Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:10 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:41 am

Gosh more Baseball :) I don't recall them at Dairy Queen, cool! I don't recall the Baseball Kid either but that looked like fun! I actually never seen that NERF one either :o Ah man, I kinda remember them Simpsons cups, gosh that was a classic showing of Pizza Hut too! Cool PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:10 am

Oh, man, I loved those Dairy Queen helmets. I had the whole set from '86 and they even gave you this cool box display you could put them in. Eventually the display fell apart and we nailed them all on the top of my bedroom walls going all the way around (one division per wall). Eventually I got the new White Sox logo, the Marlins, and the Rockies too. That's a lot of sundaes!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:06 am

Sounds great PB, but that's not your pic right or was your's similar like that :?: Yeah, I missed a lot of baseball stuff when I was a youngster. Like I said, I only got a few Starting Lineups and a bit of other stuff here and there until 98 and after.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:40 am

No, sadly that's just an image I found online. Mine was lost to time at some point in the late 80's. It would've actually predated the Marlins and Rockies so it would've had a couple slots less. Just getting the helmets was a cool treat, quite literally.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:29 am

I see, shame. Yeah and the other teams like the expansion of the D-Backs & D-Rays and so forth.

Oh man I totally forgot about 2 XL :o Now he was a cool robot toy :batsmile: I never had him but I believe at one point I really wanted him :) Well I guess he showed his friends a thing or two ;)

Goon one PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:04 am

Because I came across an episode of Gilligan's Island this morning...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:20 am

Ha. That Gilligan's Island playset is cute. The show was way before my time, though. I knew about it and watched a few episodes here and there because my siblings were way older than me but it felt too dated for me. Some of my friends were watching it, though. Don't know why but I just never really got into it.

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:13 am

Yeah, I never really watched Gilligan's Island much either. I did like them on Scooby Doo. Similar to how I mentioned 70s shows looking different, shows like Gilligan, The Monkees, and The Partridge Family looked different which also meant old, which was an easy skip. Except for Batman '66. That I'd watch.

Never really watched the Swamp Thing cartoon. I remember catching the 80s syndicated drama from time to time, but he was never a character I really cared about or found interesting until the early Ew52 run which I thought was interesting alongside the Animal Man comic. I do remember those figures, though.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:14 am

Surprisingly I did watch the Monkees. Not sure why I gave them a pass but would typically skip Gilligan, Partridge Family, Brady Bunch, Beverly Hillbillies, Andy Griffith, etc.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions