Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 10, 2022 9:45 pm

Ah, Hungry Hippos! I think I still have that game down the basement, I'm not sure though. Yep, HASBRO :!: Cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu May 12, 2022 3:33 pm

This old MEGO commercial feels like a precursor to the ultra hyped toy commercials of the 80s onward. Especially that part with Hulk knocking down the boulders.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 12, 2022 4:17 pm

It's still crazy to think one company made both DC and Marvel characters for the same line.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 12, 2022 10:22 pm

Gosh Acid, that was really cool. Way before My time really but I can still relate to it very much however. See how it was back then...it was simple yet awesome and we didn't need the symbolism & company disputes of who does/get's what! Before we get to one that was on My mind here is...

Here is the DC Super Powers!

Now back to what I was talking about. Stuff like this was goin on a bit longer with crossovers and stuff. I believe either Me or PB posted this in the early days of this great topic but what the heck, why not revisit it :?:

ToyBiz had the DC licence for awhile and these were actually were in scale a bit with their Marvel Super Heroes & X-Men lines from 1990 and early 90s. I had discussed a long while back about how I didn't get DCSP and I regretted it HUGE TIME but did showcase My lonely DCSP Superman in My Vintage Topic. Here is ToyBiz' DC figures and even the Batman 89 figures too!

These awesome times and since I missed the DCSP era by not collecting them...I have ALL of these great DC ToyBiz figures and I'm very thankful that I do...I'm just waiting to showcasing them which hopefully I'll get to soon!

Well, there's a couple more I have in mind when it comes to DC & Marvel...I'll post them next so these here that I just posted will have a bit of time to be seen :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat May 14, 2022 1:58 am

Love those figures. Actually, the second DC Super Heroes video you posted is the earliest memory I have of a DC toys commercial.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Sat May 14, 2022 1:59 am

AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:36 pm

Wow, that is...something.

"Mommy, I want a naked Arnold making machine."
"So does mommy, Timmy."

Thankfully Terminators, unlike Wolfmen, don't have nards, I guess.

I loved the Kenner SP figs. I remember that Darkseid commercial for sure. I never understood why he came with a cape, though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 14, 2022 10:23 pm

Really cool Acid :batsmile: That is great that the ToyBiz DC ones were you first ;)

Continueing with Batman, here is some by Kenner. I have a lot of these too, it was such great times then in 89 thru 92!!

Kenner went the extra mile with the Terminator. I loved them, I was never able to get that set you just showed Acid and I wasn't able to get the large scale one either but I got a lot of them guys back in the day which I will show in time.

Now as you know, I was really determined to get most of the Alien & Predator figures by Kenner because they are My favorites. The commercial starts with the 1979 Xenomorph. Me & PB talked about a while back about how the Alien series was "too terrifying" for kids and how Kenner had to cancel the line. In My Recent Acquirements topic I showed that I got Super7's Kenner Alien figures for My B-Day. That is what we were supposed to get back in the day. Thankfully I have most of these in the Alien, Marines & Predator commercials, they were so cool!

NOTE: Just recently I completed My Action Masters by Kenner :o Last year I got the Aliens & Predator ones, well not that long ago I got the Terminator ones real cheap too and it completed the trio to go with the ones I provided above. They were an awesome series that supposedly failed :roll: I will post them in time in My Recent Acquirements topic :)

Now Acid, you already posted Swamp Thing and I had already said that I have most of the series and that I loved them. I cross them over with Batman along with Alien, Predator, Terminator, Jurassic Park & Congo together. Me & PB already covered Jurassic Park a while back, I loved the days of Kenner hence My love for them & Tonka in My Vintage Action Figure Topic.

EDIT: I did post some of pics of them for Halloween last year in My Ginormous Spooky topic, do you remember that? If ya want I could repost them pics here...if ya want' I'll repost'em ;)

That's all from Me for now :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 15, 2022 10:12 pm

OK here they are, I SPECIALLY put this together for the Halloween topic last year... :blbat:

Kenner's DC Swamp Thing & Heroes vs. The Evil Un-Men! NOTE: I have more than this!

Kenner/Hasbro Batman The Animated Series - NOTE: I regrettably stopped collecting this series later :roll: I'll post the commercial that belongs to these guys in a while :)

Kenner's Alien vs. Predator! NOTE: This My fan fiction figure of Harrigan from Congo now Predator 2 & NECA's classic Berserker & Neomorph in scale!!!!!!!!!! Updated NOTE: This is ONLY a sample, I have a ton WAY, WAY MORE than this!

Kenner's Terminator Future War! NOTE: I have more than this!

Jurassic Park & Congo are wonderful too but they are not pictured but like I said, I cross over all of these Kenner series's together, it's so fun. You could make exceptions with Kenner's & Hasbro's Star Wars. Other series' such as Playmates' TMNT & Star Trek are great too with AvP and more! So there's that and I hope you liked it. I'll get to ALL of these guys when I get to the 90s in My Vintage Action figure Topic :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 17, 2022 11:50 pm

So here is the commercial I was talking about which I'm not sure if we posted it a while back so here it is :batsmile:

Unfortunately the figure pic from this series that I provided in the previous post is all I have but I think I misplaced Batman somewhere and I regrettably stopped collecting them :roll:

Thoughts or questions of the pics I provided in the previous post :?:

More videos later ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions