. WE skipped #4 :lol: Agreed about all of that. I do love how the crowd chants Wardlow, very much like the classic WCW Goldberg days and why it doesn't have that magic, its still really good.

5. Yes, I knew about Sammy & Tay. I looked them up after I first heard they were newly weds on AEW YT and I'm like darn did things change here :shock: I just know people just doesn't change that much. Sometimes companies and such take things the wrong way and people are fired for the stupid reasons without a second thought. Its just that Sammy's words were pretty strong and I was never a person to say such a thing like about anyone. I admit had My thoughts about women including Sasha but that was never one of'em :batsmh:

6. Oh yes, Swerve makes a great heel. He was a big heel for a while in NXT and especially with his Hit Row group. I think SIOG could be tweener team, they can be face & heel/neutral. I like how they make mistakes by hitting each other but get together and win their matches anyway.

7. Last time I saw Morrissey was in ROH when he & Enzo/NZO was doing stuff. I really wasn't following them since. I know NZO is a great on the mic and yeah he is one of the best. I think he could even compete with the likes of Jericho & The Rock if it would happen. Yes Morrissey is in tremendous shape. Other than Nash & Kane and only a handful of others in their primes, he is one of the only 7 footers in wrestling that looks superb physically. I hope he does good in AEW.

OK, I think that will do it. Let this syncs in and in a while I will give My take on All Out and possibly more later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:37 am

I saw the Bucks live a longtime ago when they were Generation Me in TNA, and Matt once in singles at a ROH show because Nick had just had a kid and wasn't there. Adam Cole called him One Buck and it got a chant going, lol. I think they're great when they actually sell in a match. Matt used to sell a back injury back in NJPW and it made the matches mean more. Nowadays, especially against the Lucha Bros. Selling kind of goes put the window.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW