Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:01 am

Hah, or it was like Cal Ripken jr. going to the New York Yankees or Tony Gwynn Sr. going to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

So did you ever see Sting before with the blond hair like in wrestling books years prior to the wolf pack days?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:13 am

My Sting began with blonde surfer Sting in his early years and ended before his red Wolfpac days. I respect everything he did before and after but that time frame was most iconic to me. When he donned the red face paint and costume, the nWo was already starting to lose its luster for me. For me, he was so much better as the white face paint ambiguous alliance good guy.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:20 pm

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Hah, or it was like Cal Ripken jr. going to the New York Yankees or Tony Gwynn Sr. going to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

So did you ever see Sting before with the blond hair like in wrestling books years prior to the wolf pack days?

No, not that I really remember. I probably did in commercials and in video games, but nothing that ever stuck with me. I've since seen some of his bigger matches from back then. Not really knowing anything about the NWA I probably would've thought of him as a cheap Ultimate Warrior knockoff, lol. All I knew of wrestling was the WWF, and just a bit of the AWA and WCCW I caught rarely on ESPN. I remember not liking the Brainbusters very much because they were kind of boring compared to other tag teams. I really had no idea who the Four Horsemen were, to me they were just some new guys. I guess I really missed out back then.

Completely unrelated story, Acid might appreciate this more, but I'm watching the Buffalo Sabres play the Maple Leafs and it's the outdoor Heritage Classic game in Hamilton, Ont. and they just mentioned the Copps Coliseum, and I couldn't tell you how many times as a kid while watching the WWF they mentioned they were coming to the Copps Coliseum. I've never been there, but heard it mentioned so many times.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:00 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Completely unrelated story, Acid might appreciate this more, but I'm watching the Buffalo Sabres play the Maple Leafs and it's the outdoor Heritage Classic game in Hamilton, Ont. and they just mentioned the Copps Coliseum, and I couldn't tell you how many times as a kid while watching the WWF they mentioned they were coming to the Copps Coliseum. I've never been there, but heard it mentioned so many times.

Ha, nice. I didn't even know you watched hockey. Yeah, growing up, I would always hear them announcing the towns and arenas they would be going to and some of those stuck out to me like Sarnia, Ontario.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:14 pm

I love hockey! It's probably my favorite sport to watch even though the Sabres are awful. My 8 year old just got bumped up to play with 11-14 yr olds so I'm probably going to end up spending lots of early morning weekends at the rink for the foreseeable future. Sadly, I've never even ice skated, so don't ask me where he learned that from. I was a pretty mean floor hockey player in my teens and 20s, lol. I ran a fantasy hockey racket in high school. We didn't have computers back then so it was all newspapers and calling the free hotline to find out who scored in games. I live ten minutes from the Canadian border! I should say major sport, because I watch a lot of box lacrosse, too.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:50 pm

Man, you're not kidding when you say you're practically a Canadian. Lacrosse I'm sure you know is Canada's national sport. That's also great you've got your little one involved in hockey. I feel like in Canada, ice skating is almost a pre-requisite.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:06 pm

Ha, I've had National Lacrosse League season tickets for the Buffalo Bandits since 1994. My parents never took me ice skating, though, I can roller skate, just never tried ice. The Tragically Hip, Blue Rodeo, Labatt Beer...I live down the street from a Tim Hortons. I should have duo citizenship by now.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:15 pm

The Hip and Blue Rodeo. That's some serious Canadian street cred right there. I've done both roller skating and ice skating and honestly, ice skating is way easier to me. It feels more intuitive and like you're in control. If you ever get a chance, you should definitely try. I actually didn't pick it up until high school and it was surprisingly easy to pick up.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:17 pm

I like Blue Rodeo but never really got into the Tragically Hip. I agree with you there on the skating. Ice skating is ten times easier than roller skating for me. I remember feeling like I was losing control on the wheels but in the rink, it felt very natural. +1 on Pb trying out skating. Take video. :smlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:19 pm

Does that mean I get my own moose?

I think skating I'd do fine. I was ok in-line skating. Stopping? Well, that's what walls are for.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc