Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: NXT IYH & HIAC this weeke

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:15 pm

Yeah, I give Cody some props for going out there, but it seemed like the crowd was turning on him a little bit. Seth is so good at what he does, and it was Chicago, so who knows what's going on there. But Cody does have the tendency to chase the hug a bit, so they need to be careful they don't turn the crowd on him like in AEW. I actually saw the last couple matches because I was curious about Bray so I used a buddy's password. Edge just looks out of place in that gimmick. The short hair is weird enough, but he looks like a dad trying to cosplay with his kids at Comicon.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:33 am

Sorry for the later reply. I know and I don't want that to happen. He should have embraced the crowd in AEW like Cena did it. It made for such exciting matches...like I said, that's one of the things that I loved about Cena's matches because of HOW the crowd was, it made it so much more interesting and it could have been even more so with Cody! How about that, you snucked in :? Good for you ;) Oh :lol: about Edge. I know, I gotta get used to his short hair now.

OK, real short here. The day before Hell in a Cell was NXT 2.0: In Your House. It was a fun show but Todd Pettengill only narrated it from the beginning and on the next regular episode. It kinda sucked that he wasn't actually there because he was there for the last ones for old NXT and while they did a good job then on trying to bring back the nostalgia of the mid 90s when IYH was so good it just wasn't the same even then. Anyway, "The Toddster" was a big part of IYH for nearly it's entirety. Its just a shame he wasn't seen this time around :roll:

So here is quick highlights of the event. It was pretty good, I really loved the buildup of Bron Breakker & Joe Gacy over the last several weeks, the mach itself was great!

Money in the Bank is about 2 weeks away, it appears to be quite different this time now :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:24 am

Bonus pics from NXT 2.0 In Your House & Hell in a Cell as they are replaying on Peacock ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics:MITB is Tonite!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:25 am

So tonite's Premium Event is Money in the Bank :o It looks to be really different!

I'm hoping the mystery man is gonna be a big surprise, I'd love it if Omos would win. Shame that had to happen to Sasha, every year there's always something about her so she's not in MITB :x The women's MIB looks decent however, Raquel & Shotzi & Evans look to be really good now but Becky I think really needs it however I do think all would be a great winner. I'd like it if Carmella to actually win here. Nattie has been really hot in many ways lately, I want her to beat Rousey :!:

Any thoughts or anything for this one :?: Gonna get your pal's again to check it out ;) It looks to be pretty exciting.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:59 pm

MITB was actually last night. There was a surprise, but it wasn't with the men. I only saw about ten minutes of the show, but it was probably the best 10 minutes.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:23 pm

Yes PB, I realized that. I'm so used to WWE events on Sunday, I just had it in My mind and I was a day late watching it :roll: That ever happen to you before :?:

Here is an official highlights clip!

EXCLUSIVE - Happy Corbin attacks Pat!

WHO IS THIS? People are saying it's Edge :roll:

It was a fun event from beginning to end. I really like Evans' Sonya Blade gimmick and loved how she was showing off that cleavage :batsmile: Raquel seemed dense at times. Shotzi seems to never get past that spot. All of Liv's hard work paid off as she won. Theory & Lashley was great. Glad Bobby won. Shame Carmella lost the way she did but Bianca is a great champ. The match with the Usos and Profits was really good but Profits should have won I think. Rousey did a sharpshooter with an HBK pose on Nattie :o Nattie has been pretty hot lately but shame she lost but I'm very glad Liv cashed in on Rhonda, that was great! THEORY is added to the MIB, at least it was CONTINUED from the McMahon angle instead of Lesnar just ADDED with NO REASON! Omos was a monster but a shame he didn't win. I loved how they all held him up and threw him on the TABLE with SUCH POWER & RK-BRO off of the ladder :o :shock: THEORY WINS MITB after losing US TITLE to Lashley :!:

Again I thought it was a decent event. Seemed like there wasn't as many ladder spots as there could have been. SummerSlam is next and Roman vs. Lesnar in LAST MAN STANDING MATCH :batshock: :smgasp: :wwshock:

Again, I realized that it was on Saturday. I'm so used to WWE Premium Live Events on Sunday, I just had it in My mind and I was a day late watching it :roll: That ever happen to you before PB :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:55 pm

The nice thing about only really paying attention to AEW is they only have four PPVs a year, so the buildup is usually memorable. I've forgotten a few WWE premium live events, but that's because I really don't care, but if I'm home and bored, or the wife is working that night, maybe I'll find a feed somewhere and watch. That happened Saturday. i only watch about ten minutes but it was the ten minutes where Liv won, and the strange vignette aired. I originally thought it might be Bray and was a little disappointed he'd go back (even though in all honesty, besides having less creative control there, he'd probably get the most airtime there and biggest push even if they do bungle it in the long run, lol. But after reading other thoughts, it seems like it's for Edge which is kind of odd because he hasn't been off tv that long really.

I've forgotten about some Impact PPVs over the years, but they weren't things I was really interested in and just found out afterwards they were even on. But yeah, I can see with WWE we've all been conditioned for Sunday night PPVs for decades, so I could see missing a Saturday premium event. I would've just scanned the results, lol, I really can't watch anything I know is prerecorded, it's why I don't watch Rampage often and couldn't watch Smackdown for years when it was taped on Tuesday and aired later in the week. If anything, big happened, you'd hear about it ahead of time anyway. Same with Impact now, I may watch it if there's nothing on, but the fact they tape the shows three weeks out makes them feel like not so much appointment tv.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:52 pm

Well good but not good PB ;) Oh yeah, conditioned is a very mild way of putting it. Oh TNA for long time even in the early 2010s when I was a big fan, they would tape many shows 3 weeks in advance. Well in the old days wrestling was taped, I'm talking 80s to even mid 90s in early days with Prime Time Wrestling, Mania & Superstars. WWF tried to compete with WCW's early Monday Nitro's when they went live in 95 & 96 every week then the Monday Night Wars then it was all mostly live. To Me its fine but it's no big deal that it's live I mean the thing is, if your watching WWE LPE on Peacock and you don't tune it that very second you cannot see the beginning, you'll have to wait for the replay, it's not like the original WWE Network with an option to watch it from the beginning which I hated waiting for the upload to appear before that cause I was usually never on time when PPVs came on which I'd watch'em an hour or two after that back then. So I mean its cool to know its live but really, it's not a big deal to Me. Main thing is to watch it!

Yeah, Liv winning it all was a bit surprising and good. I think it was amazing how Rousey did a sharpshooter with an HBK pose on Nattie :o

Oh one more thing. Remember how I was complaining about today's age with phones and how people bring these even to wrestling events and they text MORE than watching the actual event? Well, when Lashley came out and he was tagging everybody, there was a woman in the corner of the left isle near ringside who was on her PHONE. He was there ready to tag her but she was too busy looking at it and then a guy right next to tagged him and then she looks up and realizes oh Bobby Lashley was right there by Me! Amazing how about this, like I said before, whether your at a movie theater or at a big wrestling event, do these people PAY to LOOK at their phone or did these people pay to go the events :? It just really get's to Me about how obsessed people are with this cause when I go to someplace or something special, My attention is ON THAT and NOTHING else!

Another thing, like I said, Roman vs. Lesnar is at SummerSlam in a Last Man Standing Match but this time it's July 30...why in the heck are they doing that so SOON and no wonder why they put Hell in the Cell in so early it's because their doing Clash at the Castle September 3rd :o Of course they still have NXT UK that you never hear much about but this is actually the first major event in the UK since WWF SummerSlam 92 which was 30 years ago this year and is one of My favorite events ever!

Oh man this is somethin' else :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: SummerSlam is Saturday!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:18 am

So WWE SummerSlam is tonite (Saturday) which I have kinda trained Myself to get used to that as WWE PPVs/PLEs are usually on a Sunday.

SummerSlam 2022 - 9.jpg

SummerSlam has always been one My favorite WWF/WWE events. I loved all of'em from first decade or so. I believe this is the first time ever that the event is in July and not August, this is happening because of WWE'S Clash at the Castle which is a UK special event. Amazing it was 30 years ago this year in 1992 when they were there for SummerSlam 92 which is one of My most favorite WWF events of ever, of all-time.

Despite NXT UK, the UK has been clambering for the WWE to get there for decades especially for a Wrestlemania...I guess this is a way to somewhat fit their needs :batconfused:

It appears that WWE SummerSlam to be a cool card but quite different. Here is the match ups thus far.

Amazing Brock returned last year confronting Roman, a year later here they are in a Last Man Standing Match for the Undisputed Universal Championship :o This is going to be epic! It might be the most unbelievable match of the whole year!

I bet this is going to be superb. Keep in mind, like Lesnar, Becky suddenly came back and beat Bianca for the title. About a year or so later we are having the rematch! Oh and its really awesome how Bianca has put on many pounds of muscle over the last few months. She's 160 pounds of muscle & beauty NOW :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Becky is sporting the 1 i symbal, I guess what she said a while back on Raw selling her soul is true apparently :? :o :roll:

I hope Liv wins. I don't want Rhonda to win at all especially after all of Liv's hard work!

This might be really good. Theory is a great one athlete but there's something about him that kinda irks Me. He's a good example about today's generation :roll: Since he's Mr. MITB he should win this and be US champ. I'm still trying to like babyface Lashley more than his all mighty bad @$$ persona. I do like how he tags the fans however.

This might be dandy. Its really something that the Bloodline is got all of the World & Tag titles....

The Profits might win if the special guest ref JJ Jeff Jarrett is a babyface and will have some shenanigans going here on his major double/triple duty in Nashville as he is facing Ric Flair elsewhere the same week end in The Nature Boy's last match. I am hoping that JJ will not be corporate Jarrett and appears in the WWE as a wrestler off and on with possibly more appearances...

and have a reunion with the the Roadie just like the good'ole days of 94 & 95!

I think Happy Corbin should lose this match as McAffe has become such an unexpected babyface. Despite how he has been brought up in the WWE from NXT to the main roster, he is quite gifted.

Logan Paul is a WWE superstar now... :o Can you believe it :? He's actually in WWE 2K22 :batshock: IMO he is very generic, looks like many other people yet gets all of this attention :wwsmh: I'm like who :?: What's so speciale about this guy? Just another chosen one :roll: His first singles match is the Miz...since WWE has totally scraped the enhancement talent/jobber and major releases a long while back, there isn't much practicing for anybody to do now :smsmh: The Miz is just stuck in these places, when you got TV shows and your H0llyweird for life, there isn't much room here. This match might be good but these 2 are really low on My list :roll:

The Judgement Day is really a group that needs more tuning. They don't even come close to others of yesteryears' stables. Since this is the 20th anniversary of Rey Mysterio in the WWE but much longer if you watched him in WCW, ECW and of course Mexico, this match is one way to hype that up especially since he's the cover boy on WWE 2K22. This might be a decent match and I expect Edge to return here!

So that's it. Again, I think it will be entertaining. Thoughts, predictions :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh: :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: SummerSlam is TONITE!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:06 am

I tried. I said maybe things will start to change with HHH in charge so I put on Raw and it started with Miz and Logan Paul fighting in the ring, which I thought was cool because 90% of the time Raw starts the same way: someone comes out and talks, someone else comes out and talks, someone else comes out and announces they'll meet in the main event and then they hope the viewers have the intestinal fortitude to slog through three hours of programming to get there. Wash, rinse, repeat.

So I thought, well hey, this is different. Then Reigns came out and I couldn't bring myself to care enough to sit through a ten minute Reigns/Heyman promo, as good as Heyman is, because I just don't care. I respect Reigns as a wrestler, I've just never found him interesting. Even in the Shield he was the one I didn't care about. And the rest of the roster? Well, WWE has conditioned us over the last decade to not care about anyone unless they want us to care so nobody really matters. Big E doesn't matter until they want him in a title match. AJ Styles doesn't matter. Nobody matters because chances are whoever is in a feud one side will win this week and next week the other side will win so who really cares?

So I put something else on. I flipped it back later on in the show and Drew and Sheamus were fighting with a sword and shillelagh like Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella in a terrible movie and I just thought, this is dumb.

And I haven't watched since.

I might check out SummerSlam on a free feed somewhere, but if I don't, oh well. Maybe it'll get better in a few weeks, but honestly, I just don't care about any of these matches. But Rome wasn't built in a day, I guess.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT