Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Classic Songs & Music Videos of Yesteryear!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:11 am

Don't forget to check out My last entry with Dana Carvey, GNR & Elton John!

So before continuing this, here is Elton John. I was never a big fan of his but there was some that I really liked. Here is new hit at the time which was The One!

OK, now here is his live version of The One and the 1992 MTV MVA Awards. Gosh, Elton was busy as he performed with GRN as well that night :o Again there's Dana Carvey. Make you sure you see the video above before this one because it's the official version and not live!

More later ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:49 pm

"Here they are in between court dates..." Lol.

I don't remember GNR and Elton John performing together. Weird. It's too bad GNR flamed out so badly because they were amazing together. What could've been. I think I was one of the few people that actually liked Chinese Democracy. even though it wasn't really Guns n Roses, it had a couple decent songs.

1992 was around the time Elton John had a slew of hits after the Lion King. It was almost like a second career for him, but I've always been more a fan of his stuff from the 70's, maybe because I saw the episode of The Muppet Show with him so many times when I was a kid. I wish they put that up on Disney+ since the Mouse owns everything.

This has always been one of my favorite Elton John songs...

And since Elton was always dressed so colorful back then, this made me chuckle. Be sure to watch to the end to see Stanley and Waldorf get the last word.

There are few things in life as consistently amazing as The Muppet Show. Even my kids loved the first 3 seasons I had on DVD. They need to release the rest of the seasons, though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:21 am

Truth is I really didn't pay attention to Elton John. I may have seen them Muppet ones but just didn't stick with Me if I have. He was quite different then wasn't he? That was some mighty fine TV wasn't? I never really knew him till I got the great soundtrack of Ghostbusters II in 1989 which his "Love is a Cannibal" song is on there. I love the film as well. I never focused on him till the MTV stuff that I just posted.

So here is a custom made music video of his song from the film. It's pretty good.

More later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:42 am

Continuing the 92 MTV MVA here is Garth with Bono & U2! This was so awesome when I first seen because during this time is when I was really into Wayne's World as well. I had previously showed U2's great songs from their great Achtung Baby and this is a live version of Even Better Than The Real Thing! At the end of the video is David Spade with Andrew Dice Clay! This whole thing is arguably the best part of the whole show. You don't want a miss a sec of it :batsmile:

More later :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:47 am

Not much music this time but a bonus from MTV MVA 92!

Carvey & Hartman, Fart Man & More!

Denis Leary was really on a roll with commercials like this during this time, really, really cool!

More later!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:38 am

Loved Denis Leary back then. He had some funny stuff. That's why it was a bit surprising to see him in a family film like The Sandlot, one of the best sports movies of all time. Probably top-5.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Great shares. A real trip down memory lane!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:35 am

Indeed PB, Leary was great!

I was waiting for you show up here Acid, wasn't sure if you liked this type of of stuff or not. I hope you saw & listened to it from the beginning ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:35 am

Since Denis Leary is a winner here is a couple more ;)

Later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:19 pm

A local channel started airing A-Team reruns recently and it made me think of this song. And then weirdly enough, I heard it on the radio for the first time in probably 30 years, so that seemed like a sign. I remember hearing this when I was a kid, never really knew much about it at the time. It did spark my interest in history a bit as a kid, even if it always seemed like a weird song.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions