Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Ric Flair: The Final Match???

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Ric Flair: The Final Match???

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:15 pm

File this under a tag team matchup I never thought we'd see. I'd still love to see Naitch in AEW with Andrade, even if it's just as a manager to cut promos.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ric Flair: The Final Match???

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 am

Oh man, how fitting Flair & Jarrett :o Back in the day in the early to mid 90s JJ was considered to be a Ric Flair rip off with his strutting & FFLL but I never saw him that way...oh he is with Angle's...I mean his wife ;) I hope Andrade & Lethal is good here, I'm sure this is gonna be can't miss special :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:24 am

I've never been to Starrcast but it looks like an interesting schedule, especially Sunday.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:55 am

Indeed it looks JAMMED PACK :!:

Guess what :?: They announced that Jeff Jarrett is gonna be the special guest ref at WWE SummerSlam in the Usos vs. Street Profits match :o Its in Tennessee too so JJ is gonna be busy in his home town and that's gonna be good too. Oh and by the way, Ric Flair IS BACK on the WWE Now, Then, Forever, Together Pro-log at the beginning of shows now again with his Wooooo and he REPLACED the Warrior who replaced Flair a while back and the Warrior is gone from it completely :? I don't know why :?: Can you believe that :batconfused: :wwshock: :smsmh:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:41 pm

Interesting. That whole blowup with Flair on the Darkside of the Ring controversy was dumb anyway. Sometimes I hate this cancel culture society we live in where someone is guaranteed to be offended by something no matter what. Double J is kind of a weird pick for a guest ref of a tag match, isn't he. Is there more to the story than that? Just seems random. He's not really connected to either team as far as I know. Odd.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:40 am

Indeed. My concern is about the Warrior, you don't see anything of him anymore, I gotta pay attention to the championship bold commercials even more now cause he was on them :?

Oh you have no idea dude how much I hate this CCS :x

Oh, actually nope, this was just a way to get him in on some action, he is actually an executive official backstage and apparently has more pull than I originally thought. They "secretly" released him before so he could get into this position...they have done this with others in the past.

Here is the vid from last week. This vid package was great. It showed many of his classic moments. I absolutely loved his stuff from late 93 - early 96. No WCW here but there is also some of his great 98 NWA angle there too which was My fave of all. Oh and you can see the Roadie there as well before he bcame the Road Dogg...oh I loved that too back then :) I hope he comes out with his classic theme.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:37 pm

So by more pull you're saying he has...the stroke?

There were times I really liked Jarrett's work. There were other times in TNA where he was on top so much that I kind of got sick of him. I get that's kind of the point of a heel, but it was more go away heat than heel heat at times.

With Warrior, I think some of the unfortunate things he's said outside of the ring will always taint his career, and it may've been some blowback from people who probably don't even care about or watch the product, that just makes it easier to just not promote him as much. That's why his death was so sad. It seemed like he might've finally been in a good place and could've maybe mended some fences for his past and garnered some goodwill, and then he was gone.

Flair on the other hand, seems to be eternal. I'm only 98% sure this will actually be his final match, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:03 am

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. He had a lot with Vic "Venom" Russo back then. He truly was the "The Chosen One" :shock: I don't know how much he has now but to have himself in a match in anyway is something especially when he already got his other Nashville stuff goin' on. I mean he's pullin' at least double duty here :o You know about Vinnie Mac's Hush $3X scandal right? Well, this may have something to do with it and the WWE is really changing backstage with HHH & Stephanie & Shane out of the picture :? :?:

I know, Warrior did say some stuff and yes his departure was quite shocking :roll:

Maybe about Flair ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:52 am

Yeah, the VKM tuff is unfortunate. I don't know the in-depth details yet, not sure many really do, but I never thought I'd see the day he left the WWE alive. I figured he'd just keel over one night in the gorilla position. It'll be interesting to see how much the shows change over the next few weeks. I may give them another chance soon. The first thing I'd do would be try to get back Karrion Kross and Scarlett back as I think with their NXT entrance they could've been big on Raw or Smackdown, but Vince blew that big time.

I don't know what Vince did or when. If it was recent or forty years ago so it's hard to pass judgement yet. If it was something long ago, well, I know what's acceptable now is different from what was acceptable when everyone was watching Jerry Springer every day. I'm just glad we got those great moments at the last WrestleMania with him and Austin, whatever has happened outside the ring, the man brought wrestling from 1900s tribalism to a global product, and for that, he deserves his flowers.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:27 am

Indeed. The details are very vague. I'm still searching for the details too. I wanna know who the 4 women were, 1 source said one was a wrestler :?: I know It's like the Vince vs. Austin thing was just in time or possibly planned that way :?: I just wanted him out safely and HHH to takeover but... :roll: Yes and don't forget Vinnie Mac was arguably the innovator for PPV as well.

Maybe the product will be different. It would be awesome if Kross & Scarlett would be brought back, they had one of greatest entrances ever seen IMO plus their a great couple.

Well, SummerSlam is Saturday and yes, I kept track of the day THIS TIME, it might give you a big hint, I don't know. Seeing JJ & Roman vs. Lesnar in a last man standing match is going to be awesome.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc