Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:36 am

The vid says age restricted, can only see on YT so I cannot comment :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:21 am

Yeah, I don't know why but every version I found came up that way here. It's got images from the Vietnam War, but nothing too graphic so I'm not sure why. Here's the song by Paul Hardcastle without the video.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:15 am

I see. I never knew this song but gosh its pretty cool :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:50 am

OK, it was back in 93, I saw these on MTV and Me & My Grandma MiMi went to Blockbuster video like usual and we weren't' sure if we'd like it but we got this Movie Soundtracks CD and it was pretty good and about 3 decades later its still as wonderful now as it was then :( Here is 2 of My favorite songs on that CD.

The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - When I first saw this on MTV I thought it was so cool with the twin Scotts! Such a good fun song.

Now here is one of My all-time favorite songs EVER, I MEAN EVER :!: The Crying Game by Boy George. Now if you read My showcases you'll know I'm not happy with today's androgynous age to put mildly. It's not because I hate it or how these people are or what their going through, its because TPTB among others are shoving it down out throats on YT & Tic-Toc not to mention in everything else, comics, TV shows and movies, even in wrestling, I'm just fed up with it. Now with that out of the way, The Crying Game movie is a great one, it came out in 92, 30 years ago this year :o If you never seen it nor know what's it about then to give ya a hint, stuff like this is happening on a daily basis as I just mentioned. It's just that back then when I was a youngster it was shocking to find out that genders of people are NOT what they seem. I liked Goldust back in 95 - 97 because I knew he was Dustin and I thought he was neat and there wasn't this TWISTED stuff we have nowadays because of the programming & conditioning as I have mentioned, it's not a shock anymore and it has become a bad subject because of the way their pushing it every second of every day in everything. The movie is great yet sad, I actually felt for the character Dil because of the way the whole situation all became :roll: I do not feel the same for today's bum-steer. It's just a shame things have to be they way there and not the way it was in the movie :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Here is the actual music video of it, I listen to it all the time. Boy George has such a great voice. Like I said, it's one My all-time favorite songs EVER. If you never heard it then your in for a treat of classic early 90s goodness :)

Here is a special custom video by a Ytber with the same song but a movie telling from beginning to end. They put it together rather well.

So that's all for today, more later ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:41 am

As an odd follow up from My post of The Crying Game, We always thought Boy George sounded like Roy Orbison. My Grandma MiMi loved Orbison and she bought a very special VHS of his Black & White Concert when it came out in 88, it had an awesome silver box. This was huge for her then. I liked it too and I got to where I liked him even better than Elvis. She knew his whole life story and everything, she could talk about him all day :(

I bought the CD long ago in 93. So here is a few songs from that great concert that I really liked when concerts were still great and fun to watch!

NOTE, there is a lot of familiar faces in the concert as they are friends with Roy, see if you can pick them out ;)

Oh Pretty Woman

Ooby Dooby

Leah

Only the Lonely

So that's all for today, got some more great stuff coming up ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:33 am

So here is Alice in Chains, see, told ya I'd get to'em ;) My favorite song of their's is Would! Its so fun and goes by so fast, I bet I have listened to this song well over a 100 times since I got their great Dirt Album way, way back in the day in the early 90s! I loved their dynamic sound and the voice and look of Layne Staley, just so cool!

I got more Alice in Chains for next post, until then :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:07 am

I loved Alice in Chains. I took a trip on a bus to my friend's dad who lived in Cleveland and two things I bought on the trip with X-men Onslaught #1 and Alice in Chains Unplugged. It's a shame what happened to Layne. He had such a voice. Their regular albums are great but there's something about the Unplugged album I just love.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:03 am

Ah, that is awesome. What a great memory to have PB ;) Oh the Unplugged days were great, when we still had music television and when things were still really cool. That is great stuff there by Alice in Chains.

Here is some more by them.

Rooster - Oh man is this is a wonderful one. It's so clever!

Iron Gland - Very short but very dark & sweet!

Angry Chair - Now this is a tremendous one, it has such a great tune!

More later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:49 pm

Well, I mentioned the Singles soundtrack over in the movie trailers thread (check it out if you haven't--Bob) so I thought I'd cover it over here. I've never actually seen the film. I don't even know what it's about outside of, I assume, singles. It inclued Alice in Chains "Would?" but that's been covered already. It's a damn fine soundtrack from that era, including probably my favorite Pearl Jam song (I'll let you guesss which)...

State of Love and Trust (no video, sadly)

Breath

Chris Cornell "Seasons"

Paul Westerberg, leader singer of The Replacements "Dyslexic Heart"

Screaming Trees "Nearly lost You"
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:04 am

I never saw Singles either. Looks cool. Pearl Jam was good here but gosh, IMO their TEN was the best. Cornell was good here but I didn't pay much attention to Screaming Trees much however it's all really classic.

So here is My entry for today...

Kriss Kross' Jump, Jump was a cool song that I always liked. These "Mac Daddies" were only about 12 years old when they did this hit in 91/92 :o This was decades before this generation's supposed SM & YT sensations was even a thought :!:

More later ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions