Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:55 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:06 am

I was going to do all baseball commercials this week for Opening Day, but came across this. WTH is this???

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:17 am

Great stuff PB :)

WWF Jakks - Ah, those were cool. I have all of them in that ad, maybe one day I can showcase them :)

Acid - Yes, it was something hearing Todd, shame he was on his way out as Michael Cole & Kevin Kelly were the new guys though I thought Todd was much funner plus I was so used to him by then :roll:

WWF Titan Tron - I have that too but most of it has been misplaced. I stopped collecting them after the TT figures, I do have that Kane as well. Maybe one day I can showcase with with the rest of My Jakks :)

Yeah, opening day was so huge for Me way back when, Baseball's not what it used to be IMO :roll:

MLB Cabbage Patch Kids - I actually never knew about that, that was cute & nice and what a ball team they were :lol: :)

WWF Ice Hockey - Oh man, I saw that a long time ago then was reminded a while back and now you did it again! I never got that set but boy-o-boy, REMCO did such an unusual thing here. Amaizng they made the AWA figures and then this :shock: Check out the box art for it, IMO its one of the greatest arts for any wrestling product or any toy product ever and it was from 1990, what a time that was :o

EDIT - I forgot to say about Starting Lineup :roll: Gosh that is so classic, I don't have them guys but I do have some that I hope to showcase soon in My Vintage Action Figure topic soon. It was another great line by Kenner :batsmile: Classic stuff PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:05 am

That's just such a wacky combo.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:50 pm

Oh indeed it is PB :? ;)

Gosh, I never knew about that baseball game much less that Roger Marris advertised one :batshock: That looked really classic, it had just about all the basics you need to make it authentic. I know $2.98 was way low and a different priceline from a different time but gosh, if we only had them prices now that we had then I mean I complain about it now how cheap things were in the 80s and 90s but look how it was decades before that in the 60s :roll: :o I bet kids were really thrilled over that game in them days and probably couldn't wait to come home from school and play it with their siblings and friends and maybe parents :) I myself probably would have at least checked it out and I'm sure I would have liked it and played it a lot even during the times before I was crazy about baseball and heck, may even now :)

Good one PB ;)

By the way, I posted My part 2 of Transformers this morning, check it out please PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:09 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:44 pm

Wow. I never knew about that WWF hockey game. Now I feel like I need to own one. Unfortunately, it looks way too rich for my blood.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:11 pm

It's such a bizarre concept, like who even thinks about making something like that? I love that the two fat guys are the goalies.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:46 am

This is one of the most 90's commercials I've seen. I suddenly have the urge to turn my baseball cap backwards....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:41 pm

So 90s, time to iron that Adidas tear away tracksuit and dust off the multicolored windbreaker.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions