Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:24 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:51 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:28 am

Like I said, never had an Atari, My great cousin Mike did but we never got to play together :cry: It never get's old seeing that classic game stuff however ;) Oh RBI Baseball by Tengen :batshock: :smgasp: :wwshock: That was great :!:

Just so ya know, I've been working on a big Nintendo showcase for My video game topic coming soon :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:48 am

Couldn't decide between these so you get a twofer today...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:49 am

WOW, PB, two great ones. I don't know if I recall the second one but I sure do the first one. That was huge back then :o Shame it faded out so quickly however. I remember seeing it at the stores, I never got one however. Gosh, just thinking about it and knowing I was around then makes Me proud :)

I'll be posting My special Nintendo showcase very soon, just a heads up ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:12 pm

I don't really remember that Nintendo Power commercial, but I do remember that song. I never had the Power Glove but my neighbor did. He also had the mat you could use for games like Track and Field. I don't really remember using the glove, but the mat was like ROBBIE, not great. After a while we'd just kneel on the matt and use our hands to run/jump, etc.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:39 am

I see and that's cool, I think I either forgot about the mat or never knew about it :?
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:46 am

Yeah, my buddy had the mat. We didn't get much use out of it. Nintendo Power, though. Those magazines were awesome. I still have a few. My buddy had a subscription to those and he'd occasionally let me have some of them. They were actually pretty handy and awesome to read. Especially back in the days of no internet and it was pretty much the only way.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:52 am

Cool Acid. Yeah, I really still prefer that way compared to the we/net/digital age.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:22 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions