Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

TV Guest Stars or Hollywood Goes Hollywood Edition

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

TV Guest Stars or Hollywood Goes Hollywood Edition

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:30 pm

When I was in 12th grade we I took a course on mass media and at one point we had to select two new shows on the tv fall lineup to watch and write reviews of, so I picked The Naked Truth (there was no nudity :( ) and despite wanting Caroline in the City, someone else picked it ahead of me so I wound up doing The Drew Carey Show, so it always had a special place in my heart. Of course, I picked two sitcoms, why would I do something dumb like choose an hour drama an give myself twice as much to watch?

Recently, Rewind TV on the free over the air channels started airing reruns, and when I can't find anything on Directv, I sometimes switch to the digital channels and lo and behold, tonight they aired the episode where Triple H guest starred as The Disciplinarian.

Drew Carey would compete in the Royal Rumble a few years later, and also eventually be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011.

As a bonus, here's that time Mankind guest starred on Boy Meets World...

Boy Meets World must've had some wrestling fans working on it because Leon White also guest starred on a couple episodes.

Feel free to share any other wrestler TV guest appearances!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Guest Stars or That Time Triple H was on The Drew Carey

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:33 am

Cool topic PB :) I never watched any of those. Good clips though. I'm not sure if I remember them advertised or not though back in the day.

It's bit different than what you posted but here's a couple that was on My mind.

This was huge for Me. Arnold was one of My childhood heroes. I was already a huge Hulkamaniac then I saw Jesse Ventura in Predator (Jesse became another hero for Me too around the time as Hogan) and I was already a huge Alien fan then I became a huge Predator fan. Anyway here's this from 1987...35 years ago this year :!: Can you believe it :o

Here is Jesse in the X-Files!

Here's King Kong Bundy, another one of My faves in Married With Children :o

The Giant Gonzales on Baywatch. I sometimes watched it on the weekends when the WWF & WCW was on early Saturday mornings (I miss them times). They hyped up Gonzales on the show and it was a must watch for Me cause I loved him. Seeing the babes was cool and stuff but it wasn't My fave show. The clip is kinda poor quality but you can see him. He had a much longer appearance than this and even wore his sasquatch attire at the circus in the episode like he actually did in the ring! In fact, this My most memorable one really when it came to wrestlers that it guest stars on TV shows.

Ah man, this was great, arguably the ultimate wrestler guest appearance ever! It was on Walker, Texas Ranger where Hulk Hogan, Sting and Macho Man was there with Chuck Norris!

Well, that's it for what I got or at least for the time being. Hope you liked that ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:07 pm

Nice, I remember Bundy and Ventura. He really nailed that roll on the X-Files, but he already showed his acting chops in movies, so I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. Never watched Baywatch or Walker, so those clips were new to me. Thanks for sharing them!

I should be back later with another new clip. Might try to do one at a time to spread the topic out a bit like my other threads.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:19 pm

I just realized that this topic is almost like your "Yo, do you remember" thread so, in honor of it...

Yo, do you remember that time Hulk Hogan guest starred on the A-Team?

The A-Team go to see BA's buddy from 'Nam, Hulk Hogan (Hulk Hogan never fought in Vietnam), when they become aware that a shady family is trying to buy the local center for street kids. The crime family is pressuring the banks to foreclose on the property if it can't make it's next payment, and they'll swoop in to buy it. But why? Well, if it was an orphanage, they'd want to build a mall or business or something, but the A-Team fights crime, not capitalism, so it appears that there was a bank robbery years ago and all the loot is buried someplace on the property.

Hey, it's Greg "The Hammer" Valentine!

Will this five man tag team be able to put a stop to this nefarious plot? Of course, but not alone...

You see, the boys convince the baddies that they have the loot, and all they have to do to get it is to follow them into this dark gymnasium....

I think that's the closest you can get to a montage of Rocky music without having to actually pay Survivor royalties, lol. They sound almost the same to me. Don't ask Vanilla Ice his opinion, though.

Yay, the street kids have a place to go!

I didn't really remember Rick McGraw, wonder if he'll make Darkside of the Ring someday.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:11 am

Your welcome PB. Cool you remember them. Jesse is quite memorable indeed. Like I said, as a youngster seeing babes was cool & fun but the show was just ok. I watched Baywatch off and on. I remember the one that the Giant Gonzales like it was yesterday. They hyped it up of WWF Mania, a recap show on Saturday mornings back in 93. I hurried up and popped a VHS that already had wrestling on it in the VCR just in time. It very good episode but Pamela's boyfriend character part was very depressing, even the Giant's part was kinda sad as he was giant in the circus and he was abused by his handler. He loved pelicans and made sculptures of them. He was really a gentle giant and befriended Hasslehoff's play son. This makes Me go down memory lane. In fact, when i continue My Yo, do you remember topic I might post a special about this. This was in 93 and is My next year to present so we'll see ;)

Hah, thanks PB for sayin that My My topic Yo, do you remember topic, I appreciate that :D As just said above, I'm not done with My topic, no-siree-bob! Just haven't got to it yet but soon :)

Actually yeah, it is a bit like it but let's pretend it's a spinoff ;)

Ya know, i really don't remember Hogan and the A-Team. Truth is I wasn't a huge A-Team fan. I was funny back then (weird not ha ha funny), most what got My attention when I was young cartoons, wrestling and horror TV shows & movies. I liked action but mostly in movies, only sometimes in TV shows. Like I said, I was funny :roll: I just missed it but oh well. It was very apropos that Hogan was there because of the big stuff that Mr T did for the WWF during the time. You brought it to My attention now and you presented this pretty well. All of that is great :o :!: :D

Yeah, maybe that is good to spread it out :)

I have some others in mind but that'll be later :idea:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Guest Stars or When Attitude Went 70's

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:42 am

Spinoff it is (hopefully not like The Ropers though, yuck!)

I didn't watch the A-Team regularly but my dad did so I would often watch just to see what they built to fend off the bad guys, to see what Murdoch would do next, and to watch BA toss some baddies around. But I was too young to really follow the stories which is why I was much more drawn to sitcoms and cartoons back then. You didn't have to follow a full hour to know what was going on in a sitcom, and jokes were easier to get than a drama. And cartoons were everywhere. It was a beautiful time.

Man, it's hard to believe how big the Attitude Era was compared to today's corporate WWE. You had so many stars, and they were all over the TV in commercials, on SNL< talk shows, dramas, and sitcoms. So here's that time Attitude went back to the 1970s....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:33 am

Cool about spinoff :) I see, yeah, things are different when your a youngster. I know, WWF 80s & 90s was the best and stuff like this is a good example of it. I remember seeing the pics of clips of this back then but I never seen the episode because I wasn't into the series. That brings back the memories especially of Shamrock & the Rock :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Guest Stars or That Time TNA Kabonged Blue Collar TV

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:43 am

I liked That 70s Show for a bit, but then the cast got a little older and I lost interest. Anyone remember That 80s Show? Think that lasted about 3 weeks before it got cancelled. Speaking of forgotten shows, anyone remember Blue Collar TV? It was one of those shows I didn't watch, but if I caught wind of an interesting guess star, I'd try to check it out.

Give it a watch, slapnuts.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:57 am

WOW PB, I never seen that before...that was great! Early days of TNA...classic :!: JJ was still in his prime not too long he was "The Chosen One" :o You don't see AJ jumping like that anymore and how about Monster Abyss! This was the best one you posted so far and really one of the I have ever seen to be honest...great one PB and thanks for that one :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:03 am

I've always been hot and cold with Jeff Jarrett. There were times in TNA where I was sick of him going over all the time or that bad WCW run with Vince Russo, but there were other times I really respected his work and his skills on the mic. I don't know if he ever got enough credit for his in-ring ability.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT