Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:13 am

Anyone who claims they're intentionally watching soccer because they like it is a sociopath and you should probably avoid them. We're way cooler anyway.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:52 am

OK PB, yes, you guys are :) Before I get to your new one, here is what he said during a PM which i know its supposed to be private but in his case I don't care. He said he "was watching the football European Championships. This is probably the reason for some others too? I have been watching all the matches so I haven't been on the forum too much."

But he was one the forum, talking to others and commenting on their stuff...NOT mine. You saw what I posted here months ago, Its basically the same. I thought he'd like it.

So is he still a sociopath, is he still bad news still :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:01 am

Only hooligans watch soccer.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:23 am

He seemed so nice and stuff long ago, seemed liked he changed, ya never can tell, I have no clue :roll: Thanks for the advise PB ;)

OK, now back to topic. I really didn't know about Action Force at all. I really don't recall seeing them either. They looked fun, like Joes and REMCO's Defenders that I showcased a while back!

Cool PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:39 am

I'm just joking about soccer. It's boring as hell to me, but I'm sure they're fine blokes.

I never knew about Action Force either until I was an adult. It was basically UK GI Joe, though they did have their own characters as well, but a lot were just repaint of molds from Hasbro by Palitoy.

Scarlett was Quarrel

Cpbra Commander was Red Laser

And so and so on, they even had their own comics but a lot of it were just the Gi Joe comic under a different name...

It's a fun topic to look into if you ever have the time. This is just one reference site:

http://bloodforthebaron.com/?msclkid=e6 ... 3f4c327e37
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:04 pm

I spent some time across the pond and can confirm this as well as the fact that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles because Ninja sounded too violent and they had to censor all of Michelangelo's nunchaku scenes because they're illegal there, I guess.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:32 pm

AcidDragon wrote:I spent some time across the pond and can confirm this as well as the fact that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles because Ninja sounded too violent and they had to censor all of Michelangelo's nunchaku scenes because they're illegal there, I guess.

Yes Acid, you be right, that it true.

Actually that looks familiar of Action Force now since you posted that. Well gosh be serious for a second PB, should I avoid them or not, I mean there is 2 guys there that I'm not that fond of. Overall over there it hasn't been very fun :roll:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:01 pm

Hey, I don't want to steer you wrong. If they're annoying you that much maybe take a break. You know what they say, absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. Or was it absence? I guess either works at closing time.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:21 pm

Your right on the latter PB. Yeah, they get to Me cause it seems like I'm not really appreciated what I do at all and it's like I'm being ignored and I do not like that. As you know, I'm not a very social person but I can be. I don't know how it is for others for social media but for Me that's one of My turn offs. I think I will take a long hiatus, they seem so dense, not sure if they'll realize that they are losing one of their most valuable members :roll:

Thanks PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:20 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions