Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: SummerSlam RESULTS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:31 am

Oh I know about how they have conditioned us. I have seen this for a long time. You cannot say this was like this in the old days of how they conditioned us but unfortunately WWE is the only ones that has programmed us this way, its basically in most of everything now I'm afraid with a lot of things :roll: Hey now don't pick on on the MOTU movie, it wasn't that bad ;)

Here is the big official WWE SummerSlam video exclusive, it really doesn't show you the winners but it does show you the most major moments!

OK, I thought it was a decent PLE. Here is My very brief results:

Jerry "The King" Lawler was on the kickoff show in his home town and the Hall of Famer Mayor of Knoxville Tennessee KANE was their to show the attendance numbers!

SummerSlam 2022 - 9.jpg

Kid Rock was in the crowd apparently to hype up his song for the event. He was with a very large gal and he got it on with her. I have no idea if this BBW is his girlfriend or what but darn it looked like he had some fun there ;)

SummerSlam 2022 - 10.jpg

The hometown girl Bianca Belair beat Lynch in a terrific match. Amazing how much muscle she's put on. After the match BAYLEY RETURNED and she had back up...the return of DAKOTA KAI & the repackaged Io Shirai as Io Sky(sp?). Becky is now apparently a babyface or at least neutral as she helped Bianca! I had a feeling Bayley would return here :o

Logan Paul beat the Miz. Amazing how this match was. When Ciampa got kicked out then AJ Styles attacked him. Maryse looked smoking hot, amazing cleavage too :batsmile: Logan just seems generic, even his name is however he did an awesome frog splash from the TOP ROPE TO THE ANNOUNCERS TABLE...it looked like he did it a millions times before, in another words I do think he's a natural at this stuff so I'll give him that.

Along with Maxine Dupri, Mace, Mansoor & LA Knight are repacked as models...seems a bit more than "The Model" Rick Martel who I loved...I don't know how this is going to be :roll:

Lashely beat Theory in a good match but Theory kinda got squashed.

The Mysterios beat the Judgement Day with the help of the returning Edge. I thought he'd return like I said before. She's good here I miss the old Rhea Ripley :roll:

McAffee beat Corbin in a great match. Cole said about how Corbin speeds around the ring post in shades of the Bossman in SummerSlam 91, I talked about this a long while back when I did My House Show from 91...unbelievable is isn't :o

Drew came out hyping up Clash at the Castle for September.

JJ Jarrett as the special guest ref in his home town too. He came out TO HIS ORIGINAL MUSIC from the early to mid 90s liked I wanted...it was classic but then he entrance WAS CUT OFF and that p!$$ Me 0FF, they showed a highlight clip with the two teams then he's already in the ring and with only seconds left of his great music, you can always count of WWE for this crap :roll: He looks really good. A bigger belly but his face and especially his arms still look very great! He called it down the middle, he was a great ref, I loved how he was, I hope he makes more ref appearance, in fact he'll go down in history as one of the best guest refs ever especially at SummerSlam cause Jesse" the Body" Ventura was at the first one in 88 as a special guest ref & Sid Justice made his debut as a special guest ref in 91. Like his wife, Ford put on a lot of muscle. The Usos beat the Profits when it was all said and done. Oh and no Roadie reunion, no time nor the place :roll:

Riddle came out and challenged Rollins, Seth came out and beat the heck out of him.

Liv beat Rousey in a screwy finished cause she pinned Rousey while she tapped at the same time and Ronda turned heel attacking the ref...will this feud continue?

After Roman came out Lesnar got his huge tractor out. In a very physical match, Lesnar got his tractor and LIFTED UP THE RING... :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Lesnar F-5ed Heyman onto the commentates TABLE and Heyman took a massive bump :!: After many spears Lesnar LOST! Roman is still champ, sais that Lesnar is welcomed here and will face Drew at Clash at the Castle!

OK, here is a few pics I took when I watched the event.

The Corbin & McAffee match was actually the surprise match of the night for Me..here's why. They revealed how they were roommates in the NFL and how McAffee helped him. Here is a pic of that.

When Corbin was coming out a guy in the crowd was dressed up like the Joker...THE JOKER :batshock: I thought I better take a pic of that!

All of a sudden a choir emerges out of nowhere singing BUM-@$4 Corbin. It was funny. Then they morphed it into a new theme for Pat McAffe and it was sweet. If you have seen My score entries of Danny Elfman & listened to them especially Nightbreed & Sleepy Hollow then you'll know that I love choirs! This little thing they put together here for McAffee was really good.

I also thought's I'd take a pic of "Little Naitch" Charles Robinson as he always has the oddest yes hilarious facial expressions :)

and here is a pic of JJ Jeff Jarrett as he holds both tag belts up for grabs. Like I said, I was very displeased with his entrance but his performance as a ref was really good, just great, I loved that!

So there it is. Since it was in Tennessee, it looks a lot like Missouri in way, it borders My state. The bridges they showed looked like ours down town (My Grandma Mimi went down to Tennessee long ago and she sure could yell ya some stories about it :) I liked the country stuff and with the presence of some of the home towners in attendance and stuff. Overall it was a decent PLE. They did what they could here. Instead of looking for an alternative just WATCH the video I provided and all the stuff I did above, that should be enough especially about THE JOKER :batsmile: Now the funny thing is I was talking about SummerSlam 92 before, 30 years ago this year at Wembley Stadium...it was outside and Bret Hart & The Bulldog had one of the greatest matches EVER and the IC Title WAS THE MAIN EVENT and shook hands/hugged...fast forward 30 years later...SummerSlam 2022 is outside at Nissan Stadium...Belair & Becky in a great match, shook hands! I was trying to reminiscent how country was back in the 90s with Jarrett, Lawler, USWA, SMW and all that fantastic classic times but as fun as this modern stuff, I just prefer the old days way more.

So there it is, the WWE SummerSlam 2022 results in a nutshell :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:18 pm

So, I actually watched a lot of SS even though I'll admit I was packing at the time for our trip, and the latter half I watched with no sound as we watched something else on TV, so my opinions may vary. My thoughts:

I'm glad they finally got Becky turned back to a face, it's just a shame she's going to be out for a bit. If they could find anyway to recapture 50% of how hot she was during her run as The Man, it might actually get me to watch again. I just don't like Bianca. Maybe dislike is too strong, but I just find her kind of annoying. From the skipping, and the hair twirling, and all the emoting she does with the facial expressions, I just find it off-putting. And I absolutely can't stand when the women act like they're about to cry after they win. Ugh. The women returning was a nice surprise, but again, WWE has a long way to go before I actually care about 95% of the roster. HHH seems to be heading in the right direction, but I still don't care enough to tune in for long on most nights. It's easier to just read the results and look for the highlights later. I don't do that with Dynamite,

The Miz vs Paul was ok. I think the Miz could be used better, but he does a good job in these kinds of matches. I feel bad they're wasting Ciampa as a sidekick, hopefully Hunter fixes that soon. The match was decent. Paul held his own, but they need to get AJ and Ciampa away from this.

Lashley vs Theory I didn't really see. I don't care about the title or either wrestler so I didn't pay any attention.

I can't stand Dominik Mysterio. I just see David Flair and I immediately tune out. Poor Finn. The Judgement Day just blatantly ripped off The House of Black entrance (nothing new for wrestling, I know) but all I could think of as they walked to the ring is that they looked like bootleg Superman II villains. This stable needs to be launched into the Phantom Zone.

I missed the start of Corbin vs McAfee. I get the poont of McAfee, I just don't care. And I've seen a Corbin match before, so they're all pretty much the same. I saw the end. I saw Pat almost fall off the ropes. I just didn't care enough to pay much attention to it.

Didn't watch the Usos vs Street Profits. I've never really cared about the Usos and I don't really care about the Street Profits. WWE never takes the tag division seriously, so I never really watch these matches.

I didn't see the Rousey-Liv match, just the finish. Meh. I really wanted to like Liv, I just don't find her that interesting in the ring, and I'm kind of over and bored with Rousey. The finish was kind of dumb. It makes Liv look weak. It would've been a fine finish without Liv tapping, but since she's already a smaller sized wrestler, it makes her look undeserving to be the champ whereas had she rolled up Rousey without tapping it would've made her look smarter than Rousey to compensate for her being less formidable than Rhonda. But either way, I don't really care. Wake me up when Becky comes back. Although, at least Shayna got a big win on SD. Vince ruined her with the stupid vampire bite on Becky, and I haven't cared since. Hopefully HHH can rebuild her because she should be a legit badass on par with Rousey, and the two of them done right would be a hell of a match.

I watched the main event, but by then I had the sound off so maybe I missed the energy of watching it with the announcers. I rolled my eyes at the tractor. I dunno, it was just corny. I was half expecting Lesnar to get pinned under the scooper to lose because it was a Last Man Standing match. As it was, it was ok, though at no point did I expect Lesnar to win. He's just not the guy to end Reigns...well, reign. I don't know who they'll go with, but it needs to be someone who gains something from dethroning Reigns. I don't know if it'll be the Rock, but that would be a mistake. At this point my betting odds are on Cody, with Bron being the dark horse candidate. Honestly, the match looked mostly like every other match they've had really besides the tractor bit, which was kind of funny, but I'd be pisssed if I paid good money to be sitting on the other side and couldn't see most of the match because there was a ring blocking my view.

It's probably nitpicking, but if Reigns was hitting Brock with a chair the ref wouldn't be counting, so while they were throwing stuff on top of him at the end the ref shouldn't have been counting, and that bothered me. I know, tooting AEW's horn I shouldn't complain about refs, and it wouldn't have changed the outcome if the ref waiting ten more seconds, but eh, I thought the end was kind of a weak finish, but that's because this match felt like that line from Spaceballs...coming up, Mongo's review of Rocky 5...thousand! This felt like the 5000th time these two have fought and god willing, we won't see another.

It seems like HHH is changing things a little, the return at the end of SD looks promising. No, I wasn't watching, but at least it wasn't Lesnar, lol.

But that was my Summerslam thoughts. Like I've said, WWE conditioned me the last decade to not really care about 90% of the roster with their 50/50 booking, so I really didn't care about 90% of these matches, I watched mostly out of curiosity to see what HHH would bring to the table, and it looks promising after the first weeks, but it'll take a lot more changes before I'll tune in regularly, if ever.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:21 am

OK, I know what your thoughts are now and your movie references PB ;) Well, Clash at the Castle is next month, I bet that is going to be something ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Clash at the Castle is TO

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:48 am

This the UK's biggest event since WWF's SummerSlam 92 at Wembley Stadium 30 years ago this year, amazing isn't it :?: It was such a great one and one of My faves where the IC title was the main event with The Bulldog & Bret! Not sure what this event mean sto others but I loved it and again My Grandpa PoPo was really surprised that the Warrior was going at it with Macho Man again :)

So this Clash at the Castle looks entertaining.

The Matches are as follows:

Edge & Rey Mysterio vs. The Judgment Day match looks to be good, Rhea should play a big part her.

Six Woman Tag Team Match - This is going to be very interesting. Seems that Asuka & Bliss are stuck in the middle. Have you notived how much muscle Bianca has gained :o Io Sky is becoming better but darn Dakota just isn't the same anymore but gosh, I am really finding Bayley SMOKIN' HOT right now and I hope they win and then get the titles!

Riddle vs. Seth Rollins is going to be great because now the match is personal because how they mentioned their wives, it's gonna be a brawl and there's a hint there that Riddle can be heel and stop acting like a dope :!:

Gunther vs. Sheamus is going to be an absolute fight. Ever since VValter's slight repacking he's been unstoppable and and now IC champ! This belt is the only one that Sheamus needs to be the ultimate champion!

Liv Morgan vs. Shayna Baszler is going to be something since Shayna seemed to be "rebuilt". I hope she wins!

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre - I cannot see Drew winning here despite its his home turf but WWE can shock us when they want too!

Again, looks entertaining!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:27 am

I may check it out a free replay free somewhere since my kid's got a baseball game in the afternoon. I've tried watching Raw a little these last few weeks but generally start to realize after a couple minutes that I don't care about any of the wrestlers or storylines and don't feel like sitting through three hours. If Vince were still around I probably wouldn't even bother because I wasn't expecting RR to lose until next WM, but with HHH I feel there's maybe a small chance Drew beats Reigns, and that'd be something cool to see. It does kind of have the same feel of Brett vs the Bulldog, not that the stories the same, but it just feels like a big moment like that. The rest of the card? Eh.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:03 pm

Sounded like the matches were pretty good. Nothing really shocking in a good way, though. Still, sounds like a solid show until the end. Not going to bother going out of my way to watch any of it, though. Not really interested in the NXT show either, so it's full speed ahead to AEW PPV and then I'm going to Dynamite on Wednesday.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:31 pm

Well, its very hard to imagine Vinnie Mac not screaming in Cole's ears and telling the commentators what to say, you'd swear it's still happening. I don't see anybody beating Roman, only one I see that could is Karrion Kross and I hope he & Scarlett has the same entrance as before. Gunther & Imperial has the potential however though. The CATC was good, it was good for entertainment and great performances by the women but really only a little bit of actual surprises like Dominick Mysterio turning heel and Solo Sikoa joining the Bloodline, I've been waiting for that!

Here is the results in less than 5 minutes as McKenzie Mitchell runs down the PLE in backwards fashion for some reason.

Extreme Rules is next month in Philly of all places where ECW was born, amazing how they switched/swapped around the opposite months of Hell in a Cell and Extreme Rules.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:16 pm

Nah. It'll be Cody that beats Roman but probably not until after Roman beats the Rock at WrestleMania next year. Honestly, I would think that match would be just as good, if not better, if Roman didn't have the belt and it was just a family blood feud, but who knows which way they'll go. But I'd put money on Cody at some point being the one. If they have Rock take the belt off him after this long run then that would be a mistake, IMO.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:10 am

You ain't kiddin' it would be a mistake. Roman truly has been the the best champ in a long time simply because he defends and beats everybody. I hope he beats the Rock and it will be 1 & done! If Cody doesn't beat him and/or wins the titles then his betrayal of AEW and everything else when it comes to this will be for nothing so I hope he does and it would be cool if he stops Theory from cashing in as well and may even beats Strowman :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:11 pm

Have you been following this whole White Rabbit thing? I've only read about it as I don't watch WWE shows anymore. Sounds interesting provided it's a decent payoff unlike GTV.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT