Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 am

No words more dreaded than "some assembly required...."

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:42 am

Dang PB, amazing about them :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I don't know if I ever saw those commercials before :?: Who the heck had the room for that Battleship? That must have been one of the biggest playsets ever :batconfused: :wwsmh: :smhuh: Oh I remember the space shuttle though, I wanted that one bad, I saw up way up on the top shelves of Venture's but never got it, before My Grandparent could get it for Me they were gone, never seen it again anywhere else :roll:

As a bonus, since you just seen My Coleco showcase, I thought I'd repost the intros here ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:40 pm

Funny thing was, I never saw the Sectaurs cartoon, Didn't even know it existed until many years later. I think my Sectaurs fascination would've been closer to 1987 or so.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:54 am

Huh, how about that :shock:

Wow, that brought back the memories. Yep, that's My figure I got back then and I saw Boa :o

I might update My Vintage topic and put this classic commercial within it in the future :)

Great one PB :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:59 am

Speaking of mail aways, I remember having 3 or 4 of these Palpatines. It's an ingenious promotion, and honestly, five proofs of purchase wasn't that hard to get, but imagine the internet rage if a toy company tried to do something like this with a major character of a popular film. Imagine if the only way you could get an MCU Thanos or a Black Series Dinn Djarin was to send in proofs of purchase, lol. The man rage would break the internet.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:40 am

Oh yes, that stuff & time was great. Wow, you had that many :o I actually I still have him in My collection but I have misplaced his walking cane though. I know, today's generation would rage over something like that...that's nuts :!: They have no idea how cool it was then. Thanks for that one PB, that brought back the memories ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 pm

Well, since we talked about these elsewhere....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:26 am

That's awesome! That brought back memories. I have 1 of them, for silly reason I only wanted Hogan. I played the heck outta him Llike wrestling and threw him around and I actually slept with him a ton back in the day, he was like a friend or something to Me. They were made by Tonka. When I get to My Hasbro WWF figures maybe I'll showcase him?

Also, I have the WCW wrestling buddies version by Toymax, same thing, I only wanted Ric Flair. you don't see much of that series compared to the WWF one. They came out about the same time in 1990/1991 and their the same size too. He's a bit faded and maybe down the road I'll showcase him too, heck, why not together in the future:)

Cool entry PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:30 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:07 am

Awesome classic. Never played on Atari but on Commodore 64 and newer systems. Still one of the most iconic of all video games :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions