Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:30 am

Here's one more of the Steiners in WCW :)

NOTICE how Scotty's hair is darker and shorter, ha goatee and his arms are bigger, this was pre-Poppa Pump by months perhaps even weeks, I remember thinking how he was changing in 97 & 98 then we got the "Big Booty Daddy"! IMO he kinda went thru a transformation similar like Sting in late 95 - 96 in a way when Sting was letting his blonde hair go brown!

More later ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:13 am

Here is Madusa's 2 themes from WCW. The first one is from the early/mid 90s and the other was from the 2000. She was a 3 way- tie with Miss Elizabeth & Midajah as My favorites in WCW!

More later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:34 am

So let's get a little classic NXT for a moment, I miss these days believe it or not! In fact these were some of NXT's best days IMO.

Bray Wyatt - I was huge on him during this time in 2013 & 2014. His character was unbeatable in more ways than one, I really think he should have stayed as Waylon Mercy 2.0 & Cape Fear inspiration then the Supernatural route :roll: His theme is really catchy and I've listen to it a lot!

Now to the WWE main roster in 2016...

Emma - I really disliked her bubble gimmick with Santino and don't get Me started on the Emmalina deal :roll: Now when she became the "real deal" Emma I really liked her, I thought she was so cool with the sunglasses & the half-gloves and the way she posed in the ring, her mean expressions and her aggressive demeanor. She should have done way better and got really high and became a champ! Her new theme really rocked, its one of My favorites of the decade, its so fun to listen too!

That's all for today, I got more for later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:25 am

Bray's theme was pretty cool, especially all the lights in the crowd. I think it got a little tired after a while, especially after missteps like the WrestleMania bugs projected in to the ring. I'd love to see what he does when he has a little more freedom if or when he shows up elsewhere. Here's a couple in honor of what sounded like a pretty good Rebellion PPV this past weekend. Would expect all three of these wrestlers to get an AEW or WWE run in the next 2-3 years.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:46 am

Bray was awesome till he fought Cena @ WM30, after that defeat, it just wasn't the same. Cool themes you posted there, today's Impact is so different now.

Here is Mine, we're going to the WWF Attitude era!

Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw & The New Blackjacks - I loved these guys, I'm a big fan of big Texans like them. Yep, that's today's JBL and there's Barry Winham, one of My favorites of all time. He is the the uncle of Bray Wyatt hence his "real" first name! They shared the same cool theme. To bad the team wasn't around much, Windham betrayed Bradshaw and joined Cornette's NWA stable, I loved that too!

The New Midnight Express - Yes, that's Bob Holly & Bart Gunn :o No more Sparky Plugg & the Smoking Gunns and before Hardcore Holly & the Brawl For All. They were part of the NWA angle as well but like the new Blackjacks they didn't last long, it's always like that about the coolest stuff :roll:

That's all for now, more later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:13 am

So I featured Bray Wyatt from NXT a couple days ago and his uncle yesterday so here is his brother...

Bo Dallas! He was great in NXT and was even champ but shame he did nothing on the main roster. Amazing that Bray never wanted him in the Wyatt Family. He had a terrific theme!

So here's TJP, another totally misused wrestler. I loved the cWc, after he won it he went nowhere. I loved his theme, you can't get much more retro video gaming in wrestling than that :batsmile:

That's all for today, more later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:50 am

It's a double Dolph Ziggler day!

I have always loved Dolph, when I first saw him he reminded Me of Billy Gunn whom trained him! I think he should have reached the top more often may even surpassed HBK in title and recognition. Even when he was world champ it was always Cena, not him :roll: He has been so misused for so long. I love his expressions, his athletic ability and his talent. I just love his song too, IMO it's one of the best themes that is actually a song ever!

I thought his short tenure in NXT 2.0 was great, I loved that he won the title from Bron Breakker! But darn it he goes to NXT and becomes a huge winner and get's back on Raw and defends the title to Bron and loses it, Dolph is just getting screwed no matter what he does :roll:

More later!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:59 pm

Ziggler has been criminally underused. He could've basically been the next HBK instead of a "good hand" guy to have around. I'll add another criminally misused WWE wrestler who just so happens to be his partner...

Not a favorite, but his heel title run theme. One of TNA's big issues, even now, are too many generic themes without lyrics. Lyrics to sing to are half the fun, ask Chris Jericho.

Now this is more like it! Shame Vinny didn't see more in it or in Roode. I wish he'd go back to Impact or AEW, but I'm sure he's making good money. If only he were 2-3 inches taller. He and Bully Roode did some of the best heel work in all of wrestling as singles stars in TNA. Damn, this song is...well...glorious.

Fun bonus, I've mentioned before that I go to a lot of indoor box lacrosse games here in Buffalo. Roode, being from Canada, also grew up around the sport and one of his best friends growing up, I guess, was a pretty good box lacrosse player who played 3 seasons for the Buffalo Bandits and was inducted into the NLL Hall of Fame in 2016. This is him with Roode on a TNA episode.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:46 am

Indeed. Yeah, the stuff about Ziggler kinda sucks and yes, that's why I said about him surpassing HBK!

I thought's you'd do Roode. He's great and I thought his "It Factor" time in TNA was good. I loved his Glorious days in NXT, he just had a good match in NXT 2.0 with his gimmick against Bron Breakker! I never got into Lacrosse. That's really cool PB and good trivia :) Yeah, everybody knows everybody, its really a small world for celebs, must be nice :roll:

Here is Mine for today.

This is a TEST! I thought he was going somewhere for a while and even though he won some titles, I thought he's be a top guy and remain one for a long time to come. He reminded Me a lot of Kevin Nash when he first started out. He had a good personality. He had a simple yet really cool theme, I always liked it :) I was shocked when he died :roll:

That's all for Me today, more later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 am

Yeah, I always thought Test was going to be big. A shame he passed too soon.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc