Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:39 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:32 am

Excellent, I remember them a lot. They were made by Kenner. Never got any, not sure why I wasn't interested in them...just one of those foolish and questionable decisions when your young and really shame cause I do regret it :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:42 pm

I never had any Silverhawks either. As many toylines as there were back then you could only get into so many. I watched the cartoon, but it wasn't something I had to see daily.

Cross the line....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:43 am

Wow, you posted some good ones here. Coincidentally I'm working on BIG showcases for both of'em.

TNA - I have all of the those figs in that commercial except that version of Sting, I have a different version of him with the cloth purple jacket which IMO is way better than that one. The Velvet Sky figure is sweet. Shark Boy is too! I will post these in My newer Modern wrestling figure topic, the same one I did My TNA ToyBiz ones in :)

Marvel - Ah, those are the ones I was talking about to you when you posted the Marvel Secret Wars figures that were in the 80s. I didn't collect Marvel till these ones in 90 that you just posted. I have all of them in that ad and still in great shape. In fcat these are My fave Marvel figures of all-time :o I also have some of the X-Men from the early 90s as well and they are all in scale with each other. I took all the pics but the showcase is gonna be massive because it will consist of all of them plus the movie versions from the 2000s and bonus figures too! Once Post it, it will be in the Marvel section ;)

Not sure when I'll get to post these but I hope it will be soon, there's so much to do :)

Great ones and thanks for reminding Me again PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:16 pm

Funny you mention that Sting figure in the video. It was the only TNA figure I actually owned. I think I mentioned this before, but I got it in a blind bag with a t-shirt and some random TNA DVDs at a BaseBrawl event downtown when TNA was big--Roode was the champ at the time and he wrestled Austin Aires on the show. But I used the jacket that Sting came with for a Starman custom years ago, and he's just sat coatless in the fodder tote. Until yesterday, when someone finally bought him as is off Mercari from me. Got $10 for him, which isn't bad. I listed him when he first hit AEW hoping someone would buy him, took a while, but he shipped out this morning.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:51 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:05 pm

That's VERY cool, you did tell Me that but this time more detail. How about that, you sold him, well congrats ;)

Oh boy, that's a great one. I have all of those Kong figures in that commercial. I loved the 2005 Kong, I found it extremely creative with the creatures, they creadted so much. I have the extremely rare and expensive book titled The World of Kong: A Natural History of Skull Island. There is so much in it. Maybe one day I can showcase it :?: Anyway the figures were made by Playmates. They made a good variety. I got them all at Me local Target( it was totally rebuilt and new at the time). The only thing I don't have from that line was the playset, I just wasn't interested in it.

I found it weird that Playmates would make the Godzilla vs. Kong figures about 15 years later and no I didn't get any of them, I wanted them but they were too expensive :roll: You could get 2, maybe 3 of the 05 ones for the prices of the ONLY 1 of the figures from 2020...now that's ridicules :roll:

Great entry PB...loved it ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus time, I just posted My Blackstar and BONUES showcase in My Vintage Action Figure topic (go check it when you can) and so I thought I'd post part of that here. I think you may have posted a bit of this before but I'm not sure but here it is anyway ;)

Here is the 2 commercials of the toyline, it was so classic 80s!

SUPER SPECIAL BONUS!

Here is the actual cartoon intro & credits. Look at the excellence! It was similar like He-Man in many ways, but you gotta keep in mind, Blackstar was first in 1981 while the He-Man show was 1983!

Since I was just talking about He-Man and showed off My go-to guy Prince Adam once again, here is the wonderful intro and credits. You can watch them and compare the 2 animated series' if you like.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:40 pm

I never saw Blackstar. Didn't have any recollection of the figures, either.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:17 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions