Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The AEW Thread

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

Re: The AEW Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:04 pm

I'm behind still, finally got to watch NXT this morning, I'll catch up soon enough ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:55 am

OK, caught up with all of last week's AEW, still gotta watch SD however. Man, 3 big shows plus 2 Darks :batshock: Anyway, it was all good shows. What did you think of the TBS switch? I really didn't think there was much of a difference. I thought there may have been a chance of a WCW atmosphere scenario when Nitro was on TNT & Thunder was on TBS but nope. I am so glad Jade won, What is your thoughts about her? I love how she finally came out as Storm, I think she is just so awesome looking :!: that TBS title is sweet :!: I see what you mean about Rey, that was one nasty injury :roll: Battle of the Belts was good, I felt it needed a little more of a boost though like fanfare and stuff, I understand its their first show like that and wanna try to have it reminiscent to the NWA/WCW original Clash of the Champions but I think the next one needs a little more intro and a surprsie...like save somebody that's coming for that, stuff like that. I loved the main event, wow the women made a main event :!: Congrats to them! I was really impressed with little Riho especially that table spot how she walked up and hit Hayter, that was really remarkable! Oh but Britt, she is My fave woman in AEW next to Jade, I find her just not hot but really good as a wrestler. IMO she is quite convincing as a top one and can handle her own with or without her goonesses. I love her expressions. I'm always excited to see her in and out of the ring. In fact, really she is actually one of the very few women in AEW & even WWE that really get's My attention. I hope she remains champ for a long time to come and I also hope Jade has one match after another beating everybody and remains champ for a long time to come too :scww:

Well, gotta go watch SD, then off to the Darks and/or Raw :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Britt is great. I remember early on you could tell they wanted her to kind of be the face of the division, but she seemed really raw. Then on the first Jericho Cruise she cut a promo that seemed pretty awful. But since then her arrows been rocketing straight up both on the mic and in the ring. Next week's match on Dynamite should be fun.

Yeah, Battle of the Belts was pretty underwhelming. If you're going to do something like that, you need much more star power than what they had. I know they wanted the Hangman/Bryan match for the first Dynamite on TBS but they still should've had a World title match of some sort. I love Ricky Starks, but Ricky vs someone who really has no shot at winning the FTW title was very dull. And you could tell the way they built up Riho never losing to Britt that Britt was going to retain. Just kind of poorly planned show. No world title. Not even the tag titles? Jurassic Express vs anyone would've been good. Hopefully they learn from that with the next quarter special.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:51 am

Oh yeah, I remember her heel turn, I thought was rather weird. For a while i wasn't sure what was going on. Agreed, hopefully they will do better next time :D

Oh, amazing how FTR's music is, it is so Midnight Express-esque:)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:58 pm

FTR's music also makes me think of Coast to Coast AM. I keep waiting for George Noory to come out.

"Oh my god, it's George Noory!"
"But who's side is he on?"
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:52 pm

How about that!

Got this in My AEW e-mail (are you subscribed too?) that said SPOILERS! Click it you want, it's just confirms what we were talkin' about earlier ;)

Spoiler:

Gosh, how does anybody afford these items, the wrestling figures and everything else they need? That Sammy G jacket is $125 :shock: Yowza :batshock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:59 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of AEW shirts I've been tempted to buy but I can never decide on only one (or six) so I never buy any, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:08 pm

I used to be into wrestling merch like that long ago when the WWF had the cool and fun looking catalogs (got a few other cool stuff too) back in the day especially 90 - 91 but a lot changed with Me. I kinda got back with that sorta thing with WCW in the late 90s too along with SW:EP1 but I just got to where I wasn't a fan of wearing stuff like that so I just wear plan shirts :? :batconfused: :smsmh: :wwlol: But think'in back, stuff was a lot cheaper back then :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:11 pm

It would help if 98% of shirts weren't black.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:39 pm

It's Stang!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to AEW